• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

I use this build for my Monk and it works very well in A2.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aYXihg!XYU!ZcbZcY

I'm using almost that same build except I use Manta of healing for the extra mitigation. Does dodge actually work well? I got like 600 resists. Do you dual wield? I kind of built my dude on LOH on both weapons so I'm not sure if I will have adequate DPS and I just sold a shield that had 27% block and like 150 dex on it :( It just sucks that it's so much easier for non melee. I like my monk !!!

Shouta

I'm using almost that same build except I use Manta of healing for the extra mitigation. Does dodge actually work well? I got like 600 resists. Do you dual wield? I kind of built my dude on LOH on both weapons so I'm not sure if I will have adequate DPS and I just sold a shield that had 27% block and like 150 dex on it :(

If you have enough dodge and are smart about your play, it's great. I have 650 resists or so, maybe close to 700 and it's more than enough for most in Act 2. You just have to be careful and avoid the affixes when you're fighting so a bail out method or a way to keep mobs off you is good. Otherwise, the mobs usually kill themselves.

Neki

I don't think boots are a good 6 prop, too many good properties to be valuable.

You need:

MAX MS + MAIN STAT + VIT
or
MAIN STAT + VIT + ALL RES + MS
or
DEX + VIT + ALL RES + SECONDARY RES (armor helps too)
or
STR + VIT + ALL RES (phys res optional and armor optional)

I've been crafting Shoulders and feel they're way better. Boots basically need all res or double res to be useful if you don't get MS on them.

Attack speed will still be good since it's a mod that results in bonus dps. Like a high dex/15ias/high CC/high CD will still be worth the same post and pre patch (relative to the going rate of gold).

I'm a witch doctor and have 2 +atk speed items (gloves and ring)

I don't know what to replace them with.......or if I'll even have to

Narag

I'm a level 60 demon hunter and I've been playing for a heck of a long time wondering what ilvl 63 means. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Item level 63. You can tell by the name of the drop.
S7PZc.jpg

Someone had a link to all the affixes and ranges for the higher ilvl items but I can't seem to find it. The higher the ilvl, the higher the statistical budget.

Westonian

Screwed up my image last time, but does anyone have any idea what this is worth?

FbuJ3.jpg

The DEX and VIT stats are crazy high, so no lvl 60 -4 reduction items are on the AH to compare it with.

HenryHSH

Krippi finished phase 2 first try on softcore. I think he's got it down. He should just solo it quietly on HC and beat kripp to world first.
KuGsj.gif

Level 29 in Hardcore.. Where is the best place to farm around this level... Just got to Act 4 hell but I want to make sure I'm not going in super under leveled..

balddemon

Banned
damn shouta some of those are good...nothing with str/vit/socket/all resist tho which is what'd i am looking for

ediT: scowling mutiny is the only one i like. but no str :(

inky

Well, past the bridge in Act III is the farthest I'll get before 1.0.3. The combination of mobs near the catapults just fucking overwhelm me and destroy me. Those plagued arm dudes are nasty shit. Time to snipe some stuff I guess.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well, past the bridge in Act III is the farthest I'll get before 1.0.3. The combination of mobs near the catapults just fucking overwhelm me and destroy me. Those plagued arm dudes are nasty shit. Time to snipe some stuff I guess.

Same here! I managed to kill Ghom on my Barbarian, but that's as far as I'll get. I've gotten a few catapults down, but I keep running into elite packs with Jailer and they just destroy me.

theta11

So here are my crafting results, seems like ok results. It'll be fun to see what I can get for them.

Good haul, you can easily make back the gold spent as well. I forgot to take the class specific rolls into account but even then they are low% rolls for the most part.

Voidguts

is there a reason Kripp is using the sidearm rune for Frenzy (the one that gives you a low chance to throw a piercing axe) instead of the 5% (25% more total) dmg per stack rune? I mean.. there aren't even any adds in this fight..

HenryHSH

is there a reason Kripp is using the sidearm rune for Frenzy (the one that gives you a low chance to throw a piercing axe) instead of the 5% (25% more total) dmg per stack rune? I mean.. there aren't even any adds in this fight..

No reason. Maniac is much better for the diablo fight.

FtHTiny

Isn´t sidearm proccing loh for double the amount a normal hit does?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Screwed up my image last time, but does anyone have any idea what this is worth?

FbuJ3.jpg

The DEX and VIT stats are crazy high, so no lvl 60 -4 reduction items are on the AH to compare it with.

Compare it with normal level 60 items then. I don't think the fact that you can get it four levels early really means anything in the end. I doubt anybody is willing to spend more than 20k gold on anything before hitting level 60.

Thoraxes

Finally got a solid weapon and decent helm drop today. Much better than what I had.

Me and a Barb buddy pounded out all of Act 2 inferno, and I learned that the graphic for Belial's breath doesn't actually show the full range of it.

VrxKC.jpg

theta11

Finally got a solid weapon and decent helm drop today. Much better than what I had.

Me and a Barb buddy pounded out all of Act 2 inferno, and I learned that the graphic for Belial's breath doesn't actually show the full range of it.

VrxKC.jpg

That's a really nice sword

Sigmaah

I have 19002 DPS right now level 60 DH, i think i have this much because of all the health I have on items instead of dex, should i just forget health, cause I dont have gold for shit to buy resist stuff and get more armor, and just focus on getting about 50K dps?
Im so newbish that this game...

also, where is the warden?

Cipherr

Shit you not, just finally got Ghom, and the bitches death registered just at midnight so I officially did not kill him before what would register as the 19th.

5dsJW.jpg

Fuck my life man. He was the only Inferno boss I had not killed prior to today. Screwed myself by doing this in a co-op game. Got a shitty demon hunter who with no resistances or HP who spent the entire fight dead, I had to rez him 4 times. I am positive that I missed the time because of that shit.

theta11

Shit you not, just finally got Ghom, and the bitches death registered just at midnight so I officially did not kill him before what would register as the 19th.

5dsJW.jpg

Fuck my life man. He was the only Inferno boss I had not killed prior to today. Screwed myself by doing this in a co-op game. Got a shitty demon hunter who with no resistances or HP who spent the entire fight dead, I had to rez him 4 times. I am positive that I missed the time because of that shit.

I beat Ghom with an equally bad monk partner who insisted he could face tank Ghom through the poison clouds. Ended up soloing the coop version =/

RDreamer

Wee, this bow is hilariously fun. I was melting elites on my way to Diablo Nightmare using solely caltrops. I should have done diablo at level 49 with nothing but caltrops and made a video of it. Now to speed through hell at a break neck pace.

I beat Ghom with an equally bad monk partner who insisted he could face tank Ghom through the poison clouds. Ended up soloing the coop version =/

Those poison clouds are no joke. The only way to get any clean air in that fight is to continuously pull him in a circle pattern. If you don't do that you'll just die. I was really surprised the first time I fought him in inferno.

balddemon

Banned
i dont understand how a ranged character can die against ghom. other than those stupid slimies he throws out, nothing should hit you.

Cipherr

i dont understand how a ranged character can die against ghom. other than those stupid slimies he throws out, nothing should hit you.

Its literally kiting in a circle around the outside. The ONLY thing he had to do was watch for the globules and burn a smoke screen when the came. Thats all, I was handling all the caltrops, he didnt have to use discipline for ANYTHING but his freaking smokescreens every 20 seconds.

I am fucking fuming right now.

Zyzyxxz

Ok Wizard friendos, I have found an awesome build that can be done for cheap! Sorry if repost but this thread moves fast and I can't read it all the time.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/v05rv/wizard_guide_inferno_made_easy_act24_farming_act/

I basically just went to AH bought a 2H 970DPS 2-handed weaon with +296 intellience for 90K gold. I was already having an easy time farming the Butcher on Inferno but now I just beat him easily in under 2 mins while still not use to the new skill slots I adjusted.

I have 19002 DPS right now level 60 DH, i think i have this much because of all the health I have on items instead of dex, should i just forget health, cause I dont have gold for shit to buy resist stuff and get more armor, and just focus on getting about 50K dps?
Im so newbish that this game...

Stack as much dex (along with crit chance/damage) as you can because building a durable DH would take an absurd amount of gold considering you automatically take 30% more damage than a melee character with the same stats. If you really do want to go that route you'll be competing with monks who already pay out the ass for gear

A rather cheap upgrade you can do is getting to or close to 50 discipline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom