• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

rCIZZLE

I think you're underestimating what kind of tools they have available to them to detect these kinds of things.

I said it's highly detectable. Here, let me tell you what a smart person would do:

Dupe gold. -> Sell cheaply and quickly to a gold selling site which turns around and sells it to thousands of players

There is a video linked on this page with some Korean guy with like a billion gold...

That guy is an idiot if he held onto it for longer than he took to make the video. You can get top 10 gear for less than half that. Why not sell the rest for real money?

LordCanti

So where are people getting the idea for a rollback? Is it just people saying that we need one since the gold and items have been duped or is there actually some sort of evidence that Blizz are thinking of doing this?

Blizzard hasn't commented. All talk of rollbacks is just forum speculation at this point.

MrDaravon

So where are people getting the idea for a rollback? Is it just people saying that we need one since the gold and items have been duped or is there actually some sort of evidence that Blizz are thinking of doing this?

Apparently the Asia servers had or are getting a 24-hour rollback, so people are extrapolating from that.

Voidguts

good god. what a total mess this entire launch has been. duping, botting, horrible performance, can't even pause the game for 15 minutes in SINGLE PLAYER without getting disconnected and losing progress.. at this point I'd rather just play hardcore but the servers are too big of a joke to even do that.

3 months ago I was in "HURRR, D3 ON THE WAY, I'M GOOD ON GAMES FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS" mode, now I'm staring at the TL2 page on Steam with bedroom eyes.

super bummed out.

Not sure if they store a timestamp for each found item, but if they do, can't they just only allow items and gold found AFTER the launch of the RMAH to be sold there? That would fix any issues with dupes/hacks/bugs that were abused before the launch.

I said it's highly detectable. Here, let me tell you what a smart person would do:

Dupe gold. -> Sell cheaply and quickly to a gold selling site which turns around and sells it to thousands of players

That guy is an idiot if he held onto it for longer than he took to make the video. You can get top 10 gear for less than half that. Why not sell the rest for real money?

I don't think any gold selling sites are buying right now.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So when you pause the game, the game disconnects you after 15 minutes. Can hardcore players use this as a way of getting out of a sure death situation? Say they are about to die and they pause the game. When it disconnects them, would they be alive?

Yeah, Blizzard really fucked up the release of this game.... How could they screw up so bad? Damn, I don't even feel like playing for awhile. Maybe it's for the best though, I really need to focus on my classes.

Einbroch

Banned
On June 10, our development team has found some error on the stored items in the database, these errors represent a very small part of the items can not be normal trading or selling. This error caused all less than 0.01% of the items have been copied, the majority of players and is not affected by this problem, but the database before removing these duplicated items, is unable to maintain stable. Therefore, we carried out the maintenance of the server, and perform the necessary operations to fix this problem. The development team is currently working to make the server able to resume service as soon as possible.

All original items and their reproductions will be removed from the database, follow-up, we will tell the exact time of maintenance completed, but the current estimate server recovery services time around June 11

We have also noted that part of the players during a short period of the game after the break and suffered back problems. This issue follow-up will be further instructions.

Google translation of the TW forums.

Yup gold duping is going crazy right now, my friend has 9 billion gold. (He is an idiot, and will be banned like he deserves to be) So I guarntee it's 100% legit, craziness.
That is just stupid... rollback is imminent. God, I've just made some money selling stuff too...
Yeah, Blizzard really fucked up the release of this game.... How could they screw up so bad? Damn, I don't even feel like playing for awhile. Maybe it's for the best though, I really need to focus on my classes.
This^

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
The last rollback I remember was uhh....Everquest? It was a pretty serious rollback too.

I can't see Blizz pulling it here since the dupe's been around so long (rolling back x hours for instance would do no good) but I can't say I'd care either. These are things that should have never made it to release, and now the player base is stuck with the effects of it. Fix it then start a ladder at the very least.

We have also noted that part of the players during a short period of the game after the break and suffered back problems.

The players suffered back problems or the author(s)? Engrish ftw.

LordCanti

Yup gold duping is going crazy right now, my friend has 9 billion gold. (He is an idiot, and will be banned like he deserves to be) So I guarntee it's 100% legit, craziness.

If he uhh...if he wants to buy me a socketed dex Andariel's Visage and a 1500DPS Bow with a Socket and natural Crit, I wouldn't say no.

Just don't tell me it's him so I have plausible deniability. Strangers drop 100mil worth of kit in my lap all the time.

I can't see them not doing a massive rollback. We are talking making gold useless in the current economy, that's months of speedup in about 12 hours.

You don't think they'll just open the RMAH, stick their fingers in their ears, and go "LALALALALALALA!!!! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"?

If he uhh...if he wants to buy me a socketed dex Andariel's Visage and a 1500DPS Bow with a Socket and natural Crit, I wouldn't say no.

Just don't tell me it's him so I have plausible deniability. Strangers drop 100mil worth of kit in my lap all the time.
Please let him know I can also use a 100mil...

MrDaravon

Are...are you serious?

All that gold I made selling my crap ;_;

Yeah I found this tonight which was my first good drop after ~130 hours, and quite frankly probably the best drop I've gotten in a game.

wWZnl.png

If I lose this on a rollback I'm done for a while, I have zero confidence that they can fix the the root problems and that this won't just happen again even if they do a rollback. Will probably fight to get a refund, online only was supposed to specifically prevent this kind of shit from happening, and Blizzard has completely botched this. As my first Blizzard game I have no idea why they're so highly regarded, this has been a total clusterfuck in one way or another since day one.

RDreamer

lol, a ladder reset would be crazy, too. Literally, would anyone pick Monk or Barbarian if there were a new ladder? With the way things are balanced now, fuck no. Everyone would be a Demon Hunter or Wizard and race through as quickly as possible to try and get the better endgame loot before anyone else.

eek5

I posted this a few days ago
I hate cheaters. I guess people have been doing this for a while though.

I'm sure some people were doing it even before we knew about canceling auctions with date/time too.

lol, a ladder reset would be crazy, too. Literally, would anyone pick Monk or Barbarian if there were a new ladder? With the way things are balanced now, fuck no. Everyone would be a Demon Hunter or Wizard and race through as quickly as possible to try and get the better endgame loot before anyone else.

I'd reroll barb. I like the class too much to play the girly classes.

I can't see them not doing a massive rollback. We are talking making gold useless in the current economy, that's months of speedup in about 12 hours.

That's not even close to what we're talking about. A few hundred people might have a few billion gold. That is a small, small fraction of the total amount of gold in circulation, and a lot of it will be banned anyway.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/asian-diablo-3-realm-massive-rollback-to-remove-dupes

According to a post on the Blizzard Asia forums, they simply deleted all duped items from the database. Presumably they also patched the bug.

balddemon

Banned

demon hunter sucks ass

i'd for sure make a barb again. maybe a monk. but for sure a barb.

MrDaravon

That's not even close to what we're talking about. A few hundred people might have a few billion gold. That is a small, small fraction of the total amount of gold in circulation, and a lot of it will be banned anyway.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/asian-diablo-3-realm-massive-rollback-to-remove-dupes

According to a post on the Blizzard Asia forums, they simply deleted all duped items from the database. Presumably they also patched the bug.

Agreed, but this is trickier because some portion of this duped gold has been spread out to non-duping players who then bought items with it. Ripple effect, etc. You can't just delete the duped gold like you can duped items. Well, I guess you can, but I that's a whole different problem :p

RDreamer

I'd reroll barb. I like the class too much to play the girly classes.

I love playing Monk, too, but in the case of a reset there's no fucking way in hell I'd ever pick one first again. I'd pick DH or Wizard and race through hoping I could get items to eventually play monk again.

I'm not sure a total roll back is needed. Anything iLvl 61 and lower is cheap, and most people are unaffected by this. Maybe a gold only rollback & bans? I think a total rollback would do more harm than good.

GJS

Different bug.

bonesquad

I don't expect the game to be bug free and when you consider the millions of people playing this for upwards of hundreds of hours, bugs/exploits will be found. The key in my mind is how they are dealt with. Up to now I really don't think it's been a crazy amount or felt like I was playing a beta. But this gold dup is a pretty big one to deal with... I could suddenly become a lot less patient with this game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Please someone defend always online now. Good thing they didn't give us the option for a offline play amirite?
The studio just needs to release a perfectly secure and bug free game!
Reset the ladder? What does that mean exactly?
Current shit goes to 'Non-ladder'. Characters, items, gold.

New 'Season' with no items, no levels, etc. It's a fresh start basically on a new D3 server for everyone.

I'm not sure a total roll back is needed. Anything iLvl 61 and lower is cheap, and most people are unaffected by this. Maybe a gold only rollback & bans? I think a total rollback would do more harm than good.

No such thing as a gold only rollback. People have used tons of gold to buy items. What if someone had 20m gold, bought a 20m gold item, and now has 0 gold. He gets rolled back to 20m gold and keeps the item? Do they send the item back to the original seller? What if it changed hands multiple times?

It doesn't matter how much gold is in the economy. Those people who don't use the AH anyway and only farm their own gear are unaffected. Those who do use the AH will make more money by selling items and inflated prices. It all balances out, there is only temporary gain for less than .5% of the people - the ones who know about the exploit before it's patched, and everyone else is not really going to be affected, even though everyone thinks they will.

LordCanti

I made bank in launch week.

Reset the ladder, do it so I can enjoy myself again.

I need the RMAH to launch before most people know this happened, so I can sell off my gold for the $1/m I'm likely to get.

I needs to buy a couple Mocha Chocolate Cookie Crumble Fraps, dammit.

Four, I think. At $5 a pop.

Dahbomb

I am actually going to roll a Monk. Might even go Hardcore mode. DH becomes pretty boring at Inferno level where there is like a couple of builds that are actually usable. It's a pretty cool class overall and I like a lot of the abilities/moves in it... but most of her options are nullified by Nether Tentacles/SS/Gloom/Preparation/Hungering Arrow builds. Also it pretty much sucks dieing in 1 or 2 hits, beefing up a DH is a big waste of money right now when that money is better spent on Dex/IAS/Crit items.

I also suspect that in a while melee class is going to end up being better than it is now so might as well jump that bandwagon early.

AAAaaannnd I just got 2 requests from some random D3 gold sites. Reported them as spam, didn't see anything else that matched the criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom