• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

suko_32

:lol

Blizzard, ladies and gentlemen. Oh well. At least my brother made off like a bandit.

Everytime there's some cool new farming spot...I'm not there.

When I make it to the cool hangout spot, blizzard nukes it. Thanks for listening to my late night qq all!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I got a 6 prop monk helm plan. Monk helms worth much? Thinking about trying some crafting but I'm not sure how much of a potential return monk helms would give.

Jackl

Blizzard? Lol.
Greedy players, ladies and gentlemen.

Players figure out Blizzard's non-randomized sections.
Many of them are filled with loot pinatas.
More effective then farming loot nerfed bosses or near-impossible champ packs.

Players are "greedy"?

Played some Diablo III a couple days ago, multiplater, we got part way through act 2
And I can only say that DIII is the most boring game I've ever had the displeasure of playing, and this is in multiplayer!
A complete chore, with no real incentive to continue (shit story, no fun loot, boring maps, iffy presentation,overly streamlined)
I don't know what the hell happened so I can only assume that the talent behind Diablo and Diablo II has long since left Blizzard to go on to other things

Most disappointing game this gen, and I'm really struggling with building any motivation to even play it at all

pigeon

Banned
Amusing thing happened tonight as I was going through Kulle's archives -- I saw a unique Fallen Maniac. I didn't get a chance to check its affixes before it ran up to me and exploded itself. Unfortunately didn't drop loot. Enemies that self-destruct should probably not have a chance to be unique.

Neki

Played some Diablo III a couple days ago, multiplater, we got part way through act 2
And I can only say that DIII is the most boring game I've ever had the displeasure of playing, and this is in multiplayer!
A complete chore, with no real incentive to continue (shit story, no fun loot, boring maps, iffy presentation,overly streamlined)
I don't know what the hell happened so I can only assume that the talent behind Diablo and Diablo II has long since left Blizzard to go on to other things

Most disappointing game this gen, and I'm really struggling with building any motivation to even play it at all

How was Diablo II any different besides the streamlining?

rCIZZLE

Blizzard? Lol.
Greedy players, ladies and gentlemen.

Blizzard handled it about as poorly as you could expect. Players are always going to look for the most efficient method of obtaining gear/leveling/whatever and Blizzard should have took that into consideration.

Opiate

In to act IV of inferno -- desperately need more defense to sustain myself at this point, but I'm slowly pushing through. Trying to never avoid a pack whenever possible. Really great fun, going to be a shame when they nerf it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
It's just missing something that Diablo II had

I think the fact that many peoples primary method of obtaining loot/gold involves repeatedly (re)loading to open a chest, kill a goblin or smash a bunch of vases says a lot. Don't really need to form much of an argument at this point. It's been rampant throughout this thread alone.

It's good Blizzard notices players doing this and have commented on it. I'm expecting 1.03 to change things for the better with the lowered difficulty of inferno and more quality gear dropping across the board. Maybe then people will actually play the end game instead of ^.

Also the co-op. I played all the way up to inferno with a monk friend from GAF and had a blast. Since this was before the recent fix, you can guess what happened after that.

Neki

I'm just not sure how a compelling story (regardless of how shitty/good Diablo 3 was) would make the game-play more enjoyable, you're only experiencing it once.

I'm just not sure how a compelling story (regardless of how shitty/good Diablo 3 was) would make the game-play more enjoyable, you're only experiencing it once.

How can you not be? A compelling story compels you to play further, if you're enjoying the story and the lore and whatnot there's more reason to continue to see the plot unfold, even if there are other glaring issues (such as shit loot)

Rufus

You'd be clicking away even the greatest story on run n through the content. (And D3 doesn't exactly have a good story, so you might be clicking it away on your first run...)

Neki

How can you not be? A compelling story compels you to play further, if you're enjoying the story and the lore and whatnot there's more reason to continue to see the plot unfold, even if there are other glaring issues (such as shit loot)

I'm talking from a perspective of a person who has experienced the story multiple times. The story was servicable the first time, but after that, it didn't matter. I guess if you couldn't make it through the first 8 hours of the game, then story does matter.

I'm talking from a perspective of a person who has experienced the story multiple times. The story was servicable the first time, but after that, it didn't matter. I guess if you couldn't make it through the first 8 hours of the game, then story does matter.

Well of course for continued play throughs the story isn't important, but it's most certainly a bigger deal for the vast majority of players who haven't reached other difficulties yet. The fact that you have to replay the game several times to start finding decent loot is a big flaw in itself.
With loot there's no reason there couldn't be unique/set/legendary loot for the lower levels/difficulties along with the rarer drops for endgame content - with loot games you need the gratification of finding a sweet drop, the promise of getting such drops after X amount of hours and X amount of replays is ludicrous. Shouldn't have to invest a crazy number of hours before the game becomes fun

zou

The longer I play the game the more I grow tired of the artificial slow downs/breaks and interruptions in the game.

Identifying uniques now is a slow, tedious process: Click, wait 3 seconds, click again. And don't accidentally do anything or you cancel the identification. Same with town portals. Which wouldn't be so bad if you could leave the game directly without the 10s delay. But hey, at least no scrolls..

Boss fights are continuously interrupted by in-game cut scenes. Hitting escape needs to be confirmed (and enter of course isn't valid input). And even then the game makes you sit through crappy animations before giving you back the controls (KN after picking up the soulstone, diablo at the start and end of each part. Actually, every boss fight has it).

And then of course we got that stupid spider or Azmodan in Act 3 continuously interrupting the game with uninteresting blabber, obstructing my view and stealing the input focus (as if the visible area isn't shit to begin with).

Zyzyxxz

The longer I play the game the more I grow tired of the artificial slow downs/breaks and interruptions in the game.

Identifying uniques now is a slow, tedious process: Click, wait 3 seconds, click again. And don't accidentally do anything or you cancel the identification. Same with town portals. Which wouldn't be so bad if you could leave the game directly without the 10s delay. But hey, at least no scrolls..

Boss fights are continuously interrupted by in-game cut scenes. Hitting escape needs to be confirmed (and enter of course isn't valid input). And even then the game makes you sit through crappy animations before giving you back the controls (KN after picking up the soulstone, diablo at the start and end of each part. Actually, every boss fight has it).

And then of course we got that stupid spider or Azmodan in Act 3 continuously interrupting the game with uninteresting blabber, obstructing my view and stealing the input focus (as if the visible area isn't shit to begin with).

Pretty much my sentiments. At this points it's just farming the acts and I don't need to see the same dialogue again for the 10th time.

maharg

idspispopd

Also super-long cooldowns that encourage you to go to town between elite packs just in case. This one bugs me almost more than the three second crap on identifying and tping.

HomShaBom

Banned
Great. They're trying to friend me now.
BJNn2.png

Sarcasm

Got my first legendary drop in normal act IV (second closing hell riftgate)

Figure I use it for the NA DH I might create. Don't think its really sellable material.

maharg

idspispopd
Seriously? I've seen +N xp values higher than that on lvl 23 weapons before, doesn't even seem to be a very uncommon roll. Never seen it mean an appreciable difference in value on the AH.

tch

Found a amulet with +257 Vit and 50 Dex. Can't find anything on the AH at such high numbers. Any ideas on where I should price it at? Not good enough to use with only 2 stats so I might as well sell

eek5

Found a amulet with +257 Vit and 50 Dex. Can't find anything on the AH at such high numbers. Any ideas on where I should price it at?

There is a 270vit 111dex amu for 300k (1d11h) and one for 550k (1d2h). You could probably get 100-200k for yours, maybe 300k if the 1d11h amulet sells.

Made a barb yesterday. The feedback on a his moves is great. I think Blizzard nailed how a lot the characters should feel, excluding the Wizard who I found never to be enjoyable ever unless I was way, way overpowered.

Haven't hit the AH yet, gonna see how I fare with just drops with this dude as a change of pace.

Oh and male Barbs voice is manly as fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom