• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunohara

I prefer it over Block, especially when Dodge values get to the >60% mark. A 20-30% chance to block some damage isn't that big of a deal vs the extra Life on Hit, extra Attack Speed, and extra evasion you can get from DW. Plus better Spirit Generation and, if you're lucky, Life per Spirit Spent.

But, it's entirely reliant on getting the gear so you don't go down instantly / nearly instantly when your dodging fails. You still need enough mitigation to take a few hits in a row without dying.

It was datamined that they're just halving the values. Unless something changes when the patch goes live, that's just what we're looking at happening.

I'm really having a problem which passives to use since I dual wield right now. I pretty much need Seize and OWE, so that leaves me with either Trans, or Guardian's Path. I have about 35 LPSS from both my weapons (not much I know), so I figured I stick with Trans for more. But GP gets me to about 70% dodge or so (buffed). I'm trying to survive Act 2 inferno right now, and it is bloody hard.

The above list more than halves IAS for weapons at certain percentages while not others. That's terrible. Both of my weapons will be more than halved.

scy

That seems rather lazy.

I wonder who gets hurt by this the most. Its seems like a monk since IAS is crucial to our survivability while a DH can still build for a one shot glass cannon with high DPS and high CRIT.

The high CRIT and high lifesteal doens't seem viable for a monk since our damage is terrible.

This seems ironic since it appeared like they're intent was the nerf the DH the most with the change.

And yet they left Quivers unchanged :x

Wizards, Witch Doctors, and Monks probably get hit the worst. WD and Monks are more tuned for Attack Speed builds in general it seems and most Wizards went the Attack Speed route due to how good the signature spells were vs the Arcane Power ones.

Wizards, Witch Doctors, and Monks probably get hit the worst. WD and Monks are more tuned for Attack Speed builds in general it seems and most Wizards went the Attack Speed route due to how good the signature spells were vs the Arcane Power ones.

This makes me doubt the viability of the supposed datamine actually. Either that, or the nerf is really going to piss me off.

Lets make the DH an even more viable build for cheap infnero while further complicating my class (among others). ARGAGAGARgghaghagp9

I guess I shouldn't be too upset yet, because they're also affecting difficulty curve, which might mean a more balanced inferno experience anyway.

RDreamer

The builds are almost the same really. I use lashing tail kick instead of deadly reach because it helps me clear mobs when swarmed. Other than that, I use sweeping wind in place of Breath of Heaven. Both are basically DPS skills accepts sweeping wind gives me the AOE.

The main difference there was the armor, which I know I need pretty badly. My issues are that when I get hit, I get hit for too much damage. I've been considering dropping 300 LOH and some APS for more armor and resists from a shield.

Try Crippling Wave > Concussion. Now I switch between Fists of Thunder > Lightning Flash and that in order to keep 15% dodge and make sure everything around me hits for much less. Crippling Wave also hard a pretty good AOE.

Just found another piece of gear to add to my MF progression set.

p0kzh.jpg

I can't believe how much I had to pay for these. Probably the most expensive piece I own now short of my weapon (which I actually found). It certainly seems like a downgrade from what I was considering that if I had re-gemmed for VIT instead of STR then every stat would have been higher, but I do get some additional armor out of it, and anyway, that's the price you have to pay for having a MF progression set, I guess.

Ferrio

Banned

If they nerfed quivers there'd be no reason to go xbow/bow.

I was super unhappy to read that quivers were left unchanged. High quiver IAS is what makes 1H xbows-a very cool and awesome item design-much less popular.

edit: they could have nerfed the IAS less than the other items and it could have been tuned to a decent breakeven point with the increased burst damage of xbow/bow in comparison. The big problem, of course, being 2x weapon sockets.

MrDaravon

Okay, my full stuff is below, what would people recommend I specifically upgrade next? Damage is without Sharpshooter (but with Archery). Assuming the datamine is correct my unbuffed damage will drop from 43697 to 37170 which isn't completely terrible, but I'm not sure what piece of gear I should specifically be saving up for next. I don't seem to have any luck with drops or farming the AH like some people here have, so I've never had more than around a million at a time except once or twice. I have a MF/GF set that I can farm Act 1 with pretty comfortably aside from jacked Elite mobs, and can farm Act 2 with but not without problems and having to avoid some mobs. I've made it to Act 3 but even with my normal gear having significant trouble inside the keep, primarily from Soul Rippers and/or bad combination mobs so I haven't been able to progress much past that point. I tried goblin farming for the first time last night (on the Ancient Path) and made okay money (about 120k in an hour or so) but didn't find shit for drops. Clearly any upgrades are going to be expensive and take me a while to save up for so I'm not sure what to do next :x

EQmq4.png

NrrVZ.png
XuKOl.png
PeVXP.png

KFP0p.png
uAfth.png
IpGdO.png

PV7Sq.png
Cn215.png
NRZep.png

J9cZ7.png
RE8TU.png
AXQP9.png

fyW1J.png

scy

If they nerfed quivers there'd be no reason to go xbow/bow.

I figured they'd just cap them out at 10% rather than 15%. Bow/Crossbow base damage is higher than DW routes. Though, DW already has the Crit Damage% on their side due to better socket options.

mileS

I went to bed when Kripp and Krippi made it to Azmo and started practicing on softcore. Anything happen while I was asleep?

Won

Interesting how a lot of the DH builds use pretty much the same 5 skills and a freebie. Perhaps with some different runes on the first 5, but most people are pretty much locked into Hungering Arrow, Elemental Arrow, Smoke Screen, Preperation, and Companion.

People are just that lazy. DH is probably a strong enough class that you can choose whatever ability you want, make a build around it and still finish Inferno rather easily compared to other classes.
But hey! Nether Tentacles!

Try Crippling Wave > Concussion. Now I switch between Fists of Thunder > Lightning Flash and that in order to keep 15% dodge and make sure everything around me hits for much less. Crippling Wave also hard a pretty good AOE.

So maybe drop sweeping wind from build and put crippling wind up on my mouse. I could move lashing tail kick down to the numbers that way.

scy

People are just that lazy. DH is probably a strong enough class that you can choose whatever ability you want, make a build around it and still finish Inferno rather easily compared to other classes.
But hey! Nether Tentacles!

Eh, Hungering Arrow is really just that much better in basically all scenarios for a Hatred generator. Likewise, Elemental Arrow is just a better area of effect attack (and single-target due to multi-hitting).

zlatko

Banned
My addiction to this game has finally dwindled. Thankfully too. Now I can focus on my other games more. Ghost Recon/Virtua Fighter5/Xenoblade. Feels good to be broken of the curse.

The grinding got to me, and with my DH almost to 60 too, I just feel like I've done all I want with the game until the patch to see if Inferno becomes doable as I'd like to complete it before I shelve the game entirely till an expansion hits.

Probably a good time to sell my Monk stuff on AH for some Pay Pal bucks.

solidstatement

Neo Member
Interesting how a lot of the DH builds use pretty much the same 5 skills and a freebie. Perhaps with some different runes on the first 5, but most people are pretty much locked into Hungering Arrow, Elemental Arrow, Smoke Screen, Preperation, and Companion.

I see Vault and Caltrops about as often as I see Companion, but the first 4 are most definitely staple skills for Inferno, usually with exactly the same runes applied.

Starting to miss my more Hatred-focused pre-Inferno builds, but hopefully DH's will be free to experiment again when pvp launches...

Ferrio

Banned
Starting to miss my more Hatred-focused pre-Inferno builds, but hopefully DH's will be free to experiment again when pvp launches...

Me too it was a lot of fun.

I gotta ask, any DH's in inferno acts 3/4 able to take more than 1 hit from *anything*? Without gloom activated that is.

mileS

I hope DH gets nerfed TO THE GROUND!

My friend is farming act 3 in blues and making bank on the RMAH. It's so sad.

What about the Wizard? after playing both @ 60 for a while I have to say Wiz is just as cheap to gear up / easy to power through inferno farming. If anything I'd say Wiz > DH by a long shot.

and by cheap to gear up I mean just enough to be able to farm inferno without any problems.

Narag

I gotta ask, any DH's in inferno acts 3/4 able to take more than 1 hit from *anything*? Without gloom activated that is.

Before I sold some resist stuff, only the little shadow demons and the illusions spawned by illusionary packs.

ParityBit

Instead of wishing for another class to get nerfed, why don't you just make a DH and get them to 60. Not like it takes long, nor do you have to do it more than once.

Shouta

I expect them to nerf Sharpshoot for DH soon myself. Either it'll reset after the first hit and any subsequent hit will be normal or they'll make it so that it resets after you take the first shot.

tn2007

Act 3 inferno hardcore?

Yeah Kripp soloed act 3 inferno hardcore Azmodan this morning. It was funny because Krippi really wanted to do it together, but Kripp knew he had a better chance without him and that he would just be carrying him. I don't know if anyone has beaten diablo inferno HC yet but from looking at his gear and play style I really think Kripp will do it. I think later tonight he is gonna start act IV.

sabanoo

I can take a hit from any of the weaker mobs in act 3 (quill rats, skeletons, spear throwers) but most stuff one shots me still. I never liked going full glass cannon but it is really damn hard to get good enough gear. I have noticed that when I group up with a monk and barb I can survive a few more things with their buffs (especially war cry).

I'm at the point where upgrades are going to cost 10 mil or more for each piece. It's not very encouraging but oh well.

Artanisix

Instead of wishing for another class to get nerfed, why don't you just make a DH and get them to 60. Not like it takes long, nor do you have to do it more than once.

Because that's stupid.

I don't care of DHs are OP -- diablo 2 was relaxing killing monsters -- I just want all the other classes to be extremely good too.

Is there a Youtube link of Kripparian beating Act 3?

Also, I was watching his stream last night and I love his HC strategies. He created a SC character that matched his HC character's stats as much as possible just to test out Act 3. That is awesome.

I've been slowly working on Act 2 between it and farming Act 1 (I think I might've found an area in Act 2 where I want to use MF items). I am gonna work diligently on beating Act 2 before the nerf, by playing in a super duper slow way.

mileS

I expect them to nerf Sharpshoot for DH soon myself. Either it'll reset after the first hit and any subsequent hit will be normal or they'll make it so that it resets after you take the first shot.

It already resets at the most fucking random times due to bugs anyway. Everytime you move something in your inv or pick up something. I've also had it reset a lot when the follower does something.

Yeah Kripp soloed act 3 inferno hardcore Azmodan this morning. It was funny because Krippi really wanted to do it together, but Kripp knew he had a better chance without him and that he would just be carrying him. I don't know if anyone has beaten diablo inferno HC yet but from looking at his gear and play style I really think Kripp will do it. I think later tonight he is gonna start act IV.

lol I dunno about "carrying" more like he didn't want his friend to die, or the higher chance of it. Did you watch the stream much before this fight? Krippi (wiz) does most of the work anyway (only because he has to at this point)

Cipherr

124uf02.png

What about the Wizard? after playing both @ 60 for a while I have to say Wiz is just as cheap to gear up / easy to power through inferno farming. If anything I'd say Wiz > DH by a long shot.

and by cheap to gear up I mean just enough to be able to farm inferno without any problems.

Indeed. Wizards I see farming Inferno on stream play the exact same way as a DH does farming Inferno, except theres less one shots because they stack a little resist and HP so Force armor allows them to take a few hits.

It already resets at the most fucking random times due to bugs anyway. Everytime you move something in your inv or pick up something. I've also had it reset a lot when the follower does something.

Yeah, they could remove SS from the game, and noone but DH's in Hell would care. It scales bad the better your gear gets. Its useless and I havent seen many people using it late game. It was fun while leveling though.

RDreamer

Or how about instead of wishing everyone just jumped ship to the same class because it's imbalanced we with blizzard balances the other classes by bringing them up slightly.

Narag

I'd expect a slower increase or lesser increase in crit % myself.

Ferrio

Banned

Ya both it and nether will get the smackdown.

Because that's stupid.

I don't care of DHs are OP -- diablo 2 was relaxing killing monsters -- I just want all the other classes to be extremely good too.

Exactly ... either buff all other classes so they're as viable as the DH, or nerf the DH to the other classes level. I complain as a monk. WD have it really bad too though and Barbarians are only slightly better than monks.

It's just stupid having one class be so much more viable at cheaper prices.

GPsych

Okay GAF, I need your expertise on how to handle this bizarre billing situation with Blizzard. My girlfriend is off for the summer from her job and she was looking for a new game to play. I showed her Diablo III and she was really interested in playing so I surprised her with a battle.net account and purchased the game for her on my credit card. She had internet trouble the first day so wasn't able to download the game. The next morning after I bought the game, I got this email from Blizzard:

Greetings,

This notice is being sent to inform you that we were unable to successfully complete your recent purchase on the Blizzard Store. The charge for that item on your order was not finalized.

Since we could not fully authorize this item’s purchase, it has now been deactivated. If it was applied to a play account, it will no longer appear, and the account will be left in the state it was in previously.

For any questions about Blizzard orders or your Blizzard Account, please find the contact information for our Blizzard Billing and Account Services department at http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact

We thank you for your patronage and your patience in this matter.

Regards,

Customer Service
Blizzard Entertainment
http://us.battle.net/en/

So, I figured it was something weird with my bank (on rare occasions they deny online purchases) so I bought it again with a different card. Everything seemed to go through okay. We didn't get a chance to try it out until the next morning. When we finally got around to trying it, my GF received an error message saying that the account had been suspended for violation of Blizzared policies and an email would be sent as to reason why (I never received said email and I did check the spam filter).

I called Blizzard and they said that they could not handle ban/suspension appeals and I had to do it through the online ticket system. I went online and submitted the ticket/appeal. I received this message back two days later:

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Hello ,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. =)

Unfortunately, the issue you are having is best handled through our Billing Department. The billing department is here to handle these types of issues.

The Billing team is available 7 days a week, between 8am and 8pm PST, and can be reached in the following ways.

Phone: 1-800-59-BLIZZ (1-800-592-5499)

Thank you again for contacting us. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in World of Warcraft!

Best Regards,

Game Master Droovas
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support

First of all, I find it humorous that "Game Master Droovas" apparently believes that I'm playing World of Warcraft and not Diablo III. I called Blizzard again and they once again stated that they can't handle account suspensions/bans over the phone and I have to submit a ticket.

At this point I have no idea what to do. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Okay, so I'm in the middle of Act 2 on Inferno with my Monk, and one thing is bothering me: She never uses her equipped weapons. Even if equipped with a staff or a sword, she still attacks with her fists when I click the left mouse button. Same thing happens with the Witch Doctor. I know that weapons can effect your characters stats and all, but it kinda sucks when you get an awesome weapon and your character doesn't even use it in the game.

Why not buff everyone else then?

I'm fine with that. Though I think that's a lot less likely.

A. I think it's more difficult to balance the buffing of 4 classes instead of nerfing 1.
B. I think they, Blizz, wants us all to be having as much difficulty in inferno as the monk class. I don't think they want to buff everyone and have infno be a cake walk.

lol, sold something for a tenner. cant remember what it was though, nothing that would have sold for more than 50k on the GAH :p.

fizz's empire begins here.

Macattk15

Okay GAF, I need your expertise on how to handle this bizarre billing situation with Blizzard. My girlfriend is off for the summer from her job and she was looking for a new game to play. I showed her Diablo III and she was really interested in playing so I surprised her with a battle.net account and purchased the game for her on my credit card. She had internet trouble the first day so wasn't able to download the game. The next morning after I bought the game, I got this email from Blizzard:

Greetings,

This notice is being sent to inform you that we were unable to successfully complete your recent purchase on the Blizzard Store. The charge for that item on your order was not finalized.

Since we could not fully authorize this item’s purchase, it has now been deactivated. If it was applied to a play account, it will no longer appear, and the account will be left in the state it was in previously.

For any questions about Blizzard orders or your Blizzard Account, please find the contact information for our Blizzard Billing and Account Services department at http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact

We thank you for your patronage and your patience in this matter.

Regards,

Customer Service
Blizzard Entertainment
http://us.battle.net/en/

So, I figured it was something weird with my bank (on rare occasions they deny online purchases) so I bought it again with a different card. Everything seemed to go through okay. We didn't get a chance to try it out until the next morning. When we finally got around to trying it, my GF received an error message saying that the account had been suspended for violation of Blizzared policies and an email would be sent as to reason why (I never received said email and I did check the spam filter).

I called Blizzard and they said that they could not handle ban/suspension appeals and I had to do it through the online ticket system. I went online and submitted the ticket/appeal. I received this message back two days later:

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Hello ,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. =)

Unfortunately, the issue you are having is best handled through our Billing Department. The billing department is here to handle these types of issues.

The Billing team is available 7 days a week, between 8am and 8pm PST, and can be reached in the following ways.

Phone: 1-800-59-BLIZZ (1-800-592-5499)

Thank you again for contacting us. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in World of Warcraft!

Best Regards,

Game Master Droovas
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support

First of all, I find it humorous that "Game Master Droovas" apparently believes that I'm playing World of Warcraft and not Diablo III. I called Blizzard again and they once again stated that they can't handle account suspensions/bans over the phone and I have to submit a ticket.

At this point I have no idea what to do. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Have you ever had a WoW account tied to whatever e-mail address is trying to be used for Diablo 3?

Macmanus

Exactly ... either buff all other classes so they're as viable as the DH, or nerf the DH to the other classes level. I complain as a monk. WD have it really bad too though and Barbarians are only slightly better than monks.

It's just stupid having one class be so much more viable at cheaper prices.

I'm going to wait for the IAS nerf and the inferno re-balance before I start yelling for DH nerfs. Hopefully Blizzard is doing the same. I don't have a DH, but know the feeling of having your class neutered. It's not fun.

MrDaravon

So after a full hour of re-loading The Keep Depths (the first floor mind you) I literally cannot get a floor that does not have an Elite Soul Ripper pack on it, and I cannot kill them, flat out. So after an hour I have a net loss of about 30k due to repair costs, and only a total of about 8 blues that were dogshit. And this was after grinding for something like 30 hours to get through Act 2. Please, tell me more about how OP Demon Hunters are.

ParityBit

I'm fine with that. Though I think that's a lot less likely.

A. I think it's more difficult to balance the buffing of 4 classes instead of nerfing 1.
B. I think they, Blizz, wants us all to be having as much difficulty in inferno as the monk class. I don't think they want to buff everyone and have infno be a cake walk.

I have a monk too. Actually plan on having all 5 class, especially since its a piece of cake to get a 60. (just a little bit of time) Flavors of the month are so much more easy in this game than in D2. Since there is no level grind.

It's fine though, in time we will have a necro redux with a class that get nerfed into nothing because of people crying nerf.

w00t

the 400k gold ring I bought and re-listed for 1.5 million actually sold, up to 3.6 million gold now and still need more to get a 1200 dps one hander :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom