• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: If I got the blood of Zultan Kulle from the Vault of the Assassin, can I quit the game and come back to grab the one from the Cave of Betrayal later, or am I forced to redo the Vault of the Assassin?

parasight

So with everything on High except Shadows, and AA off (not really necessary at this resolution), I can get about 23FPS in what I would consider a busy area (Rakkis Crossing). This is at 2880x1800. Definitely playable.

However, I couldn't seem to find a mouse tracking speed configuration. The cursor seems a bit slow and too small. It often gets lost at such a high resolution.

LordCanti

Same. Mine had a buyout option though. It's been there for a day at least.

It kind of makes sense for an item that has a buyout. How does one that doesn't have a buyout disappear though? =/

It makes me wonder if there isn't some method out there to cancel an auction that is in progress. Either on the sellers side, or the buyers side.

Oh wait, I misunderstood what you said originally. I mean mine's still there, with a bid of 0. It's timed out and everything, but it's still there.
Yours might expire and stay there, just like mine did.

Oh, yeah, that's not the issue here. This hasn't expired, it's just...in limbo. It exists, yet it doesn't exist. The auction has time left on it, yet no bids are allowed.

Whatever happened to cause this, it cost me the $100 or so I'd have hopefully sold the item for ;_;

Rufus

It kind of makes sense for an item that has a buyout. How does one that doesn't have a buyout disappear though? =/
Oh wait, I misunderstood what you said originally. I mean mine's still there, with a bid of 0. It's timed out and everything, but it's still there.
Yours might expire and stay there, just like mine did.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I hate doing this, but I think I need a price check - AH is no help, as the stuff on there is priced all over the place, dunno whats selling and what isn't. Heck I cant even tell if this stuff is crap or not

I have a feeling they're mostly crap, just wanna make sure before I commit my worst fear and vendor something that's actually worth a bajillion dollars.

MutFox

Banned
It makes me wonder if there isn't some method out there to cancel an auction that is in progress. Either on the sellers side, or the buyers side.

Someone I know said that changing the time on your PC can change your auctions.
Though I don't think that's possible and told the person that it's not possible...
Unless Blizzard really screwed up.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
My goal is to keep my resists at 1100 ish, and raise my DPS to 15k, so I'm equally balanced as a DPS barb and tank barb, problem is you need 6 affixes on items and they all have to be good rolls. becomes super expensive or tedious to find.

I've got between 800 - 1100 on all resists with Warcry on, but like I said in a previous post, I'm starting to doubt these resists are even doing much in Act III. The damage I take from any random fireball/elemental attack is just ridiculous.

I'm running around with 26k~ DPS using Battle Cry (+20%) while dual-wielding 730~ DPS 1.40 attacks per second swords. I'm not sure how much crit %/crit damage % is taken into account, but I'm at 41% critical hit chance and 210% critical hit damage increase.

My bracer still has no critical hit chance, so I hope to upgrade that soon, but it's hard to find a bracer with high all resists, decent strength and vitality, as well as 4% or more crit chance.

So with everything on High except Shadows, and AA off (not really necessary at this resolution), I can get about 23FPS in what I would consider a busy area (Rakkis Crossing). This is at 2880x1800. Definitely playable.

However, I couldn't seem to find a mouse tracking speed configuration. The cursor seems a bit slow and too small. It often gets lost at such a high resolution.

What happens when you play at half the resolution?

Question: If I got the blood of Zultan Kulle from the Vault of the Assassin, can I quit the game and come back to grab the one from the Cave of Betrayal later, or am I forced to redo the Vault of the Assassin?
When I tried that I had to redo the whole thing. But this game acts weird sometimes, so it could have been a fluke.

Just got to act 4 solo-ing inferno with my demon hunter, mother of all gods...

edited: checked my inbox, made another 20 bucks on random shit. RMAH is sweet.

I currently have a bow with 1205 dps with no other stats, but I was thinking about getting a cheaper bow with around 50 percent crit damage increase with slightly lower dps, but the problem is I don't know if I would be downgrading or upgrading my bow this way. I am not made of money so I cannot afford a 1200 dps bow with crit damage as well, so what is my best option? What is the perfect blend of lower dps and crit damage that would be an upgrade to my current bow? Thanks in advance for the advice guys.

p.s. I normally think the official forums are trash, but I really like this guy's ideas on itemization in the game. What do you all think?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578596868?page=1

That ring seems great for a monk stacking resistences. It's also got a sockets so they can up either the dex of vit the ring provides with it.

scy

Someone I know said that changing the time on your PC can change your auctions.
Though I don't think that's possible and told the person that it's not possible...
Unless Blizzard really screwed up.

That was fixed not long ago.

So yeah, they did screw that one up for awhile :x

mercviper

I hate doing this, but I think I need a price check - AH is no help, as the stuff on there is priced all over the place, dunno whats selling and what isn't. Heck I cant even tell if this stuff is crap or not

I have a feeling they're mostly crap, just wanna make sure before I commit my worst fear and vendor something that's actually worth a bajillion dollars.

If you're NA I'd give you 20k for the bracers, simply because the MF is 1% better than what I have.

TommyT

First one is pure MF gear for someone/anyone since there is no primary stat. Could just throw it up for 5000/7500 or 7500/10k and sell it fast.

The second isn't terrible but there are no resists of any kind really so it's just someone wanting to buy it for their level 59. Vendor/Salvage or 2500/5000.

Nothing that really makes it worthwhile. The stats are nice, but without any crit, damage, aspd then it isn't worth much. You could sell it to someone wanting all resists and whatnot (might hold on till 1.03) but really you won't get much for it. It's a poor-man tank ring at best.

not sure about that specific part, but you can leave whenever it says "checkpoint reached". some quests have shorter checkpoints in between goals and some don't.

Cipherr

Umm I keep hearing this, but I think the statment undervalues how difficult it is to gear a melee class. I've seem many monks on this very forum change classes for the very reason that it costs WAY too much to be viable.

You keep hearing it because its true. Class envy aside, DH aren't going to get nerfed so long as this is the case. DH will be rocking kiting and glass cannon esque builds that take a couple hits max forever, because thats their only option. Thats not going to get nerfed unless massive buffs come for the class allowing a more tanky spec to be viable against stuff like offscreen charges from stuff in Act 4.

Your asking for a nerf that just wont happen because the current system for DH endgame play is their only option. Eventually with the right gear Monks and Barbs can and will laugh off elite packs of soul lashers and whatnot.

No matter the gear, demon hunters never will. Not with the class the way it is now.

Are 12% Movement Speed boots a thing for DH's now? Am I way better of sacrificing ~70 dex and some vit and some other stuff just to get the 12% MS?

It seems to be about the minimum needed to comfortably keep most packs nearly offscreen while kiting. Its very very noticeable. The reason I like keeping them offscreen is because of the A.I. The packs dont seem to actually use their abilities if they arent within a certain distance of you. I have killed packs with affixes like Freeze and Vortex and never seen them use it once, because I kited them the entire time.

Apparently their spells have a range. Not only that, but if you couple the kiting with the way range works when kiting south with the enemies NW or NE then it makes it that much easier.

7oNM4.jpg

See how you can have visibility of an enemy at nearly 100 yards if its Northwest of you or around 90 yards if its Northeast? But your viewable range is drastically lower if its anywhere south of you, nearly halved. I use this alot in Act 3 or in any open area where your in a field fighting packs. I always try to approach them so that they are at an angle and North of me. Keeps you from eating a spear or fireball you never saw coming.

Ferrio

Banned
See how you can have visibility of an enemy at nearly 100 yards if its Northwest of you or around 90 yards if its Northeast? But your viewable range is drastically lower if its anywhere south of you, nearly halved. I use this alot in Act 3 or in any open area where your in a field fighting packs. I always try to approach them so that they are at an angle and North of me. Keeps you from eating a spear or fireball you never saw coming.

Yep, going down anytime in Act 4 is a gamble.

Oppressor or Fallen Angel will insta-gib you with no time to react at anything less than 100. Not to mention Terror Demons who will insta-gib a DH no matter what. Most bullshit enemy in the game.

HomShaBom

Banned
wtf inferno enrage is such bullshit. I can't even run past these guy cause when I get in range I just fucking die just being near them, they don't even hit me, I was chillin shooting from a ledge.

You keep hearing it because its true. Class envy aside, DH aren't going to get nerfed so long as this is the case. DH will be rocking kiting and glass cannon esque builds that take a couple hits max forever, because thats their only option. Thats not going to get nerfed unless massive buffs come for the class allowing a more tanky spec to be viable against stuff like offscreen charges from stuff in Act 4.

Your asking for a nerf that just wont happen because the current system for DH endgame play is their only option. Eventually with the right gear Monks and Barbs can and will laugh off elite packs of soul lashers and whatnot.

No matter the gear, demon hunters never will. Not with the class the way it is now.

It seems to be about the minimum needed to comfortably keep most packs nearly offscreen while kiting. Its very very noticeable. The reason I like keeping them offscreen is because of the A.I. The packs dont seem to actually use their abilities if they arent within a certain distance of you. I have killed packs with affixes like Freeze and Vortex and never seen them use it once, because I kited them the entire time.

Apparently their spells have a range. Not only that, but if you couple the kiting with the way range works when kiting south with the enemies NW or NE then it makes it that much easier.

http://i.imgur.com/7oNM4.jpg[/IM

See how you can have visibility of an enemy at nearly 100 yards if its Northwest of you or around 90 yards if its Northeast? But your viewable range is drastically lower if its anywhere south of you, nearly halved. I use this alot in Act 3 or in any open area where your in a field fighting packs. I always try to approach them so that they are at an angle and North of me. Keeps you from eating a spear or fireball you never saw coming.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so am I seeing that the only way to feasibly play a DH is to not actually see the enemies? Is there a video demonstrating? I'm really curious.

Ferrio

Banned
Wait, so am I seeing that the only way to feasibly play a DH is to not actually see the enemies? Is there a video demonstrating? I'm really curious.

If your smokescreen is down, and you're not at max range to certain enemies.. yes you will die. Oppressors and Fallen angels (anything with instant travel) must always be kept at max range unless you're Smoke Screened. I'm sure the tongue bastards are the same way. Terror demons are completely invisible, and a DH is pretty much a free kill to them. Only way to survive is hope you dodge the first hit, then hit SS.

not sure about that specific part, but you can leave whenever it says "checkpoint reached". some quests have shorter checkpoints in between goals and some don't.
Okay, whew, I was able to leave safely. I am stressed out right now and I needed to regenerate a dungeon, which is why I was wondering.

Still trying to beat Act 2 Inferno before the nerf. It's required a lot of SCIENCE so far.

Sanic

I'm unfamiliar with how Blizzard supports their games. Will we get any additional content for free, or will everything be relegated to paid expansions?

I'm unfamiliar with how Blizzard supports their games. Will we get any additional content for free, or will everything be relegated to paid expansions?

They used to support them very well. We'll see with this one. I remember a blue post around release saying that D3 was 'content complete' and that what you paid for has been delivered.

Wizard friends,

Take a gander at my first legendary, a wand!

Too bad it sucks. Now since I know you're sizing up my stats, what do you make of them? I have around 600 resist all and 550 LoH in addition to what you see there.

theta11

Wizard friends,

Too bad it sucks. Now since I know you're sizing up my stats, what do you make of them? I have around 600 resist all and 550 LoH in addition to what you see there.

Not your stats I'm worried about, lol what sort of build is that? o_O Kinda like you got something to kite with then went with Disintegrate which isn't very good for kiting.

MutFox

Banned
Wizard friends,

Shouldn't have inspected the legendary until after the 1.0.3 patch... :/
(or so I've heard)

Zzoram

They may revamp some loot in patches but I think the only free content to be patched in will come after the last expansion. Diablo 2 had free significant changes patched in years after the expansion. There was a total revamp of the way the skill tree worked and tons of spells got buffed to be more viable. Crafting recipes kept getting added. Things like Super Diablo were added in a late patch as bonus end game content that maybe only 0.01% of the best geared players even saw nevermind beat. Super Diablo was like the secret pony level in that you had to find rare ingredients and craft then to trigger the event. A super powered version of Diablo, Mephisto and Baal showed up together outside town of Act 1 and gave even lvl 99 characters with uber loot trouble.

Rufus

Shouldn't have inspected the legendary until after the 1.0.3 patch... :/
(or so I've heard)
Identification doesn't roll the stats, it's just a thing they left in because it feels like you're unpacking gifts. Keep a bit of suspense up. An item will have whatever stats it has the moment it drops.

Not your stats I'm worried about, lol what sort of build is that? o_O Kinda like you got something to kite with then went with Disintegrate which isn't very good for kiting.

I wasn't kiting, I was burning down enemies with the double-wide beam, regen-ing AP with the magic missile 4AP on hit rune, and using teleport (with illusions) and force wave (with chance for enemy-centric extra waves) for defense. Armor is the one that boosts all resist and I was using the poison DOT rune on magic weapon at the time.

It's a moderately good build. I'm not married to it; I basically turn my whole skill build upside down every time I play. I would have made a couple of tweaks, but by the time I'd thought of them I already had a few stacks of NV.

TommyT

Just got a deal where it wanted to update my launcher. Anyone else?

edit: Or maybe it normally does that on Monday's, just not used to it :O.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I have only got 1 legendary (few weeks ago)
Then someone told me this yesterday and couldn't remember if I had to inspect or not.

Yeah, that's not how it works. Stats are determined when the items drops, which in turn was determined by your MF level at that time.

Zyzyxxz

Wizard friends,

I only about 500 intellience less than you but with glass cannon and magic weapon I hit 30K DPS. Though my weapon DPS is about 900.

I've been playing with 3 friends and we have all been farming Inferno A1 (Jail to Butcher) for a week.

None of us have gotten any drops better than what we have and none of us is able to survive enough to have fun in A2.

A) Progression should not be this bad.
B) The AH is not fun for me. Maybe it's fun for some, but I want to find items from killing monsters (which I haven't), not from scanning a spreadsheet simulator. And part of that is because...
C) The AH interface is horrible. There is no practical way to know what sort of price you should post something for, and not a decently reliable way to even search if you are interested in more than 3 affixes. Blizzard has an AH in WoW and people have built mods to improve its functionality immensely. They explicitly disallowed mods in this game, but released and AH that is horribly unfriendly, yet required to progress. I don't want to spend time doing this.
D) Saying that Inferno is a 'bonus mode,' so we shouldn't complain about it is fundamentally wrong. Your character only reaches level 60 right as Inferno mode is unlocked. By the time you hit 60, you have just beaten Hell and only then are you able to get NV buffs and have all of your skills unlocked. To say that all of the content that occurs once you've unlocked a full build and all of the mechanics is 'bonus content' is a cop out. "The game begins at 60" ought to be true, but instead it's more like: "The poorly thought out boss affixes (invulnerable, cough) and terrible balance (any build is viable! except most of them!) and progression really get highlighted at 60."
F) No Ubers? No anything at 60 or Inferno except for the same acts we've already ran? Really? I know that D2 didn't launch with bonus content at 60, but that game released years ago and the D2 maintenance team supposedly was smart enough to realize that people wanted something new at high level, not just doing the same Baal runs. It's just lazy design that I'm skipping the same cutscenes, running the same content, and there is literally NOTHING to distinguish Inferno from the rest of the game, except the balance is completely wrong.

Couldn't agree more with pretty much all of this. I'm really holding out hope for 1.0.3

rCIZZLE

ringea.png

Just got this as a drop. Do you guys know if there's a market for max GF and MF rings? Only 2 others on the AH and both are with high starting bids, somewhat better, and around 10m.

I only about 500 intellience less than you but with glass cannon and magic weapon I hit 30K DPS. Though my weapon DPS is about 900.

I don't usually use Glass Cannon, because then I would not be physically able to forego Blur, and I like having 2 passive slots to play with rather than just one (I always take Blur).

I currently have a bow with 1205 dps with no other stats, but I was thinking about getting a cheaper bow with around 50 percent crit damage increase with slightly lower dps, but the problem is I don't know if I would be downgrading or upgrading my bow this way. I am not made of money so I cannot afford a 1200 dps bow with crit damage as well, so what is my best option? What is the perfect blend of lower dps and crit damage that would be an upgrade to my current bow? Thanks in advance for the advice guys.

p.s. I normally think the official forums are trash, but I really like this guy's ideas on itemization in the game. What do you all think?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578596868?page=1

Also one more question for the more experienced DHs out there, how much max disc are you guys comfortable with? I have 50 disc right now but I was wondering if I could sacrifice some for more dps and still feel comfortable with the amount I have. Obviously this is a subjective thing, but I was wondering if there was a consensus on how much disc is usually sufficient.

Ferrio

Banned
Also one more question for the more experienced DHs out there, how much max disc are you guys comfortable with? I have 50 disc right now but I was wondering if I could sacrifice some for more dps and still feel comfortable with the amount I have.

Crit damage is one of the best dps boosts (outside of atk speed) you can get (as long asyou have a decent crit chance). If you're not sacrificing too much weapon damage it's a good trade.. As for Disc, I think 45 is the cut off.. anything below that and backup plan isn't the most efficient of the preparation runes (and you want it to be).

Cipherr

Also one more question for the more experienced DHs out there, how much max disc are you guys comfortable with? I have 50 disc right now but I was wondering if I could sacrifice some for more dps and still feel comfortable with the amount I have.

I have 40. Its decent but I would definitely love to have around 10 or 12 more. I just dont see myself being able to afford the gear with decent defensive stats and dps stats annnnnnd the max Disc I need. But I cannot live without at least enough to allow you to use something like SS, or Shadow power 3 times consecutively from a full tank. I feel like thats absolutely the minimum. You can do that with at least 38 IIRC.

50 disc must feel wonderful, especially if you are running Nightstalker.

Crit damage is one of the best dps boosts you can get (long as you have a good crit chance). Long as you're not sacrificing too much weapon damage. As for Disc, I think 45 is the cut off.. anything below that and backup plan isn't the most efficient of the preparation runes (and you want it to be).

God damn Ferrio thats a pretty good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom