• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm concerned, this is fucking awesome. Something that was claimed impossible, and the ridiculousness of the feat (if people are familiar down the road with pre-patch inferno) has just been beaten. This is amazing.

LordCanti

Anyone else gearing up to make last second bids on stuff before the servers go down, in hopes that the auctions end while the maintenance is still ongoing, and you get deals?

:p

Radec

As far as I'm concerned, this is fucking awesome. Something that was claimed impossible, and the ridiculousness of the feat (if people are familiar down the road with pre-patch inferno) has just been beaten. This is amazing.

Indeed.

And when the patch kicks in, noone can beat their record. ever.

Some guys talking on kripps stream saying Bashiok tweeted that its not world's first ??

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok

"People think that was the first HC Inferno clear? Weird. Webcams r 2 legit 2 quit. hay HAY"

From his Twitter. It's certainly more then reasonable to think that someone did it without streaming or a cam, but you'd think they would have posted an achievement or screenshot or something somewhere.

diablo3-bashiok-lolzqdy3.png

K.Sabot

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok

"People think that was the first HC Inferno clear? Weird. Webcams r 2 legit 2 quit. hay HAY"

From his Twitter. It's certainly more then reasonable to think that someone did it without streaming or a cam, but you'd think someone would have posted an achievement or screenshot or something somewhere.

They beat it internally at Blizzard.

Haha, what am I saying.

Neki

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok

From his Twitter. It's certainly more then reasonable to think that someone did it without streaming or a cam, but you'd think someone would have posted an achievement or screenshot or something somewhere.

Wow, that sounds so petty LOL.

Radec

Athene giving Kripp $$$treaming lessons. lol

HealthConnection ‏@HealthConnectTV
@Bashiok The way you worded your statement speaks volumes about you and the company you represent.

Ice Cold!

Opiate

I'm honestly baffled that someone could have potentially done this already and just kept it to themselves.

And presumably without any assistance. A big part of this progression was accelerated progression thanks to people donating pieces of gear or helping out with goblin farming or any other variety of functions.

That isn't to take away from their achievement, just that the speed of their achievement would definitely have been slower with no assistance.

It's entirely possible that they didn't and english speaking communities just aren't aware of it

Yes, it's entirely possible.

K.Sabot

And presumably without any assistance. A big part of this progression was accelerated progression thanks to people donating pieces of gear or helping out with goblin farming or any other variety of functions.

That isn't to take away from their achievement, just that the speed of their achievement would definitely have been slower with no assistance.

Would someone buying a $250 Horadric Hamburger be considered a "donation"?

Cipherr

Jesus thats a salty ass dude right there. No reason to even go there but to be an ass. Who cares, its the first confirmed kill and it was streamed so nearly 50k could watch it live. Including his ass, who was ready with a snarky tweet at 3 am in the goddamn morning right after they downed him and started celebrating.

linsivvi

Jesus thats a salty ass dude right there. No reason to even go there but to be an ass. Who cares, its the first confirmed kill and it was streamed so nearly 50k could watch it live. Including his ass, who was ready with a snarky tweet at 3 am in the goddamn morning right after they downed him and started celebrating.

The worst thing is that he's an employee of Blizzard.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So, I can't use the RMAH because I'm in Japan.
Got my account locked for the first auction that I sold and after calling the support 2 times this is what I heard:
- You can use a RMAH different than the region of your account.
- Your account/paypal addresses (namely the country) must be the same as the place from which you're playing.

So I'm toasted, since Japan doesn't really like paypal. Oh well.

I think the upcoming nerf made Kripp reach for every method possible. If there would be no difficulty nerf in the future he could do it the normal, slower way. Time was of essence.

Cipherr

Yes, it's entirely possible.

This is true, but they also didnt start day 1 either. Krip was playing softcore at release IIRC. I reckon any acceleration by a donated chestpiece or something here and there could have easily been matched or exceeded by them had they started with Hardcore as soon as their characters hit level 10 and unlocked it. They just would have been grinding the ransacked cellars and Act 2 resplendants and whatnot in hardcore instead of normal. They still would have done it quickly.

I like how Blizzard is willing to do Retroactive nerfs, but not retroactive buffs.

I feel the same way about hotfixes too. Quick slick patches for nerfs, most undocumented, but weeks to fix the gear ilvl drop scaling rates in inferno.

It's possible sure, but in todays age of Reddit/Twitter/etc. you'd think you would hear SOMETHING.

No doubt, this would have come sooner I'm sure if Kripp wasn't fighting DDOS attacks for 3-4 days, but as he mentioned himself he met so many new "bros" on this run. When they would do goblins they would chain goblins ridiculously fast and trade and sell each other items.

FtHTiny

I don´t get why everyone makes Bashiok a liar.
Ofc this sounds salty as hell but it really is a possibility that he just told it how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom