• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
ijYGwsYmvPqiB.png

I wonder how much dps I'm going to lose after the patch. :(

Holy shit. I wonder how people get all these items, you need millions to get this stuff. :(

Totakeke

Interestingly enough, no one seems to have figured out how long the rez timer takes to reset yet. Seems like it has several factors than just time spent.

scy

I farm the AH. There's no soul rippers or oppressors on the AH.

(this is so much better for my wrist as well)

This is basically why I have a 60 of all classes (or will soon, I guess). At least one can easy mode farm everything.

Though, really, they all can right now (at least Act 1-Act 2, parts of Act 3) so I guess it'll mostly be how I want to melt faces in the end.

Interestingly enough, no one seems to have figured out how long the rez timer takes to reset yet. Seems like it has several factors than just time spent.

Decays over time, progression, and killing elite packs as far as I know. I haven't checked too much on everything since I tend to die in bulk and then never again until the next scheduled 3+ deaths :|

Sorry but, the other thread is slow and I would like some advice / would like to see if anyone here wants it first.

F1vt5.jpg

The STR and VIT are so high in comparison to things that were going for 4 mil with all resist. I've just never sold anything for this much gold. I"m on my way to work, but I"m hoping when I get in someone will have a recommended asking price or express some interest.

Thanks in advance!

jkoch

I finished Act 2 as well but had to group for Belial. Most normal enemies are fine, but I spent a ton of time leaping and charging from checkpoint to checkpoint. Trying to save up for some gear now, mostly been goblin farming Act 2.

Anyone know of some easy Act 3 Farms?

I was responding to someone who thinks he needs 1-2M upgrades to do A2.

I was able to do A2 pretty much normally, not leaping and charging from checkpoint to checkpoint, in pretty cheap gear. Of course there were a few elites that I just had to skip, but I killed most of them. I have roughly 400 resists, 55k life, and 10k dps.

DSmalls84

I was responding to someone who thinks he needs 1-2M upgrades to do A2.

I was able to do A2 pretty much normally, not leaping and charging from checkpoint to checkpoint, in pretty cheap gear. Of course there were a few elites that I just had to skip, but I killed most of them. I have roughly 400 resists, 55k life, and 10k dps.

Hmm not sure why I had trouble then. I have 400 resist all, 40k life, 18.5k damage. Maybe because I played in groups of 3-4 the life/damage scale made it a lot harder.

Edit: 400 resist is before War Cry.

DSmalls84

Sorry but, the other thread is slow and I would like some advice / would like to see if anyone here wants it first.

F1vt5.jpg

The STR and VIT are so high in comparison to things that were going for 4 mil with all resist. I've just never sold anything for this much gold. I"m on my way to work, but I"m hoping when I get in someone will have a recommended asking price or express some interest.

Thanks in advance!

I got a similar helm and the main difference is that it had less armor. I think I paid somewhere from 500-700k for it.

Revoh

I almost beat Diablo inferno with my tank barb yesterday, the fucker always killed me on phase 3 with 25%ish life. I'm gonna try again tonight after work. I know I will kill him today :)

scosher

I wouldn't be surprised if it's like Wizard's Archon ability. ie. It has a set timer to reset, but that timer gets reduced as you kill mobs, or perhaps only elite packs. And of course, if you die, timer starts back at zero.

I got a similar helm and the main difference is that it had less armor. I think I paid somewhere from 500-700k for it.

That's wild.

I searched 3 parameters:

STR
VIT
ALL RES

and lowballed the base to get an idea of price. Nothing even showed up in the million range. Meh ... if that's the case I'll go toss it up for a mill and see if it moves.

DSmalls84

That's wild.

I searched 3 parameters:

STR
VIT
ALL RES

and lowballed the base to get an idea of price. Nothing even showed up in the million range. Meh ... if that's the case I'll go toss it up for a mill and see if it moves.

I think the value is less than you think, because it isn't socketed so you can't add the 12% life bonus.

I think the value is less than you think, because it isn't socketed so you can't add the 12% life bonus.

None of the comparables had sockets in them either. I was finding it hard to see such high value in it as well. Maybe I'll put it up for 750k min and no max buyout and see what happens.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Please excuse english language not first language but second language in langauge studys for my person.

Blizzard are being rascist because there are no gay orientation males or females that are into lesbianism. Also transgendered manwoman are not present in sanctuary location

I beleive this no correct to perceive society for gender only man on woman and no man on man or woman on woman and may create incorrect perception of no gay or lesbian or transgendered persons in sanctuary realm of diablo video game entertainment.

How come in worlds of warcrafts there are gay man elf but no in diablo three?

Official D3 forums are best forums in the universe.

inky

None of the comparables had sockets in them either. I was finding it hard to see such high value in it as well. Maybe I'll put it up for 750k min and no max buyout and see what happens.

Put it up for a couple of million, then down from there. The resists is low, but it all depends on what people value for their specific build or what they can afford at the time. Socketed + Vit/STR helms are super valuable for a reason, but it's not what all people buy.

Yiorgos

I farm the AH. There's no soul rippers or oppressors on the AH.

(this is so much better for my wrist as well)

Did you accidentally swap your main weapon for a junk one?

No i checked that. My spells are the same but they do way less damage.Dont know what to do? any ideas?

Anyone with both a Barbarian and Monk in Act 3 Inferno? I have a Monk there and can progress but am mulling a huge buy-in and not sure if it is worth it (given the price of dex-based DPS gear due to Demon Hunters) versus just leveling a Barbarian, which overall seems like a structurally more sound (read: better designed) melee class for Inferno play given a large bankroll ( 80-100m ).

Also, PC on the following quiver:

75 dex
70 vitality
+7 Max Discipline
14% IAS
Open Socket
8.0% Increased Chance to Crit
+5% Life

It would be better w/ base dex of 110, more max disc and the full 15% IAS but the itemization overall is pretty killer. Couldn't find anything really comparable on the AH due to limited search scope-believe me I tried.

scy

No i checked that. My spells are the same but they do way less damage.Dont know what to do? any ideas?

You repaired and you're certain you didn't accidentally change any of your equipment? In that case, I'd have to say you didn't do one of those two things. There's pretty much nothing else to check honestly. Spell damage is based off your Weapon so if your damage "suddenly dropped" then your Weapon either broke or you equipped a terrible one.

Only other thing is you lost a Rune or a Passive you had going but there's none I can think of early game that would go from "I can kill things" to "Everything takes no damage."

Put it up for a couple of million, then down from there. The resists is low, but it all depends on what people value for their specific build or what they can afford at the time. Socketed + Vit/STR helms are super valuable for a reason, but it's not what all people buy.

Maybe there just isn't much up. I'll check for comparables again at lunch when I get home. If nothing changes, I'll do that.

Anyone with both a Barbarian and Monk in Act 3 Inferno? I have a Monk there and can progress but am mulling a huge buy-in and not sure if it is worth it (given the price of dex-based DPS gear due to Demon Hunters) versus just leveling a Barbarian, which overall seems like a structurally more sound (read: better designed) melee class for Inferno play given a large bankroll ( 80-100m ).

75 dex
70 vitality
+7 Max Discipline
14% IAS
Open Socket
+5% Life

It would be better w/ base dex of 110, more max disc and the full 15% IAS but the itemization overall is pretty killer. Couldn't find anything really comparable on the AH due to limited search scope-believe me I tried.

That seems pretty .... godly.

Started inferno with my Wizard. No problems except that elite mobs are....interesting.

Going to muck around with some different builds and get my vit up a bit. My DPS is in the pocket, just need more life.

Neki

75 dex
70 vitality
+7 Max Discipline
14% IAS
Open Socket
+5% Life

Search 110 dex, 7 max disc and 8% increased crit. Just look at quivers with bids and how long they've been up and match yours against them. I'd put the worth at least 6 mil, maybe close to 10m on the top end. You could put a 3 mil bid, 15mil buyout and see what happens, or you could try selling it on the RMAH.

scosher

Started inferno with my Wizard. No problems except that elite mobs are....interesting.

Going to muck around with some different builds and get my vit up a bit. My DPS is in the pocket, just need more life.

Work on mitigation more than Vit. If your mitigation is good enough, Wizards can get by with lower health pools than other classes because of Force Armor.

scy

wait, so if you crit with the right hand weapon, you will get the both weapons crit damage bonus ?

It's a globally tracked stat, not weapon dependent. You have a total "This is how much damage my crits do" bonus and not a "This is how much this weapon's crits do" one.

DSmalls84

So for a Barb in Inferno i'm guessing LOH becomes a mandatory stat? I'm trying to save up now for a new weapon with it but as of now I only have 275 total.
I know 10k armor/1k resist are what you should target, but what damage and health do you need for Act III/IV? I'm at 18.5k damage now but it looks like i might have to sacrafice some for hp/Resist.

Yes. And, if you dual wield two of these, that's +180% (+90% from each). Same for Life on Hit.

So what's the motivation behind a two handed weapon for a monk? Just DPS? You lose the shield with armor and stat, and you also lose the dual wield weapon with stats and sockets for LOH.

It's a nice helm man and If I hadn't just bought one would have made you an offer.

I'm just glad it's worth something. Farming act I inferno has been rather fruitless so far.
DSmalls84 said:
So for a Barb in Inferno i'm guessing LOH becomes a mandatory stat? I'm trying to save up now for a new weapon with it but as of now I only have 275 total.
I know 10k armor/1k resist are what you should target, but what damage and health do you need for Act III/IV? I'm at 18.5k damage now but it looks like i might have to sacrafice some for hp/Resist.

For me, I started looking for weapons with sockets for the LOH gems. Amulets can have high LOH too.

eek5

So what's the motivation behind a two handed weapon for a monk? Just DPS? You lose the shield with armor and stat, and you also lose the dual wield weapon with stats and sockets for LOH.

I'm just glad it's worth something. Farming act I inferno has been rather fruitless so far.

I don't think there is any incentive to use a 2H over DW or sword and board for monks

edit: other than lower price:dps ratio I guess

scy

Better per hit damage so Life Steal% on area of effect skills is better. I guess.

Honestly, DWing just seems to be the more intended route for end-game Monks rather than 2H. Maybe at really ridiculous stats it won't matter.

DSmalls84

Yeah I was selling my Act 1 loot a lot faster a few weeks ago when not as many people were at Butcher and didn't have access to as much Resist All gear.

Better per hit damage so Life Steal% on area of effect skills is better. I guess.

Honestly, DWing just seems to be the more intended route for end-game Monks rather than 2H. Maybe at really ridiculous stats it won't matter.

I dual wield and have 1100 LOH with 2.6 or so APS. I could see going to a more defenseive build with higher armor, resists and stats by putting in a shield. I would be sacrificing some LOH and APS. A 2H weapon just seems like a lost slot to me really. Maybe if it had a ton of dex, LOH, Lifesteal and high DPS.

LordCanti

Sooo...I just realized that I gave my Templar this like the third day the game was live:

i1yp6NeHIPzNG.jpg

Is the DPS too low, or does the LOH + Life Steal + Socket make it worth selling? :p

I can't believe I wasted this on the scumbag templar for so long.

Not to put salt on your wounds, but it's even worse for a follower since it has no stats on it :p

As a DH, all I really need the templar to do is live lol.

scosher

Sooo...I just realized that I gave my Templar this like the third day the game was live:

i1yp6NeHIPzNG.jpg

Is the DPS too low, or does the LOH + Life Steal + Socket make it worth selling? :p

I can't believe I wasted this on the scumbag templar for so long.

Not to put salt on your wounds, but it's even worse for a follower since it has no stats on it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom