• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far clearing Act 2 Inferno on my Wiz pretty easy. Yes I can get 2-3 shotted, but as long as I clear an area to kite, I can take out 99% of elite packs. Just did 6 in a row in that part where you have to disrupt the rituals and only died once.

I have about 18k DPS, 37khp, 60% overall dmg reduction, and 50% from all resists. Running a spec that is Blizz with snare rune, Venom Hydra, 5 Decoy Illusion, and 2 Decoy Teleport. Use Ray of Frost to finish stuff off. Passives are Cold Blooded, Glass Cannon, and Astral presence. Have about 300k in gear I bought at 59, with the best item being a 1k dps 2 handed axe I snipped on the AH for 100k. Oh yea having close to 2k life regen a sec is amazing for a kite/illusion build.

Hoping to clear this entire act and try Belial before the nerfs come tomorrow. Don't think you have to spend millions on the AH to get through inferno like so many people are claiming. Atleast not for Wizard, its totaly doable if you just take your time and learn the map. Here are my stats below, just dinged yesterday too. Hopefuly will never have to upgrade any of my gear and if Act 2 is the wall for gear then I should be good until the end.

Screenshot010.jpg

Tom Penny

Man I just missed the best monk weapon. Dude had to leave zero's off. 500 + life on hit 880 dps. 150+ inelligence and 150+ strength for a million flat :(

Argh, lag is making Act 2 so much harder than it already is. I can't manipulate enemies at all.

At least it's giving me a legitimate excuse why I couldn't beat it before the patch. :(

Vodh

The difference between range and melee is really awful. People just say get lots of all resist gear as if it's priced anywhere near affordable for your average player. You don't just need one piece of all resist, you need a whole set. I dropped my monk for a DH so fast once I hit inferno, and once my DH was 60 all I needed was a good weapon (900-1000) and I flew through Act 1 like it was nothing. Act 2 took some +disc gear so I could spam SS more often and now I'm in Act 3 feeling like I cheated.

The opportunity cost between the two progression paths is absurd. Sure you could spend millions (and what average player even has that to spend) to gear up a melee, but why not spend 1/10th of the gold for a ranged char that can do the job so much better. And then you can farm for items to sell/use for your melee since you never had the gold to outfit them anyway. 1.03 will obviously change a lot of this, but it was just silly before.

You make some good points.

But in the end it's just a matter of preference. With 1.0.3 hopefully addressing some of the melee issues (and hitting the ranged glass cannons in the face with repair costs) I'm quite optimistic.

I've levelled everyone to 60. My first character was a barb and once I hit the first wall of inferno Act 1 I started another char. Now that I've got everyone at 60 (and mind you i've got every character geared, so even with sharing wiz/WD sets I don't have any insane money to pour into my barb or anything like that) I came back to him, played around for a few hours - and boy, are those glass cannons squishy! Getting gear for act 1 is easy for everyone even if only with the money you make playing through Hell, and now after coming back to my barb for a while the only char I even consider as my other choice for a main is the monk. Sure 103 has a big impact on my expectations, but I just don't think dying to a sneeze of a fallen feels very nephalem at all.

You make some good points.

But in the end it's just a matter of preference. With 1.0.3 hopefully addressing some of the melee issues (and hitting the ranged glass cannons in the face with repair costs) I'm quite optimistic.

I've levelled everyone to 60. My first character was a barb and once I hit the first wall of inferno Act 1 I started another char. Now that I've got everyone at 60 (and mind you i've got every character geared, so even with sharing wiz/WD sets I don't have any insane money to pour into my barb or anything like that) I came back to him, played around for a few hours - and boy, are those glass cannons squishy! Getting gear for act 1 is easy for everyone even if only with the money you make playing through Hell, and now after coming back to my barb for a while the only char I even consider as my other choice for a main is the monk. Sure 103 has a big impact on my expectations, but I just don't think dying to a sneeze of a fallen feels very nephalem at all.

Oh yeah that was the one thing I did fail to mention, my DH was in Act 3 inferno sure, but it was definitely a case of getting touched and dying instantly to everything. It *feels* more fun not to have to avoid every single attack and particle effect, but at the end of the day I'd rather be able to progress and farm even if I have to play carefully. I do think 1.03 will change it for the better, but before if you could spend an equal amount on gear for a monk and demon hunter, there's no way the Demon Hunter isn't better off in terms of bang for the buck.

inky

So, kind of a double question guys:

How much DPS (%) am I going to lose approx. This is my current wep, and I also have 15% IAS ring. DPS is about 12k with defensive passives, APS is about 1.98.

Nwwzo.png

Second question, I should be using the ones on the right, right?

amab1.png

The problem is, my armor is low I think (around 8.5k buffed) already, while my resists are already at 1-1.1k (buffed as well).

Man, I really need some new gear.

Sarcasm

My wizard can't even do pubic games without dying over and over. I have roughly 15K HP and 3K DPS...in hell btw.

What can I do? I have no gold to buy on AH since I spend it mainly on my repairs.

Totakeke

Cheap glass cannon builds can't really kill bosses. They're in act 4? They probably didn't get there by themselves.

But obviously people don't really care about bosses. It's all the farming potential for RMAH baby!

Sarcasm

I never get any loot worth anything. I have no gold. So how do I increase my stats when all I get is low end junk in NM/Hell?

rCIZZLE

I feel like all my stuff is going to be worthless tomorrow when everybody can easily farm the best stuff in the game. My DH isn't even that expensive and he stomps pretty much everything in the game. (minus a couple lame mods like reflect damage) He doesn't even have much IAS so that nerf barely effects him.

9 rares, 8 of them iL60 or under in A3. Cool.

If everybody got good drops all the time then they'd be worthless.

I never get any loot worth anything. I have no gold. So how do I increase my stats when all I get is low end junk in NM/Hell?

How much is "no gold"? If you have a couple hundred k you can buy the gear to farm act 1 very efficiently. If you don't then clear Act 4 hell to get gold.

VincentA#1825

Start a game and add me up if you have time. I can play for about 20-30 minutes. I'll jump in with my Inferno wizard and help you out. Might have some equipment I can toss your way also.

Also, I have a rare belt that I tried selling no one wanted. Not sure if any good really, but I'm about ready to just toss to a merchant. If anyone here is interested though, it is all yours. Stats:

216 Armor
+123 Str
+29 Cold Resist
+55 Resist All Elements
Melee Attackers take 178 damage per hit
Increase critical hit chance of revenge by 5%

alife

Glass cannons die often, you die once and you need to restart the boss fight. What's confusing?

Wrong.
JOUS3.jpg

Just downed Azmodan.
Edit: I'm a cheap glass cannon.

What's this worth? (Gold AH). I don't really have an idea 'cept I saw something similar for 8mil. The lack of ASI and Crit Dmg Bonus makes it meh to me.
OAezK.jpg

ElyrionX

Longer than ranged != effective for a melee.

Neither Monk or Barb can go toe to toe with elites in Act 3 because the damage is far too high at the moment. It's not tough, it's ridiculous. Most barbs with 1000+ resists and high blocks with gobs of HP still can't do Act 3 feasibly. My monk barely gets by right now using a hybrid evasion/mitigation build. Even if I can get NV5, it's a helluva lot more work than glass cannon DHs do to get it.

The way it is structured now encourages group play, IMO. I was teaming up with a barb yesterday doing Siegebreaker runs and he was tanking really well, taking a shitload of hits without dying, while I provided the DPS with my wiz. The barb was wearing fairly mediocre gear as well.

Prodigal

Banned
Am I dumb for continuing to use Hammer of the Ancients in Inferno? It's difficult to tell if I gain or lose DPS when I lay off the Frenzy to get some hammers in.

Kyoufu

Longer than ranged != effective for a melee.

Neither Monk or Barb can go toe to toe with elites in Act 3 because the damage is far too high at the moment. It's not tough, it's ridiculous. Most barbs with 1000+ resists and high blocks with gobs of HP still can't do Act 3 feasibly. My monk barely gets by right now using a hybrid evasion/mitigation build. Even if I can get NV5, it's a helluva lot more work than glass cannon DHs do to get it.

I don't understand this statement.

Actually I don't understand what you said at all. Are you saying tanks can't tank? Because I can build block % on my barb and tank Elite packs all day.

Well, I just ran the numbers, according to the new IAS changes. Before nerf my WD has 40,369.94 damage. After? 32,156.35. That's only from three pieces getting halved. Oh, why did I have to get these three items?!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That's why I said cheap. Though cheap is relative. How much dps do you think that a glass cannon build is still cheap?
I spent 150k on my weapon (And that is lower DPS with cold), then maybe like 250k on random gear with high dex. I'm in Act IV now.

Where as I need 2 mil per item for my original Monk, if not more. Weapon alone would need to be 15M

Neki

Well, I just ran the numbers, according to the new IAS changes. Before nerf my WD has 40,369.94 damage. After? 32,156.35. That's only from three pieces getting halved. Oh, why did I have to get these three items?!

Are you using a website or something? I want to look! D:

Totakeke

Wrong. Just downed Azmodan.

As in the previous post, cheap is relative. How much do you think your gear is worth? Someone said they got to act 4 in 450k in gear. I'm sure your gear is ten times more than that.

I spent 150k on my weapon (And that is lower DPS with cold), then maybe like 250k on random gear with high dex. I'm in Act IV now.

Where as I need 2 mil per item for my original Monk, if not more. Weapon alone would need to be 15M

Yeah, I don't disagree that melee take it up on the ass on spending money to gear.

Kyoufu

As in the previous post, cheap is relative. How much do you think your gear is worth? Someone said they got to act 4 in 450k in gear. I'm sure your gear is ten times more than that.

I'm not sure what you're arguing here. First you say glass cannons can't progress without help, now what are you saying?

Man this thread is confusing!

Im positive I will make it to Act 4 in 300k worth of gear as a Wizard that I have in the screenshot in the top of this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom