• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandiller

Is there anyone who just got to inferno? Looking for someone just starting out in inferno and could use some help. First poor soul to post a pic of their sad stats gets a mystery prize.

This is taking longer than I thought it would! I will open this to anyone, you don't have to be in Inferno, but you must be poor!

yAOmU.png

I literally just started inferno:

tMWIN.jpg

*edit* WAY too late to post on this one, hah.

Rufus

I find it amusing that so many people feel this way even though the game was in development for 11 years. I really does seem like half an act, I wonder what they were doing with their time.
It is half and act. It's the last push on any difficulty but Inferno. Basically, if you just beat Azmodan, you may as well go through Act 4 immediately after.

Neki

Let's say I'm financially fine IRL and that I just want to sell it on the AH, how much would it worth?

Nice to hear it's a really good item though :D

At least 20 mil I'm pretty sure. Top end would probably be 25-30 mil though, I think 20 mil is an instant sell.

Neki

Are you fucking kidding??? Oh my god that's so awesome

It's a rough approximation. If milkman checks the thread again, I'm sure he could give you a more accurate range, but I think without the hit on life/socket, the thing would be worth 5 mil, but since the LOH is so big, it's super valuable.

BigDug13

I don't use blow darts in inferno. I use spirit barrage and dots.

It's still a playstyle I didn't enjoy. Now instead of stopping to pew, pew, pew, you're stopping to apply DoTs and then keep running.

The pets are still garbage when a monk can infinitely recast his as long as he has 25 spirit.

I got one to 60 but I don't really enjoy the required gameplay of Inferno. It's not just WD's either. The constant kiting from every class worried about getting 2 shot by any mob in the game is stupid. But I'm not that hardcore of a gamer anymore I guess. Getting through Hell with all 5 classes is enough Diablo gameplay for me.

rCIZZLE

Starting to realize how much better A2 goblin farming is than Warden/Butcher. So much quicker too.

Starting to think about A3, A4, or Ponies farming... how would you guys compare it to goblins when it comes to quality of drops and speed of runs?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Check this thing out:

bU6kZ.jpg

Got it today. Probably some of the highest DPS you'll see on a sub-60 weapon. Funnily enough the stats aren't that great, even though the DPS is through the roof. Using it now as it was better than what I had, which was still pretty damn good.

You're missing out on reduced level requirements weapons man. You can get twice that dps easily.

Yep.

I was using this at level 48:

v6GQY.jpg

Neki

There's only one other amulet on the AH with comparable stats, it only has 300 LOH. I think it's worth 30-40 mil now, at least. It'd probably sell for a lot more on the RMAH though.

isny

napkin dispenser
So gem prices should go UP tomorrow right? Should I therefore buy em now while they're relatively cheap and then I'll be prepared for 1.3?

isny

napkin dispenser
Starting to realize how much better A2 goblin farming is than Warden/Butcher. So much quicker too.

Starting to think about A3, A4, or Ponies farming... how would you guys compare it to goblins when it comes to quality of drops and speed of runs?

Where in A2? Do tell!

LukeSmith

Just hit a brick wall out of nowhere in Act 2 with my DH, might have to hold off until the patch. Since it's my only character, probably good as time as any to start up a different class until then. Thinking of going with a WD, how are they in terms of Inferno viability and gear cost?

It really doesn't get any easier than the DH, so if you're putting that class down, I don't know what to tell you

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
The mojo is at the very low end of the +damage spectrum unfortunately. It's not gonna make you a fortune, but the other good stats and the fact it's a set item that actually has good bonuses (I'm looking at you Tal Rasha!) will bring it up to a decent price.

rCIZZLE

Where in A2? Do tell!

A goblin spawns pretty often at the Ancient Path waypoint. I'm in full mf gear doing pretty mediocre damage so I can't kill any champs that spawn but I can usually take down the goblin quick.

Anybody know a better place for a DH with ~3mil to spend?

xelios

You know what, that 4 set bonus is better than what most people thought, but that's only if you're not sacrificing stats for the set items though.

Set bonus for Tal sucks ass. Especially considering you'd have to equip multiple set pieces for it.

xelios

Cold damage is the shiz man.

Who uses cold for damage in inferno? I mean, you can't channel shit because you can't stand still, and if you could you'd be using disintegrate with snare passive instead, sans boss fights. Or Archon to kill Iskatu in 20 seconds in the corner but let's face it standing still is limited. Blizzard is (hopefully) not anyone sane's primary source of damage and more utility. Maybe you're being facetious.

LordCanti

Anyone else forget what items they've sold on the AH? One of my items just sold, and I have no idea what it was. I'm not sure if I should be happy with the gold I received, or angry.

Totakeke

Who uses cold for damage in inferno? I mean, you can't channel shit because you can't stand still, and if you could you'd be using disintegrate with snare passive instead. Blizzard is (hopefully) not anyone sane's source of damage and more utility. Maybe you're being facetious.

Just go buy a cold damage weapon and come back. Not being facetious. It's a whole new world.

Anyone else forget what items they've sold on the AH? One of my items just sold, and I have no idea what it was. I'm not sure if I should be happy with the gold I received, or angry.

All the time. Who bothers to remember? Like I'm supposed to screenshot all the items I'm trying to sell or something?

Just look at the completed tab and see what sold last and how much it sold for?

Edit: Oh, nevermind. I see what you are getting at. Got to memorize them names!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do what I've done: Print screen every item you've put up.

purg3

slept with Malkin
It really doesn't get any easier than the DH, so if you're putting that class down, I don't know what to tell you

The only time I run into any issues is areas with tight hallways/corridors since it makes it tough to kite, especially champion/elite packs that can teleport or have fast affixes. Other than that I've been doing fine. Might just have to party up to get past the part I'm stuck on since soloing those mobs are leading to nothing but frustration.

Kyoufu

pro tip if you forgot what the item was that sold:

Shift click the gold icon on the left into chat before sending the gold to your stash.

deadnoob

Do the little item link trick. BEFORE you collect the gold and send it to your stash, open a chat window and shift click the gold icon for the amount you sold. It will link to the item you sold and you can look over the stats.

Zuly

What would you think are the recommended stats for A2 Inferno for a Wizard. I've been farming Act 1 while I get some RES gear and whatnot.

tIeCL.jpg

xelios

Just go buy a cold damage weapon and come back. Not being facetious. It's a whole new world.

Wizard? +Cold damage weps are given less dps because of the snare. +% cold damage will still only apply to your cold damage spells, because all weapon damage is converted into whatever spell you're using (arcane/lightning etc) regardless of its element type. If you're talking about the snare yeah it's fun to give to your templar but we have our own passive.

? lol

Totakeke

Wizard? +Cold damage weps are given less dps because of the snare. +% cold damage will still only apply to your cold damage spells, because all weapon damage is converted into whatever spell you're using (arcane/lightning etc) regardless of its element type. If you're talking about the snare yeah it's fun to give to your templar but we have our own passive.

? lol

Nope, you get cold damage regardless of whatever ability or spell you're using if your weapon has cold damage.

At least that's how it works for DH.

deadnoob

What would you think are the recommended stats for A2 Inferno for a Wizard. I've been farming Act 1 while I get some RES gear and whatnot.

tIeCL.jpg

Are you using any buffs for damage? I am at about 33k buffed damage and I'm doing alright act 2 (just started tonight). I think the health and res is ok but the damage seems really low. Maybe a new weapon and off hand.

xelios

Nope, you get cold damage regardless of whatever ability or spell you're using if your weapon has cold damage.

At least that's how it works for DH.

No, you'll see a lot of your skills saying "weapon damage as physical", "as fire" -- whatever. You're getting the chill effect, but you're not doing cold damage. It's possible those that just say "weapon damage" will do whatever element type your weapon is, but that'd be the exception.

Totakeke

No, you'll see a lot of your skills saying "weapon damage as physical", "as fire" -- whatever. You're getting the chill effect, but you're not doing cold damage.

Well, considering all types of damage are purely aesthetic, how do you know it's not cold damage? ;P Not like it matters anyway, the chill effect is the thing that matters, and that thing is like 100% if not that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom