• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Opaque-

It's really about speed. A lot of the best rares will be non-weps that can spawn with very good stats even if not attached to a ilvl63 base. There's not even once pack that'd be annoying in A1.
This is my line of thinking also, I can comfortably take down nearly anything in A1 with 165% base MF, if I drop a bit more money it could probbaly get to 200%. Not like that's super amazing MF, but it was very easy & cheap to assemble and is enough to make A1 drop rates > A2 with a base of 0.
I'm yet to actually test A2 with that gear (mainly becuase I it'll be toned down a bit by the patch), but given the increased repair costs, the easier nature of the enemies (no snakes, birds, lachni etc) and how much easier the Butcher is for me vs. Belial A1 seems to be the way to go for the most efficient farm.

rCIZZLE

I know Krippi only has one character and Kripp doesn't want him to die... but isn't being "world first" the whole point of these characters? Making Krippi sit the bench seems like a real asshole move.

HenryHSH

I know Krippi only has one character and Kripp doesn't want him to die... but isn't being "world first" the whole point of these characters? Making Krippi sit the bench seems like a real asshole move.

It's the safest way to progress though. :\

edit: What's that about bringing your merc with you to diablo fight?

Blitzhex

There wasn't a bug, just people tossing it because it looks like a white item they accidentally picked up. Happened to me with my first staff lol.

Ah, I looked it up and apparently there's a bug where the staff just drops to the ground if your inventory gets full. Guess that's how it was disappearing for most people.

RDreamer

Wow, just looked again and my bow is the 4th highest dps for any crossbow with reduced level requirement of at least 12.

It's this, by the way:

fZ7jg.png

Act 2 inferno is so much bs for monks, and with the attack speed nerf it's time to switch to another character.

Act 2 is a big jump, yes, but honestly it's not too bad at all. My monk can now tank everything in Act 2 with ease. I just helped someone today with Belial and it was a joke. I took his punches straight on. Didn't have to move for anything except that green stuff that fills up the entire screen. The other parts of that fight were easy as hell, too. You can get there.

It's really Act 3, I think that gets kind of BS. There are too many spikes in Act 3. I can do a ton of stuff with ease, but then one thing comes in and just rapes. For example, I was tanking like 10+ things in that one area past the bridge all at once. I was doing fine, and my life wasn't really going anywhere. 1 fucking Pestilence guy comes over and I'm fucked. You can't dodge that shit. And I'm talking fucked as in dead in a matter of a second if I stick even near it. And that's with a barbarian's shout bringing me to like 1300+ resists. Those flying dragon bastards? Yeah they're annoying as hell. Get an elite with one of those and just fuck it. I'm not going to try and chase them back and forth. I'll hit the enrage timer every freaking time. Soul rippers in the keep? Jesus... I can tank some of them, but give them something like molten and you're just raped in seconds. Meanwhile, again, all the normal groups are pretty simple...

Totakeke

Honestly, glass cannon works best on bosses. Bosses have predictable movements and easily avoidable attacks. Elite packs are the problem because of the combination of affixs that can screw you over. You should be arguing you'd like to see someone in blue power through every combination affix of elite mobs. :p

Powerful glass cannons tear through bosses. Cheap glass cannons do not is really my point.

rCIZZLE

It's the safest way to progress though. :\

edit: What's that about bringing your merc with you to diablo fight?

But this is the end. After Diablo there is no more progression lol. Probably equal chance of him dying on the second try than the first.

Ah, I looked it up and apparently there's a bug where the staff just drops to the ground if your inventory gets full. Guess that's how it was disappearing for most people.

Was there youtube proof? My invi has been full plenty of times from runs and it never dropped to the ground. Or do you mean when they're crafting it.

Absinthe

Wow, just looked again and my bow is the 4th highest dps for any crossbow with reduced level requirement of at least 12.

It's this, by the way:

fZ7jg.png

Act 2 is a big jump, yes, but honestly it's not too bad at all. My monk can now tank everything in Act 2 with ease. I just helped someone today with Belial and it was a joke. I took his punches straight on. Didn't have to move for anything except that green stuff that fills up the entire screen. The other parts of that fight were easy as hell, too. You can get there.

It's really Act 3, I think that gets kind of BS. There are too many spikes in Act 3. I can do a ton of stuff with ease, but then one thing comes in and just rapes. For example, I was tanking like 10+ things in that one area past the bridge all at once. I was doing fine, and my life wasn't really going anywhere. 1 fucking Pestilence guy comes over and I'm fucked. You can't dodge that shit. And I'm talking fucked as in dead in a matter of a second if I stick even near it. And that's with a barbarian's shout bringing me to like 1300+ resists. Those flying dragon bastards? Yeah they're annoying as hell. Get an elite with one of those and just fuck it. I'm not going to try and chase them back and forth. I'll hit the enrage timer every freaking time. Soul rippers in the keep? Jesus... I can tank some of them, but give them something like molten and you're just raped in seconds. Meanwhile, again, all the normal groups are pretty simple...

So what's the trick for a successful Act 2 Monk? Currently in the same boat as Xamdou

Tom Penny

So what's the trick for a successful Act 2 Monk? Currently in the same boat as Xamdou

Yeah I want to know too. I'm afraid to face Belial. I finally made some progress tonight in act 2. I'm going to be mad when they nerf attack speed since it helps my life on hit.

MrDaravon

Already seeing a bunch of high DPS bows that are high only because of IAS% being dumped in the last 1-2 hours on the AH for 1-1.5 million that aren't normally there lol.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit... Kripp at Diablo. Going to do some softcore practice.

Shouta

Yeah I want to know too. I'm afraid to face Belial. I finally made some progress tonight in act 2. I'm going to be mad when they nerf attack speed since it helps my life on hit.

Once you get a good base resistance, like 550-600 then facerolling Act 2 is somewhat easy. I recommend a dodge based setup rather than trying to mitigate it all.

HenryHSH

Supposedly, you have someone join you during your fight with Diablo then leave and you can summon your Merc in.

Oh that makes sense.

But this is the end. After Diablo there is no more progression lol. Probably equal chance of him dying on the second try than the first.

Yeah I guess. I'm assuming they'll go back and get krippi his achievements. It just sounds impossible to not dia at all as a wizard against diablo on inferno. The shadows are nasty. :(

rCIZZLE

Oh that makes sense.

Yeah I guess. I'm assuming they'll go back and get krippi his achievements. It just sounds impossible to not dia at all as a wizard against diablo on inferno. The shadows are nasty. :(

Like I said though, the whole point is world first. Krippi is getting denied his glory. He should get a chance at least since it doesn't really matter if he dies now. Getting the achievement can be done on any level60 he has if they're planning to do the join right before death move.

inky

Man, going through the keep I've encountered 3 goblins, 1 in each floor without restarting/dodging and with 5 NV stack and every single fucking time it is flanked by a champ pack T.T

Oh everyone is watching Kripp, carry on then :p

linsivvi

Like I said though, the whole point is world first. Krippi is getting denied his glory. He should get a chance at least since it doesn't really matter if he dies now. Getting the achievement can be done on any level60 he has if they're planning to do the join right before death move.

Yeah...kinda sucks that they got to this point only to have 1 guy do it.

RDreamer

First off your gear has to be competent. You need some life on hit. You don't need a ton for Act 2, but some is good. You need resists at about... oh I don't know, 600 or so? It's not really that hard to stack resists to that point. It gets harder to go further than that, but if you get everything with a little all resist and some of whatever you chose you should be good. Get a shield with 20% block and some good damage reduction.

This is the build I was using for most of Act 2 when I was there

Now I use this build

Really, either builds like that work. The key to the way I do things is to stack your mitigation stuff. Remember, some of those things stack for 2-3 seconds or so. That's quite a few attacks right there. That's why at first I used the attack that upped my dodge and upped my defense. With both of those going at once, I could take a metric ton of damage compared to just taking one of them. I switched to Crippling Wave > Concussion, though, because of the AOE and it also helps a ton with taking on big groups. Resolve and concussion stack, from what I can tell, so you're making big groups damage you much less. I changed to the evasion mantra just because I felt like I was getting diminishing returns with my resistances and needed to up my armor instead. I'd recommend picking whichever one you have the least in. If you have less armor pick the evasion mantra with hard target. If you have less resists, pick healing with the resist rune.

Shouta

I was think 6 property Helms and maybe Boots have a slightly higher chance of good rolls vs. some of the other pieces which have a wider range of possible rolls.

Yep, I have a 6 property helm recipe so. Gonna cost me like 2 mil with the materials though, hah.

HenryHSH

Yeah, you can tell he's a bit annoyed by the idea... I wouldn't say he's getting denied his glory, I'll still consider him part of this "world first" run if they do beat diablo. As long as kripp doesn't got the spotlight in his youtube video and say that he beat diablo without recognizing krippi.
They wouldn't be anywhere near diablo without krippi and that should be clear to everyone. The guy is pretty bright, he's come up with some really good strategies for boss fights.

rCIZZLE

Are attack speed bonuses on gloves also getting nerfed bad?

Attack speed will still be good since it's a mod that results in bonus dps. Like a high dex/15ias/high CC/high CD will still be worth the same post and pre patch (relative to the going rate of gold).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom