• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultrabum

El topo, there are certainly good ledgendary items, just look at string of ears. But the chance of any given legendary being good is about the same as any given blue being good, so if u find a legendary, chances are its trash, the good ones are reeaaaaaally good though.

IMO they should just add + 75 to the roll on the stat mods for all ledgendaries so the worst one is at least as good as an ok blue.

I know they won't though lol

Realyn

FUCK YEAH finally cleared that goddamn worm cave.

How are my stats for Belial Hell? It's HC, so a "try and find out" won't really help me. There is no, really none upgrade at all at the AH.

LhEbH.jpg

Do I surive 2 third phase hits ?

How do you equip templar companion ?

Is it worth investing for any decent weapon for him or will he always have pathetic damage ?

I loot a rare rune for the templar the other day. I loled. I never buy stuff from followers. Only equip them with whatever I find here and there

jns

I just beat down Belial in Hell single player. Seems zombie bears run a truck through him like they do pretty much everything else. I was level 36ish I think with a 400dps 2H weapon and he went down in under 90seconds easy (final form). i run into trouble every now and again with the stupid yellow/blue lol mixes, but the bears can pretty much smack most things down. I think this is about the 4th different WD build I've used and didn't start with it till after SK in hell mode so I don't feel too cheap.

If it wasn't for the AH I don't know what I'd do. I gave myself a 20k buy limit and the weapon I bought was over 200 DPS better than anything I have found. I'm now in act 4 in hell and still haven’t got a legendary :/ that’s with both multi and single player.

Ohh here is a pic of my DPS and stuffs.

diabloWD.png

Not sure how up to scratch it is, but I'm rolling along pretty well :)

I was also surprised how quickly you can make money just selling all the blues and yellows you pickup to venders. Even though they are all shit, I get lots of drops with 0% MF in hell mode.

greepoman

I need some help, guys. I'm still getting disconnected pretty frequently and even when I can play my ping is ridiculously high. I'm in the eastern US. Anyone think this problem's on my end? The game has been running fine for me over the past week and a half so I'm not sure what's up.

1972990903.png

I don't know if it's a coincidence but same thing happened to me this Thursday. Cable guy came out and looked at the signal strength of the modem (http://192.168.100.1/ for my modem - how did I not know you could do this?) and it was terrible. He switched out the modem to newer one saying that the old ones had trouble dealing with low snr and also changed to a diff line without as many splitters. Now my signal strength is good and the connection works well. No clue why this is only recently a problem though.

Also testing the closest server to you through speedtest is not the greatest test. Try multiple servers further away from you might give you a better overall picture. Also try http://pingtest.net/ as well, it'll test for packet loss.

derwalde

so im hittin a wall with my wizard inferno act2. what are viable builds? my gear should be okay. till now i was spamming orbs and energy armor+ DS for def.

i dont think my gear is that bad...

36k HP ~32k DPS (buffed)

I don't know if it's a coincidence but same thing happened to me this Thursday. Cable guy came out and looked at the signal strength of the modem (http://192.168.100.1/ for my modem - how did I not know you could do this?) and it was terrible. He switched out the modem to newer one saying that the old ones had trouble dealing with low snr and also changed to a diff line without as many splitters. Now my signal strength is good and the connection works well. No clue why this is only recently a problem though.

Also testing the closest server to you through speedtest is not the greatest test. Try multiple servers further away from you might give you a better overall picture. Also try http://pingtest.net/ as well, it'll test for packet loss.
Thanks for the tips. I talked to a Charter rep and they did something remotely that seems to have fixed my problems for now, luckily.

AH must be getting slammed today because it is pretty unresponsive. Sniff :(

Boooooo!
Yep, I can't buy anything at the moment, it keeps timing out.

Tacitus_

FUCK YEAH finally cleared that goddamn worm cave.

How are my stats for Belial Hell? It's HC, so a "try and find out" won't really help me. There is no, really none upgrade at all at the AH.

Do I surive 2 third phase hits ?

Well you have more life than I did on my barb when I beat it, but I'm not sure what kind of hits he will be doing against a DH.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

On Hell, that size pack was a god send. Explosive palm with essence burn would destroy that whole pack in seconds.

I really wish I had recorded my run last night with my roommate. I used explosive palm on a single scorpion in a dungeon, and ended up killing around 70 monsters in 4 consecutive rooms by stringing the explosion all the way to the end of the hallway.

It was a god damn massacre. I really regret not having recording equipment going on my PC.

If I see a teleporting/fast moving invulnerable minion mob in inferno I seriously don't even think twice and just exit the game. Stupid bullshit not even worth wasting time on.

Unicorn

So, I was just wasting time while the AH was down by going through ACT III in Nightmare. This dropped from the equivalent of a barrel:

hammerjammers.png

Think I could get a million for them?

Well, I think I've already lost a lot of interest in this game. It's really solid, the gameplay is fun, I like the graphics, unlike some I enjoyed the story and characters. But for some reason I don't care about doing Hell or Inferno at the moment. I want to say I'm just sick of repetition in games/loot treadmill but I feel like I could bust out Diablo 2 right now and have a blast.

There are some design decisions that I think are dumb; eliminating boss runs means you pretty much have to visit the AH to get cool junk. There's no reason to go back to previous acts and you can't switch acts from the Waypoint screen. The stats on items are too huge for no good reason. No runes/runewords. Can't manually socket items. No cube for combining shit. Set and legendary items suck and all of them have boring ass mods. 4 player parties instead of 8(and most of the time it's only a 2 person party). You can't join player made/named games with specific goals. There's no reason to make more than 1 of each class/level from scratch for specific builds. I'm sure all of this will come in the expansion but frankly I think I'd rather play D2 until that point.

I dunno. I might just stop playing for a few weeks and come back to do hell and inferno.

Kyoufu

I just tried putting an item on the AH... It said it failed, so then I look in my inventory and the item is gone.

Am I fucked?

epmode

I have 0 packet loss, 0 jitter and 80ms ping from the east coast to Los Angeles yet Diablo 3 still gives me a ping of 250-400ms with routine desynchronizations. And I'd be amazed if they didn't have server farms on the east coast so the ping should be even better. Blizzard needs to get its shit together.

cackhyena

I don't know how someone could go back to Diablo 2. It's been over a decade. What the fuck have you not seen already? Combat is more in this one to me as well.

Unicorn

I don't know how someone could go back to Diablo 2. It's been over a decade. What the fuck have you not seen already? Combat is more in this one to me as well.

The only thing that prevented me from playing D2 religiously was it felt clunky moving around, plus the isometric view seemed too extreme of an angle. I'm sure more than 5 hours with the game could have changed that though. Still, I would watch my friend do boss runs at lvl 90's.

Weapons contribute directly to your spell damage, so a better weapon means better spiders. It's an odd system until you get used to the idea.

Cool, thanks. Seems weird, but all good. I'm starting to get some sweet power now.

It's weird, I really enjoy the game, but I don't know why as it's kind of just repeating semi mindless acts and as you get more powerful, everything else scales, so it's not like you get much more powerful at all.

But yeah, in the face of that i'm having fun. Pure witchcraft.

Torraz

Bug or feature? Tooltip doesnt say anything regarding this feature of blind (monk).

I can stop stuff like fire chains or the lightning circle that the mages before act 2 final boss do by blinding them.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Bug or feature? Tooltip doesnt say anything regarding this feature of blind (monk).

I can stop stuff like fire chains or the lightning circle that the mages before act 2 final boss do by blinding them.

Not a bug. Fire chains, shielding etc. require channeling on the part of the monster. CC like blinding flash interrupts channeling.

Dashing Strike also gets you out of Jail, which is never said in the tooltip.

You'll find there are lots of little things the game doesn't tell you that are mad useful to your Monk.

Zampano

Is anyone else having trouble logging in? It keeps getting stuck at "Retrieving hero list" then disconnecting me. So annoying.

thetrin

Anyone want to help me with my monk build?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UZgeQY!cYX!YYaZZb

That's what I am using as of Act 1 Hell. So far, so good, but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions or if I'm doing anything blatantly inefficiently/missing an awesome skill/rune combo, etc.

Replace Mantra of healing with Evasion with Hard Target. That way, every time you heal, you get the transcendence bonus, you get higher evasion, and you get 20% extra armor for the duration of the mantra.

Also, I would take off Lashing Tail Kick and put on Explosive Palm with Essence Burn if you have that. Explosive Palm with Essence Burn is the most useful ability you can have in Hell.

I would also switch your generator for Crippling wave with Concussion, or with Breaking Wave. Breaking wave is especially useful because you can set off explosive palm chain reactions faster with the extra damage.

I personally would use Dashing Strike with Quicksilver over Wave of Light, mostly because you get better agility in a fight, especially with molten/plagued/desecrator mobs. Also, dashing strike is the only defense against jailers for Monks.

Replace Mantra of healing with Evasion with Hard Target. That way, every time you heal, you get the transcendence bonus, you get higher evasion, and you get 20% extra armor for the duration of the mantra.

Also, I would take off Lashing Tail Kick and put on Explosive Palm with Essence Burn if you have that. Explosive Palm with Essence Burn is the most useful ability you can have in Hell.

I would also switch your generator for Crippling wave with Concussion, or with Breaking Wave. Breaking wave is especially useful because you can set off explosive palm chain reactions faster with the extra damage.

I personally would use Dashing Strike with Quicksilver over Wave of Light, mostly because you get better agility in a fight, especially with molten/plagued/desecrator mobs. Also, dashing strike is the only defense against jailers for Monks.

This was awesome, thanks! I'll try this stuff out. I was using Dashing Strike from the start and it really is useful, don't know why I decided to switch it...

Which part?
I don't know. He just said "They've just sent me an e-mail telling me I'd get a refund. And I'm sure I've read something about refund policy in the EULA. Also, they can write whatever they want in the EULA, French law gives you a time frame to get a refund for most of your purchases anyway. "

Bonjour,

Merci de nous avoir contactés.

Vous nous avez contacté sous les 72 Heures, nous pouvons donc procéder a un remboursement de votre version Digital de Diablo III.

ATTENTION: Si nous procédons à ce remboursement, cela retirera la licence de votre compte et vous perdrez vos personnages et vos objets.

Merci de nous confirmer que vous désirez toujours ce remboursement.

Nous restons à votre disposition si vous avez d'autres questions.
Cordialement.

Timur K.

Google-translated version:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

You contacted us within 72 hours, so we can now proceed to a refund of your Digital Version of Diablo III.

CAUTION: If we make the repayment, it shall withdraw the license of your account and you will lose your characters and your belongings.

Thank you for confirming you still wish this reimbursement.

We remain at your disposal if you have further questions.
Cordially.

Timur K.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah nothing plus no hot girls walking about. What a total bust! D3 soon, I will have my vengeance. In this life or the next.
Psst... you can always search for hot chicks on your phone, right :3?

thetrin

This was awesome, thanks! I'll try this stuff out. I was using Dashing Strike from the start and it really is useful, don't know why I decided to switch it...

Not a problem!

Also remember, that if you use dashing strike WHILE a frozen orb explodes, you'll escape its effects. This is why I use quicksilver. You bring down the cost of dashing strike so it's not dominating your mana pool, and you don't have to pop serenity every time you get frozen.

When using explosive palm with essence burn, always make sure you use it on the weakest mob in a group. Their explosion will be quicker, and you're more likely to cause a chain reaction that whittles health down on stronger mobs caught in successive blasts.

Zzoram

Act 2 Belial is ridiculous on Nightmare.

I can't beat him. I'm going to just ask a higher level friend to do it for me.

So the auction house kept timing out earlier on me when I was trying to buy items... I signed in just now and all six if the items I had tried to purchase were in my stash along with the appropriate decrease in my gold. Looks like I've got some selling to do!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Are you having trouble with the first, second or third phase?

thetrin

Add me: thetrin#1629

I'm happy to help. I'll be on in a few minutes if you wanna try now. (provided you're on the US server. I don't have an EU character. :\)

I had a hell of a time as a barbarian in normal.

Monk nightmare was super easy though. think survive before dps. If he can't touch you, you wont die. He wont go away, take your time

Vodh

WizardGAF, is Desintegrate a viable skill for Inferno at all? Trying to figure out whether or not it's a good idea for me to push my wiz to 60 before the DH and i'm sitting on the fence...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom