• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Is anyone on right now and having any problems? In a 4-player game and everything has just frozen; like a lag spike, except it's been like....2 minutes.

Totakeke

Barbarian.

Ah, I'm just trying to say that ranged is much cheaper to gear, but some people, due to the frustrations with the melee classes (totally understandable) is often overstating how easy it is to gear ranged to clear the game. Cheap (again, cheap is relative) gear can get you somewhere, but it often involves cheesing and resetting stuffs. And most bosses aren't really encounters that you can cheese without gearing up more from your cheap stuff.

Kyoufu

Ah, I'm just trying to say that ranged is much cheaper to gear, but some people, due to the frustrations with the melee classes (totally understandable) is often overstating how easy it is to gear ranged to clear the game. Cheap (again, cheap is relative) gear can get you somewhere, but it often involves cheesing and resetting stuffs. And most bosses aren't really encounters that you can cheese without gearing up more from your cheap stuff.

Nah, you can absolutely clear the game with cheap blues from the AH.

The problem really is when DH and Wizard friends of mine are farming in blues and instead of using upgrades they find, they just sell on the RMAH for profit. Hurts my soul :(

Ranged classes have it really easy right now. Who knows what the patch tomorrow will bring to the table.

Totakeke

Nah, you can absolutely clear the game with cheap blues from the AH.

The problem really is when DH and Wizard friends of mine are farming in blues and instead of using upgrades they find, they just sell on the RMAH for profit. Hurts my soul :(

Ranged classes have it really easy right now. Who knows what the patch tomorrow will bring to the table.

What you say may be true, I'd really like to see someone in blues fight Belial, Azmodan, Cydea etc.

alife

As in the previous post, cheap is relative. How much do you think your gear is worth? Someone said they got to act 4 in 450k in gear. I'm sure your gear is ten times more than that.

I'm a cheap glass cannon compared to the 350k+ DPS behemoth wizards out there. My current weapon cost around 450k, I won a bid on my Andariel's Visage for $4.99 after I sold a medicore Goldskin for $6.00 (Goldskin I bought for 250k), Sevin Sins was 300-350k IIRC, bracers were under 500k, ~450-500k for chest armor and pants, amulet was 350k, rings for 70k each, my previous gloves were 148 int 206 dex 16% ASI and 6% crit chance which I picked for 50k in the AH (I keep an eye out for lowballers) and replaced them with my current for 360k, Boj Anglers 360k (ASI), belt was like 240k?, and my off hand was 320k or something. Not "cheap" but not as spendy as the high end gear you see other wizards running around in Inferno with.

And dying happens. Like previous poster said, I just get better at dodging things.

Shouta

The way it is structured now encourages group play, IMO. I was teaming up with a barb yesterday doing Siegebreaker runs and he was tanking really well, taking a shitload of hits without dying, while I provided the DPS with my wiz. The barb was wearing fairly mediocre gear as well.

Yep, it is now thanks to the hotfix that removed the additional damage. Act 3 was still a bit ridiculous though.

I don't understand this statement.

Actually I don't understand what you said at all. Are you saying tanks can't tank? Because I can build block % on my barb and tank Elite packs all day.

You gonna sit and take all the affixes too? Physical damage ain't an issue, it's the additional shit. Hopefully, tomorrow's fixes will be nice and make it a bit more sane.

Kyoufu

Yep, it is now thanks to the hotfix that removed the additional damage. Act 3 was still a bit ridiculous though.

You gonna sit and take all the affixes too? Physical damage ain't an issue, it's the additional shit. Hopefully, tomorrow's fixes will be nice and make it a bit more sane.

Well there are players who outgear elite packs. The problem I think you're referring to is that melees have to bleed, sweat and cry to reach suitable gear levels to be comfortable with elite packs, whereas ranged classes can walk in with blues and just kite.

This should hopefully be corrected tomorrow.

Invincible Demon Troopers in Act 3 - Turning the Tide.

Every time I try to clear this stupid quest there is some sort of bullshit that always shows up just before the first catapult

alife

PVDSj.jpg

Neki

So angry. If I had bought a % dmg weapon instead of % atk speed weapon, I'd lose only 5k dps compared to the 10k I'm going to lose now. Thanks Blizzard. D:

vilmer_

The Legendary buffs coming in 1.1 are going to be off the friggin charts insane. I can see Bashiok grinning like a madman already.

Narag

Cheap glass cannon builds can't really kill bosses. They're in act 4? They probably didn't get there by themselves.

Actually they can fine. Most bosses telegraph every move (although I never picked up on the Butcher's arc of chains) and there's little randomness to those encounters.

Natiko

Banned
Has there been any word on making the Starter Edition available publicly yet? Me and a couple friends have been wanting to buy it but we're not sure if one of their computers can run it effectively.

Westonian

Hate to be that guy, but what the hell is this worth?

0M39M.jpg

I can't find anything remotely close to it with those DEX and VIT stats, especially combined with the reduced level requirements. I have nothing to compare it with.

EDIT: Oops, wrong item. Fixed now.

Vodh

dafuq.

dat damage, crit chance and attack speed.

I wonder who will win, this Wiz or those 350k dps DH on a PvP

Honestly the only thing that keeps my envy at bay is the thought that at least my DPS is not going to be cut by 150k after 1.0.3 goes live...

rCIZZLE

Is there going to be any point to farming anything but the crypts in A1? With guaranteed rares and being able to mow down 5 elite packs in a few minutes, it probably going to be the best spot. Seems like a little bit of drop overkill.

Vodh

Hate to be that guy, but what the hell is this worth?

iWBze.jpg

I can't find anything remotely close to it with those DEX and VIT stats, especially combined with the reduced level requirements. I have nothing to compare it with.

I've been searching earlier today and on EU you can get a 2h weapon for lvl 47 for around 50-100k with much more than 600 dps quite easily. 100dex is worth nothing compared to 200 more dps. And did you try searching for lvl 60 items with reduced level requirement? Because those don't show up when you search for let's say level 48 item, only as lvl 60 with reduced req.

Since the other stats are nice someone might be tempted to get it for 50k'ish, maybe 100k, anything more would be just mad luck.

Kenaras

So, Azmodan dropped these yesterday:

XoDFx.jpg

I'm currently using them on my monk; the resists are just too good to pass up. Would these be worth something to a wizard or witch doctor, or does the lack of attack speed/crit make the worthless? Checking the auction house for similar items doesn't show anything with that much intelligence + resists.

Curious if I could get better monk gloves by selling these, but even with all that intelligence these might be worth more to a monk than to a caster.

Totakeke

My new goal is to earn enough money through RMAH so I can buy the Surface Pro tablet when it comes out so I can do RMAH on the go.

Diablo 3, grinding the grind.

Actually they can fine. Most bosses telegraph every move (although I never picked up on the Butcher's arc of chains) and there's little randomness to those encounters.

Belial's adds and Azmodan's Hell Grasp are not that predictable if you don't have enough dps to just power through them. Show me a video of someone killing them in blues and you'll invalidate my argument completely. :p

Zzoram

I dont know if this is the thread but I booted up D3 today and its running single digits for fps. Played last night and had constant 60fps. What gives?

Every now and then I get a problem like that. Seems to just go away after a while. No idea what's up.

Zzoram

So, Azmodan dropped these yesterday:

XoDFx.jpg

I'm currently using them on my monk; the resists are just too good to pass up. Would these be worth something to a wizard or witch doctor, or does the lack of attack speed/crit make the worthless? Checking the auction house for similar items doesn't show anything with that much intelligence + resists.

Curious if I could get better monk gloves by selling these, but even with all that intelligence these might be worth more to a monk than to a caster.

It'll be worth a good amount to casters I think, but it's good for you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom