• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two questions:

Is magic find for groups the average MF level of all players? Or is it an individual stat? Lots of people say the former, but I have yet to see any substantial evidence for this claim.

Does last hitting with MF gear actually increase the likelihood of finding rares? Again, lots of people think that it works, but official evidence has yet to appear.

I'd like Blizz to clear these things up. (Or perhaps someone could actually do some rigorous testing to see how it works.)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hmmph, where do all these 1500 dps weapons drop? I've been playing act I inferno and everything I get is sub 500 dps. What gives?

act 3-4 bro :(

Zona

So I just started playing, good stuff.

So, a noobish question, but i'm playing as a witch doctor, what benefit do clubs and bows have for me, when i'm just throwing jars of spiders at everyone?

Weapons contribute directly to your spell damage, so a better weapon means better spiders. It's an odd system until you get used to the idea.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Act 3 farming, here we go :_:

Which one of these crossbows do you think is the best?

diabloiii2012-05-2616pquwn.jpg

I would pick the crossbow for the extra XP. Unless you're already level 60.

Yoshichan

So I'm in Hell difficulty, playing a Witch Doctor and my interest in the game is waning fast. :\
Waning because things are too easy, too hard, too repetitive, or all of the above?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Waning because things are too easy, too hard, too repetitive, or all of the above?

Sometimes the difficulty goes from 0-60 in no time at all. I'll be killing some dudes no problem and then it's like "oh hey a rare spawn".. get 2 shot. My class just doesn't feel useful, so I can't really progress at all to get better gear without diving the AH and spending all my gold.

I'm not sure if it's how I'm playing my WD but the class just doesn't feel that great. The way I envision is that it relies on the dogs/garg to kind of tank and be support while DPS but... yeah Dogs are fucking terrible. Garg is good but I get torn through like paper.

V_Arnold

Funny synchronicity: my first character on my first real-life RPG was named Maximus, and was a pretty short-lived gladiator, lol. (was around 12 years old at that time).

KarmaCow

Do the pets from the WD's passive skill Fetish Sycophant have the same stats as the active skill (20% weapon damage)? Also, do they take damage? The don't have health bar like other pets.

Since I've moved onto a more poison darts focused build, it's fairly easy to get a few summoned even with a 3% activation rate. I'm just not sure if it's worth giving up Spiritual Attunement or Jungle Fortitude. Mana isn't really an issue with my build at the moment but my armour sucks so -20% damage taken would be helpful.

Yoshichan

Riggs, slow day at work XD?

Damn, Im in Act 3 Nightmare and Im starting to find some hard champions.

I died twice now. They are not so tough alone, but there is alwys 3 of them and they always surround me, making it difficult to run.

Gott be very careful now. Very near the end of this Act.

DSmalls84

So is there gear that can only be found in Inferno, or is there just a higher chance than finding it in hell? Can anyone recommend some good farming runs for Hell? Want to try to make some cash and upgrade my gear.

Ultrabum

So is there gear that can only be found in Inferno, or is there just a higher chance than finding it in hell? Can anyone recommend some good farming runs for Hell? Want to try to make some cash and upgrade my gear.

The act / difficulty determines the numbers on the dice, so in hell act 4 the most Dex ever on boots is say 100, that's the perfect roll, in inferno act 4 the best roll for Dex boots would be say 200. I have no idea what the actual difference is.

But you always have a chance to get boots with 10 str, 13 vit and +5 exp, even on diablo act 4 inferno

Ultrabum

I hear they're working on addressing the complaints of weak legendaries

Yes, but the chances are it will be for lvl 37 or some bs, I've gotten many ledgendaries all of their value combined is worth less than my blue shield lol. I don't think they can really fix it, unless they completely rework the loot. Maybe in the expansion or something.

I really cant stand the way enemies are highlighted when you point the cursor over them, is there anyway to make it like in Diablo II or at least disable it altogether?

Won

Looks like with a bit of luck I can actually do Belial, but I don't think I have the patience for that today.

Back to Act 1 to farm. Haven't found anything in Act II I can farm in a reasonable way yet.

Some guy I know said he had finished Normal mode and he wouldn't bother playing Nightmare mode so he asked Blizzard for a refund. Is it actually possible to get a refund?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Some guy I know said he had finished Normal mode and he wouldn't bother playing Nightmare mode so he asked Blizzard for a refund. Is it actually possible to get a refund?
1. Beat game.
2. Don't play new game+.
3. Get 60$ back.

It's the new rental service, works every time.

No.

Number45

I'm sure there are some circumstances where they would... but that's not one of them.

Ultrabum

No, frogs or other naturally fast mobs that run away with plague, molten, desecrator, arcane enchanted. As a monk I just walk away, currently leveling up a wizard to farm lol. Kite ftw!

Won

Had Invulnerable/Jailer/Mortar on some fast moving mobs earlier. Yeah. Not gonna happen.

I guess Blizzard just wants you to run away from some monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom