• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSmalls84

Screenshot000-1.jpg

I posted this earlier in the thread, but didn't really get a response, what do you guys think I can get for it?

Might not be worth as much without All Res but it's nice that it has a socket for Additional Life or Magic Find. Seems like something that someone would just use for Gold/Magic Find though.

Edit: Sorry just saw the set bonus for 2x items.

If 1.03 doesn't "fix" things as far as drops and gear go, I'm not sure where the reward will be in playing any further.

Buying gear on the auction house so I can grind for zero reward is not fun. It is not a game.

I have decent MF, and even with 5 stacks NV, I have only gotten one inferno drop that I have switched out a piece of gear for. It was a goddamned lvl 27 ammy that I was wearing....at level 60! The game is all risk and very little reward at this point.

The IAS nerf is troubling as well. I did not build an IAS character from the start, though I am losing some DPS after this patch just because some of my gear just happened to have the IAS paired with another stat I was after.

It seems blizzard is nerfing everything that works well or makes the game fun to play. One can only speculate the reason (auction house promotion or what have you), but it just seems to be the way things are going.

I am thinking about focusing more on crit chance/crit damage for gear, but I feel they will just nerf that once everyone starts using it.

They say they are trying to patch the game to make people use different builds, but what they are doing is pigeon holing EVERY class into DPS/resist all builds.

The game is so broken on many different levels and I'm not sure the solution is to nerf nerf nerf as Blizz thinks it is.

One can only hope for a LoD style expansion sooner rather than later. Maybe that will have the same effect on this game as it did for D2.

I would say that if I don't see an increase in better drops (not necessarily usable by my char, just better) within 2 or 3 inferno act one runs, I'm going to stick a fork in it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The dramatic increase in the proportion of posts in this thread about buying/selling makes me think of that image of "What I thought D3 would be like/what it is" Showing Barb art on the left and the Stock Exchange floor on the right, but it's on tinypic and for some reason that's one of gaf's "these rules are embarrassingly fucking retarded" blocked sites.

scy

If 1.03 doesn't "fix" things as far as drops and gear go, I'm not sure where the reward will be in playing any further.

I would say that if I don't see an increase in better drops (not necessarily usable by my char, just better) within 2 or 3 inferno act one runs, I'm going to stick a fork in it.

I really think people should lower some expectations for this patch :/ It's making farming Act 1 more lucrative in that ilvl 62 and ilvl 63 drops can happen, yes, but it's not going to make usable loot (e.g., proper stat distribution) more common. Realistically, the largest change progression wise is that Act 1 can drop usable Weapons.

Same for the damage scaling part of the patch. Inferno damage isn't too bad for the most part; some enemies spike too high and I'd guess that's about all they're going to change. Raise the minimum damage and lower the maximum to try and keep the average output the same but lower the top-ends.

Neki

Think too many people are spoiled by how items in WoW (or mmos in general) are distributed. Diablo 3 is more similar to a random number generator than WoW in terms of item loot.

scy

Think too many people are spoiled by how items in WoW (or mmos in general) are distributed. Diablo 3 is more similar to a random number generator than WoW in terms of item loot.

+4 Life on Hit.
ilvl 60.

Thanks game!

Edit: I also honestly think too many people are learning item builds/skill builds without fully understanding a lot of the systems. Hence a lot of "stack just resist!" mentality or the mass IAS% hoarding or even LoH. Crit Chance/Crit Damage just didn't stack up despite it having an overall greater damage bonus when properly built (that is, good IAS with higher Crit Chance/Crit damage); Life Regen is a remarkably useful stat that can roll on many slots and is a good alternative to LoH.

Hell, Life Steal gets thought of poorly due to the 20% scaling but it seems to ignore that many area of effect skills scale about the same (Barb Whirlwind is 13%, Revenge/Overpower are 33% for instance). Plus, you can roll Life Steal% on a belt so it's not even taking up a valuable stat slot really :x

jinutsu

Neo Member
I really think people should lower some expectations for this patch :/ It's making farming Act 1 more lucrative in that ilvl 62 and ilvl 63 drops can happen, yes, but it's not going to make usable loot (e.g., proper stat distribution) more common. Realistically, the largest change progression wise is that Act 1 can drop usable Weapons.

Same for the damage scaling part of the patch. Inferno damage isn't too bad for the most part; some enemies spike too high and I'd guess that's about all they're going to change. Raise the minimum damage and lower the maximum to try and keep the average output the same but lower the top-ends.

It's strange but why aren't more people complaining about proper stat distribution? I'd love to see Blizzard's response to why items almost always roll incredibly low numbers. I'd like to see these rolls buffed a little... maybe have one guaranteed decent stat roll on every ilvl63 rare?

To me it's just WAY too uncommon to get 5 or 6 good stat rolls on an item. I'd say that 90% of the time I don't even get 1 good roll. I'm not asking them to make every item great because I do like the fact that there is some REALLY good equipment out there. However, I'd like to see some of these items be at least a little useful.

scy

It's strange but why aren't more people complaining about proper stat distribution? I'd love to see Blizzard's response to why items almost always roll incredibly low numbers. I'd like to see these rolls buffed a little... maybe have one guaranteed decent stat roll on every ilvl63 rare?

To me it's just WAY too uncommon to get 5 or 6 good stat rolls on an item. I'd say that 90% of the time I don't even get 1 good roll. I'm not asking them to make every item great because I do like the fact that there is some REALLY good equipment out there. However, I'd like to see some of these items be at least a little useful.

The problem was never really the ilvl of stuff (barring Weapons since the DPS jumps are rather huge) but that the list of possible stats to roll is huge. I think a lot of people will be in for a disappointment when the change just means they have more no-socket +DEX +INT +Gold Radius Thorns Archon Crowns to salvage than Zischagges or Hellscape Masks :x

I'd still like for them to move Crit Damage off of Gloves and onto Shoulders :| IAS/Crit Chance/Crit Damage/All Resist/Primary Attribute Gloves is just way too much! Shoulders have like nothing awesome to roll besides Life%!

GJS

It's to prolong the game, rolls will always be like that.

kennah

I would be willing to auction things for people who don't have/whose country doesn't support paypal. Would even just take a modest 15% fee like BlizzPal does.

scosher

That's how it was in D2, but I think it's frustrating more people in D3 because the gear check to progress in Inferno is much higher than any content in D2. When people get stonewalled by Act 2 or 3, the shitty drops become much more pronounced. D2's drops were just as awful, but you didn't need perfect rolls to progress. They also had runewords later on which reduced the randomization.

To make matters worse, I'm not sure if you've noticed since you've long progressed past it, but Act 1 gear has plummeted in price to like 20-40k for even good rolls (ie. primary stat/vit/+resists), which has made it even harder for fresh 60's to accumulate the gold necessary to purchase Act 2 viable gear. The only way to score big in Act 1 is to get a really good amulet/ring drop, an armor piece w/ primary stat/vit/+resists AND crit chance or IAS, or one of the few coveted legendaries. You can pretty much vendor every weapon drop from Act 1 without even looking at the stats.

V_Arnold

This really is not World of Warcraft. You are at the endgame, Diablo III is here to stay. It is not built so you get a "near-perfect" gear in about a month or two and move on. Also, if something like that would be introduced, what would happen is that people would start to complain that the "guaranteed high roll stat" was "more Life gained on health orbs" or "reflect damage" or "Life on kill", and would complain about guaranteed stat being only a primary stat. And then they would want two guaranteed stats. Then they would want it in a way that makes Vitality and dex/int/str in two separate groups. And then loot gets to look like exactly just in WoW. This game, however, is not WoW.

syllogism

I like the botting/tedious farming method nerfs

Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses
Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain
Weapon racks will no longer drop weapons 100% of the time
Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

scy

Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain

Hm...

Outside of the Act 1 Cellar (which was mostly for gold, really) and the Act 4 Ghosts, is there really anything else that was farmed like this?

Monks can now use spears, two-handed weapons, and two-handed swords
That is badass.

Damage Over Time (DoT) skills will now properly benefit from items with the +Critical Chance affix
Awesome for Witch Doctor who has a lot of DoT abilities.

Bunch of changes to Izual
Oops! Looks like i'll still be able to Hex him! GG Izual.

Damage from monsters in Acts II, III, and IV in Inferno difficulty has been reduced
I didn't get to finish Act 2 before the nerf. :(

Soul Ripper and Soul Lasher damage has been reduced and both monsters will now run away less often
However; I am okay with this.

Leaders of Invulnerable Minions packs have had their health pools reduced
But by how much?

Mortar monsters can now hurl projectiles farther, but their minimum range has also been increased by 100%
Hopefully this will allow me to play a proper footsie game (if that is even possible, I still would rather face tank a bunch of enemies than to get blasted by mortar and never do anything).

Monsters with the Extra Health affix should no longer gain more health every time players leave and join the game
THIS EXPLAINS A LOT

TommyT

DHs everywhere switch to Ball Lightning.

I was thinking that, however I'm now tempted to try to move to something besides elemental arrow altogether. Must try new builds!

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses

edit: Oh that's because they won't drop anything other than gold now. Bleh!

eek5

Legendary items with the +Attack Speed bonus will now correctly provide a bonus to attack speed Please note that this fix will only affect new Legendary drops. Existing Legendary items will be addressed in future patch.

:lol

scy

To prevent monsters from being unintentionally kited into town from other areas of the game, portals have been placed at both ends of the bridge from New Tristram to The Weeping Willow.

My first enrage was when I kited a champ back to town.

Good times.

Negator

Legendary items with the +Attack Speed bonus will now correctly provide a bonus to attack speed Please note that this fix will only affect new Legendary drops. Existing Legendary items will be addressed in future patch.

This is fucking bullshit!

eek5

Yeah, that one is horrible. I am frankly amazed by that. It is horrible. What made them do it this way?

I'm guessing changing the broken affix on legendaries would've been a sloppy fix since you'd have two affixes doing the same thing and they couldn't figure out an easy way to swap the broken affix for the working one? No clue. The AH market for these items will be interesting though.

All the people that bought Zunimassa's Journey on Athene's suggestion won't be able to cash out until they fix it :lol

Tess3ract

Banned
Nice, he actually downed inferno hardcore.

The betting pool was not until august at least. It's not even been 2 months. Blizzard underestimate their hardcore fans.

So do you guys think we'll start seeing both AH's getting flooded with ilvl 63 stuff now?

Finding ilvl 63 items wasn't a problem. The issue is, as it will always be, finding good item level 63s. There should be a little less stress for high-end weaponry but armor was and still will be good on item level 61s and 62s (unlike weapons, where it is 63 or bust).

I like how they are pushing people to actually play game for a loot :)

That will be great if loot actually drops.

Look, it is not like loot doesn't drop, but it is just so heavily skewed into useless junk cateory that it is not rewarding. Case in point is the level 50 ring drop off Kripp's Inferno Dibalo kill. That shit is retarded.

I played D2 for hundreds of hours and it was not this bad. No way in hell.

Of course, maybe I am looking at it wrong and the loot isn't the problem. Maybe it is Inferno and the mentality surrounding it.

Blizz promoted Inferno as being the beginning of the "real" game where you could get the good loot, but mostly you get drops that do not help your progression. Yes, the rare super duper drop will happen, but it is not enough to really help.

They made a game so hard and gear so rare that you either have to auction house and gear up, which is balls at this point (not because of principle, but because of execution. Clearly people were running gear exchanges for D2 which operated mostly successfully), or just be frustrated by some really broken game mechanics.

In a sense, they have created or are on the verge of creating a very niche title where few people will either have the gold required to buy good gear, be willing to farm for the gold for the good gear, or be willing to farm the gear itself.

unless some major changes happen, I suspect the user base is going to devolve into a core group of die hard people playing with no real variety in how things are going down. I guess D2 kind of got this way, but it certainly wasn't this quick.

I wasn't hard core in D2 by any means, but the game just worked in a way that kept me coming back. D3 is not that game.

scy

@Legendary IAS Fix: Honestly, I have no idea. I'd figure it'd be easy (swap existing one for new one, should require nothing to be rerolled or recreated) but guess not. Kind of sucks that expectations going into this fix have kind of been destroyed though.

I wonder if anyone was actually using the Balanced weapons and their flat +Attack per Seconds mod. I remember doing numbers with those in the beta but never thought about doing it here.

Crowd Control Reduction from items and skills will now reduce the percentage value of Slow, Chill, and Attack Speed debuffs rather than reducing how long the debuff lasts

Hm. Could be useful but I think the original way it worked was ultimately better. Kind of a shame.

Damage Over Time (DoT) skills will now properly benefit from items with the +Critical Chance affix

...this is a bug fix? I thought this was by design? Regardless, nice to hear. I wonder if it's just a scaling mod (e.g., does X * [1 + CritChance*CritDamage%] damage) or if they can actually crit now.

Players wearing +Life on Kill items should no longer receive a benefit from this affix when "killing" friendly monsters (e.g. when a witch doctor re-summons a Spider Queen while another Spider Queen is still active)

dem 7k Hydra heals :(

The quality of the item for the fourth stack of Nephalem Valor from bosses has been slightly reduced

??? This was a thing?

In Inferno difficulty, Siegebreaker will now gain the Reflects Damage affix

:lol

Item tooltips in the auction house will now correctly reflect stat bonuses provided by socketed gems

That's actually disheartening to read. I'd rather they just remove the damn things.

Finding ilvl 63 items wasn't a problem. The issue is, as it will always be, finding good item level 63s. There should be a little less stress for high-end weaponry but armor was and still will be good on item level 61s and 62s (unlike weapons, where it is 63 or bust).
Finding ilvl 63 items was a problem for me (and I'd imagine many, many others) because I can't currently progress at all in Act III. Obviously the vast majority of items that drop in Acts I and II still won't be ilvl 63 and the vast majority that are ilvl 63 will be awful but I'm wondering if we will still see a flood of good ilvl 63 items in the AH's due to the fact that so many more people now have the potential of seeing them drop. I have to imagine that the population of players who can successfully farm in Acts I and II of inferno is significantly greater than those who can do the same in Acts III and IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom