• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the 5-6% poison stat bonus makes a huge difference? I bet it does, for as insanely geared as he was. For somebody not as geared? probably crap.

He said that the 5-6% poison damage affects all skills, not just poison moves. So going by what he said, thats a flat bonus damage across the board.

LordCanti

I accidentally bid 3m on the wrong Dex Andy (too long left in the auction), so now if they're worthless after this patch, I'm out 3m lol. That 3m being parked, I couldn't afford the one I was trying to snipe (at 5m) which was Dex/Vit and not just Dex. Oh well.

Seriously? Link!?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5837135682

"We will be performing scheduled maintenance for Diablo III starting tomorrow at 3:00 a.m. PDT in order to deploy patch 1.0.3. We anticipate that maintenance will conclude and that all services will be available by approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT."

Fun times in the final minutes the AH is up. Had 5 different rings and amulets I was planning to snipe, watched the bids jump up about 4-5 million in 30 seconds. :lol

I was also bidding on rings and amulets. I wonder how much overlap there was lol.

linsivvi

Fun times in the final minutes the AH is up. Had 5 different rings and amulets I was planning to snipe, watched the bids jump up about 4-5 million in 30 seconds. :lol

On the other hand, I was making final gear adjustments for the IAS nerf, put up some old gears that I just replaced for sale and they were all sold within a few minutes. Once the server is back I will be able to do some shopping.

V_Arnold

I do not personally care what Bashiok tweets, but I really, really wish that companies would start to put some rules in regarding what employees can and cannot tweet, really.

It is out of hand now, and I cant believe that almost any firm has some kind of twitter pr "mistake" in twitter - and it usually happens when someone decides to act funny or personal or angry.

Keep a personal twitter for that stuff. If you are using your Blizz CM name, you do not get to do that, simple as that. Imho, ofc.

I was also bidding on rings and amulets. I wonder how much overlap there was lol.

Were you going after a Dex, crit chance, attack speed ring? I decided to take a chance despite the nerf since the bid was at 1.2 million and put a max bid of 4, was immediately outbid and I think it settled at 5. Clearly others had the same idea I had. :(

LordCanti

Were you going after a Dex, crit chance, attack speed ring? I decided to take a chance despite the nerf since the bid was at 1.2 million and put a max bid of 4, was immediately outbid and I think it settled at 5. Clearly others had the same idea I had. :(

One was dex/crit/crit chance I think. May have had IAS as well. I didn't get it. Thanks to blizzard taking gold even if your bid isn't accepted, I had like 10m gold in my "completed items" page that I couldn't transfer back into my stash fast enough to make more bids.

One was dex/crit/crit chance I think. May have had IAS as well. I didn't get it. Thanks to blizzard taking gold even if your bid isn't accepted, I had like 10m gold in my "completed items" page that I couldn't transfer back into my stash fast enough to make more bids.

Ha I forgot it was even taking the gold, kept trying to bid on items and finally noticed I was missing a huge chunk. Stupid AH! :lol

I'll just say the thing I was trying to get was a pair of tanky pants that would work for either a monk or a barb.

Saying anymore than that could easily give it away.

With the way their tuning NV, is it a guaranteed rare when you have 5 NV? Or, do you have 5 NV then clear a boss and then it's a guaranteed rare per mob?

Svafnir

With the way their tuning NV, is it a guaranteed rare when you have 5 NV? Or, do you have 5 NV then clear a boss and then it's a guaranteed rare per mob?

At 5 stack champs/bosses all give a guaranteed rare. Making full clears of acts the best farming method.

LordCanti

I'll just say the thing I was trying to get was a pair of tanky pants that would work for either a monk or a barb.

Saying anymore than that could easily give it away.

I do that as well. I've figured out a couple of items that should sell after this patch, and I'm holding that info close to the vest.

When I'm horribly wrong and I've wasted all my gold, I'll be sure to come back here and sulk while explaining what went sideways.

linsivvi

To help hit that goal we’re lowering the number of guaranteed Rare items on bosses when you have your full five stacks of Nephalem Valor from two guaranteed Rares to one guaranteed Rare (you still have a very good chance at multiple rares, it's just no longer guaranteed). In exchange, all champion and rare packs will now drop a bonus guaranteed Rare item when you have your full five stacks of Nephalem Valor. The change benefits players with more overall drops, and a reason to push to continue progressing.

No need to clear a boss. I don't see the point of wearing MF gear either. They might make it more likely to drop more than 1 rare, but I'd rather be able to kill more quickly and farm more since each pack beyond 5 would guarantee 1 anyway.

I do not personally care what Bashiok tweets, but I really, really wish that companies would start to put some rules in regarding what employees can and cannot tweet, really.

It is out of hand now, and I cant believe that almost any firm has some kind of twitter pr "mistake" in twitter - and it usually happens when someone decides to act funny or personal or angry.

Keep a personal twitter for that stuff. If you are using your Blizz CM name, you do not get to do that, simple as that. Imho, ofc.

If your company needs rules to stop your community manager from being a snarky asshole to people who are publicly celebrating your product the community manager is the problem.

syllogism

No need to clear a boss. I don't see the point of wearing MF gear either. They might make it more likely to drop more than 1 rare, but I'd rather be able to kill more quickly and farm more since each pack beyond 5 would guarantee 1 anyway.
You already frequently get 2-3 rares with high MF from packs and that probability will likely just go up with one being guaranteed

Sounds simple enough.

Pretty good since getting MF gear with resists is kind of expensive and I'd rather do something more involved than goblin farming or doing suicide runs in Act 3

Where to farm goblins more efficiently than doing chapter runs with 5 NV?

Ancient Path in Act 2

Goblins gives 2 or 3 rares with 200% MF

Ashodin

Have some stats!

Njx7q.png
1PFe4.jpg

Skills to pay the bills, and stats to win the phats.

This is before IAS nerf, and I'm expecting my DPS to lower to about 10K. I am going to start stacking crit and crit damage after the patch, for sure. Trying to force IAS to go back to what it was will be brutally expensive, so I anticipate those items to become even more expensive, or either just drop amazingly low in price.

Watching that DAMAGE space for lower numbers now. :(

linsivvi

You already frequently get 2-3 rares with high MF from packs and that probability will likely just go up with one being guaranteed

Actually I have about 230% MF gears and with 5x NV it goes to 300%+ and 0 rare happens just as frequently as 2 rares. I don't think I've seen 3 rares from packs. Basically right now with MF gears I average 1 rare per pack and much less without. I'd rather just use my best equipment go as fast as I can and clear the entire act.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I assumed it had been nerfed?

People always say it has been nerfed yet as far as I can tell it never has. With i63 gear showing up in act 2 post-patch I'll almost definitely be going back to the goblin farm, particularly since I'm going to get boned by the IAS nerf.

I use IAS because it makes it much easier to kite as a witch doctor. The DPS was just icing on the cake, wish they could have just nerfed the icing instead of the entire damned cake.

syllogism

Actually I have about 230% MF gears and with 5x NV it goes to 300%+ and 0 rare happens just as frequently as 2 rares. I don't think I've seen 3 rares from packs. Basically right now with MF gears I average 1 rare per pack and much less without. I'd rather just use my best equipment go as fast as I can and clear the entire act.
Sure even with 371mf I sometimes get 0 rares, but it's not like I'm killing champs with my mf gear, I just switch before killing.

Ashodin

People always say it has been nerfed yet as far as I can tell it never has. With i63 gear showing up in act 2 post-patch I'll almost definitely be going back to the goblin farm, particularly since I'm going to get boned by the IAS nerf.

I use IAS because it makes it much easier to kite as a witch doctor. The DPS was just icing on the cake, wish they could have just nerfed the icing instead of the entire damned cake.

Butcher runs are about to become that much more awesome.

linsivvi

Sure even with 371mf I sometimes get 0 rares, but it's not like I'm killing champs with my mf gear, I just switch before killing.

It's just too much trouble. I did that for a while but after the patch I don't want to bother any more since I am guaranteed dozens of rares from clearing an act.

Cipherr

That to me seems like a bad idea. Playing solo on Inferno Act 1 is so easy, and the droprate of ilvl 63 in Act 2 is still pretty low, its only 2% higher (although that is doubled from Act 1). But if your gear is good enough, it seems like you would make way more money and get way more items overall just curbstomping Act 1 elite packs solo with 5 stacks and no chance of dying than farming Act 2 goblins man.

That to me seems like a bad idea. Playing solo on Inferno Act 1 is so easy, and the droprate of ilvl 63 in Act 2 is still pretty low, its only 2% higher (although that is doubled from Act 1). But if your gear is good enough, it seems like you would make way more money and get way more items overall just curbstomping Act 1 elite packs solo with 5 stacks and no chance of dying than farming Act 2 goblins man.
Absolutely not. It's not even close. If you have multiple people in Act II looking for goblins you are getting 3 rares every 2 or so minutes.

linsivvi

Would you prefer if they left current items with IAS not nerfed thus creating pool of uber impossible to get items which would then sell for astronomical prices on market.

I think he prefers if they also retroactively buff legendary and set items but we all know there's 0 chance of that happening.

Ashodin

This is why the change is awesome - it will help people gear up and get into the later acts to see if they want to try their hand at higher drop rates.

EDIT: To the above conversation about Legendaries, that is why I am staying the hell away from them until Patch 1.1.

Also hoping for some DH buffs. Melee ones. Come onnnnn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom