• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Then I found an Andariel's Visage and need a price check (RMAH and Gold please).

Str roll Andariel's Visages seem to be pretty worthless honestly. I take a look at the RMAH to see how it's doing to occasionally price my high dex roll one, and high dex roll ones seem to go for at least ~$90-100, but last I looked I saw a ton of Str rolled ones at $5 or less. Also the other random stat on yours (the control duration one) is totally worthless, sorry.

inky

% chance to fear is so underrated. I have 4.7 on my Natayla's helm and it procs at least once every elite pack, so good.

I agree. Gave a SKORN I found to my Enchantress for a while just for that. Too bad her dmg goes to shit, but I was loving the breathing room it gives you. That + confuse Barb build (+ her own confuse) is really godly.

Definity

I don't play demon hunter at all so I have no idea...but this is worth something right? Low dex and no vit hurt I'm sure.

i805Y0AHDTCQk.png

Str roll Andariel's Visages seem to be pretty worthless honestly. I take a look at the RMAH to see how it's doing to occasionally price my high dex roll one, and high dex roll ones seem to go for at least ~$90-100, but last I looked I saw a ton of Str rolled ones at $5 or less. Also the other random stat on yours (the control duration one) is totally worthless, sorry.

:'(
I thought the control duration was an interesting roll, ah well will try flog it off anyway..

Einbroch

Banned
I don't mean to be an asshole, but these price checks are getting old.

I know, I can just scroll past them or ignore them, but when a good amount of the posts are just price checks I don't know which posts to ignore and which to read. Sometimes people link items and ask if they're better than the one they are using. Sometimes people get really excited and post a "OMGLOOKWHATIGOT", which is fine. But reading a post just to ask for a price is just not something I want to see so often. Especially when you can just search the AH for similar items or ballpark it.

Not that this'll get people to stop or whatever, just saying.

Kyoufu

That horrible moment when you want to put something up on the AH that will surely sell for bajillions but you can't because your AH slots are filled and won't expire until the ass crack of dawn.

Hero

Any advanced/Inferno DH's wanna help me out a bit? Or anyone want to group up for farming? I can kill things but I'm really tired of kiting and crap right now. #hero1429 is my b.net

I'm not really complaining but I don't think she's trying to show off D3 CE in this picture.

I know, I can just scroll past them or ignore them, but when a good amount of the posts are just price checks I don't know which posts to ignore and which to read. Sometimes people link items and ask if they're better than the one they are using. Sometimes people get really excited and post a "OMGLOOKWHATIGOT", which is fine. But reading a post just to ask for a price is just not something I want to see so often. Especially when you can just search the AH for similar items or ballpark it.

There's a separate thread, but no one uses it as it doesn't get near the traffic:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476554

I can't really enforce people to use it either.

Fularu

Banned
What does GAF think of those?

RMAH? And if so, how much? Or gold?

vMUZl.jpg

For the very rare time sI've done it (I think only once, just now), it's just because we're in the game with valor stacks and thus, can't check the AH

Also I only play a barbarian, I have no idea what really interests the other classes. I guess it's the same for the others. Price checks are fine provided you don't ask for one every five minutes or for every random bad drop

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
What does GAF think of those?

RMAH? And if so, how much? Or gold?

vMUZl.jpg

Some might make the argument that the best you can get for that is vendor money. It's not particularly special.

For the very rare time sI've done it (I think only once, just now), it's just because we're in the game with valor stacks and thus, can't check the AH

Also I only play a barbarian, I have no idea what really interests the other classes. I guess it's the same for the others. Price checks are fine provided you don't ask for one every five minutes or for every random bad drop

I don't know barbarians very well - but it's not particuarly difficult to guess. You guys like strength as a main stat, and every class likes vit as a secondary stat.

So high strength, high vit - immediately something good.

Throw in things like crit, attack speed, life on hit, etc - all the good modifiers at high rolls - and there will be some barb spec that will like it. Also resistance is highly sought after by most classes, particularly melee.

Just do that for -every- other class. Something like what you linked, with just a high main stat (not particularly high for gloves even), no sub stat and just crit on gloves? Not going to go for much - hopefully by now you should know that really good gloves will have multiple modifiers, some resist and and main + sub stats.

linsivvi

Im probably late, but Blizzard gave an official response to folks noticing the bullshit Hitbox detection on melee and ranged attacks, and the way you sometimes get hit by stuff even though you have evaded 10+ yards away from it by the time the attack/swing sequence ends.

I sort of figured it was the game. My ping is fantastic a lot of the times and my rig easily runs the game at a rock solid 60fps, yet I will still eat a melee attack a full half second after I vault away from a mob.

Nothing more frustrating than leaping away and dying at your landing spot, and there are ZERO visible enemies on screen because you were already a screen away before the attack decided to just hit you anyway.

Micro'ing apparently is apparently not reasonable or fun. Go figure.

Wow. So using skills to dodge enemy attacks and using strategy is a bad thing? Farming and gearing up and just taking hits without using any skill or reflex is a better way to play a game? Good job Blizzard.

Loot is the essence of the game, and learning why things are expensive or worthless in this thread has also taught me tons about this game's mechanics.

Rufus

I can only think of sidegrading to a shield.

Loot is the essence of the game, and learning why things are expensive or worthless in this thread has also taught me tons about this game's mechanics.
Selling shit for real money has changed my outlook on this game, I can tell you that much.

linsivvi

Any hints for the shadow part of Diablo.. our 4 member team is getting rocked.

Yeah I've been struggling with this too. I solo'ed the entire act 4 the other day and then hit a brick wall on stage 2 of Diablo. Then I found a random group and made it to Diablo only to fail again.

I even tried the trick of not letting myself resurrected in stage 2 so the DH clone won't spawn, but the melee characters were too weak to do any real damage.

LegoDad

Yeah I've been struggling with this too. I solo'ed the entire act 4 the other day and then hit a brick wall on stage 2 of Diablo. Then I found a random group and made it to Diablo only to fail again.

I even tried the trick of not letting myself resurrected in stage 2 so the DH clone won't spawn, but the melee characters were too weak to do any real damage.

If I revive the DH after that beginning, will the shadow respawn when they come back out the 2nd and 3rd time?

Totakeke

There is a point that price checks are annoying when the items are so dead simple to compare against at the AH. Ask if it's a potentially difficult item to value. Don't ask if it's just some plain stats. Do you really need to know the value of the item now if you can't check the AH for some reason? It may change a few hours later.

Einbroch

Banned
Metta WorldPeace ‏@MettaWorldPeaceNo brain All beard
Damn, ice cold meta!
Huehuehue.

There is a point that price checks are annoying when the items are so dead simple to compare against at the AH. Ask if it's a potentially difficult item to value. Don't ask if it's just some plain stats. Do you really need to know the value of the item now if you can't check the AH for some reason? It may change a few hours later.

This. Look at the best stats on the item. Search on the AH. Undercut or wait. Try again tomorrow, where that item might go for 50% more, or half as much.

Cipherr

There's a separate thread, but no one uses it as it doesn't get near the traffic:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476554

I can't really enforce people to use it either.

I was whining about the price checks in the previous thread too. I just think its going to spiral into madness. Its a loot based game. We are already having tons of them per page.

Price checks are fine provided you don't ask for one every five minutes or for every random bad drop

The problem is that you have hundreds of Gaffers all getting drops every day. So you end up with a post about it every 5 minutes anyway. And this is with the existence of a thread devoted to it. I mean, cmon.

If I revive the DH after that beginning, will the shadow respawn when they come back out the 2nd and 3rd time?

Yeah, you will get a clone for him if he is alive at the next clone phase. One thing to try is not fighting them. Save cooldown for the phase when you are getting close, then make sure to drag Diablo to an upper corner of the map preferably. Once they spawn, blow cooldowns so you all dont get one shot, then you all run down to the southern part of the map and leave the clones at the north end.

Just stand there until diablo comes back and fight him on the south end. The clones vanish after 60 seconds.

Any guesses on how much of a nerf does IAS will be getting ?

Data leaked. As much as 66%+ in some cases. R.I.P.

just bought this ring off of AH for 1.25 mil on a 1 day 12 hour auction on a gut feeling, and after looking at similar ones on AH it seems similar ones are being priced for about 5 mil as of right now. As the auction house is right now I don't even know how much it is actually worth, I could have been ripped off for all I know. I personally dont think its worth that much but prices are ridiculous. My hope is that once attack speed is nerfed, that its value will go up a lot more. Pretty much banking on it actually.

ddgzv.jpg

Radec

just bought this ring off of AH for 1.25 mil on a 1 day 12 hour auction on a gut feeling, and after looking at similar ones on AH it seems similar ones are being priced for about 5 mil as of right now. As the auction house is right now I don't even know how much it is actually worth, I could have been ripped off for all I know. I personally dont think its worth that much but prices are ridiculous. My hope is that once attack speed is nerfed, that its value will go up a lot more. Pretty much banking on it actually.

ddgzv.jpg

I don't know man, but I don't think that's worth 1.25mil yet 5mil.

mediocre stats brought it down.

Totakeke

ddgzv.jpg

Well what filters were you searching on? I'm guessing it's the 3.5% crit that's giving it a 5 mil value. Slightly less and they can be had for much cheaper.

Well what filters were you searching on? I'm guessing it's the 3.5% crit that's giving it a 5 mil value. Slightly less and they can be had for much cheaper.

i was searching 40 dex, 25% crit damage, and crit chance 3.5%

i just searched with same stats but 3% crit chance and I still bought my ring for cheaper than anything similar, less so though than 3.5% obviously

I've been having difficulty coming up with ways to upgrade my gear anymore. I have the money, but I just can never find things that are clear upgrades. So I decided that I would actually start looking for progression gear that had lots of Magic Find on it. The requirement is that has to be at least comparable to my existing gear, but I'd be willing to take a slight hit on some stats in exchange for gear that I could comfortable kill Act 3 / Whimsyshire mobs with that also had Magic Find. Here's what I've found so far:

ujpm3.jpg

Incidentally, this one turned out to be a pretty clear upgrade over my previous gear even ignoring the MF. Can't argue with that!

U9gVt.jpg

I forgot to take a screenshot of my old boots before I sold them, and now I don't even remember their stats.

p1HHa.jpg

This belt is, quite frankly, ridiculous. The fact that I won the auction for only 1m gold is even more ridiculous. This belt should have sold for 4m+ in my opinion. Frenzy is a Barbarian's bread and butter. Every time you see a Barbarian swinging their weapon, that's Frenzy. So this might as well have just said "All Damage +12%". That's not 100% true, but it's close enough. I think I put my max bid at like 3m for the belt and went to sleep, woke up and it was mine. Even though if it had been up for a buyout of 4m I still probably would have bought it.

The best part is how cheaply I got all these items (with the exception of the braers).

I'm going to keep looking for more progression quality pieces that have high MF. Eventually maybe I can dump my entire MF-only set and never have to swap gear again (even though I'm sure by carrying a swappable set I can squeeze an extra 20-40 MF out)

i was searching 40 dex, 25% crit damage, and crit chance 3.5%

i just searched with same stats but 3% crit chance and I still bought my ring for cheaper than anything similar, less so though than 3.5% obviously

You'll get something for it, just sold a dex/crit/crit ring for 8 million instantly, so its priced high for a reason.

You'll get something for it, just sold a dex/crit/crit ring for 8 million instantly, so its priced high for a reason.

Nice, what were its stats? and yeah I hope I got a good deal on it, but my real hope is its value will go up even more once IAS is nerfed, since people will be more willing to buy a ring that doesn't have IAS once it loses value. whatever ends up happening though its a weight off my shoulders knowing that I at least won't lose gold on it.

RDreamer

Hah, just got 23 bucks for a quiver I bought for 2000 gold today.

IkVNa.png

Snagged it this morning. Figured since my DH isn't 60 yet I should try and sell it. And, it worked.

Hah, just got 23 bucks for a quiver I bought for 2000 gold today.

Snagged it this morning. Figured since my DH isn't 60 yet I should try and sell it. And, it worked.

Unreal. I just don't understand how that can happen. Grats to you man, nice flip. I personally am not going to touch the RMAH but that makes it extremely tempting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom