• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

Speaking of ilvl, are the lvl 60 blacksmith weapons the best in the game you can roll as compared to random drops? I noticed that some of them have different weapon icons but all the lvl 60 blacksmith ones are the same icon. I made 10 of +6 properties for a 1h weapon and none of them were more than 650dps. :(

eek5

Speaking of ilvl, are the lvl 60 blacksmith weapons the best in the game you can roll as compared to random drops? I noticed that some of them have different weapon icons but all the lvl 60 blacksmith ones are the same icon. I made 10 of +6 properties for a 1h weapon and none of them were more than 650dps. :(

All BS stuff is iL62 so I wouldn't craft weapons. I've seen some high roll iL62 1H axes but the majority will be mediocre dps rolls for the most part

Mitama

Nah, don't craft weapons. Craft 6 prop gloves and helms, those are nice! :)

scy

Nah, don't craft weapons. Craft 6 prop gloves and helms, those are nice! :)

I'm still waiting for that sweet, sweet INT/VIT/All Resist/Attack Speed/Crit Chance/Crit Damage roll.

On that note, why are Gloves so stacked affix wise? IAS, Crit Chance and Crit Damage? C'mon :(

DSmalls84

Spent the rest of my gold yesterday and picked up some items I needed for my Barb. It's gonna be interesting to see what happens with the economy over the next few days. Anyone else expecting the value of gold to tank in the short term?

Petrie

Banned
Spent the rest of my gold yesterday and picked up some items I needed for my Barb. It's gonna be interesting to see what happens with the economy over the next few days. Anyone else expecting the value of gold to tanmk in the short term?

Definitely. Pissed I had been holding onto some, but what can you do?

Do you guys expect a rollback? Has Blizz said anything?

hobart

I ran it in regular full screen mode for a bit and it was just fine. If anything flipping back and forth between other things and the game should be more resource intensive I would think.

We have different vid cards. I'm running the last Radeon and you the new NVidia. Normally I'd say it's a memory issue... but yer running less (500) than me (1GB).

They are having a lot of card compatibility issues. Very strange. At least I think it's pretty clear now what the issue is.

Enjoy the game and your new toy. MBPs are beasts and they last a very long time.

DSmalls84

I'm really enjoying my Barb so far after playing WD for a while.

With:
44k hp
16k damage
200-300 resist all (unbuffed)

I can totally steamroll Act 1 Inferno and don't usually die unless I hit a really nasty champion pack. I did notice that the Barb i much tougher to play in Act II and I'm getting crushed. Looks like I'll be farming Butcher for a while still.

eek5

I don't see anything

yeah cliffs for people that don't want to scrub for the part

they're talking bout duping and gold stealing
krippi goes to softcore and clicks on AH tabs but nothing is there
then he says the 4m bid he put in the morning is gone and so is his money
you never see him place the bid

RDreamer

Enjoy the game and your new toy. MBPs are beasts and they last a very long time.

I know that. My old MBP was 5 years old, and still going. I had to open it up to lube the fans a few times, and I put in a new HDD and more ram over that time period, but it still works pretty well with the exception of a few hangups on startup and overall being a bit slow on my intensive design work.

Mitama

I'm still waiting for that sweet, sweet INT/VIT/All Resist/Attack Speed/Crit Chance/Crit Damage roll.

On that note, why are Gloves so stacked affix wise? IAS, Crit Chance and Crit Damage? C'mon :(

Haha, good luck with that! I'm happy if I can find a decent pair of DEX/IAS/Crit Chance/Crit Dmg but I couldn't even find that combo with over 120 dex on the EU AH couple hours ago. :p

I'm not really sure what to do right now, with the RMAH coming online tomorrow and the IAS nerf in patch 1.0.3. I'm just not sure what to invest in right now for my demon hunter? Nice dex Andy's or Lacuni Prowlers? Might get nerfed. Pair of Boj Anglers ? Same.

Then there's also the repair costs increasing sixfold so I'd rather not get great gear with huge dex/crit chance/crit dmg but lacking vitality. I do fine with 12k hp but I still die from time to time.

Decisions, decisions!

scy

Haha, good luck with that! I'm happy if I can find a decent pair of DEX/IAS/Crit Chance/Crit Dmg but I couldn't even find that combo with over 120 dex on the EU AH couple hours ago. :p

My first glove craft was DEX/IAS/Crit Damage/Crit Chance that sold for quite a few million (~7.5M). In hindsight, I should've sat on them since they'd be worth so much more now than launch week :x

I hope it's because they are rolling back things from the gold duping.

I clearly chose the best night to not play Diablo 3.

Mitama

So guys, what about this gold duping? Something that happened in the last 12 hours or so? Last I saw was a Korean vid about someone abusing server rollbacks for crafting but that got fixed before people could do it on EU/US (apparently). Then there were some rumours about gold duping but now you guys are saying it really happened?

What's making people think that a rollback is likely? I finally beat inferno Belial and made some good money (relatively speaking of course, since I'm poor) on selling items last night, It'd be a shame if I lost any of that progress.

So guys, what about this gold duping? Something that happened in the last 12 hours or so? Last I saw was a Korean vid about someone abusing server rollbacks for crafting but that got fixed before people could do it on EU/US (apparently). Then there were some rumours about gold duping but now you guys are saying it really happened?

I'm curious as well. I only played briefly in the evening due to some bizarre lag...which is why I only played briefly. ;p What's the story here?

down time will be from 5am pdt to 11am pdt.

if they are rolling out US stuff at different times. Fuck them in the cunt with multiple spiked dildos.

I want my cheap ass amulet bids.

Nvm it looks it is the same for everyone.

magicstop

Ah Tuesday fucking maintenance. I'll never, ever be ok with this. I want to fucking play Diablo 3 like I could 2 . . . any time I want. Give us a damn SP mode!
Also, gold duping and cheating should = account bans, not fucking server-wide rollbacks. I hope I'm misunderstanding or that it's all a rumor.

TommyT

No, it's been in the game since day 1.

Dahbomb

Are Ancient Path goblin runs still doable?

If so what's the most efficient way to kill it with a DH?
Yea they are doable, I mean at least I was doing them yesterday. Very easy and your damage should be enough to take it down easily. Bring Caltrops and Nether Tentacles, that's about it. Just make sure your weapon is 900+ in damage and your other magic find gear has some Dex on it. You aren't going to be fighting many enemies there either.

Yeah I know, what I meant to say was that word apparently got around like 12 hours ago.

Ah, okay. Now I see why people are talking about a rollback.

Ah Tuesday fucking maintenance. I'll never, ever be ok with this. I want to fucking play Diablo 3 like I could 2 . . . any time I want. Give us a damn SP mode!
Also, gold duping and cheating should = account bans, not fucking server-wide rollbacks. I hope I'm misunderstanding or that it's all a rumor.

It was initially supposed to run 3AM-8AM PDT which isn't so bad imho. I agree that weekly 3AM-??PM maintenance is absurd for this kind of game and I sure as hell hope they can get a handle on it soon. Seems like they're trying, at least.

scy

Yea they are doable, I mean at least I was doing them yesterday. Very easy and your damage should be enough to take it down easily. Bring Caltrops and Nether Tentacles, that's about it. Just make sure your weapon is 900+ in damage and your other magic find gear has some Dex on it. You aren't going to be fighting many enemies there either.

I'd say Impale > Grievous Wounds is better with Caltrops > Torturous Ground spam. Just get in melee range, Impale and Hungering Arrow > Puncturing Arrow while you keep dropping Caltrops to root him in place. Easy kills.

Mitama

Now we've come full circle and are back to believing there was a gold dupe?

Yeah, I dunno what people are talking about. :p
There's a couple screenshots I've seen but only fakes.

You can really tell the RMAH is launching tomorrow in EU lol. Looking for a Hellcat Waistguard that has dex and max discipline and I can't find a single one, no matter the buyout.

Dahbomb

I'd say Impale > Grievous Wounds is better with Caltrops > Torturous Ground spam. Just get in melee range, Impale and Hungering Arrow > Puncturing Arrow while you keep dropping Caltrops to root him in place. Easy kills.
That's actually a very good idea and I would recommend that over NT. Easier to snipe him if he gets far with Impale.

Kyoufu

Yeah, I dunno what people are talking about. :p
There's a couple screenshots I've seen but only fakes.

You can really tell the RMAH is launching tomorrow in EU lol. Looking for a Hellcat Waistguard that has dex and max discipline and I can't find a single one, no matter the buyout.

There are videos of people duping items. If they can dupe items then I'm sure they can dupe anything.

I don't know why it's so hard to believe. On day 1 you could have blocked enemy pathing by dropping white Hauberks on the ground
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I just can't progress in Act 3 as a DH, I just can't. So fucking annoying. Finding a group is also impossible, so many people leave as soon as you join or are standing around in town, ...

The hitboxes are FUCKED in this game, and as a DH this is even more annoying. I can't believe that this was a design choice. Are they smoking crack in the Blizzard offices?

Something else that annoys me: I have to grind low level gear so that I can sell it on the AH (if I'm lucky) so that I can BUY gear on the AH to progress? Who the fuck came up with that idea? What happened to farming lower acts to progress?

I know they're "fixing" it, by letting iLvl63 items drop in Act 1 and 2. But I don't understand why they let this happen in the first place.

It's going to be even worse when the RMAH comes out. Why do they even release the RMAH before 1.0.3? It doesn't make any sense.

scy

Something else that annoys me: I have to grind low level gear so that I can sell it on the AH (if I'm lucky) so that I can BUY gear on the AH to progress? Who the fuck came up with that idea? What happened to farming lower acts to progress?

That's entirely false, however. You can farm gear to use for progression. You just can also get progression gear from the AH and it's faster than just farming it yourself. Literally no change in the world (short of removing the AH) will make this not true.

eek5

There are videos of people duping items. If they can dupe items then I'm sure they can dupe anything.

I don't know why it's so hard to believe. On day 1 you could have blocked enemy pathing by dropping white Hauberks on the ground
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

The thing that makes it most plausible for me is that if a week ago you told me that I could cancel my auctions any time by setting the date on my computer I wouldn't have believed it would be possible lol

Torraz

I just can't progress in Act 3 as a DH, I just can't. So fucking annoying. Finding a group is also impossible, so many people leave as soon as you join or are standing around in town, ...

The hitboxes are FUCKED in this game, and as a DH this is even more annoying. I can't believe that this was a design choice. Are they smoking crack in the Blizzard offices?

I know they're "fixing" it, by letting iLvl63 items drop in Act 1 and 2. But I don't understand why they let this happen in the first place.

It's going to be even worse when the RMAH comes out. Why do they even release the RMAH before 1.0.3? It doesn't make any sense.

RMAH lol.

Also awaiting 1.0.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom