• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
muahaha

ETAE5.png

well, i guess i got my expansion money + other stuffs

Do you have a snap of the item?

Cipherr

Absolutely not. It's not even close. If you have multiple people in Act II looking for goblins you are getting 3 rares every 2 or so minutes.

I was speaking more about solo play. If you have 3 people that want to farm goblins, then sure it may be pretty fast. But you are exxagerating on the 3 rares every 2 minutes. I have also farmed goblins, and even chests before they nerfed Act 3 with 3 people, and you dont average 3 rares every two minutes at all, even with a group average of 180 MF. Sometimes you get some pretty bad stretches. But still with 4 total people searching for goblins, itll probably be a little faster.

But itll be closer than it is now with the guaranteed rares from elite packs at 5 stacks. Ill take the option thats less boring heh.

linsivvi

I was speaking more about solo play. If you have 3 people that want to farm goblins, then sure it may be pretty fast. But you are exxagerating on the 3 rares every 2 minutes. I have also farmed goblins, and even chests before they nerfed Act 3 with 3 people, and you dont average 3 rares every two minutes at all, even with a group average of 180 MF. Sometimes you get some pretty bad stretches.

Not to mention with the Inferno nerf (depends on how much they nerf), a good group can probably run through elites in act 2 pretty quickly.

But itll be closer than it is now with the guaranteed rares from elite packs at 5 stacks. Ill take the option thats less boring heh.

Every
time.

Every single thing I've earned on my WD (stats posted earlier) has been earned through legit Act 1 farming, I don't even have that much time to play with a young daughter.

I think the problem lies in that a lot of people get too discouraged by the bad loot instead of focusing on the good pieces. The whole point of a loot based game for me is the rarity of the "epic" pieces. You can still nickle and dime yourself to huge upgrades in between the mega pieces.

I expect to work a lot for great loot in a loot game, that's just me though.

Meh i do solo goblin run in 40-50 seconds - no point in wasting time with group.

Anyway after patch I'm taking out my 200% + GF set and going through act1 and maybe some of act 2 to Maghda runs with 5x NV.

And i'm also fully expecting goblin nerf in this patch. It's too easy to find and too fast - other spotks like this have been nerfed after some time.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Meh i do solo goblin run in 40-50 seconds - no point in wasting time with group.

Anyway after patch I'm taking out my 200% + GF set and going through act1 and maybe some of act 2 to Maghda runs with 5x NV.

And i'm also fully expecting goblin nerf in this patch. It's too easy to find and too fast - other spotks like this have been nerfed after some time.

With 4 people it's 4 times as fast and 4 times as much loot since you can trade loot...

how do you guys goblin farm? is there a location of where they'd be at?

Start the Black Soulstone quest then warp to ancient path. The goblin is either in the open area in front of you or somewhere on the steps.

Don't go past the steps and hit the checkpoint. If you load from there you'll have a lot more to deal with most of the time

Jrmint

Wow have you guys seen Bashiok's twitter since Kripp beat Inferno HC? Really childish. It's like if someone else killed it first then just say so instead of dancing around it.

antipod

Damn those resistances makes something worth shitloads.

Found a chest yesterday with 150+ on both vitality and dexterity, 650 armor, attacker takes X damage and 3 sockets. Maybe I should see what I can get for it instead of using it!

Had it just had resistance to all instead of attacker takes X damage... man.

DSmalls84

I posted yesterday that I had a pair of gloves with 125 Dex/Vit and 50 All Res. When I looked at them again yesterday I saw that they also had 40 Phys Res and 110 life regen/sec. Does that make them significantly more valuable?

DSmalls84

Well imho gloves without IAS/crit chance are worthless but some desperate monk could like them ;)

Just checking. some of you guys told me yesterday that having dual resist was a desirable stat roll and I wasn't sure if people were still going to stack Ias after the nerf today.

Fularu

Banned
Wow have you guys seen Bashiok's twitter since Kripp beat Inferno HC? Really childish. It's like if someone else killed it first then just say so instead of dancing around it.

I really don't see what's so bad about it. Dude has to be at work at midnight to prepare for a patch, sees guys boasting that they were the world firsts, is asked what he thinks and basically says "meh, already done elsewhere"

I mean, the world furst SC Inferno clear was made by a "nobody" beating every "celebrity team" to it, why wouldn't that be the case here? Maybe the person isn't even aware he did it world first and just kept silent about it.

Also his comments are on par with Blizzard's stance on world first. They don't announce or comment on them (see LK world first and so on) but when someone is close to doing it, they monitor (in ghost form, especially during raids) to see if the encounter is fine or if any exploit is used.

Neki

I really don't see what's so bad about it. Dude has to be at work at midnight to prepare for a patch, sees guys boasting that they were the world firsts, is asked what he thinks and basically says "meh, already done elsewhere"

I mean, the world furst SC Inferno clear was made by a "nobody" beating every "celebrity team" to it, why wouldn't that be the case here? Maybe the person isn't even aware he did it world first and just kept silent about it.

Also his comments are on par with Blizzard's stance on world first. They don't announce or comment on them (see LK world first and so on) but when someone is close to doing it, they monitor (in ghost form, especially during raids) to see if the encounter is fine or if any exploit is used.

Why would a community manager need to be at work at midnight on patch day exactly?

GJS

But he commented on it, surely he shouldn't have said anything. He even said he was going to check the date of the first hc inferno clear when he got into work.

Fularu

Banned
But he commented on it, surely he shouldn't have said anything. He even said he was going to check the date of the first hc inferno clear when he got into work.

That was a mistake, sure, but nothing "wrong" per se. I mean, years of bitching and bickering that the US had an unfair advantage over Europe and Asia for world firsts made Blizzard not comment on them (as in, announce them to the world or say "Sup guys, tonight, team alpha beat our game, grats!").

The only other time I saw them commenting was when Death and Taxes killed The Four Horsemen in Naxx and Tigole (I believe) prety much said he expected Kel'Thuzad to go down within a week since 4HM was, by far, the hardest fight in there (and he said it AFTER both Nihilum and D&T killed him when people complained that he went down too "easily").

Cipherr

Also his comments are on par with Blizzard's stance on world first. They don't announce or comment on them

ORLY. Fact is it was in pretty bad taste. He shouldnt have said shit. Have a policy? Stick to it. The guy is ticked off because of some of the stuff thats happened in weeks past with Kripp and his team. THATS why he broke their little policy. He was deliberately trying to be an ass. But Im off that now. So whatever.

Why? Them having 50 all resistance and 40 another resistance makes them even more monk worthy.

Physical resistance is probably the best besides All resist (for anyone), and they don't have attack speed (which is much more valuable to a monk than a barb - it's a major survival stat for them.) Double resists is better for monks than other classes, sure, but having +All and +Physical is pretty damn good for anyone.

So...swapping Str with Dex would make them more valuable overall, unless it rolled IAS somewhere.

Neki

Physical resistance is probably the best besides All resist, and they don't have attack speed (which is much more valuable to a monk than a barb - it's a major survival stat for them.)

So...swapping Str with Dex would make them more valuable overall, unless it rolled IAS somewhere.

I think phys res is more valuable to a barbarian honestly. Monks usually go down the specialized res route which turns it into all res, unless the monk stacks phys res, which would be odd, lol.

Fularu

Banned
ORLY. Fact is it was in pretty bad taste. He shouldnt have said shit. Have a policy? Stick to it. The guy is ticked off because of some of the stuff thats happened in weeks past with Kripp and his team. THATS why he broke their little policy. He was deliberately trying to be an ass. But Im off that now. So whatever.

Technically, if it wasn't a world first, he didn't break company policy :p (I'm just playing right now ;))

Sounds like a tongue in cheek comment (as in "Sorry Kripp, you're not the furst one, just the first Barbarian to do it")

Fularu

Banned
Not sure why you'd ever play devil's advocate for someone so petty.

Bash's pettyness has nothing on Kripp's. But I'm not defending his first tweet, just saying that it is, indeed, Blizzards policy to not comment on world first, so if someone did beat Kripp's team to it, it's entirely possible no one knows since there's no armory yet for Diablo III. Once it's out, it will be easy to track down.

Revoh

Kripp's the man. I knew when he beat Izual and Rakanoth he would get it. I had to go to sleep at that time but the first thing I did when I woke up was to check out GAF to see if he did it. I'm glad for him and his teammate

The best time to release the bomb would have been while Kripp and the others were still working on beating Hardcore Inferno, that way nobody would have been misinformed beforehand and with no hard feelings anywhere.

The tone of the twitter post didn't help.

I was watching the stream after they beat Diablo and they were actually wondering if Bashiok was trolling, and were speculating on why nobody came up front if they were the first to beat HC Inferno, but besides that they didn't seem too upset, just confused.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Whether or not he broke company policy seems immaterial in whether or not he is a dickhead. Maybe I'm missing something? hay HAY.

He would lose 40$ on cashing to paypal.

And with 240 blizzard bucks in his account he can get next two parts of SC2 plus all expansions to Diablo 3 + whatever else they publish in next years for free.

Sod that! Id want to cash it, go to the bank and take out cold hard money so I could dance about throwing my money in the air that I got in exchange for something arguablly totally useless.

LordCanti

Sod that! Id want to cash it, go to the bank and take out cold hard money so I could dance about throwing my money in the air that I got in exchange for something arguablly totally useless.

I'm going to get my money in one dollar bills so I can make it raaaaaaaaaaaainnnnnnnnnn.

Deadly

What time did Kripp kill Diablo? Went to bed at like 1am and he was still practicing Izual on SC and it was taking ages. Shit really has to take patience

Number45

Whether or not he broke company policy seems immaterial in whether or not he is a dickhead. Maybe I'm missing something? hay HAY.
That's how I'm reading it.

What time did Kripp kill Diablo? Went to bed at like 1am and he was still practicing Izual on SC and it was taking ages. Shit really has to take patience
Was about 09:45 UK time (so 01:45 pacific)? Took him about twenty minutes all in I think, and was pretty comfortable aside from a rubber band moment and the first hit he took in the shadow realm (which took him right down to about 15%).

Revoh

I'm reaching my B.net balance limit and I don't know what to do with the money. I can't open a Paypal account because it doesn't support my country so I guess I'm going to buy really expensive shit for fun. SS with 32% BC and other stats will be the first thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom