• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I've come to the realization there is no point for me to play inferno anymore. It is way more fun to play normal/NM/ and some of Hell on new characters. Inferno is way to tedious for very little reward as it stands now. Actually becoming disappointed with the game and if they don't change things soon...just don't know now.

Listening to Covetus Shen Dark Days conversation...

Pretty sure he says jeweled by the jewel I seek instead of killed by the jewel I seek.

Kind of funny.

Thats weird you can hear both depending on what you are looking for.

Vhalyar

How does the Witch Doctor fare in hell/inferno so far? I'm struggling to pick between my monk and WD, both at level 30 :<

Trying to level up two classes at the same time is too slow!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It took me a few deaths to beat that first boss of act 4 on NM. I'm never sure how to handle him. so many adds

Do you have any CC or spells that hit multiple targets? That fight is mad easy if you have something that is designed to attack multiple targets. They're also individually really weak.

Violet_0

Banned
How does the Witch Doctor fare in hell/inferno so far? I'm struggling to pick between my monk and WD, both at level 30 :<

monk is the most pointless class in inferno. WD is ... well, at least he has ranged attacks, so you can farm.

Deadly

Hacks claim the first of my friends. No authenticator either. He's not the type to get a virus though... really gotta wonder what's the cause behind this

thetrin, do you use Mystic Ally at all? I've noticed it does fine when I solo but during the last two acts of Hell, and in the first act of Inferno, it's useless in a team. I use it with Earth Ally since the extra health is nice.

Today I've come to the realization there is no point for me to play inferno anymore. It is way more fun to play normal/NM/ and some of Hell on new characters. Inferno is way to tedious for very little reward as it stands now. Actually becoming disappointed with the game and if they don't change things soon...just don't know now.

I am kind of feeling the same after putting 70hrs into a monk that can't do shit in Inferno and never gets meaningful drops (I don't really want to grind for cash and then purchase a win button from the AH). I am playing a wizard now and steamrolling through Nightmare without issue. My only problem is that you don't have everything unlocked until near the end of Hell and by that point Hell itself is fairly simple so Inferno is the only place to go. I suppose I can just occupy my time building each class up to lvl 60. Unfortunately I want to discover high end gear which requires Inferno game time. Maybe I will have more luck with the wizard by time it gets to inferno - such a shame though as I love the way the monk plays...

Unicorn

AH down again in US. It was down when I woke up, worked for an hour or two and is now back down.

I bought some legendary pants just like the ones i found for 48k. It had just hit the AH and the stats were just a tiny bit inferior. Can't wait to make mad profit with it... hopefully.

Well I'm on act 3 Hell and I kill things pretty easily with my WD, but I'm very squishy.

I just hit Act II on inferno with my barb and holy shit what a roadblock! Can't even get past
the first wasps in the canyon outside the city.

How are these stats compared to what I should need to make it?
PkHjC.jpg

^i don't play Barb, but a glance suggests you're not doing nearly enough damage. But idk. I just know that 40k damage is minimum for a reasonable Wizard run. Ymmv.

WizardGAF, is Desintegrate a viable skill for Inferno at all? Trying to figure out whether or not it's a good idea for me to push my wiz to 60 before the DH and i'm sitting on the fence...
Anything is viable if you have enough dps. On act 1, it's definitely viable if you're hitting around 18-24k damage. In act 2, you'll want to have something like 4050k damage in order for it to work.

Unicorn

Hacks claim the first of my friends. No authenticator either. He's not the type to get a virus though... really gotta wonder what's the cause behind this

Yeah, I've never heard of this amount of people getting hacked before in a game. It makes me really wonder if it is something only specific to the game or if they are getting compromised elsewhere, like from their bank account, facebook, etc. It seems so isolated to D3.

Sothpaw

Yeah, I've never heard of this amount of people getting hacked before in a game. It makes me really wonder if it is something only specific to the game or if they are getting compromised elsewhere, like from their bank account, facebook, etc. It seems so isolated to D3.

WOW players get hacked with equal frequency.

I feel like its something that is exposed when you join public games.

Skytylz

Banned
If you choose WD, prepare to die all the time.

I don't know, I just soloed act 1 inferno with my witch doctor very easily. I died a fair number of times, but that's no surprise on inferno and I wasn't being very cautious. I really feel like the witch doctor is well equipped to stay alive with spirit walk and that passive that auto revives you in spirit walk. I'm doing far better than my friend who is playing barbarian!

Act IV Hell. Mantra of Healing is more broken than you may think. The effect from the first 3 seconds is not working atm. You're not getting that extra regen.

I had no clue... I knew it was nerfed, but not broken.

How do you keep yourself healed then? You say you don't spend much spirit, so you wouldn't be getting healed much with transcendence.

Do you have a lot of resist all gear? My resistances would be too low without it to have that little healing
Edit: without One with Everything I mean.

Petrie

Banned
I don't know, I just soloed act 1 inferno with my witch doctor very easily. I died a fair number of times, but that's no surprise on inferno and I wasn't being very cautious. I really feel like the witch doctor is well equipped to stay alive with spirit walk and that passive that auto revives you in spirit walk. I'm doing far better than my friend who is playing barbarian!

May I ask for more info on your build? Having tons of trouble at lvl 52 hell ATM.

gate777

Sold my first 3 items in the auction house. Made 6500 gold after the 15% that blizzard deducted. All 3 items were sold within 10 minutes of being added.

Shouta

It's not super useful until essence burn. Once you get essence burn at 55, it's fucking AMAZING.

The Flesh is Weak is boss. Strong Spirit is pretty sweet too as well as Essence Burn. If I'm trying to burn a boss though, Flesh is Weak is the go to skill.

so, as a act 2 inferno monk, is it really true that you can't survive normal mobs without serenity spam and hit & run, no matter what gear your have? 320 res (a bit low still), 8000 armor, 38k health, 45% dodge and I still go down in seconds.

we don't even have a high cooldown/damage ability.

I can deal with regular mobs just fine in Act 2, aside from Wasps. You have to be on the ball with heals and your Serenity but it's certainly doable. Life per Spirit Spent is a very important stat to keep your healing up.

Woo-Fu

Banned
If you choose WD, prepare to die all the time.

What? As the Witch Doctor in most parties I'm noted for dying less than everybody else.

Oh, and as far as that WD stream goes the spiders are just icing. He has ~40k DPS from gear/passives, that is what you need to take away from that video. I've been farming act 1 of inferno for a week now and am still ~1000 Int behind his gear and am using a weapon with about 400 less base damage. :p

Another thing to notice is his attack speed. Poison Darts with splinter and stacked IAS is the way to go in most of Inferno. Allows the max range kiting you need to survive. While the barbarians and monks are standing up front getting destroyed by molten and fire chains I'm just beyond mortar range focusing whichever elite is at lowest HP.

Mobs in inferno hit ridiculously hard and the gear you need to stand toe to toe with them doesn't really drop in Act 1. Classes that can do their damage from range are naturally going to have it easier than those who can't.

No class has an easy time.

Any class with good weapons will do fine. Pick the class you want and expect to need to buy good weapons to do well in Inferno. Unless you get really good drops, of course.

Based on discussions of monk and witch doctor on this page (i'm a 53 monk and in hell), that's not true.

I plan to do a second class, and I want it to farm inferno a lot easier for both. I'm assuming it's between Demon Hunter and Wizard?

SyNapSe

Do you have any CC or spells that hit multiple targets? That fight is mad easy if you have something that is designed to attack multiple targets. They're also individually really weak.

I do but within seconds of me aoe'ing them they are right back. I run out of mana. I have to run circles to let it refill. then nuke them/grasp of the dead then get a couple shots on the boss then start running again to refill

Based on discussions of monk and witch doctor on this page (i'm a 53 monk and in hell), that's not true.
I think you're reading too much into discussions.

the bottom line in Diablo 3 is you're either doing enough DPS or you aren't. pick the character you want based on the play style you want to pour the next 100 hours into, then buy, trade or pray to farm the items needed to do the kind of damage (while having adequate health and armor) you'll need to do to survive in Inferno.

it's that simple. too little damage and you'll struggle with any class. have plenty and you'll walk through most challenges with ease (relatively speaking).

eek5

What? As the Witch Doctor in most parties I'm noted for dying less than everybody else.

Oh, and as far as that WD stream goes the spiders are just icing. He has ~40k DPS from gear/passives, that is what you need to take away from that video. I've been farming act 1 of inferno for a week now and am still ~1000 Int behind his gear and am using a weapon with about 400 less base damage. :p

Another thing to notice is his attack speed. Poison Darts with splinter and stacked IAS is the way to go in most of Inferno. Allows the max range kiting you need to survive.

His gear doesn't seem to be that expensive because it isn't resis/vita/int gear. It's mainly just INT/IAS. The amulet and weapon were probably expensive as hell but his rings are basically from vendors. I've seen a lot of blue drops with 190+ INT sell for relatively cheap in AH too.

Then again I might be a bit jaded since every late game barb piece sells for 1-10 million gold :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just tried Diablo on hell, for fun (and to see how much I've "improved" gear-wise)...

:lol

I think you're reading too much into discussions.

the bottom line in Diablo 3 is you're either doing enough DPS or you aren't. pick the character you want based on the play style you want to pour the next 100 hours into, then buy, trade or pray to farm the items needed to do the kind of damage (while having adequate health and armor) you'll need to do to survive in Inferno.

it's that simple. too little damage and you'll struggle with any class. have plenty and you'll walk through most challenges with ease (relatively speaking).
Melee naturally have more disadvantages. I can't stack 100+ magic find or kite as well. I can put 200 hours into two characters over the next year or so. I played wow for 7 years.

I pretty much like all three range classes, but I don't want to hit a brick wall like with my monk and it seems like people are hitting it with WD and not DH.

LogicStep

Quick question, can I take my installation disc to a friends house and install it on his computer and then give him a guest pass to play? The point is so he doesn't have to download the game.

so basically,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37pkluIz7AY

?

Melee naturally have more disadvantages. I can't stack 100+ magic find or kite as well. I can put 200 hours into two characters over the next year or so. I played wow for 7 years.

I pretty much like all three range classes, but I don't want to hit a brick wall like with my monk and it seems like people are hitting it with WD and not DH.
I'm level 60 inferno with Wiz at the moment. people that are hitting walls are hitting them because they're not doing enough damage/dps. watch some of these people playing various classes on Twitch.tv. they're not doing anything special; they just have good shit that they bought on the Auction House. there's no special magic to the formula; do enough damage and enemies fall before they can harm you.

there is nothing special to this as far as I have seen. either you have the good items for your hero or you don't. I have all the good items I need. I just need to farm about 500k more for a spectacular weapon and it's gg.

Violet_0

Banned
going back to level up my lvl 53 wizard, is there any point in building up your vitality or should I just go for max damage (got almost 3 mil gold now, that should help me get some good equipment)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom