• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo-Fu

Banned
At first glance the chest MF nerf looks like a blow to pony farming.

After further thought though, pony land still looks awesome.

1. Act 4 drop rates (whimseyshire still on act IV tables, right?).
2. Easy mobs, no ranged attackers.
3. 1/3 of the packs easily glitched due to pathing (which may or may not be fixed)
4. The level has nice little deadends for dropping a pack of elites with a prefix not worth your time(jailer+mortar+desecration+teleporter being one I HATE as a Witch Doctor).

Build your NV stack in ez-mode Act 1---with a small chance for good gear---take it to ponyland for a much better chance.

Ferrio

Banned
Aww whats wrong? Your friend can't bot anymore? I'm playing the world's smallest fucking violin right now.

Good fucking riddance.

Haha, actually didn't think of that. Man he's fucked.

Still a shitty change, really really makes MF gear kinda useless. Hitting a random pot and seeing a rare pop out was always awesome.

TommyT

It feels like this was their intention. 50% Crit, +200% Crit Damage, 2 APS, etc. kind of balance rather than ... well, what we ended up gearing.

Yeah, and then you'll get those rogues that want to balance all three stats ;D! WTB +crit, +crit %, +aspd, +dex, +vit, +all res on a single item!!

edit: Do people think botters still get gold from breaking items?

Kyoufu

At first glance the chest MF nerf looks like a blow to pony farming.

After further thought though, pony land still looks awesome.

1. Act 4 drop rates (whimseyshire still on act IV tables, right?).
2. Easy mobs, no ranged attackers.
3. 1/3 of the packs easily glitched due to pathing (which may or may not be fixed)
4. The level has nice little deadends for dropping a pack of elites with a prefix not worth your time(jailer+mortar+desecration+teleporter being one I HATE as a Witch Doctor).

Build your NV stack in ez-mode Act 1---with a small chance for good gear---take it to ponyland for a much better chance.

Yup. This is what I will be doing outside of Act 4 runs.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Haha, actually didn't think of that. Man he's fucked.

Still a shitty change, really really makes MF gear kinda useless.

Nah, just less useful - still works on mobs! I hated having to worry about hitting every little pot too, made me super OCD. This also screws bots - so win win.

Siegebreaker
General
Overall damage has been reduced
No longer vulnerable to Confuse and Charm effects
Will now drop a health globe every 25% health mark (i.e. at 75%, 50%, and 25% health)
Now enrages after 4 minutes
In Inferno difficulty, Siegebreaker will now gain the Reflects Damage affix

What. The. Fuck. Absolute bullshit. Does no one at Blizzard play a wizard? I mean, boss farming is probably not going to be as big a deal anymore, but it looks like a guarantee that I won't be farming Siegebreaker anymore.

GJS

1.0.2.9991 :(

Thanks for taking the time to help, far more helpful then the official forums. How can I check my region options?

Options > Account.

The whole global play thing is a huge pain in the ass with the separate regions and patch days, the region constantly changes by itself, loads of people got given the wrong clients etc. It's the worst aspect of the game for me in terms of decisions they made.

I have two clients installed on my computer in case I want to play on the european server around patch day.

Ferrio

Banned
Actually I'm confused

Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses

Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

So.. are pots/vases considered destructible objects? Or is that another type of item?

scy

Yeah, and then you'll get those rogues that want to balance all three stats ;D! WTB +crit, +crit %, +aspd, +dex, +vit, +all res on a single item!!

What I'm gearing my Wizard for.

And then my DH.

And then my Monk.

And then my Barb.

I guess eventually my WD too.

...fuck, I'll never actually get all that gearing done.

Does that stun work the same on elites? If so fuck yeah that's totally where I'm going.

Reduced, I believe. It still flinches at the least so it'll forever be useful for that.

What. The. Fuck. Absolute bullshit. Does no one at Blizzard play a wizard?

Get better Armor/Resists; Reflect Damage is a percent of damage dealt that is then mitigated. If you do 60k DPS and you have 3150 Armor/315 Resists, you should only take back around 3000 DPS worth of damage per target. Some Life on Hit and Life per Second regen will more than make up for it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It's so anti-diablo though....

I suppose that's true. I've long since accepted the fact that this is not a true successor to the original games and have learned to enjoy Diablo III for what it is. It feels very different from the first two games, but I still think it's a great game.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I thought destructible objects were like gravestones and stuff that can't be targeted but will be destroyed if hit with a weapon.

That includes ashes, vases, barrels, skull baskets etc. so the answer to his question is yes. No loot from any of these.

Options > Account.

The whole global play thing is a huge pain in the ass with the separate regions and patch days, the region constantly changes by itself, loads of people got given the wrong clients etc. It's the worst aspect of the game for me in terms of decisions they made.

I have two clients installed on my computer in case I want to play on the european server around patch day.

Yeah, total pig's ear. Can't get into options>account as that's within the game, and it kicks me out at log-in saying I need a patch. Ah well, guess I'll wait this one out and play something else. Very grateful for the help, thanks for that. +kudos

That Steam list...

Get better Armor/Resists; Reflect Damage is a percent of damage dealt that is then mitigated. If you do 60k DPS and you have 3150 Armor/315 Resists, you should only take back around 3000 DPS worth of damage per target. Some Life on Hit and Life per Second regen will more than make up for it.

I have 6k armor/300 resists and cut my DPS from 70K to 40K using a life steal/life on hit weapon just to keep venom hydra from killing me in 10 seconds.

Then again, that's usually on packs, with one target it may not be so bad. I still think reflect damage is some underlooked bullshit because hydra damage is reflected, but you don't get life on hit or life steal from them.

It's so anti-diablo though....

I'm 50/50 on it. I'm trying to get my wife into the game because she loves exploring every nook and cranny and busting up every barrel and basket.

The obsessive person in my loves it as well.

On the other hand, I like that it forces people to focus on killing things.

forrest

formerly nacire
Aww whats wrong? Your friend can't bot anymore? I'm playing the world's smallest fucking violin right now.

Good fucking riddance.

Fuck that, I don't bot or support/condone/like botting or automation in general, but I still think this is a shitty shitty shitty change. It's the old case of one bad apple spoils the bunch. Everyone who abides by the rules gets punished because apparently there is no other solution to the "actual issue". Destructible objects dropping loot was never the issue.

RDreamer

Reduced, I believe. It still flinches at the least so it'll forever be useful for that.

Yeah, I know that part of it works, and it interrupts attacks. I was just wondering what the reduced duration might be, because if you got your crit chance way up that might be pretty darned devastating.

Fuck that, I don't bot or support/condone/like botting or automation in general, but I still think this is a shitty shitty shitty change. It's the old case of one bad apple spoils the bunch. Everyone who abides by the rules gets punished because apparently there is no other solution to the "actual issue". Destructible objects dropping loot was never the issue.

To them it was the issue. They don't really want legit players thinking that's the best rout for loot, either. They've stated quite a few times they want end game to be running through elites and stacking NV, not breaking pots and stuff like that.

scy

I have 6k armor/300 resists and cut my DPS from 70K to 40K using a life steal/life on hit weapon just to keep venom hydra from killing me in 10 seconds.

Then again, that's usually on packs, with one target it may not be so bad.

For what it's worth, Hydra ignores Life on Hit :x And depending on what spells you're using, you're not getting that much Life on Hit from those either.

Diamond Skin is worth a thought as well. It scales really well with mitigation in general.

Edit: I do agree that Reflect Damage is annoying for a Wizard :( DHs can Shadow Power/NT it to a point (not that enough people gear that route) but Wizard is mostly gearing LPS to offset it or using Diamond Skin. Thankfully, Diamond Skin gets better for the tankier builds so it's useful again in Inferno but ... still.

Kunohara

Fuck that, I don't bot or support/condone/like botting or automation in general, but I still think this a shitty shitty shitty change. It's the old case of one bad apple spoils the bunch. Everyone who abides by the rules gets punished because apparently there is no other solution to the "actual issue". Destructible objects dropping loot was never the issue.

Yeah I know. I was the only one in my group of friends that would hit every barrel and item. I mean, why not? Easiest way to get gold at least. Just takes a second. At least now, I won't have to do every single one, and I can do my runs faster.

The one that baffles me is chests not being affected. At least keep that in.

GJS

Yeah, total pig's ear. Can't get into options>account as that's within the game, and it kicks me out at log-in saying I need a patch. Ah well, guess I'll wait this one out and play something else. Very grateful for the help, thanks for that. +kudos

That Steam list...

You can change it at the login screen.

So for Demon Hunters currently using Nether Tentacles, what are you going to do post nerf? Continue using? Use lightning instead? Something else?

It was like my go to thing.

scy

uh at most i expect i'll be doing 12-20k dps. like that makes a difference? not when you have 50k hp

And most skills scale better than 1:1 for damage so the "only 12k DPS" is a little misleading. And Life on Hit scales really poorly with many Barb skills in general.

I'm liking the sound of the changes overall.

Someone mentioned earlier that monks being able to use all weapons excluding the obvious ones as a buff. Why is that?

Won't a lot of people just switch to daggers/fists with IAS neutered?

scy

Someone mentioned earlier that monks being able to use all weapons excluding the obvious ones as a buff. Why is that?

Daibos needed competition for "Weapons I'll never actually use."

Honestly? I think it's so that at least some class can use the +DEX rolls on Two Handers. Even if no Monk would most likely go for a Two Hander any time soon.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Goddamnit I have the worst luck with this game.

I'm 26 years old and don't get to play Diablo 3 a fraction of the time that I used to put into its predecessors and this is like the third time since launch where I've been like, "Hey, I got nearly a full day with nothing to do tomorrow, that'd be a good time to play Diab~SERVER IS DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE LOL WILL BE BACK UP JUST IN TIME FOR YOU TO HEAD TO WORK. DICK."

Ugh.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Is this the patch where new legendaries will be good and not have pointless stats on them? I didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes.

No, that's 1.1.

Soon, they'll talk about how they're going to make legendaries better - I think it's going to be more than a higher roll range, they seem like they have some creative ideas.

Ideally they have stuff like "Monk: Vortex can have 1 additional stack" or something for a set bonus. That kind of stuff seems like it could really make characters play really differently depending on the gear they have.

rCIZZLE

To them it was the issue. They don't really want legit players thinking that's the best rout for loot, either. They've stated quite a few times they want end game to be running through elites and stacking NV, not breaking pots and stuff like that.

So even if we like to do other things they'll continue to eliminate them until our playstyle meets their vision.

scosher

Yeah I know. I was the only one in my group of friends that would hit every barrel and item. I mean, why not? Easiest way to get gold at least. Just takes a second. At least now, I won't have to do every single one, and I can do my runs faster.

The one that baffles me is chests not being affected. At least keep that in.

Pretty much. I more than welcome not having to loot every corpse and break every barrel I come across on my run. I usually get crap anyway, but those few times that a rare spat out were an endorphin injection.

But chests on the other hand, especially resplendent chests, should still factor our MF. If they're worried about botters farming resplendents, like they had once done with the Keep waypoint abuse, Blizzard could mimic Zelda games and simply make resplendent chests locked until you kill a unique or elite pack, found on that same floor, which would drop the key.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So even if we like to do other things they'll continue to eliminate them until our playstyle meets their vision.

A couple of my legendaries came from objects in the environment. Kinda sad to see it go, but I guess the botting was getting out of hand. Maybe they're trying to keep it from becoming as rampant as D2, but I'm not sure they'll be successful. They'll just keep removing shit for everyone else because of dumbass botters. Wish they'd get on top of the AH bots.

No, that's 1.1.

Soon, they'll talk about how they're going to make legendaries better - I think it's going to be more than a higher roll range, they seem like they have some creative ideas.

Ideally they have stuff like "Monk: Vortex can have 1 additional stack" or something for a set bonus. That kind of stuff seems like it could really make characters play really differently depending on the gear they have.

Yea that would definitely be a lot more cool than +200 int on your monk item. That being said, if they don't fix the tal rash set bonuses I am going to do something crazy.

forrest

formerly nacire
Nether tentacles change is listed as a bugfix. Just sayin'

This is actually pretty interesting, because at first thought based on the tool tip, it essentially reads as a Lightning Ball with a Life Steal, but once people realized that it hit multiple times it was definitely the go to ability. I don't doubt that it actually was a bug or unintended feature of the ability. I don't understand why it took them so long to make the change. This one should have been done the same time as smoke screen if that is the case.

scy

It's like they tried with the +Skill bonuses but forgot how to actually make them relevant.

Yea that would definitely be a lot more cool than +200 int on your monk item. That being said, if they don't fix the tal rash set bonuses I am going to do something crazy.

+9% Damage isn't that bad. Well, it is if you consider you can get +6% on a single slot via a Legendary but it's not that bad!

...if only the set itself was better.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia

That's part of making a good game, if they worry that something like running around farming pots will dilute the experience (which I can understand), and eventually lead players away - they have to nip it in the bud.

It's like they tried with the +Skill bonuses but forgot how to actually make them relevant.

That's exactly how I felt about +skill bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom