• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Just dont bid on anything, I wouldnt risk buying anything either and losing it in the rollback. The clock bug has opened a way to steal folks gold.

Im guessing this leaked out now because the people who discovered it was waiting on the night before the RMAH to exploit it to shit before it goes live tomorrow.

I'm reading it actually results in duping gold as the gold is returned and the person who cancelled gets payment as well.

You mean this?

cL88K.png

Yea, this would've gone for millions

What? Why? I was actually looking for some amulets and just bid on some just now. I mean, I only have a couple million but ppl can steal your money? Shit. =S

So much for always fucking online.

YES HE POSTED IT. I am the winner.

Edit: My lag is through the roof. Something is happening. Wasn't it the same time last night?

LordCanti

Just dont bid on anything, I wouldnt risk buying anything either and losing it in the rollback. The clock bug has opened a way to steal folks gold.

Im guessing this leaked out now because the people who discovered it was waiting on the night before the RMAH to exploit it to shit before it goes live tomorrow.

If people can steal others gold, yeah, I could see a rollback happening.

Sorry, anyone that got a nice drop tonight.

What? They're really going to just rollback things? That seems like it would piss off quite a few people, especially casuals.

I would hope they can just rollback people that used the AH tonight. As opposed to rolling back progression/personal drops.

But that is being EXTREMELY optimistic.

Now I feel like I'm getting played :p At least let me in the joke. Is it because I always post my shitty legendaries?

Lol, no. No conspiracies. I just saw you posted the disenchant mats after you found out. I never saw you post the actual item. Just let me have my moment of glory :p.

Vostro

OMG Fucking Butcher Inferno. I keep getting one shotted from those chains and my reaction time is not fast enough to trigger smokescreen. I've probably tried like 50 times but always failed :( Anyone wanna help? battletag OpuLance#1940

And the lag tonight is killing me right now. ffs Blizzard.

Yeah the lag is incredibly for the second night in a row. Lag spiking...at off peak times. Why? Who knows.

Computer networks is my profession. I promise you GAF when I get out of the military I will do my best to get a job at Blizz so I can figure out what the fuck is going on there.

Cipherr

Yeah the lag is incredible for the second night in a row. Lag spiking...at off peak times. Why? Who knows.

Apparrently its emergency patch deployment. They have patched one of the exploits already. Thats what streamers are reporting. Itll be lovely if theres no rollback so the inflation from the folks who got to keep their cheated 500m gold push prices of regular shit way out of my range again.

Fantastic.

I would just stop playing right now if you are. It's late anyway (in North America) and they're probably going to reset/take down the servers ahead of the planned maintenance tomorrow/today with this new exploit shit going on.

Coincidentally, ban waves on botters also appear to have just gone out/going out.

Aside from this new mess stuff, here's the unformatted planned updates/news to be added to the OP tomorrow. It's late for me, and inconvenient to do just being on my laptop in my bed vs. sitting at my desk.

RDreamer

Bah, seriously, they're taking it down almost all morning tomorrow? I just bought a new macbook and I wanted to finally play this game on my own computer.

spootime

You guys know that trick for cancelling auctions? It also allows you to dupe gold. A fucking ton of gold. I wouldn't bid on ANYTHING right now OR sell auctions because I think they're going to have to roll this shit back. I've heard of people making hundreds and hundreds of millions on this duping thing which would destroy the economy.

Cipherr

Bah, seriously, they're taking it down almost all morning tomorrow? I just bought a new macbook and I wanted to finally play this game on my own computer.

Its every Tuesday morning like this. :( sorry, but dont plan on great playtime anytime before 2 or 3pm on Tuesdays just to be safe from most extended maintenance.

You guys know that trick for cancelling auctions? It also allows you to dupe gold. A fucking ton of gold. I wouldn't bid on ANYTHING right now OR sell auctions because I think they're going to have to roll this shit back. I've heard of people making hundreds and hundreds of millions on this duping thing which would destroy the economy.

Tardy!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
To roll back the game, they are going to have to roll back hours of gameplay, that's fucking ridiculous. But either that or the economy is completely fucked.

LordCanti

Just think of the billions that are now in the economy. Gold duped then sold to others, items bought with the gold (now legitimately in the hands of people that are none the wiser), etc.

How do you figure out (on an individual basis) who to rollback?

TommyT

Just think of the billions that are now in the economy. Gold duped then sold to others, items bought with the gold (now legitimately in the hands of people that are none the wiser), etc.

How do you figure out (on an individual basis) who to rollback?

Simple - everyone.

Nert

There have been some atrocious lag spikes tonight. Since I'm playing on Hardcore mode, I should probably just be safe and give up for the night. I'd be more annoyed by this if I didn't realize that I could use the extra sleep, I guess.

Alex

But if they roll back I'll lose my 151 DPS dagger and demon hunter STR cloak I just got from Act III Inferno.

HenryHSH

Rollback is unrealistic, given that they plan to release RMAH tomorrow. It's now or never and I think it's never. They're losing thousands every day delaying the RMAH.

Cipherr

Maybe they can run a filter and see who gained more than 100 million gold in the past 24 hours

They probably could. But I dunno, most games like this, they take the easy road out every now and then. To go through and filter the people and individually ban would take time and energy, and some of that money will still find its way out before they found them.

A rollback on the other hand solves the issued nearly immediately, then they can take their sweet ass time filtering and banning the people who abused it.

spootime

Does anyone know if the Asian servers got rolled back? There's a lot of people talking about it but I havent seen anything concrete

MrDaravon

If they wind up having to do a 12+ hour rollback and I lose my 20+ million value Andariel's Visage that I found I will seriously choke a bitch.

And yeah this has been around since week one. If anything my guess is assuming that they can't run a filter on it and pull/ban those people, they'll do a gold rollback of some kind.

TheYanger

So, Barbs... Has anyone tried using Overpower / Revel in place of Furious Charge / Dreadnought? Just wondering what your experience was like

I did early on, before I had dreadnought. It works fine as far as healing, but furious charge has utility beyond overpower, making overpower a loser.

UberTag

They can't really let millions and millions of duped gold exist though.
It's too late. Economy is dead and exploited all to hell. Blizzard royally dropped the ball here. Better to just ignore the Auction House outright (except for possibly Hardcore where it may not have been worked over to this degree).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom