• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Belial's adds and Azmodan's Hell Grasp are not that predictable if you don't have enough dps to just power through them. Show me a video of someone killing them in blues and you'll invalidate my argument completely. :p

I thought Hell's Grasp was random myself. Turns out the first 3 spawn on the edges. Next 4 spawn beneath you in about 5 second intervals. I used SS + Tactical Advantage to outrun the pools as they expanded. Dancing around the edges of the previous pool let one control spawn locations as the pools can't spawn on top of one another. Unfortunately, the bug that had the diameter of the pool exceeding the graphic did add at least one random element.

Neki

My new goal is to earn enough money through RMAH so I can buy the Surface Pro tablet when it comes out so I can do RMAH on the go.

Diablo 3, grinding the grind.

Belial's adds and Azmodan's Hell Grasp are not that predictable if you don't have enough dps to just power through them. Show me a video of someone killing them in blues and you'll invalidate my argument completely. :p

Honestly, glass cannon works best on bosses. Bosses have predictable movements and easily avoidable attacks. Elite packs are the problem because of the combination of affixs that can screw you over. You should be arguing you'd like to see someone in blue power through every combination affix of elite mobs. :p

traveler

Not Wario
Finally! Inferno Diablo is dead, just a day before the nerfbat too. Here's my final barb:

lZZTw.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Finally! Inferno Diablo is dead, just a day before the nerfbat too. Here's my final barb:

lZZTw.jpg

Nice, and congrats! Just the standard survivability build? What kind of weapon were you using?

Am i the only one that finds Krippi annoying as hell? Hes cant take a hint that Kripp doesnt want his freaking help, lol

Nah thats not the dynamic at all, it might come across that way but those two are like best buds. Last night he didn't want him in Azmodan because he was afraid he'd die, and he needed him to clear the trash in act 4.

Raxus

Thank god 1.03 is upon us. I feel bad not being able to advance past act II on inferno but at least I have 3 new heroes and 3 level 60 heroes.

Neki

Found a new trick to increase my DPS on my DH.

Cull the Weak + Scoundrel (Multi Shot + Cold Bow + IAS) = free 15% damage and unlimited kiting for no cost.

dat scoundrel!

rCIZZLE

Am i the only one that finds Krippi annoying as hell? Hes cant take a hint that Kripp doesnt want his freaking help, lol

I like Krippi a lot more. Did you see his death vid from A3? He basically did all the work to help Kripp escape and ended up losing his character because of it.

Cipherr

o_O Tense as hell on the stream man. They are at Izual and are trying to decide whether or not to practice or go for it.

Edit: lol @ the chat spamming "YOLO".

Do two handed weapons have any value in Inferno. I have had some two handers drop on me with really good stats but they're two handers and I haven't run into anyone on inferno that uses them.

linsivvi

Ah, I'm just trying to say that ranged is much cheaper to gear, but some people, due to the frustrations with the melee classes (totally understandable) is often overstating how easy it is to gear ranged to clear the game. Cheap (again, cheap is relative) gear can get you somewhere, but it often involves cheesing and resetting stuffs. And most bosses aren't really encounters that you can cheese without gearing up more from your cheap stuff.

It is though. I spent probably a few million on gears on a somewhat decently defensive DH, couldn't clear some of the bosses and elites in act 4 in single-player (in particular Rakanoth).

I spent 300K looking for cheap Dex only gears, upped my DPS to 44K while reducing my life to 13K and made it all the way to Diablo. Rakanoth became a 30 second fight whereas before I spent an hour and couldn't do it. Many bosses are made easier because the fights become much shorter.

Thank god 1.03 is upon us. I feel bad not being able to advance past act II on inferno but at least I have 3 new heroes and 3 level 60 heroes.
I'm solo'ing act 4 inferno with a demon hunter. I've come to the conclusion that it's not possible. JKJK but I don't have nearly enough money to get a high enough DPS while keeping resistances up.

I anxiously await the nerf.

PS: is there anyway to appear offline or something to the friends list?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The Legendary buffs coming in 1.1 are going to be off the friggin charts insane. I can see Bashiok grinning like a madman already.

Eh, I'll be cautiously optimistic for now. The last time they "buffed" the legendaries, we ended up with the crap we have currently.

rCIZZLE

I'm solo'ing act 4 inferno with a demon hunter. I've come to the conclusion that it's not possible. JKJK but I don't have nearly enough money to get a high enough DPS while keeping resistances up.

If it's easier then what's next? If you can steamroll your way through the hardest difficulty and there's no pvp, there's no reason to keep playing. As I said before, making the best drops be available early game AND elites dropping a guaranteed rare means most people will just do crypt runs in a few minutes to get several rares.

Boosting drop rates AND nerfing the endgame is a terrible idea. Either would have been bad enough. Character balance is really all the game needed... if they buffed natural melee defense then they'd also be able to solo the game.

linsivvi

Read my post above you. You don't keep your resist up. You just kill things as fast as you can.

After 1.0.3 you can start farming gears and build an all-rounded DH, but right now (as in for the next few hours) you don't bother.

rCIZZLE

Come to think of it, yeah.

I hope they can release an expansion in 2 years or less.

I feel a 5th difficulty with new items and a raised level cap would be good enough for now. A "WE AREN'T EVER NERFING THIS" disclaimer would be nice and would hopefully quiet the people complaining that they couldn't derp their way through the hardest difficulty of an item based game a couple weeks after release. Pvp would also be nice.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Seriously?

There was that brouhaha when they first released the items on the website a few months into the beta test. Everyone looked at the items, complained that they sucked, so Blizzard said that they were a work in progress and that those are not final stats.

So much for that.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I feel a 5th difficulty with new items and a raised level cap would be good enough for now. A "WE AREN'T EVER NERFING THIS" disclaimer would be nice and would hopefully quiet the people complaining that they couldn't derp their way through the hardest difficulty of an item based game a couple weeks after release.

Which is weird because inferno was supposed to be the really really hardest of the hardcore mode. So much for that, too.

rCIZZLE

just found this

3ho0W.png

they arent worth much currently but i expect them to be worth a bit more after the patch

I'm kind of here right now. My DH does 58k with absolutely no ias other than 15% on quiver. A lot of crit chance+damage on everything that allows it. Was thinking of throwing it on the RMAH right after the patch to avoid the inevitably item flood over the next couple weeks.

Which is weird because inferno was supposed to be the really really hardest of the hardcore mode. So much for that, too.

Blizzard even said they didn't expect anybody to beat it until August. Then they plan a nerf after the first group of bad gamers complain. It's supposed to be hard. You're supposed to die a lot. Wouldn't be surprised if these people get bored in a week and leave until expansion/pvp.

Had a +17% atk speed, +8 crit chance, other meaningless stats glove in my inventory, thought it wasn't worth much..........sold it for 400,000...........good thing I didn't vendor it :|

Cipherr

Blizzard even said they didn't expect anybody to beat it until August. Then they plan a nerf after the first group of bad gamers complain. It's supposed to be hard. You're supposed to die a lot. Wouldn't be surprised if these people get bored in a week and leave until expansion/pvp.

I can nigh guarantee this. I really hope they dont over nerf it. But I see them nerfing it hard for some reason. Player base sleepwalks through it, complains about not having anything to progress through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom