• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What PVP? :D
sorry, had to do it!
:_: Don't remind me... the moment they announced that PVP won't be at launch, I wanted to E-Honda-headbutt into a wall.

Deadly

Managed to snag a 150dex belt with vit for 8k before maintenance. Hopefully it doesn't fuck up or something. AH during the morning is the best :D

eek5

item_25.png

server shutdown legendary lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wtf, today?! My body is not ready :(

eek5

I managed to get a 980 crossbow with a socket for 500k before the server shutdown

That's good, right?

Sounds pretty good. I put a bid on a mace with 930 dps and 800? loh or something for 9mil. It had 25m left so I'm assuming I'm going to win.

Yoshichan

Wait, so stuff you bid on before maintenance gets you the item for that bid-amount?

RDreamer

Just played a bit of this on my new Macbook Pro and goddamn this game looks hot and runs smooth. I was playing it on my wife's computer at the lowest settings and lower resolution. It was crazy seeing the detail on spell effects I've seen countless times by now.

Yoshichan

No, they extend the time by whatever maintenance time is but when servers come back up it is usually a cluster fuck
Woooooooooow :_:

Sounds pretty good. I put a bid on a mace with 930 dps and 800? loh or something for 9mil. It had 25m left so I'm assuming I'm going to win.

sweet

While maintenance cycles work nicely as a buyer, on more than one occasion I've had items go for practically nothing because the last few hours were stricken from existence

Of all the things to leave client side...

No, they extend the time by whatever maintenance time is but when servers come back up it is usually a cluster fuck

Oh... well, it doesn't feel like it. It's always a cluster fuck anyway so that makes sense

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I want to master Teleport with the rune that allows me to port back to the original locations. Should work great with Venom Hydra, porting around dem pools. Which means that every 8 seconds, there is a possible teleport.

Not really. It's a shitty rune since the cooldown doesn't start until you do the return port, or until the return port window runs out.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
come to realise that cold dmg is very very useful for a barb :p

eek5

come to realise that cold dmg is very very useful for a barb :p

If you haven't yet, spec sprint for tornadoes. You can basically run away from any encounter since everything chasing you get snareds in the wake of your twisters. Works well as a damage boost too since snared enemies will get hit more times by each tornado. It's really good against molaks, shamans, goblins, etc. that run away from you a lot and you can't attack as well. I'm pretty much going to be searching hard for a good 1H cold dmg weapon now just for special occasions like that. Right now I'm switching to a 530 dps 1H lol

hobart

Just played a bit of this on my new Macbook Pro and goddamn this game looks hot and runs smooth. I was playing it on my wife's computer at the lowest settings and lower resolution. It was crazy seeing the detail on spell effects I've seen countless times by now.

What are your specs? I am assuming you are playing on OSX.

If you haven't yet, spec sprint for tornadoes. You can basically run away from any encounter since everything chasing you get snared in the wake of your twisters. It's really good against molaks, shamans, goblins, etc. that run away from you a lot and you can't attack. I'm pretty much going to be searching hard for a good 1H cold dmg weapon now just for special occasions like that. Right now I'm switching to a 530 dps 1H lol

Is this from chance to chill or a regular cold damage modifier on a weapon?

I was thinking of ways to integrate something like that into a build but never really put much thought into it

eek5

Is this from chance to chill or a regular cold damage modifier on a weapon?

I was thinking of ways to integrate something like that into a build but never really put much thought into it
It's just the cold elemental damage. It snares 100% of the time :lol

Number45

You don't really NEED Auction Hall until late Hell or Inferno IMO.

You just have to realize you have to grind your favourite parts of the game for better loot. I didn't break until Act 4 Hell.

Edit: I am a Witch Doctor.
Still plugging along in Inferno, Act I cleared, with my no-AH Barb. I can farm the last two bosses pretty comfortably (barring shielding/invulnerable minions, which both make me cry) with a five stack of NV. My stats are far from great (this is with War Cry/Impunity up):

WOHio.jpg

People really need to try it, at least Act I before panicking. I actually got most of the way to the final boss with near enough 3k less damage than that but got a nice 1h upgrade along the way. Got the achievement for killing him this morning in less than 2 minutes on Inferno. :/

daggerwrib9.png

Any good? shit? i have zero idea about WD's.
That looks really good to me. Not quite top tier because of the damage, but not far off.

The NEW new one, Retina and all? :eek:

eek5

daggerwrib9.png

Any good? shit? i have zero idea about WD's.

LoH is nice since reflect damage enemies can be a pain.
Critdmg is nice because of boosting DPS as high as possible.

Mana regen/int are the two most important stats imo and you got both of them. The only thing missing is IAS but pretty good overall.

RDreamer

The NEW new one, Retina and all? :eek:

Nah. I got the spec-bump non-retina 15" one. Retina was too expensive, and I didn't want to lose out on the dvd drive and larger HDD space anyway.

What are your specs? I am assuming you are playing on OSX.

It's the 15"

2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz
4GB 1600MHz memory
500GB 5400-rpm hard drive1
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 512MB of GDDR5 memory

V_Arnold

Hmm if you are using poison dart with triple shot do they count LOH three times ?

Each spell has different LOH modifiers, I think. Split Magic missile on wizard has a 1/3 coeff for LOH/Crit chance proc calculations, it would be very inconsistent of Blizzard to not treat triple dart similarly. But I would not be surprised either :p

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
also if any barb is using ignore pain switch it out for threatening shout instead

hobart

Nah. I got the spec-bump non-retina 15" one. Retina was too expensive, and I didn't want to lose out on the dvd drive and larger HDD space anyway.

It's the 15"

2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz
4GB 1600MHz memory
500GB 5400-rpm hard drive1
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 512MB of GDDR5 memory

Very nice. Are you playing on Default settings?

Still having issues with my MBP running D3 seamlessly. I have to run it in Win7 thru Bootcamp. I have slightly better specs running a slightly older machine (Dec 2011 Purchase)

RDreamer

Very nice. Are you playing on Default settings?

Still having issues with my MBP running D3 seamlessly. I have to run it in Win7 thru Bootcamp. I have slightly better specs running a slightly older machine (Dec 2011 Purchase)

Yeah. Default settings they had me on were High Texture, Medium Shadows, High Physics, High Clutter Density, and Anti-Aliasing on. It's running at 1440 x 900. I was also running it in full screen windowed mode so I could swipe over to a message board quickly if I wanted, and the swiping and switching worked a lot quicker than I had anticipated.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Why? And which rune? On inferno?

ignore pain reduce 65% dmg for 5 seconds cooldown 30 seconds

threatning shout reduces 20% dmg over 25 yards for 15 seconds cooldown 15 seconds

Snookie

I think i might try and put those two set pieces that I posted a page back on the RMAH if it launches today so i can be fluuuusssssssheddd with CASSSHHHHHHH

Woo-Fu

Banned

Spoken like somebody who hasn't checked the auction house lately for weapons. The abundance of i63 items with > 1000 dps has significantly softened the market for anything else. I have a 1050 dps, 18% atk speed hammer with no other stats that I paid 4.5m for and would not swap for that knife.

The best stat on it is the near-perfect roll for mana regen but I have enough of that on my offhand that I don't need any more for the splinters build that is most common in act 2/3/4 Inferno.

You need upwards of 500 LoH to keep up with Reflect Damage elites. That is the only thing a WD needs significant LoH for, in most builds. (and no, all three splinters don't get the full LoH numbers). I have 150 LoH on an amulet and I get 75 to 225 per burst, judging by the green numbers popping it up. That would appear to be 75 per splinter but I get that variance even if all 3 hit it seems.

The str is throway and the int is a 100 less than is optimal. ;)

It is a good first weapon for somebody hitting Inferno but it isn't something somebody who has been there for a week or more should want. Good luck finding somebody just hitting inferno who a) has more than 5m credits and/or b) is playing an alt and can't afford better/doesn't already have better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom