• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morokh

Overshooting the mark, in my opinion. You've got really interesting stuff dropping right from the off, but I think they should be slimming it down and saving the good stuff until at least the halfway mark of the 'normal' playthrough. But the loot is exciting in TL2, you're always looking forward to looting chests and downing bosses.

While you may loot things that are above your level, or a little bit powerfull, you may not always have the stats required to equip them, so it also gives some more incentive to go on, level some more and be able to equip the item.

That's something that is completely absent in D3 and it makes leveling so bland and boring.

spirity

I agree with this. But there's no guarantee of legendary at all. I haven't ever seen one personally! Andi'm in inferno for Christs sakes. You get that? I've played through the game four times and no legendary.

I can't express to you the joy I felt when one dropped for me. Then the disappointment that comes when you identify it. It wasn't even the stats that bugged me, it was the lvl to equip being 8 and me being 20.

You dodged a kick in the balls by not finding one. But one's out there, waiting for you right now. And its got Doctor Martins on.

Honestly, is the loot overpowered, or are we spoilt with choices?

It was different during the Diablo 1/2 years, where there was no Auction House to be had early in the game's lifetime. Now everyone knows what's the maximum amount of damage a weapon can have and if they so do please, buy it at the Auction House.

And let's just say there are ton of loot, dropped by players. Only a few of them are worthy enough to be sold for millions of gold, and we keep comparing them over and over. It's like playing the lottery now at this point, with everyone pissed that they aren't the ones hitting the jackpot.

Now I'm not defending Blizzard on this one, or even lashing out even. Still this issue could arguably be countered, and I hope they do it quick.

Oh, it's also good if we ourselves keep it in mind :D

Insaniac

I find Izual more difficult than Diablo. Took me like 6 tries to solo Izzy on hell, and only two tries to get Diablo, and I didn't even break a sweat

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Figured out how to skip where you are on a difficulty lol

Play game on inferno (start game)

Go to public games, choose your desired destination for inferno on hell, join game, leave game then go to change quest and inferno destination that you chose should be selected (or at least the chapter) then click select

And yeah, this even works for getting the infernal staff of herding :p

I actually attempted to play certain portions of inferno this way and just flat out got destroyed :s

Probably old but hey... Blizzard fail

TheExodu5

Banned
Honestly, is the loot overpowered, or are we spoilt with choices?

It was different during the Diablo 1/2 years, where there was no Auction House to be had early in the game's lifetime. Now everyone knows what's the maximum amount of damage a weapon can have and if they so do please, buy it at the Auction House.

And let's just say there are ton of loot, dropped by players. Only a few of them are worthy enough to be sold for millions of gold, and we keep comparing them over and over. It's like playing the lottery now at this point, with everyone pissed that they aren't the ones hitting the jackpot.

Now I'm not defending Blizzard on this one, or even lashing out even. Still this issue could arguably be countered, and I hope they do it quick.

Oh, it's also good if we ourselves keep it in mind :D

I don't know what is the max damage a weapon can get in D3. I can tell you what the max damage any weapon can get in D2. I don't really see your complaint.

spirity

While you may loot things that are above your level, or a little bit powerfull, you may not always have the stats required to equip them, so it also gives some more incentive to go on, level some more and be able to equip the item.

That's something that is completely absent in D3 and it makes leveling so bland and boring.

Its an interesting system that could be expanded on. Offering a kick ass melee sword, but with a magic attribute requirement to equip has been done before but that requirement always felt randomly placed. So you invest your points in order to equip it but don't really benefit from the statistical change (you're a fighter not a caster afterall). I'd like to have seen some sort of ability offered as a permanent bonus, because when you outgrow that sword you get rid of it and the points you invested aren't used. Perhaps a damage shield or minion.

Making the player deviate from the standard "all points into str or hp" build is something interesting thats workable, it didn't have to be thrown out altogether.

MrDaravon

I'm killing everything just fine with 17k dps and 27k life /shrug. I use the same gear to do butcher runs, I guess your resists are still too low (you can easily find MF/GF/Res all gear for cheap)

Still a no go for me, at least for the money I can spend to buy that stuff; I got all MF/GF/All Resist gear and got my resists all up to 200-250, but as a result my DPS dropped to 12k and my HP dropped to 20k. And I can't afford to spend MORE money to buy better stuff to farm more effeciently, because I don't have more money because I can't farm efficiently. It's kinda fucked. Ideally with a better weapon I could probably mitigate a lot of this, but I need a TON of money I don't have to upgrade, so it's this be circle jerk of suck, and I'm actually down most of my money today buying gear to try to make this work. I think I'm just going to do Whimseyshire on Hell or just play through Act 1 with my normal shit and just grind it out forever, because unless I get some really lucky drop I can use/sell I don't see any way I can be doing this right now with what I have.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think what Blizzard fucked up more than dropped loot was the crafting system. By the time you got to say level 6 and could use the equipment that you could craft, the equipment sucked absolute dick.

I can't think of what they were doing during all of this dev time they had to fuck up so much stuff. Valve seems to be the only ones left that take awhile to deliver an excellent game and actually deliver it.

Neki

Still a no go for me, at least for the money I can spend to buy that stuff; I got all MF/GF/All Resist gear and got my resists all up to 200-250, but as a result my DPS dropped to 12k and my HP dropped to 20k. And I can't afford to spend MORE money to buy better stuff to farm more effeciently, because I don't have more money because I can't farm efficiently. It's kinda fucked. Ideally with a better weapon I could probably mitigate a lot of this, but I need a TON of money I don't have to upgrade, so it's this be circle jerk of suck, and I'm actually down most of my money today buying gear to try to make this work. I think I'm just going to do Whimseyshire on Hell or just play through Act 1 with my normal shit and just grind it out forever, because unless I get some really lucky drop I can use/sell I don't see any way I can be doing this right now with what I have.

What is your weapon right now?

scy

I don't know what is the max damage a weapon can get in D3. I can tell you what the max damage any weapon can get in D2. I don't really see your complaint.

The point is that the loot you can sere in the AH will outclass what you get as drops just due to the sheer volume of them from later Acts or difficulties. You'll get the loot you need to progress but the AH makes it incredibly apparent what you could get in that slot/level requirement.

Ashodin

I just want to say that stacking survival stats will always yield better enjoyment than straight DPS. In my opinion. Then again, I am playing a melee demon hunter.

I started sacrificing defense stats in inferno for mf, and holy hell is it fun to find 1k gold drops on the ground.

I firmly believe in Opiate's way of doing things.

chris-013

I think what Blizzard fucked up more than dropped loot was the crafting system. By the time you got to say level 6 and could use the equipment that you could craft, the equipment sucked absolute dick.

I can't think of what they were doing during all of this dev time they had to fuck up so much stuff. Valve seems to be the only ones left that take awhile to deliver an excellent game and actually deliver it.

That doesn't matter when you know the game will sell for millions and you can patch it later... xD

scy

I just want to say that stacking survival stats will always yield better enjoyment than straight DPS. In my opinion. Then again, I am playing a melee demon hunter.

I started sacrificing defense stats in inferno for mf, and holy hell is it fun to find 1k gold drops on the ground.

I firmly believe in Opiate's way of doing things.

To be honest, "balance" is the best way. Balancing everything. It's kind of hilarious to read some of the complaints for progression when people talk about stats like 3k Armor 800 Resists with 5k DPS. Act 2 is fairly easy to tank with as little as 4000 Armor/400 Resists (5000/500 is a bit closer to ideal) for my Monk, for instance, and that's even without a Shield.

Building towards having good DPS with equivalent Armor/Resists and good HP is better than stacking. You just get better returns that way as far as time spent farming (or gold spent buying) for equipment.

eek5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oUwu46qrJM

Can WW be viable again? This guy combines the Sprint w/ the rune that leaves tornadoes behind and WW that leaves tornadoes :lol

I tried this build in A1 and A2. I was two shotting mobs with my tornadoes in A1 so I couldn't really keep up the fury. In a2 stuff stayed alive a lot longer but I still couldn't keep fury up. I can't sustain WW as long as he does.

I was using WW w/ Dust Devils to get more tornadoes (3x tornado attack!). I actually started liking tornadoes off sprint a LOT. It's great for kiting and general AOE damage. Still don't like WW. I'll probably switch from Gangway on Sprint to Run Like the Wind and switch back to my normal build.

Belial with Sprint RLtW was awesome though. Being able to deal damage to him during the bomb phase by running that arc felt good man.

Sarcasm

My wizard:

560 intel
173 vit (1890 HP)
628 armor
423.84 DPS

Just started Nightmare. I couldn't solo Diablo so I had some help..how SOL will I be in nightmare?

GJS

To be honest, "balance" is the best way. Balancing everything. It's kind of hilarious to read some of the complaints for progression when people talk about stats like 3k Armor 800 Resists with 5k DPS. Act 2 is fairly easy to tank with as little as 4000 Armor/400 Resists (5000/500 is a bit closer to ideal) for my Monk, for instance, and that's even without a Shield.

Building towards having good DPS with equivalent Armor/Resists and good HP is better than stacking. You just get better returns that way as far as time spent farming (or gold spent buying) for equipment.

That's what I'm doing with my duel wield LoH monk.

I'm slowly improving my resists without lowering my dex or HP and in turn increasing how far I can comfortably get into Act 2.

I have 468 resist, 5k armour, 34K HP, 23K DPS, and 964 LoH at the moment.

RivalCore

I'm at the stage where I can comfortably (with a little discretion regarding certain elite mobs) farm Magdha. 4 runs in with 150+ MF and 5 NV stacks I've gotten a level 50 dagger and a level 56 mace.

Groan.

My wizard:

560 intel
173 vit (1890 HP)
628 armor
423.84 DPS

Just started Nightmare. I couldn't solo Diablo so I had some help..how SOL will I be in nightmare?

I solo'd my way all the way to inferno which I'm still on because of issue w/ 1.0.2 that makes the game unplayable for me. I always found bosses easier to beat solo unless you were fighting with lvl 60 players?

eek5

I'm at the stage where I can comfortably (with a little discretion regarding certain elite mobs) farm Magdha. 4 runs in with 150+ MF and 5 NV stacks I've gotten a level 50 dagger and a level 56 mace.

Groan.

Lol ran 5 stack ZK->Belial while testing WW build and the only 60s I got were blues.

GJS

The level 60/ilvl61/62/63 items are all supposed to be rarer, they aren't supposed to be plentiful.

If everyone was getting level 60+ items all the time everyone would be finished with inferno even quicker, blizzard don't want that and I don't see why everyone else wants that.

Everyone seems to be in gotta go fast mode, especially with trying to get the best gear available.

Narag

Everyone seems to be in gotta go fast mode, especially with trying to get the best gear available.

I think that's a by-product of an easily attainable level cap and the knowledge of little to no additional content until expansions. Get to 60, get geared, clear inferno, wait until next expansion releases before hopping back on the treadmill.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
For a loot game, the loot is somehow the most infuriating part of it

I don't even feel like farming because of the shit ass drop table for act 1/2 inferno

So fucking disappointing. I would if it felt like it was worth it.. Not even close to worth it to frustrate myself over garbage.

I completely stopped playing, might end up playing the AH game til the next patch.

scy

The level 60/ilvl61/62/63 items are all supposed to be rarer, they aren't supposed to be plentiful.

If everyone was getting level 60+ items all the time everyone would be finished with inferno even quicker, blizzard don't want that and I don't see why everyone else wants that.

Expectations, I suppose. A lot of people wanted to be on Act 4 Inferno farming for the sake of farming. Some of us are perfectly fine with farming gear for progression for awhile.

There are a lot of disappointing aspects to the loot (bad Legendaries/Set Weapons essentially removing an item quality as exciting) and it's so easy to have a "bad" item (low DPS == terrible regardless of stats, for instance). But, all-in-all, I'm pretty satisfied with it.

MrDaravon

What is your weapon right now?

s5T0p.png

It looks like I'd need at least a million to upgrade on the AH, but then at that point I have to start making choices about dropping the slot/crit% to do so, and getting a pure upgrade with both Dex/DPS/socket or crit % will run me at least a few million.

For upping Resists, is it best to try to just get Int, the actual All Resist stat, or a combination of both? Trying to figure out what pieces of equipment I may need to lose some DPS on to get those stats, my resists being low right now certainly doesn't help.

scy

any wizard build suggestions for inferno survivability?

Seeker Magic Missile / Arcane Hydra / Any Blizzard builds probably. And just remembering to gear to decent Armor and Resists.

For upping Resists, is it best to try to just get Int, the actual All Resist stat, or a combination of both? Trying to figure out what pieces of equipment I may need to lose some DPS on to get those stats, my resists being low right now certainly doesn't help.

+All Resist. Just think of INT as supplemental things or if you have something like two good DEX/VIT pieces and one has 100 INT 30 All Resist and the other has 40. Those are the same so whichever is cheaper is better.

Wallach

They said they are going to nerf IAS, but they did not say how they are going to go about it yet. A couple different scenarios were posed in the official blog but my guess is they'll simply reduce how much IAS is granted by a single property. The actual weight of said stat is going to vary per character.

I don't even feel like farming because of the shit ass drop table for act 1/2 inferno

So fucking disappointing. I would if it felt like it was worth it.. Not even close to worth it to frustrate myself over garbage.

I completely stopped playing, might end up playing the AH game til the next patch.

Basically this.

scy

So disappointing.

I WANT to play the game and I want to find items that can be upgrades, they don't have to be the ultimate drops at all or close to it, just some fucking progress man.

Shit is so discouraging tbh.

But you can get drops from clearing, say, Act 1 Inferno to progress into Act 2. The patch will let this be a bit more rewarding (chance of ilvl 62, 63 items in Act 1) but you still can make gear progress.

Repgnar

With the nerf to IAS I'm unsure if I want to start gearing up my DH just yet. At 58 right now and could hit 60 today or tomorrow but with the uncertainty of just how IAS is going to be nerfed I don't won't to drop 2 mil on the hero just to have to change out gear, especially if that gear is going to drop in price.

Raxus

But you can get drops from clearing, say, Act 1 Inferno to progress into Act 2. The patch will let this be a bit more rewarding (chance of ilvl 62, 63 items in Act 1) but you still can make gear progress.

He is saying he will play the AH game UNTIL the patch releases. I think he is just venting on how mind boggingly stupid the loot table is on inferno.

Thrakier

Well, I'm now seeling all my shit for 10k to 20k despite some of it is probably worht more than 500k. I'm just fed up with cycling it over and over again and no one is buying it. So at least some bots get some work to do and its better than nothing. Fuck this shit.

What would be the fastest way to level up as a SOLO player??

V_Arnold

I am perfectly happy at where I am.

Money making is not one my talents, so I have yet to acquire more than 2mill at the same time. I hate the end-act2 mobs in inferno, so I am content with farming Act2 first half in Inferno and Act1 fully.

I also do not mind the loot system. I understand that I am not supposed to beat Inferno in a few weeks with my pace, and I treat it as a very hard progression mode. I am working on alts at the same time (trying to get them to lv60 without bullshit-glitching, 15-20 hours to lv60 at max), in preparation of the new patch.

I do not know. 160+ hours in the game right now, or close to that, and the game is not even a month old. Broken? Bah. I love it. Are the issues fixable? Easily. Is the gameplay fun? Yes.
Kiting rules, lol

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
He is saying he will play the AH game UNTIL the patch releases. I think he is just venting on how mind boggingly stupid the loot table is on inferno.

Yep pretty much, it's just frustration kicking in.

Nerfed, that layout was completely removed from the roll pack. You cannot get that dungeon layout for level 2 anymore so far as I know. It picks now strictly from the other versions that are similar, but no longer allow this.

lol

My wizard:

560 intel
173 vit (1890 HP)
628 armor
423.84 DPS

If you couldn't solo diablo in normal with your wiz, you may have some probs in nightmare.

Diablo is the easiest boss in the game for my wiz.

I had 4k dps going into nightmare, ended at about 7k. I'm partway throuigh act 1 hell with 10k and have some issues with elite leapers and generally fast moving mobs.

Cipherr

The more I think about it, the more I realize they really did a number on this game until 1.03.

They told us a IAS nerf was coming, we have no fucking clue how severe... Most classes have IAS as one of their most valued stats.... so until the nerf, everyone wants to hold off and not upgrade until we see how they are going to handle it.

Inferno nerf is coming, going to supposedly work on making damage less spikey?.... Everyone wants to hold off and wait for that rather than try and progress right now.

Tiered loot redistribution is coming; noone wants to keep farming Act 1 knowing that have 0% chance of finding really good upgrades. Everyone wants to hold off and farm after 1.03.

Toss in 'Pay to Win'-esque gamers sitting on their credit cards waiting on the RMAH so they can buy some skill, and you have a game that is seemingly encouraging lots of people to just... not log on for a few days/weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom