• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

The thing that makes it most plausible for me is that if a week ago you told me that I could cancel my auctions any time by setting the date on my computer I wouldn't have believed it would be possible lol

Exactly. The glitches/bugs/exploits possible in this game are mindblowing. Gold/Item duping is not surprising AT ALL.

TommyT

Now we've come full circle and are back to believing there was a gold dupe?

Yeah, I dunno what people are talking about. :p
There's a couple screenshots I've seen but only fakes.

You can really tell the RMAH is launching tomorrow in EU lol. Looking for a Hellcat Waistguard that has dex and max discipline and I can't find a single one, no matter the buyout.

lol? There was a legitimate gold dupe/stealing issue that was patched last night without even bringing the servers down.

The steal - if you bid on an item it was easy for the person with the item to ensure that gold you bid was not returned to you and instead to them.

The dupe - You and a friend could turn any amount of gold into three times that amount within a minute.

Deadly

lol? There was a legitimate gold dupe/stealing issue that was patched last night without even bringing the servers down.

The steal - if you bid on an item it was easy for the person with the item to ensure that gold you bid was not returned to you and instead to them.

The dupe - You and a friend could turn any amount of gold into three times that amount within a minute.
Pretty sure that's the one that's been debunked. Unless you did it yourself.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

Lots of he said/she said, 0 proof.

I just can't progress in Act 3 as a DH, I just can't. So fucking annoying. Finding a group is also impossible, so many people leave as soon as you join or are standing around in town, ...

The hitboxes are FUCKED in this game, and as a DH this is even more annoying. I can't believe that this was a design choice. Are they smoking crack in the Blizzard offices?

Something else that annoys me: I have to grind low level gear so that I can sell it on the AH (if I'm lucky) so that I can BUY gear on the AH to progress? Who the fuck came up with that idea? What happened to farming lower acts to progress?

I know they're "fixing" it, by letting iLvl63 items drop in Act 1 and 2. But I don't understand why they let this happen in the first place.

It's going to be even worse when the RMAH comes out. Why do they even release the RMAH before 1.0.3? It doesn't make any sense.

Oh, it's really easy. Mr. Wilson even said this recently in his responses to questions:

They intentionally designed it so the loot to drop so:
1. "upgrades" come every few minutes or so
2. "upgrades that are better" come every few hours or so
3. "upgrades you'd really appreciate" come every few days or so

So, I don't get his #1. Most of our drops are below our level, so if these upgrades are meant for alts, his #1 is pure BS. His #2 seems like #1: Gear that we could actually think about wearing. Not earth-shattering, just wearable. His #3 is what we're all after, actual upgrades. The problem is that in Inferno, they're not only wanted, they're needed.

The one thing Blizzard f'd up is to not have RMAH ready at launch. They made an environment perfect to cash in on us but dropped the ball. Not only that, they released a FMAH instead. The AH has always been a secret tax on all of us, but they managed to botch it up. They're trying to get it out ASAP. Just think of all the AH transactions that have happened so far. How much money do you think a 10% would have netted Blizzardvision to date?

Something that I've wondered from the beginning; why don't items drop at higher levels than you? Fundamentally, if I don't think I'm getting good loot once in a while a loot game is being a bad loot game.

Boring as it is now after experiencing the superior action mechanics of D3, in one hour of playing Torchlight I felt like I picked up something pretty sweet 3 times.

3!

I'm not 100% but the drops are felt like they were tailored to my class. I was finding usable shit left and right. I was at a loss. Tears were streaming down my face

Where did you go wrong, Blizzard?

Now we've come full circle and are back to believing there was a gold dupe?

This is what I'm wondering ...

I went to bed last night around 12 Pacific. I woke up this mornging and read until about 3AM laughing. I get to work and check the current thread and people are talking about the rollback again.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
If you can do this, then why can't you dupe Gold? Heck, you can sell the items you're duping. Basically duping Gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxYrO29LCs0

If people can do that, then why couldn't I build a house out of a banana?

Fake or not, it really doesn't matter. The point is, they're banning players now because such exploits do exist.

Source please. And not the one you posted, since that doesn't say anything about gold duping and such.

scy

Oh, it's really easy. Mr. Wilson even said this recently in his responses to questions:

So, I don't get his #1. Most of our drops are below our level, so if these upgrades are meant for alts, his #1 is pure BS. His #2 seems like #1: Gear that we could actually think about wearing. Not earth-shattering, just wearable. His #3 is what we're all after, actual upgrades. The problem is that in Inferno, they're not only wanted, they're needed.

I do believe that the recent reddit AMA it was more of a progressive curve for worthwhile loot drops; you see upgrades more frequently at lower levels than higher levels. The problem is that people circumvent the progression with the AH and skip ahead gear wise and then are left unable to find upgrades (or the upgrades are even rarer than before).

For instance, people complain that you "have to AH to progress" yet that's entirely false. You can easily do Act 1 Inferno -> Act 2 Inferno with just equipment you find. It'll take longer without the AH, yes, but it's not impossible. And that's the design. It'll take awhile to get the gear for the progression. People see the AH as the only source of their loot due to the speed they want it for progress.

pigeon

Banned

He means over the course of play. Imagine a parabola, where the x-axis is quality of gear, and the y-axis is time til upgrade. At first your drops come every few minutes, but every time you get an item you move right on the curve -- meaning your time til next upgrade is growing exponentially, not linearly. That's why you move so quickly from minutes to days. (On rereading I'm not sure Wyatt is actually envisioning a parabola here, but he does use the term "power curve.")

I think that he's slightly missing a trick here, though, because the real x-axis should be quality of gear relative to act. Moving forward in acts moves you left on the curve again, but you need to pass a gear check to do it -- this means that the amount of time you spend in a given act grows exponentially with the gear check level. Wyatt's not wrong about the game at Act IV Inferno, but he's not really paying attention to the difficulty of getting there.

Kyoufu

Diablo 3 server and economy drama is better than the actual in-game story.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

This made my day. So true hahaha!

Bashiok doesn't say anything. It's a typical case of denial. I mean, people were getting hacked via session IDs not long ago.

SO MANY TWISTS AND TURNS!

Better than in-game story!

Revoh

If they rollback I will rage so hard, I had amazing drops yesterday, and also made a lot of money for the first time (4.5 m ;p)

RDreamer

I do believe that the recent reddit AMA it was more of a progressive curve for worthwhile loot drops; you see upgrades more frequently at lower levels than higher levels. The problem is that people circumvent the progression with the AH and skip ahead gear wise and then are left unable to find upgrades (or the upgrades are even rarer than before).

For instance, people complain that you "have to AH to progress" yet that's entirely false. You can easily do Act 1 Inferno -> Act 2 Inferno with just equipment you find. It'll take longer without the AH, yes, but it's not impossible. And that's the design. It'll take awhile to get the gear for the progression. People see the AH as the only source of their loot due to the speed they want it for progress.

Yeah, I agree with this. A lot of people seem to think they designed the game with the RMAH and AH in mind, but I kind of believe them that the opposite happened. They designed the game for normal loot progression, and tested inferno and then made it even harder than what they tested. Their end goal was to make something that people would have to slowly widdle away at over LOOOOOONG periods of time. Unfortunately, again, they didn't take the AH into account, and they also didn't take into account people exploiting good combinations to get further in and grab higher gear. So now with higher gear in the economy, people believe that's what you needed, and also believe somehow that's what Blizzard had in mind. That's not the case. They really did want you to take forever to get through inferno.

inky

If they rollback I will rage so hard, I had amazing drops yesterday, and also made a lot of money for the first time (4.5 m ;p)

That amulet you got (was that you?) is worth around 4-5 times that easily. Maybe a lot more.

So was it all fake? I went to bed yesterday when everybody was telling me not to bid on stuff and that people were duping gold. One of the korean videos looked pretty legit.

sleepykyo

How long is it supposed to take monks to gear up using this method?

Revoh

That amulet you got (was that you?) is worth around 4-5 times that easily. Maybe a lot more.

So was it all fake? I went to bed yesterday when everybody was telling me not to bid on stuff and that people were duping gold. One of the korean videos looked pretty legit.
Yeah, it was me.
But I'm not counting the amulet, won't sell my preciouuuus
I made that gold selling stuff, I was on fire, I can finally buy my Stormshield now :)

From what I'm gathering:

- The Asian servers are getting a rollback and the dupe was real on their end.
- The dupe never made it to the American servers
- A bunch of people jumped on the opportunity and trolled two continents

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
From what I'm gathering:

The Asian thing is different from the supposed gold duping everyone's talking about. That one was about essentially being able to craft items for free until you got something you liked. That one was probably legit.

From what I'm gathering:

The dupe being Asian server only explains so much confusion people are having.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I found my first ever legendary yesterday. I'd hate to see it go :(, even if it was kinda worthless lol.

Me too, I also got to level 60 yesterday. I will be pissed if I get rolled back in a game I never intend to play multiplayer with. lol

scy

How long is it supposed to take monks to gear up using this method?

Just as long as any other class. The issue here is that the ranged classes can play smarter (e.g., kite better) or just suicide run. They can get by with non-optimal gear.

My Wizard has ~60k HP, ~5500 buffed Armor, ~700 buffed resists. It's not like that gear rained from the heavens. Gearing appropriately for any class takes a lot of time (or luck or gold). This is part of the whole rationale behind the repair bill increase; to stop trying to revive zerg down content (or skipping things) and just farming where you're comfortable clearing.

Inferno progression is meant to be slow. The "I've been farming for a week and barely made progress" is the expected norm, not the "it's been three days, I'm on Act 4" that some people were able to do.

Basically, take a look at the progression that the Hardcore players are doing. That's the intent, though a little extra farming so they don't get killed at all. And even they are going faster than Blizzard envisioned (granted, goblin farming).

Just as long as any other class. The issue here is that the ranged classes can play smarter (e.g., kite better) or just suicide run. They can get by with non-optimal gear.

My Wizard has ~60k HP, ~5500 buffed Armor, ~700 buffed resists. It's not like that gear rained from the heavens. Gearing appropriately for any class takes a lot of time (or luck or gold). This is part of the whole rationale behind the repair bill increase; to stop trying to revive zerg down content (or skipping things) and just farming where you're comfortable clearing.

Inferno progression is meant to be slow. The "I've been farming for a week and barely made progress" is the expected norm, not the "it's been three days, I'm on Act 4" that some people were able to do.

Basically, take a look at the progression that the Hardcore players are doing. That's the intent, though a little extra farming so they don't get killed at all. And even they are going faster than Blizzard envisioned (granted, goblin farming).

How much dmg do you have? (lets say without glass cannon) if you have 60k hp!

scy

How much dmg do you have? (lets say without glass cannon) if you have 60k hp!

Without? I think around 40k still? Might be a bit higher (45k?). It's also sort of artificially stated since I have a decent amount of IAS% that adjusts this number higher than it "actually" is.

Without? I think around 40k still? Might be a bit higher (45k?). It's also sort of artificially stated since I have a decent amount of IAS% that adjusts this number higher than it "actually" is.

Damn, yea i have 40k dmg but 28k life and only 250 resists :(. Then again I have a lot of ias speed aswell. Time to hope I get lucky today.

The dupe being Asian server only explains so much confusion people are having.

So far there's zero proof it happend over here from what I can tell.

Items below iLvl 62/63 aren't super expensive either. I've geared my monk well enough to progress the story in act II all upgrading items and selling items I've found farming act I. I don't think the market is as F'ed up as people are claiming. Having iLvl 63 items drop in 1.0.3 will cause prices to fall too. I know I'll be going back to farming act I once the patch hits.

scy

Damn, yea i have 40k dmg but 28k life and only 250 resists :(. Then again I have a lot of ias speed aswell. Time to hope I get lucky today.

Let's also put it this way: I've been farming Inferno since launch week basically.

Though, I guess I've only been gearing this Wizard for about two weeks.

Yeah, I agree with this. A lot of people seem to think they designed the game with the RMAH and AH in mind, but I kind of believe them that the opposite happened. They designed the game for normal loot progression, and tested inferno and then made it even harder than what they tested. Their end goal was to make something that people would have to slowly widdle away at over LOOOOOONG periods of time. Unfortunately, again, they didn't take the AH into account, and they also didn't take into account people exploiting good combinations to get further in and grab higher gear. So now with higher gear in the economy, people believe that's what you needed, and also believe somehow that's what Blizzard had in mind. That's not the case. They really did want you to take forever to get through inferno.

I can see that, but I'm keeping my tinfoil hat on the table where I can grab it on a moment's notice. They've known all along that there'd be this system (the AH) that would completely pierce the kill --> loot --> upgrade --> kill paradigm that has driven these loot-whoring games for years. The goblin farming, KH running, and AH buying/selling are all things that we human beings would discover and "use" to make our lives so much easier. The first two are bugs (design issue with the gobbie placement, lack of testing with KH), but the third has always been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom