• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I didn't realize at first he was still in Hell, no Infernal. But you are not getting though Act 3 Infernal with only 200 resist, unless you somehow have 40k armor.

He's a Wizard. Like every other Wizard out there, he doesn't need resists. Every elemental damage in the game is avoidable through movement.

Do you think he's a Barbarian or something? The only things he needs are DPS and HP.

RivalCore

Sorry I don't play monk, is this good?
May I have a PC?
p5UMj.png

Would be worth significant more with high dex. As it is, probably several million?

neoism

My fucking keyboard is pissing me OFF.

I need to know if the pony level for hell is worth it for moneies and possiabliy level 60 drops.....? I can barely afford 500k but not sure if there is a better place for money other than chilltena or what ever it name was... 80 + runs to get that damn gemstone....

balddemon

Banned
Is the hell pony level worth it I can barely solo elites on hell act 4 solo.... I need it for money runs probably like 100 of them. DOES 60s drop on hell pony level at all.???

anyone!?

what i've noticed is the pony level is much harder than any of the acts of the same difficulty.

Mitama

is pony level drops on really don't wnt to waste 500k I barely have. i i harder tct 4 solo??? anyone!

If you have 500k then spend it on better equipment from the AH. It'd a waste of both your gold and time to get the pony level if you are having trouble with act 4 elites.

Unicorn

Greetings,

My name is Mortiaor from Account and Technical Services and I'm here to help answer any questions that you may have. If you wish to modify the Parental Controls, we will need additional information to make the desired changes. Upon receipt of this information, we will update the account to reflect the contact details of the parent and provide you with the security information necessary to control these features. Be sure your email filter is set to receive emails from noreply@battle.net. You may also wish to review the Parental Control FAQ page here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/PCFAQ.

Please submit the following information:
1) A legible photocopy of the identification of the current registered account user displaying the full legal name, date of birth, and expiration date (if applicable). Acceptable forms of identification for the child are: Passport, Driver's License, State ID, Military issued ID (with the back photocopied) or Birth Certificate. (School IDs are *not* accepted.)

2) A legible photocopy of the identification of the account user's legal guardian displaying the full legal name, date of birth, and expiration date (if applicable). Acceptable forms of identification for the adult are: Passport, Driver's License, State ID, or Military issued ID (with the back photocopied).

3) A copy of the Terms of Use (TOU) Form completed by the legal guardian (please be sure to provide an email address to which your child DOES NOT have access). The TOU form can be found here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/bnettouform.

Please send the information via our support site:

**Support Ticket**
Digital file submissions are now also being accepted as an additional option to mailed documents. Completed forms can be scanned and submitted as attachments here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit

- Reply to the current ticket concerning this issue with an attachment
- If no ticket exists, create a new one
- Put the account name in the description or reply field
- Attachment must be under 5MB
- Attachments must be in BMP,JPG,GIF,TXT,SPX or TGA format
- Make sure that all attachments (up to 4 files allowed) meet the recommended requirements. Security concerns may cause files with other formats or files that are too large to be filtered or deleted without response. To assure prompt processing of your submission please review the following tips:

Be sure to include *ALL* of the requested documents. Missing or incomplete information may cause delays.

- Print and manually sign the TOU form. *DIGITAL SIGNATURES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED* Processing will not proceed without the proper legal acknowledgement of the Terms of Use.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this ticket. If you would rather speak a representative directly, please contact Account & Technical Services. Our contact information can be found at http://blizzard.com/support/article/cs.

Best Regards,

Account & Technical Services Rep Mortiaor
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support

WTF. This is because I am unable to use the RMAH due to some parental controls.

Fuck you Blizzard. Why would I show you such personal information?

TheHakku

Guys I've been meaning to ask, what the fuck is the black rock ledger page 16 item I got? What's that all about? What's it for?

Apparently the numbers on the pages are some sort of reference to LOST. I found a page, as well. Not sure if anyone's figured out if they actually do anything yet.

Sanic

After going through the starter edition I decided to buy the full game, and seeing as this will be my first Diablo, I have to ask: What's the appeal of grinding through inferno endlessly for potentially better loot? Is it just PvP? If i'm missing some kind of greatly replayable endgame content, my apologies.

Cipherr

After going through the starter edition I decided to buy the full game, and seeing as this will be my first Diablo, I have to ask: What's the appeal of grinding through inferno endlessly for potentially better loot? Is it just PvP? If i'm missing some kind of greatly replayable endgame content, my apologies.

The loot grind is actually enjoyable to some. Im in that group, lol. Dungeon crawling, repeating content for those perfect rolls on loot is something I enjoy. For a lot of people that treadmill just doesn't have any allure though, so I would warn you about buying, but it sounds like you already have.

Maybe youll like the end game, maybe not. But you arent missing anything, thats sort of all there is to the end game. There will be some PvP but I wouldnt expect much on that front if I were you. Its a back burner secondary red headed step child of a game feature.

Sanic

The loot grind is actually enjoyable to some. Im in that group, lol. Dungeon crawling, repeating content for those perfect rolls on loot is something I enjoy. For a lot of people that treadmill just doesn't have any allure though, so I would warn you about buying, but it sounds like you already have.

Maybe youll like the end game, maybe not. But you arent missing anything, thats sort of all there is to the end game. There will be some PvP but I wouldnt expect much on that front if I were you. Its a back burner secondary red headed step child of a game feature.

Already purchased, but it'll be worth it even if I only play through the game once. I was just sort of wondering what kept these games replayable for a decade+.

syko de4d

in other ARPG´s u make dozen of different Chars with dozen of different builds and u never get max. lvl etc...

Yeahe in D3 u only have the Item Grind + the Stupid AH ^^
PvP is not implemted right now, comes later

Already purchased, but it'll be worth it even if I only play through the game once. I was just sort of wondering what kept these games replayable for a decade+.

With D2 it was PvP and also the ladder system. Ladder resets keep people coming back to level new characters and stuff. Also just an immense community for trading/selling stuff etc.

D3 doesn't really seem to stack up to D2 in that regard, but I've played it for like 230+ hours and I haven't gotten bored yet. PvP could end up being really good, but RMAH seems like it might cheapen the experience. We'll have to wait and see I guess

RDreamer

Someone would pay a thousand dollars for this, I'm sure. Jesus.

Even if gold has tanked a bit, a thousand dollars puts it at just over a dollar per million for that. Technically, someone did pay more than a thousand dollars worth for that. Even at $2 per million, which I think is way lower than it is now and certainly lower than it was then, you're talking 1500 dollars.

LordCanti

Gold is trading at close to 4-5 dollars right now per million, I think.

Right, but unofficially. The minimum people will be allowed to sell gold for on the RMAH is 2.50/m.

At the Blizzard guaranteed low price, he's at almost 2G's. At the unofficial price, he's at more like 3-4g's.

It's insane, in any case.

I can't imagine that diablo 3 will last as long as the previous games did.

You underestimate the power of expansions patches. The game people played for 10+ years was LoD with many, many patches. Not vanilla D2.

As it stands, yes, D3 is overly shallow and wouldn't hold interest as long, but when more complex systems are introduced, it'll have a lot more appeal.

Even just improvements on existing things, like the gem system, could ( and in all probability eventually will) see so much more variation that would make the game a lot more compelling.

Not to mention anything completely new, like the charms that were cut, or the re-addition of the Mystic (doing whatever - anything, I just know all that art is too good to go to waste.)

LordCanti

I want to see the rest of that guy's gear if hes willing to spend 3 grand on that amulet

Assuming that it's not a botter trying to easily turn his gold into cash, I doubt the person even plays. They probably just go around posting screenshots of their kit.

(Which is fine by me I might add, as people like that keep my items selling)

jersoc

soo, i found a bug that if you somehow time it right and kill the champ pack all at once you will get 3 stacks of NV instead of 1.

Cipherr

So weird seeing you all speak of IGG as dollars lol. I really dont look at my gold and say "Hmmm up to 20m gold now, thats like 100 bucks, is that bow on the AH worth $100?"

I can understand the reasoning behind it, just sounds weird lol.

soo, i found a bug that if you somehow time it right and kill the champ pack all at once you will get 3 stacks of NV instead of 1.

I have gotten 2 stacks at once a LOT of times, I didnt know that this is what was triggering it though. I have never gotten a total of 3 stacks from one group though, only 2.

Kyoufu

Only works on Health Link affix AFAIK.

Help! Spent 3 grand on an amulet and finally made it to ACT 2 but THESE WASPS MAN!! What do I need to buy to get to Act 3?
:lol

Funnily enough, Kripp ran into some guy at the subway who said he bought $3000 worth of gear on the RMAH and still can't solo anything. :lol

For people who've made money flipping things on the AH? How do you do it? I've hardly had any success selling much of anything (besides Exquisite Essences - but that's completely different.)

Do you just search for stuff with no buyout but low bids and wait on it? Or do you buyout things? What types of things do you buyout, for what price, and how much do you make relisting?

Sniping stuff with low amounts of time left is nice, but since you can't sort by time left, it's more luck finding steals that way than a legitimate strategy at this point.

Same goes for finding good stuff with extremely low buyouts. It's more luck finding it first and snapping it up, as if you don't, certainly someone else will within minutes.

Anyone care to share experiences? Preferably with examples.

And for selling things on the RMAH at least, do you people (anyone can answer here) put a pie in the sky buyout with a low bid? No buyout? A highball buyout with a bid below what you think is the fair price and try and get somewhere in between? Or a lowball buyout?

The strategies here are so much more different than playing the WoW AH, which I'm a pretty good baron at.

LordCanti

For people who've made money flipping things on the AH? How do you do it? I've hardly had any success selling much of anything (besides Exquisite Essences - but that's completely different.)

Do you just search for stuff with no buyout but low bids and wait on it? Or do you buyout things? What types of things do you buyout, for what price, and how much do you make relisting?

Sniping stuff with low amounts of time left is nice, but since you can't sort by time left, it's more luck finding steals that way than a legitimate strategy at this point.

Same goes for finding good stuff with extremely low buyouts. It's more luck finding it first and snapping it up, as if you don't, certainly someone else will within minutes.

First of all, you have to know what people want. This is obviously the most difficult part of the process.

Secondly, yeah, things with no buyout are a godsend. You know what they're worth (hopefully) and you can sit and watch them until a bidding war is launched at the last second. If there's no bidding war, then you just get the item without that hassle. If you're buying out, you'd better know what you're looking for as well, because anything good is bought up in seconds (especially on the AH, where AH bots are actively combing every inch looking for deals).

Oh and be ready for big risks if you want big rewards. I had a 1m bid in on an item, and then it got up to 6.5 in the last five minutes (people went insane trying to buy it, and for good reason). I just barely got my final bid of 6.7m in and won it. Then I flipped it on the RMAH.

I was bidding on stuff today that had a low bid but it ended up being a bot cause it would keep bidding UP to the Buyout price...So dumb.

Not necessarily a bot. Someone can bid the buyout, and then the game will automatically up the bid incrementally if you're outbid. They'd have loved to get the item for whatever their opening bid was, but they were willing to pay the full buyout price if others came along and bid.

I was bidding on stuff today that had a low bid but it ended up being a bot cause it would keep bidding UP to the Buyout price...So dumb.

Too fast to be a human mind you.

Cipherr

I have been farming Act 3 today with only 15% IAS to try and simulate the nerf. And I have a slow ass 1.1 speed crossbow. It certainly makes it very painful. I lose about 10k dps and it is immediately noticeable. If I can get used to this Ill be fine post patch.

I have done it a bit, made maybe 10m-15m doing it since launch. Thats nothing compared to some other GAF players, but I did it on a few lucky yellows with great rolls underpriced. But the main items I was able to do it on is legendaries.

Basically picking a few legendary items and familiarizing yourself with the concrete stats they have, and how high the rolls on those concrete stats can be. Then searching the AH for those legendaries looking for newly placed auctions with good rolls on the concrete items and medium to great rolls on the randoms. Find one that just went up for a low buyout, grab it and relist.

I have done that bunch of times. Especially with the weapons. Legendary weapons with high Magic Find rolls but shitty dps can sell for a LOT of gold. Noone seems to realize it though. They get a legendary with terrible dps, a horrid mixture of stats and MF and they toss it up for pennies, you grab it and resell it for millions to some guy who wants it as a MF stick for whatever reason.

eek5

Too fast to be a human mind you.

Bidding is done via proxy bidding like eBay. You put in your max bid and it raises the bid if someone else bids on the item. If you really want something always bid a much higher amount than the bid increment because it'll discourage other buyers from even trying.

You can snipe auctions just like eBay with this method. Just put in the max you're willing to spend with less than 10-20s left which should only give the other party enough time to bid once if you outbid them.

neoism

damn played nightmare on act 3 from the bridge of k something to the end... and only got 100k :d
killed everything... in 45 mintues....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom