• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly ... either buff all other classes so they're as viable as the DH, or nerf the DH to the other classes level. I complain as a monk. WD have it really bad too though and Barbarians are only slightly better than monks.

It's just stupid having one class be so much more viable at cheaper prices.

Higher gear levels down the road will make melee way better than DHs (and to an extent Wizards, which I think are probably more OP.)

It may be hard for melee now, but when they finally hit the gear thresholds for tanking stuff, they'll be able to farm reliably without much worry for death while DHs, even with more tanky gear, would still only be able to take 1-2 hits max and have to be on edge all the time.

Tanks with bad gear now will get good gear eventually, and become unstoppable. Glass cannons will still be glass cannons, even with more DPS.

Ferrio

Banned
Higher gear levels down the road will make melee way better than DHs (and to an extent Wizards, which I think are probably more OP.)

It may be hard for melee now, but when they finally hit the gear thresholds for tanking stuff, they'll be able to farm reliably without much worry for death while DHs, even with more tanky gear, would still only be able to take 1-2 hits max and have to be on edge all the time.

Tanks with bad gear now will get good gear eventually, and become unstoppable. Glass cannons will still be glass cannons, even with more DPS.

Pretty much. Ya I can clear act 4 shit, but it's infuriating to do so and just not fun.

kagete

The only class that needs a buff is the barb. And that's because it badly needs some variety in its visual presentation and skill design. I'm 100% convinced that Blizzard phoned the barbarian class in since they assumed most diablo 2 vets would want to play one of the "classic" classes regardless while they spent all that design work on making the other classes look awesome.

-armor design ranges from mediocre to shit
-skill design and variety are limited (have fun trying to escape cookie cutter builds in inferno)
-skill visual and sound design are extremely limited.Where other classes have runes significantly altering a skill's visual effects and sound, barbs have absolutely nothing that wows you once you get over the bass and crunch of hitting enemies. Monks have lots of mediocre skills but damn don't they look great and blizz sure put in a lot of effort animating combo hits for their spirit generators while barbs only get the same 2 canned animations for swinging left/right that are reused repeatedly. WD's runes give you whole new skills to play with, like the 3man zombie luchador elbow drop that is the single best attack skill in diablo3, nay, in all of ARPG-gaming. Almost all barb skills are unchanged in appearance regardless of rune.
-dash and sprint icons are just reversed/color-swapped. This is some dota2 beta MSPaint level of phoning it in.
-fembarb screams like little girl when she dies. Skweeeeeeee!
-there is no sense of feeling more powerful or having skill diversity as you unlock more skills and runes.

Blizzard should patch-in some better animations or at least promise that in the expansion because this is the biggest issue with barbs right now. I don't care about IAS nerfs or loot buffs, I just want my fembarb to actually look and sounds awesome :((

For a Witch Doctor with 1100 something Int and an 842 damage weapon.......how much of a dps increase might there be with an 1100 damage weapon upgrade?

I have a monk too. Actually plan on having all 5 class, especially since its a piece of cake to get a 60. (just a little bit of time) Flavors of the month are so much more easy in this game than in D2. Since there is no level grind.

It's fine though, in time we will have a necro redux with a class that get nerfed into nothing because of people crying nerf.

Like I said ... I would be fine with a buff of other classes. I just think it's very unlikely.

Macattk15

Nope. It's a brand new battle.net account.

That is real weird then. Got any other credit/debit cards?

If not, call Blizzard again and clearly explain to them that you've been back and forth between their departments. You might of done that already .... if so, then tell Blizzard to stop being a bunch of idiots.

Keep calling until you find a customer service person who can be helpful.

Umm I keep hearing this, but I think the statment undervalues how difficult it is to gear a melee class. I've seem many monks on this very forum change classes for the very reason that it costs WAY too much to be viable.

Pretty much. Ya I can clear act 4 shit, but it's infuriating to do so and just not fun.

So why play a DH? If you don't like kiting and dying in one hit while dealing massive damage, why play the class? Seems like an exercise in frustration.

GPsych

That is real weird then. Got any other credit/debit cards?

If not, call Blizzard again and clearly explain to them that you've been back and forth between their departments. You might of done that already .... if so, then tell Blizzard to stop being a bunch of idiots.

Keep calling until you find a customer service person who can be helpful.

Thanks for the response, appreciate it. It's really weird. Never had a problem with Blizzard on my account. I guess worst case scenario is that I dispute the charge on my credit card so I don't lose the $64. Sucks a lot though.

Ferrio

Banned
So why play a DH? If you don't like kiting and dying in one hit while dealing massive damage, why play the class? Seems like an exercise in frustration.

Cause I have it, and I don't feel like leveling another character. Not to mention I'm not playing a lot.

GJS

So after a full hour of re-loading The Keep Depths (the first floor mind you) I literally cannot get a floor that does not have an Elite Soul Ripper pack on it, and I cannot kill them, flat out. So after an hour I have a net loss of about 30k due to repair costs, and only a total of about 8 blues that were dogshit. And this was after grinding for something like 30 hours to get through Act 2. Please, tell me more about how OP Demon Hunters are.

Almost everyone has to skip soul rippers, there are some affix combos which are okay, but most of them you just have to kite to a corner and skip.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Has there been any update on when 1.0.3 is expected to drop?

Jrmint

Interesting how a lot of the DH builds use pretty much the same 5 skills and a freebie. Perhaps with some different runes on the first 5, but most people are pretty much locked into Hungering Arrow, Elemental Arrow, Smoke Screen, Preperation, and Companion.
Not Caltrops with tortured ground? I couldn't imagine doing my Inferno Runs without that.

I've got 40k dps with 1740 int, 840 dps 1h, 99-379 mojo, 2.03 attack speed and fuck all crit. Shoot for more int and crit I guess.

Your attack speed is higher than mine, I believe I have 1.8

But buying more AS gear would be foolish at this point until the changes are known

Vodh

Are 12% Movement Speed boots a thing for DH's now? Am I way better of sacrificing ~70 dex and some vit and some other stuff just to get the 12% MS?

HomShaBom

Banned
Anyone who knows they can do it willing to help me out with inferno Belial? I'm a WD with 29k dps using youtube videos and I can't even get past phase 1. Been trying for days and I'm ready to break some shit.

I will pay gold, name your price. US servers.

nitric0

Price check please
barb_belt.jpg

RDreamer

Anyone who knows they can do it willing to help me out with inferno Belial? I'm a WD with 29k dps using youtube videos and I can't even get past phase 1. Been trying for days and I'm ready to break some shit.

I will pay gold, name your price. US servers.

I could help in a bit. Unfortunately I'm about to get on a conference call for work, though :(

Add RDreamer#1621, and if you still need help later I'd be glad to.

Thanks for the response, appreciate it. It's really weird. Never had a problem with Blizzard on my account. I guess worst case scenario is that I dispute the charge on my credit card so I don't lose the $64. Sucks a lot though.

Call back and just explain that you've gone through all avenues and nobody's helped you and you want either the phone number of a person who can help you or a supervisor

Not Caltrops with tortured ground? I couldn't imagine doing my Inferno Runs without that.
Yeah I love this one when running Whimsy, really allows me to decimate the mobs and slow down those ponies that can come at you really fast sometimes. I also don't run companion but I think I should for the hatred regen.

Are 12% Movement Speed boots a thing for DH's now? Am I way better of sacrificing ~70 dex and some vit and some other stuff just to get the 12% MS?
I like having the movement speed because it's just really useful with keeping the champ packs as far away as possible. Not positive but if you are running Tactical Advantage as the passive, the 60% boost you receive is put against your total movement speed which means even more speed? Someone else can confirm that though.

TommyT

This makes me doubt the viability of the supposed datamine actually. Either that, or the nerf is really going to piss me off.

Lets make the DH an even more viable build for cheap infnero while further complicating my class (among others). ARGAGAGARgghaghagp9

I guess I shouldn't be too upset yet, because they're also affecting difficulty curve, which might mean a more balanced inferno experience anyway.

You don't know what you're talking about.

TommyT

Yeah I don't use a companion unless I'm in Act 1, and even then it's the ferrets. Also, I always have caltrops with the snare, such an amazing skill.

Yes and no. Depends on where that loss will put you and how you're playing. I went from 13x dex, 12x vit, 53 all resist boots to 13x dex, 6x vit, 29 all resist and 12% move speed and both have their place. In general I use the move speed boots until I find a mob where I need more hp and resist (see: soul lashers) and then doesn't matter if I can out run them if I can't take their damage.

Luckily, I found mine and didn't have to pay. If you have the gold though might invest in them.

Well, they'd be cheaper if not for market prices being so slanted against them :x

Glass cannon wise, anyway...

Shhhh I like the quiver prices right now! I can get good (60ish) dex, 15x vit, 7+%life, 15% aspd, and +disc for sub 100k!

GPsych

Call back and just explain that you've gone through all avenues and nobody's helped you and you want either the phone number of a person who can help you or a supervisor

Jesus. For the last 30 minutes I've been getting the message "currently the hold queue is full and we cannot take your call. Please call back later." Either everyone and their dogs are hitting the Blizzard customer service phonelines or Blizzard customer support really sucks.

Ferrio

Banned
Well, they'd be cheaper if not for market prices being so slanted against them :x

Glass cannon wise, anyway...

They're cheap to outfit. The only thing remotely pricey is a bow, and you can get a good one for a mil. Everything else you can get pretty cheap since DH doesn't rely on many stats.

Vodh

They're cheap to outfit. The only thing remotely pricey is a bow, and you can get a good one for a mil. Everything else you can get pretty cheap since DH doesn't rely on many stats.

IDK about later on, but as far as act 1 inferno goes, right now DK's are probably most expensive to outfit. You can get the allresists for barb or monk that will last you till the end of act 1 for spare change, and wizards/WD's are almost just as easy stat-wise, and cheaper than DH's.

Ferrio

Banned
IDK about later on, but as far as act 1 inferno goes, right now DK's are probably most expensive to outfit. You can get the allresists for barb or monk that will last you till the end of act 1 for spare change, and wizards/WD's are almost just as easy stat-wise, and cheaper than DH's.

What is so bloody expensive that you need for act one for a DH? You don't even need an expensive bow.

TommyT

Pretty sure you haven't looked too recently. Something like that would be an easy 500k.

Ok, it was a slight hyperbole. I actually looked at lunch for an upgrade and there was one that didn't have a bid for 135k with some stupid buyout. And quite a few others that weren't quite as good stat wise but still very cheap.

What is so bloody expensive that you need for act one for a DH? You don't even need an expensive bow.

Well, not every DH wants to stay in act 1. So there's the first issue here.

scy

Starting off? I'd say they're the cheapest (or one of; hell, my DH is still in shitty Gold Find equipment for Inferno). Their later pieces aren't as cheap, however. But I guess we're also looking at just really high prices across the board at that point anyway.

Ferrio

Banned
Starting off? I'd say they're the cheapest. Their later pieces aren't as cheap, however. But I guess we're also looking at just really high prices across the board at that point anyway.

I'm wearing bargain basement stuff right now and do act 4 (though haven't attempted diablo, don't even care to).

Only thing remotely pricey is my bow which was 1.5 mil.

Thing is you don't need to cover all your bases with DH

-Defense/vitality? Who the hell needs
-Life on hit? Don't need
-Resistances? Don't need
-High dex? DONT NEED

THings you need:
-Crit
-Crit damage
-Decent Dex (I'm rolling with 1700 right now?)
-Max discipline

TP

Anybody want to goblin farm in act 2?
Goblin outside of Alcarnus minimum 200% magic find

ToxicPunch#1963 NA, im also in the Gaf mumble server NA room 6

I'll be on in about 20 minutes

TommyT

I'm wearing bargain basement stuff right now and do act 4 (though haven't attempted diablo, don't even care to).

Only thing remotely pricey is my bow which was 1.5 mil.

Thing is you don't need* to cover all your bases with DH

-Defense/vitality? Who the hell needs
-Life on hit? Don't need
-Resistances? Don't need
-High dex? DONT NEED

THings you need:
-Crit
-Crit damage
-Decent Dex
-Max discipline

:lol

*needs citation

TommyT

You may laugh, but I get 5 stacks of NV in act 4. Beat izual etc. You don't need it.

You still don't get it, and it's clear you never will. So carry on.

edit: I'll be generous. You're dealing in definitives and blanket statements as if there's no other viable way to play the class.

Ferrio

Banned

edit: I'll be generous. You're dealing in definitives and blanket statements as if there's no other viable way to play the class.

I'm not saying there isn't any other ways. But that doesn't mean you can't play DH dirt cheap, other classes don't have that option.

scy

Which is why I said glass cannon wise, they're relatively cheap. They're just as expensive for more fleshed out builds.

Rufus

You show that pleb, guy.
He's proven your point wrong and all you have to offer is condescension? Yes, if you don't want to die all the time, survivability is clearly an important factor and doesn't come cheap. If you don't, the class allows you to cheapskate your way through Inferno. You're the one insisting on the survivability route because it preserves your position as being the more valid of the two.

Sorry if this is a bit scathing, but fuck...

scy

So why is it expensive to outfit a monk? It seems like it would be cheaper because of their passive that boost all res.

Well, people know about that passive so things get priced accordingly. And this also makes it sound like "get enough Resistances, you win!" and that line of thinking is basically why prices are kind of screwed up and why people find Inferno as hard as they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom