• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I think I'm at my ropes end w/ this game. So fed up with it.

- Can't find any good gear
- All of my gear is shit
- Can't buy anything worth a damn off the auction house b/c its so damn expensive
- Flat broke (have like 200k)

I've basically hit a brick wall. All these people were farming gold and exploiting for weeks and I had no idea and the prices just keep going up and up. I'm so sick of doing the same shit over and over and getting NOTHING for it. Anytime I get what I think is a good drop I can't sell it on the auction house. Shit just sits there even though I price it competitively (i.e. way cheaper than anyone else). I have an amulet, closest one is sell for 500k I put it at 250k and it just sits there. I have rings w/ attack speed and crit chance and they just sit there. All level 59/60. I have no need for them b/c they have vitality and strength and I don't use barb so I put them up and no one buys them.

I have a Monk in hell that is level 53 with like 2k dps (yeah, that bad) and like 8k health. My drops have been that fucking bad.

I have a wizard who I've basically hit a brick wall with in Act 2 inferno. I'm up to the Zoltun Kulle part and I just can't progress (and I bit, scratched, and clawed my way to get there). I have like 14k heath and 13k dps with the buffs.

I have a demon hunter who can't get past act 1 inferno who I accidentally sold off all her gear to the vendor yesterday.

Staff of herding decided to disappear after I spend HOURS trying to get Chilltara and tons of money upgrading it to hellish (and I put it on my enchantress!)

Try to join public games... everyone is a fucking moron.

Seriously I need some help/reassurance right now. I need to make some money in this game and actually find some drops. What am I doing wrong? And yeah, I'm stacking MF/neph valor but all I ever get is complete garbage. I'm so sick of running Act 3 nightmare for gold (and it isn't even a lot of gold).

Are there any places that are easily farmable for gear at this point? Talking level 60 stuff? I've tried to play the game legitimately without farming crap but it just isn't working. All I'm getting is slapped in the face.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just not in a good place right now.

Rufus

What DPS/HP/Armor/Res does a WD need to do Inferno Butcher runs?
I have about 20k DPS, 27k HP, 3k armor and about 450 resists and can do it pretty comfortably. Barring the odd champion or elite pack with stupid affixes, like extra health, or invulnerable minions. There are usually enough doable ones from Leoric's Manor onwards for five stacks of NV.

Vicros

Anyone out there able to help with inferno Belial, please add me Caustic1723, prob died like 30 times already :/

I'm reeeally not looking forward to this fight. Should be there in a couple hours with my DH. I gave up trying to beat him with my monk, at least for a while. :(

My DH does a lot more DPS (at least until my IAS gets nerfed to shit). Just a matter of staying alive long enough.

Would be great to FINALLY make it past act 2 inferno.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example

Was cleaning out my shared stash b/c it was loaded w/ crap from the auction house that wouldn't sell. I did this on a different character and I forgot I put her gear there. I just recently put gold find stuff on her. I still have like 3 pieces but I sold/dismantled the rest. My mistake. Tried to buy back but too late.

Are you sure you checked enchantress with the right character? Followers have equipment on a per-char basis.

Yes, I only ran Whimsy w/ 1 character.

Dahbomb

DH can easily make past Act 1 Inferno and with some additional farming for a few days you can get her past Act 2 with the help of AH and some patience. Once your DPS is at godly levels you can farm Act 3 as well which gives some solid end game loot.

Also start making some friends on GAF, use the OT to start adding friends like crazy. I am sure someone will help you out with way points, progression and maybe even some loot.

Zzoram

I have about 20k DPS, 27k HP, 3k armor and about 450 resists and can do it pretty comfortably. Barring the odd champion or elite pack with stupid affixes, like extra health, or invulnerable minions. There are usually enough doable ones from Leoric's Manor onwards for five stacks of NV.

I have 27K dps, 18k HP, 1700 armor and 150 resist.

I guess I need to beef up survivability.

inky

Back to the butcher farm grindstone. A lot of fun though!

High Five.

I was having moderate success with 5 stack Maghda runs, but wasp champs just break my stride. And goblin farming Act II is just so boring for me, half of the time I just forget to put on my MF gear due to how stale it can get X.X

At least for Butcher runs I can run around exploding mobs with 300% MF (Like it does shit anyways).

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Got string of ears with 20% melee damage reduction. What is this worth? There are so fucking many of these on the AH and most of them are 11% damage reduction. I cannot find one that's 20% reduction and there doesn't seem to be a filter.

Dahbomb

As a DH every piece of equipment should have Dex, Vit, Resist All?

Also is there any word if they are making a Auction House App?
Movement speed on boots, IAS on any equipment that can have it, Crit Damage/chance on any equipment that can have it and Max Disc +10 on any equipment that can have it (it's usually chest and quiver).

inky

Got string of ears with 20% melee damage reduction. What is this worth? There are so fucking many of these on the AH and most of them are 11% damage reduction. I cannot find one that's 20% reduction and there doesn't seem to be a filter.

Several millions. That's a perfect roll.

LegoDad

20% reduction... i need one of these...

teh_pwn

Several millions. That's a perfect roll.

lol.

I was cursing blizzard when I first saw that it was a lvl 52 belt with low shit stats, and then I thought "oh, 20% melee...that might be good for monks/barbarians".

Melee isn't how my wizard dies, it's the perfect elite combo of stopping me, walling me, and raping me with elements.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
How do you even manage that?

I had just lost my staff of herding and I wasn't thinking clearly. Not like I had anything good for her anyway b/c I couldn't clear Act 1...but still. I think before I sold off I had 10k dps w/ sharpshooter and 10k health. Now I have like 6k dps and 6k health and 240 resists. Not like it makes a difference I still was getting 1 shotted either way.

Movement speed on boots, IAS on any equipment that can have it, Crit Damage/chance on any equipment that can have it and Max Disc +10 on any equipment that can have it (it's usually chest and quiver).

I will try that bonus stuff, but I have no cash. I have a problem with spending. Make it spend it. Make it spend it. I feel though that I've given the bonus stuff too much priority over Dex,Vit,Resists. I realized when I had 5K life in Inferno after swapping a piece for something. It didn't matter I had all that bonus stuff cause I died in one attack.

Also in Inferno should I be rocking a 1hand.Shield. Or 2hand.Quiver? Whats the majority of people doing?

teh_pwn

Is it sad that I've played over 200 hours... and no legendary or set item yet... like wtf.

Odd. I seem to get them about every 4 hours. I have 200% magic find and I destroy every inanimate object and pillage every villager I can in act 1 inferno.

Rufus

Odd. I seem to get them about every 4 hours. I have 200% magic find and I destroy every inanimate object and pillage every villager I can in act 1 inferno.
I think all the ten or so legendaries that I've found so far where in breakable object, weapon stands and regular enemies.

eek5

Depends on the other stats but $38-50 low end on US RMAH

6.5-7.8mil low end on US GAH

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I've got like 10 off the jailer alone.

200% MF without valor stacks? I run with about 105% without valor and have never found a set piece since normal through the end of inferno, and tons of farming. A few shitty legendaries. Sucks.

teh_pwn

And sold for 7 million. I undersold the lowest priced one with 20%, which was 8 million.

Damn that 15% fee. Hits harder in the millions.

Okay...so now what to buy. My lvl 60 wizard's only 2 really good items:
1. Sages Seekers
2. 950 dps 2h weapon with
18% attach speed
240 INT

I've got general 12% IAS rings.

What are some must have expensive wizard stuff?

xelios

Okay...so now what to buy. My lvl 60 wizard's only 2 really good items:
1. Sages Seekers
2. 950 dps 2h weapon with
18% attach speed
240 INT

I've got general 12% IAS rings.

What are some must have expensive wizard stuff?

1h with the same or more dps with crit dmg bonus and/or socket + an off hand source with int, 8% crit and average of +~200 dmg. Your damage will skyrocket compared to a 2h. Attack speed will rise as well, even without atk speed mods on the weapon. When I had 77k dps without any atk speed gear this is what I was using.

Also if you have no movement speed (seriously hope not) you could build that some. If you don't already have 11-12% boots get you some, then look into the set/legendaries with movement speed bonuses to get closer to the 25% cap. Prevents many, many deaths in inferno.

neoism

Is it possible to get good great items on the pony level on HELL with 5 stacks of NV... Or is inferno Act 1 better...... I'm weak and poooorer than that.... 11k dps 125 max res... :( I wish I knew the maket on the AH but I never sell anything for money. When I do sell something I just feel like I just made someone rich... :(

teh_pwn

1h with the same or more dps with crit dmg bonus and/or socket + an off hand source with int, 8% crit and ~200+ dmg. Your damage will skyrocket. Attack speed will rise as well, even without atk speed mods on the weapon. When I had 77k dps this is what I was using.

Also if you have no movement speed (seriously hope not) you could build that some. If you don't already have 11-12% boots get you some, then look into the set/legendaries with movement speed bonuses. Vital in inferno.

Sage's seeker's have 12% movement speed. Does movement speed work on all other items? I recall some things being broken.

I'll look into 1 handers. Thanks.

xelios

Sage's seeker's have 12% movement speed. Does movement speed work on all other items? I recall some things being broken.

I'll look into 1 handers. Thanks.

Doh, that they do. And no, movement speed isn't broken on gear afaik, just atk speed. (IAS doesn't work on gear because it's for weapons, it should say ASI). A few examples for more movement speed would be a Unity or Wanderlust ring, Lacuni Prowlers bracers and Inna's Glory pants (which also have atk speed, but it's broken at the moment (IAS)).

inky

200% MF without valor stacks? I run with about 105% without valor and have never found a set piece since normal through the end of inferno, and tons of farming. A few shitty legendaries. Sucks.

A little more. This is me with full MF gear + 5 stacks (I always make sure I have 5 stacks when going to the jailer+ I save any fortune shrines I find.

rbzqF.png

But I was getting them a lot since I had about 200 MF without stacks. Have found 4 set pieces total + about 15 legendaries, many of them repeated.

Hesemonni

Banned
My only character is a level 55 monk at Act 2 Hell and I already feel burnt out by the grind. I'm doing ok equipment wise and progress wise, but I guess I need something with more variance and a story :/

I'm tempted by WoW, somebody please talk me out of it.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Just tried running act III in a group, and we did pretty good. Only got ONE yellow drop however, after almost an hour - and it was a level 55.

It's more profitable for me to run act I and hope for a good ring or amulet or something :(

eek5

Just tried running act III in a group, and we did pretty good. Only got ONE yellow drop however, after almost an hour - and it was a level 55.

It's more profitable for me to run act I and hope for a good ring or amulet or something :(

If you want guaranteed yellows you have to do boss runs right now

Cipherr

Work on surviving first, DPS second or just go straight DPS now and hope you won't need as much defense for 1.0.3.

Here are the stats that I clear A3 with "easily" btw:

gSxnM.jpg

raCxp.jpg

EoXNf.jpg

Damn that is an amazing set of gear. Dem stats O_O. Few higher quality Vit gems in the slots you dont have them, and the enchantress attack speed buff and you would be over 50k HP and 30k dps with over 1k RA and 11.6k armor. Thats insane.

That bow is pretty much worthless, and I wouldn't value those boots too high either, sorry.

Anyway, I'm getting my ass kicked by Diablo inferno. I've never been this stressed out by a boss fight before, haha.

Prezhulio

Ok 17th time killing izual, all mf gear off. I really want to get my own staff of herding. Every other item took 3 or 4 tries. What could I be doing wrong? Are the plans the hardest part to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom