• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo-Fu

Banned
66qQ5.jpg

That is the 2nd crossbow I've sold for $250, sweeeeeeet.

LordCanti

I don't think that's really fair. He spent 750m gold. Just because there's an exchange rate doesn't mean he flat out spend cash on it.

You don't get 750m without either spending some real money, or botting. No one is that good at flipping stuff on the AH.

That paypal rape fee.

Blizzard/Paypal rape fee. I wonder how much Paypal actually gets compared to Blizzard. I'd love to know the % split.

You don't get 750m without either spending some real money, or botting. No one is that good at flipping stuff on the AH.

That's probably true, but even if he's botting or duping, it's still not the same as spending cash on it.

That being said, I've made probably close to 60 million in the past week from doing ponies. I've done it a FUCKLOAD, and I only have like 12 million gold right now, but really I've made a ton. It's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

eek5

I don't think that's really fair. He spent 750m gold. Just because there's an exchange rate doesn't mean he flat out spend cash on it.

IDK 750 million is a lot. Even if he earned it legitimately, I don't see him blowing his entire bankroll on one item, no matter how "godly' it is. So I'd say it's either a botter cashing out as suggested in this thread, someone spending their disposable income, or what seems like a very, very unlikeley scenario where someone has legitimately farmed over 750m gold which I just don't buy. Maybe he got a godly weapon that he sold for 750m gold then bought this amulet with that money. In either case I'd still like to drool over the rest of his gear.

Zyzyxxz

Anybody want to invite me to their whimsyshire Inferno runs?

Wizard, 30K DPS, 34K HP, with arcane armor ~590 phys resistance and ~400 for the rest.

LordCanti

I can't play this game right now. My wrist hurts. I've got the Diablo Claw.

IDK 750 million is a lot. Even if he earned it legitimately, I don't see him blowing his entire bankroll on one item, no matter how "godly' it is. So I'd say it's either a botter cashing out as suggested in this thread, someone spending their disposable income, or what seems like a very, very unlikeley scenario where someone has legitimately farmed over 750m gold which I just don't buy. Maybe he got a godly weapon that he sold for 750m gold then bought this amulet with that money. In either case I'd still like to drool over the rest of his gear.

My money is on a botter or someone that bought gold. No one goes "Well, I saved up this 750m gold, let's see what I can buy with it" "OOOO AN AMMY!"

:p

Cipherr

Im probably late, but Blizzard gave an official response to folks noticing the bullshit Hitbox detection on melee and ranged attacks, and the way you sometimes get hit by stuff even though you have evaded 10+ yards away from it by the time the attack/swing sequence ends.

Posted by Bashiok

It's intentional. We don't want a game where the most effective way to play is to dodge in and out of enemy attacks. It's not that difficult to do, and it's just not a very fun way to play.

I sort of figured it was the game. My ping is fantastic a lot of the times and my rig easily runs the game at a rock solid 60fps, yet I will still eat a melee attack a full half second after I vault away from a mob.

Nothing more frustrating than leaping away and dying at your landing spot, and there are ZERO visible enemies on screen because you were already a screen away before the attack decided to just hit you anyway.

Micro'ing apparently is apparently not reasonable or fun. Go figure.

Im probably late, but Blizzard gave an official response to folks noticing the bullshit Hitbox detection on melee and ranged attacks, and the way you sometimes get hit by stuff even though you have evaded 10+ yards away from it by the time the attack/swing sequence ends.

I sort of figured it was the game. My ping is fantastic a lot of the times and my rig easily runs the game at a rock solid 60fps, yet I will still eat a melee attack a full half second after I vault away from a mob.

Nothing more frustrating than leaping away and dying at your landing spot, and there are ZERO visible enemies on screen because you were already a screen away before the attack decided to just hit you anyway.

I've had the same thing happen with Smoke Screen. End up half a screen away, dead. It's even more insulting since SS provides invulnerability, but that swing must've connected right before I used it, even though the damage didn't apply (due to latency I suppose) until after SS was up.

Zzoram

They don't want skill to be part of the game because then people wouldn't need to buy $3500 amulets.

Ploid 3.0

I like how they think they know what's more fun.

More arcane lasers
More invulnerable minions
More computer precision walls
More ways to piss off players.

They don't want skill to be part of the game because then people wouldn't need to buy $3500 amulets.

I mentioned this to a friend yesterday, less skill, more gold/money to buy the gear that allow you to do stuff, because it's sure as heck isn't going to drop for you.

I'm this close to figuring out that MF mouse control gear swap command thing then using it.

RDreamer

I'm really loving my DH play through. I'm trying to see just how much damage I can pump out throughout the game (though I'm not paying more than like 5,000 per piece of armor... a bit more for weapon though, but not much). I'm at 1620 dps in Act I Nightmare.

Rufus

Thats the vibe I got from it too. Less skill, more gear. Jesus that just reeks.
They can't really escape that assumption. The funny thing about their justification is that three of the five classes will kite regardless, because they can't survive otherwise or because it's more efficient.
With the exception of the Monk (who has a crappy one) every class has one or two escape skills at least, that's something.

eek5

Some of the worst are Herald of Petulance and the big mace guys. HoP start their tentacle animation, it hits the ground then comes up wherever you are no matter how far away you are or how much you've moved laterally. I thought I was clever doing a furious charge which is like 70-80% move speed for 30 yards the first time I came up against them but nope.

The mace guys are equally ridiculous. They'll jump into the air and it doesn't matter where you are after that outside of moving away from them. In most games you can rotate around them if timed right but these guys will just 180 and slam down on you.

Their design decisions are mind boggling.

Rufus

Some of the worst are Herald of Petulance and the big mace guys. HoP start their tentacle animation, it hits the ground then comes up wherever you are no matter how far away you are or how much you've moved laterally. I thought I was clever doing a furious charge which is like 70-80% move speed for 30 yards the first time I came up against them but nope.

The mace guys are equally ridiculous. They'll jump into the air and it doesn't matter where you are after that outside of moving away from them. In most games you can rotate around them if timed right but these guys will just 180 and slam down on you.
Yeah, you have to close the distance really quickly, because they stop doing their tentacle attack then. Doesn't help when there's five of them and you don't have a skill to pull them all close.

Dunno about the Heralds, but the mace guys (Dark Berserkers, I think) will have their attack fixed. It won't track 360 degrees any more, so you can dodge them to the side, not just by stepping out of range.

eek5

Yeah, you have to close the distance really quickly, because they stop doing their tentacle attack then. Doesn't help when there's five of them and you don't have a skill to pull them all close.

Yeah I've learned to charge them as soon as they begin their animation. Those things hit CRAZY hard in melee range though. It's almost a lose-lose situation :lol

The worst is when you close in and then some other auxiliary HoP's hit you with the plague tentacle.

Glad to hear the mace dudes are getting fixed though. It's annoying to "successfully" dodge one of those and still get stunned by that attack.

yacobod

Banned
i just got my inferno pony staff, i decided to give it a go and i cleared the zone for the first time, it wasn't that bad, died a few times on 2 of the elite packs but it was doable. i wouldn't mind finding a few people to roll the zone for quicker clears though.

my 60 is a wizard, adequately geared, 32k hp, 42k dps, 350 res, etc. us servers polishmoves#1333.

maharg

idspispopd

Gotta love it. Reflexes? Who'd want to use those in a video game. I mean, really. Probably why you can't close doors anymore either. Using the terrain is also, obviously, unacceptable. I guess that's why so many fights (especially boss fights) boil down to "find a decent spot and hold down left click, right click every now and then."

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Sigh, the temptation of ACT III is tooooo strong! I cant keep farming act I knowing I can actually survive in act III. I just kill so much more slowly, have to skip 1/2 the rare mobs and I still have terribad luck with rares those rare occasions they drop - cause I definitely cant wear my MF gear.

I need some good drops! I cant sit at 1,5mil forever!

Neki

% chance to fear is so underrated. I have 4.7 on my Natayla's helm and it procs at least once every elite pack, so good.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It's so annoying how my progression in Act III depends on whether or not I'll run into ridiculous rares or not. Everything but the winged fireball hurling bat demons is easy in terms of normal enemies, but most elites just completely obliterate me.

It's so annoying how my progression in Act III depends on whether or not I'll run into ridiculous rares or not. Everything but the winged fireball hurling bat demons is easy in terms of normal enemies, but most elites just completely obliterate me.
lol I'm the same way. I can't get shit done when an elite pops up in act 3. But in act 2 I OWN most elites save for the fast moving ones (because I'm a DH).

-Opaque-

Wow...... this is the first thing that has made me truly angry about the game. I've died to this crap countless time on my DH and always assumed it was due to lag (especially cause I'm in Australia). But intentional? And attempting to justify it by saying it's apparently no fun to play that way? Because what's more way more fun than using reflexes is to wonder why a melee attack that was no where near you just killed you.
Sigh.
Guess I'll just keep building up my MF gear and wait for 1.0.3 with the intention of farming more gloom tank gear (I could probably just buy some more now, but I'm frugal and also want to wait to see how much they tone down A3 inferno. With my current gear the only thing that stops me from using gloom all the time now is that soul lashers can 1 shot me if I don't have it up, can survive a hit or two from most other things though).

deadnoob

Any melee people want to do Act 2 runs or try Act 3 with me? I'm a Wizard and can't survive but I think I could help do damage and kite. I've been doing Act II but I'm getting a little bored of it.

if so, halcyon#1377

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom