• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, what were its stats? and yeah I hope I got a good deal on it, but my real hope is its value will go up even more once IAS is nerfed, since people will be more willing to buy a ring that doesn't have IAS once it loses value. whatever ends up happening though its a weight off my shoulders knowing that I at least won't lose gold on it.

The one I just sold was:

ew4Ks.jpg

Paid 20k for it this morning. Probably could have gotten more since it sold instantly, but not going to complain about a 20k for 8 million flip. Closer to your ring, I sold one a few days ago that was 45/28/3 for 4.5 million.

I'm not sure what the markets going to dictate really, seems like some people are preparing to dump IAS while others are of the mind set that they'll just stack even more of it.

Shadow780

Those who plays mac version, do you have conflict when doing shift+mouse attack while triggering skills on 1234?

I can't trigger my caltrops while doing shift attacks....

The one I just sold was:

ew4Ks.jpg

Paid 20k for it this morning. Probably could have gotten more since it sold instantly, but not going to complain about a 20k for 8 million flip. Closer to your ring, I sold one a few days ago that was 45/28/3 for 4.5 million.

I'm not sure what the markets going to dictate really, seems like some people are preparing to dump IAS while others are of the mind set that they'll just stack even more of it.

Damn that is an incredible flip, puts mine to shame haha. You must feel like you hit the jackpot. And yeah I don't mind when stuff sells instantly either, I'd rather sell stuff under-priced than to wait for it to sell for 36 hours if I accidentally overprice it. As for how the market will fall, it is a gamble but I don't think the ring will lose value even if people will still value IAS, so now I feel pretty safe about it.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Got sage's grasp for 2M. With attack speed +13%, increase critical chance by 7.5% and vitality 80. Not a bad roll for 2M (similar ones are sold for 10M).

But man, the amount of gold needed to upgrade my rings, amulet, and a few other armor pieces is going to be a total of 100M. At least the patch is almost here.

Circle T

Those who plays mac version, do you have conflict when doing shift+mouse attack while triggering skills on 1234?

I can't trigger my caltrops while doing shift attacks....

With a tip from this thread back when the game launched, I changed my 1-2-3-4 keys for A-S-D-F, and then switched from Shift to Space for standing still. I can then hold space, and much easier hit the skill keys as needed.

I love going to the RMAH and seeing a legendary item with shitty to mediocre stats selling for $250, followed by a good 20 pages of the same item with some of them going for as low as $1.25.

I had a legendary belt drop for me today (Angel Hairpiece or something like that) and I figured it was worth a shot to sell it for some cash. Sure enough, when I went to the RMAH about 30 pages of Angel Hairpieces popped up with prices ranging from $250-1.25.

Well I hit inferno with my monk. Looking to get some better gear. Yanked some armour pieces from my DH and using a weapon I found while Goblin farming.

How much does it cost to get a decent chest with All Resist/Dex/Vit?

Couldn't find anything with 100/100/60 for under a mill which is about all I've got right now

Looking like this at the start of Act 1

x3r0123

Well I hit inferno with my monk. Looking to get some better gear. Yanked some armour pieces from my DH and using a weapon I found while Goblin farming.

Couldn't find anything with 100/100/60 for under a mill which is about all I've got right now

i dont play monk but why dont you max one resist and use the passive that makes all the res to your highest amount

bs000

Is the succubus supposed to be able to debuff you when the little orb thing passes through you while you're in smoke screen? Or is that a bug? I kept dying because of it and couldn't figure out wtf it was.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Is the succubus supposed to be able to debuff you when the little orb thing passes through you while you're in smoke screen? Or is that a bug? I kept dying because of it and couldn't figure out wtf it was.
I think it curses you even if you have invuln on, yes.

Narag

Curses seem to land with smokescreen up. The nightmare demons or whatever in act IV and Diablo can hit you with them. Hungering arrow (and I assume the other hatred builders) shouldn't trigger the casting damage effect.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

You should be able to clear Act 1 easy with those stats.

If there's no upgrade you can afford there's no upgrade.

You're actually more than ready to take on Act 1 Inferno. I have more or less the exact same stats as you except my DPS is 8500 and I do fine.

The mobs that will give you issues are elite mobs that have specific affixes to them. Invulnerable minions will give anyone issues.

With some nice GAF assists for Belial, I've cleared Act 2 Inferno. We'll have to see how hard Act 3 hits me in the face now, as I haven't upgraded much gear during Act 2. Would really rather not have to go back to Act 2 if I don't have to as a lot of the mobs are pretty dickish (invis snakes), but ZK or Maghda runs wouldn't be too bad. ZK isn't as face roll as the Butcher or even Maghda for ranged (I died a few times before taking him), but he's easy enough.

I'd definitely prefer to stay in Act 3 if I can hold my own though for the higher iLevel drops. I want to get one of those sweet cash money drops that people get. Should be able to upgrade my weapon in Act 3 as well if I don't buy another one first.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
With a tip from this thread back when the game launched, I changed my 1-2-3-4 keys for A-S-D-F, and then switched from Shift to Space for standing still. I can then hold space, and much easier hit the skill keys as needed.

Holy fuck I should do this. I've been doing melee, but deadly reach could use shfit sometimes and I have a DH.

Damnit, can't beat Belial in Inferno. I've made to phase 3 once or twice, but I usually just fuck up in phase 2 and run out of discipline too quickly.

Sigmaah

Reached Level 60, I need help on what stats to have for my DH so I can handle Act 1 on Inferno.

Stats atm are:

Strength: 779
Dexterity: 1315
Intelligence: 351
Vitality: 727
Armor: 3111
DPS: 13676.00

Also, what are good farming spots so I can get some good gear?

I must one of the few people that only uses a mouse.... for everything

I do too, except for shouts/mantras/etc. I set those to A

With a 5 button mouse I use

LMB/RMB - the usual
Back - Commonly used ability
Forward (button is a bit smaller) - Slightly less commonly used
Scroll button - Evasive/Defensive

Shouta

Man, getting serious upgrades for my Monk is impossible right now. Can't wait for 1.03 so the AH landscape will change a bit.

Huge shout out for RDreamer who posted this in the last topic:

Speaking of monk builds, I've got:

Fists of Thunder - Lightning Flash
Deadly Reach - Keen Eye

Breath of Heaven - Blazing Wrath
Blinding Flash - Faith in the Light
Serenity - Peaceful Repose
Mantra of Healing - Time of Need

Transcendence
One with Everything
Seize the Initiative

I've got:

~15000 dps unbuffed, 17500 buffed
5450 armor unbuffed (with keen eye it's 8175, so it's always this)
17% crit chance, and 106% crit damage
20% block 1960-2794
Dodge chance 31.1% (with lightning flash on it's about 42%, and that's petty much always)
Resistances - 757 (908 buffed)
Crowd Control reduction: 13.99%
Melee damage reduction: 18.4%
29,361 life
569 life per second
640 life per hit

Basically, in Act 2 inferno now, I'm a beast. I've had comments throughout many of my games now that I'm pretty crazy. I was tanking 2 elite mobs at the same time the other day. I can stand in desecrator and plague stuff (at the same time) in act 1 without losing health, really. I can stand in desecrator stuff for a bit in act 2, depending. Act 3 still murders me, though.... ugh

I stole this, uped my res to 500 and act 1 inferno was a breeze. I changed Deadly Reach with 7 Sided Strikes thing for more dps (I also like being invulnerable while casting). Every players are dying next to me and always respawn on me. I keep elites from regenrating health. I got comments like " how do you don't die ? How much life do you have ? " basically the same as him:
15k base dps, buffed at 18k, with max buff at 23 (for 3 sec, usualy to throw 7 Sides Strikes)
9k armor buffed
500 all res
25k hp

Now I could get higher res with better items. Also, I new to swap my two hand for one hand and shield and skyrocket my block rate and attack speed

Dahbomb

What's the highest dodge percentage any one had gotten with the monk? Like if you get like high dex, mantra of evasion, the evasion passive and lightning flash.

What's the highest dodge percentage any one had gotten with the monk? Like if you get like high dex, mantra of evasion, the evasion passive and lightning flash.

Plus Binding Flash that give 60% chance to doge elites for 3 sec with Seaing Light rune ? You might get to 100 buffed easily for a couple of seconds

Shouta

Why is it impossible? Everything largely overpriced?

Yep. At my gear level, getting a real upgrade to my gear is incredibly expensive. At where I am right now, Act 1/2 is ridiculously easy. Act 3/4 I can get through but it's a bit of a 50/50 thing because lucky hits can 1-shot me from some mobs and the damage from elite affixes like Sentry/Molten are ridiculously high.

I usually run dodge everything aside from the Guardian's path passive and the Cyclone dodge bonus because they aren't really worth it compared to the other options. I do run Evasion - Backlash and FoT - Lightning Flash and I have 2k+ dex

evangd007

Holy fuck I should do this. I've been doing melee, but deadly reach could use shfit sometimes and I have a DH.

I changed to QWER and space because shift was inconvenient, space was unused, and I couldn't untrain my hand from League of Legends.

I just got a:

600 armor
59 all resist
160 int
socketed

helm for 800k. Such a steal. Upped my mitigation from armor 1.8% and resist by 4%. I soak mortar hits now. It's glorious.

Plus Binding Flash that give 60% chance to doge elites for 3 sec with Seaing Light rune ? You might get to 100 buffed easily for a couple of seconds

Every skill you add doesn't add that Dodge chance as a flat rate, it has diminishing returns like everything else depending on what your Dodge was before.

Neki

I see only one iL63 rare, so yes, probably. :p

edit: out of the weapons at least, I don't know what armor looks like for other classes. :p

Yep. At my gear level, getting a real upgrade to my gear is incredibly expensive. At where I am right now, Act 1/2 is ridiculously easy. Act 3/4 I can get through but it's a bit of a 50/50 thing because lucky hits can 1-shot me from some mobs and the damage from elite affixes like Sentry/Molten are ridiculously high.

I'm pretty much in the same boat on my Barb, I can reliably do Siegebreaker runs with little issue, but pushing through Azmodan and Act 4 can be rough at times. I've just been playing the market and building a small, cheap set for another build while I wait to see what the market post-patch will be like. Don't want to spend 5 million or higher on items until then.

What kind of gear do you Monks go for at the end game anyways, just lots of dex/vit/resist?

Neki

I usually run dodge everything aside from the Guardian's path passive and the Cyclone dodge bonus because they aren't really worth it compared to the other options. I do run Evasion - Backlash and FoT - Lightning Flash and I have 2k+ dex

I wish upgrades for me only costed 7-8 mil. :/

I see only one iL63 rare, so yes, probably. :p

edit: out of the weapons at least, I don't know what armor looks like for other classes. :p

I did a search before this and came up empty - is there a place where I can see the difference between ilvl61-63 visuals aside from individually searching items on the D3 official site?

Neki

I did a search before this and came up empty - is there a place where I can see the difference between ilvl61-63 visuals aside from individually searching items on the D3 official site?

Not that I'm aware of, but I could always take screenshots of all the iLvl61-63 items for you. :p
The weapons at least.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

There is a chart floating around. It was posted in this thread but I dont have a link.

I found a chart (not mine) here:

It's the name of the base item though, not the visual tier. Not sure if there is a visual tier chart somewhere, though it wouldn't be too hard to make one (for Inferno loot at least). However, I think the icons for some tiers are reused from lower level ones, even if the actual gear looks different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom