• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revoh

I've tried going 2H with my barb today.
It's nice to do high DPS but it sucks to die so quickly.
Lost 15k HP or so, and gained around 13K DPS.
Spent almost 3m on this "experiment". I need around 5m more to fully test it

How do you guys farm siegebreaker solo? I have pretty good stats but it's still very very hard to get 5 stacks without dying all the time

eek5

Ok 17th time killing izual, all mf gear off. I really want to get my own staff of herding. Every other item took 3 or 4 tries. What could I be doing wrong? Are the plans the hardest part to get?

I've only killed him like 7 times total and got plan 4 times. The first two times I figured they dropped every time you killed him lol

Just keep trying

The other thing about Monk Staves (mentioned awhile back), even high DPS ones, is that for a Monk, it'll take up both slots. Whereas comparable Bows/Xbows will be worth a lot more since DHs can also use a quiver in addition.

eek5

The other thing about Monk Staves (mentioned awhile back), even high DPS ones, is that for a Monk, it'll take up both slots. Whereas comparable Bows/Xbows will be worth a lot more since DHs can also use a quiver in addition.

Monk's items are kind of weird and they don't drop a lot. I have only seen a handful of really good claws w/ spirit/life. Still haven't ever seen a high dex, spirit/life, socketed spirit gem.

Not sure what the point of the diablo is. Can it roll higher spirit/life than two claws or something?

I've tried going 2H with my barb today.
It's nice to do high DPS but it sucks to die so quickly.
Lost 15k HP or so, and gained around 13K DPS.
Spent almost 3m on this "experiment". I need around 5m more to fully test it

How do you guys farm siegebreaker solo? I have pretty good stats but it's still very very hard to get 5 stacks without dying all the time

What 2H build are you doing?

zoukka

Need a price check on this baby, I have no idea of barb gear.

ppdz3.jpg

Revoh

What 2H build are you doing?

Nothing fancy just tried to stack a lot of str, all res, critical and attack speed but I spend all my money and couldn't gear properly, and also I lost some armor and vitality, so I went back to my standard build.

eek5

Nothing fancy just tried to stack a lot of str, all res, critical and attack speed but I spend all my money and couldn't gear properly, and also I lost some armor and vitality, so I went back to my standard build.

How high did your damage get? I tried it for a bit and was only able to get to around 50k DPS with ~800 resis and 8.5-9k armor. Luckily my transition from 1H to 2H and back left me with a lot of gear that helped me get my 1H DPS higher than when I started.

Revoh

How high did your damage get? I tried it for a bit and was only able to get to around 50k DPS with ~800 resis and 8.5-9k armor. Luckily my transition from 1H to 2H and back left me with a lot of gear that helped me get my 1H DPS higher than when I started.

22K withouth WotB, 900ish all res, 38k HP, and 8.5-9k armor.
I'm at 54k HP, 11k DPS, 1100ish all res, and 11k armor using 1H. Is so stressfull to fight elites being full tank :S

OTIX

Anyway, I'm getting my ass kicked by Diablo inferno. I've never been this stressed out by a boss fight before, haha.

Might not be relevant depending on your class but if you're kiting her you should stay away from any edges, both the outer edges and the holes in the middle. That way she won't teleport to you.

eek5

22K withouth WotB, 900ish all res, 38k HP, and 8.5-9k armor.
I'm at 54k HP, 11k DPS, 1100ish all res, and 11k armor using 1H. Is so stressfull to fight elites being full tank :S
Yeah at one point I was 50k+ HP 12k dps 1100 res 10.5k armor and it just took way too long to clear stuff. If you have that much defense you should probably find a glass canon to partner with that can just kill stuff while you tank.

I'd probably target getting some very high STR pieces to get 20-30k DPS so you can farm A2 really fast when 1.0.3 hits. You should be able to get by with 700-800 resis easily so just getting 2-3 swap pieces should make a big difference.

Darb

Neo Member
Could anyone hook me up with a beginning of Act III waypoint in Hell difficulty? I'm not sure if I can bring myself to go through Act II right now....

Darb#1523

Second set of these boots in the past few days...

natbm8k91.jpg

Unlike the first though, this has no dex, and low rolls, terrible =/ Think anyone would want them just for the reduced level req? lol

DustinC

Joined a group of randoms and finally downed Belial in Inferno this morning, felt pretty fucking good to be done with Act 2 on my Monk.

Then I started Act 3.

fml

Kyoufu

2H Barb build is finally a success. Got a 5 stack in under 10 minutes without Earthquake or Tornadoes.

I was struggling before but then I invested in the Immortal King Chest+Belt which made all the difference.

SyNapSe

it seems like the lagginess from launch has re-emerged the last few days. My ping is in the 90's but the game just responds awfully

SyNapSe

Anyone see this crazy amulet yet?

oKHpp.jpg

It sold for ~750m!

wow.. both at the ridiculous locket and the price. I see things up on the AH for 100's of millions and I just assumed they were never selling. I've played 100 hours across my main WD (which is only in act 2 Inferno) and a bunch of different chars and I've only picked up 2.2 million per the profiles screen and that is basically what I have in money. 2.05 million right now. The most I've ever bought something for was 80k and sold for max 60k once. Outside of that time lots of 30k type items sold.

I didn't really think people bought that much gold but then you see the RLAH sales and realize there are people out there spending TONS.

I am going to be heading into inferno soon with my Wizard.

Presently:

29k DPS buffed
16k Life
shit resists (160ish al round)

I'm using a Blizz/Hydra/Orb build which is raping hell difficulty. I drop the bosses in less than a minute. "Prince Hakim" was a joke. I didn't get hit once and killed him in about a minute.

I might as well begin prepping for act 3. What kind of DPS/life/resists should I be looking at?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You may be able to get though Act 1, but I can't see you getting though Act II without at least 500 Resist Buffed.

To be honest, I will be shocked if you can make it though Act I Inferno. But you are still on Hell, so you have time to get more EHP (really, get at least 25k normal HP though)

Kyoufu

You may be able to get though Act 1, but I can't see you getting though Act II without at least 500 Resist Buffed.

To be honest, I will be shocked if you can make it though Act I. Halve the DPS, and get your self like 300k EHP.

He's a Wizard. Can do all of Act 3 with 200 resists easily. Actually you don't need any resists at all.

Woo-Fu

Banned

To be honest, I will be shocked if you can make it though Act I Inferno. But you are still on Hell, so you have time to get more EHP (really, get at least 25k normal HP though)

He is a ranged attacker, what does he need resists for? Any slot wasted on a resist is a slot that could have gone towards DPS so you can kill them long before they can hit you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom