• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJS

Why does Blizzard say that 1.0.3 is live in Europe? It isn't...

Check your client version bottom left to see whether you have the updated US client, and check your region option in options > account to see whether it has changed itself, that is if you mean the client is giving you issues.

For what it's worth, Hydra ignores Life on Hit :x And depending on what spells you're using, you're not getting that much Life on Hit from those either.

Diamond Skin is worth a thought as well. It scales really well with mitigation in general.

Edit: I do agree that Reflect Damage is annoying for a Wizard :( DHs can Shadow Power/NT it to a point (not that enough people gear that route) but Wizard is mostly gearing LPS to offset it or using Diamond Skin. Thankfully, Diamond Skin gets better for the tankier builds so it's useful again in Inferno but ... still.

I prefer teleport over Diamond Skin and don't think it's worth having both on softcore. In my experience, reflect damage is the second most annoying affix to invulnerable minions, and since I rarely get invulnerable minions, but ALWAYS seem to get reflect, it's caused more frustration than anything else has. At least when I kill an elite with invulnerable minions, I feel proud that I conquered some bullshit that fell into Blizzard's massive blindspot. With reflect, I am 99% sure that only wizards have quite this much trouble with them.

+9% Damage isn't that bad. Well, it is if you consider you can get +6% on a single slot via a Legendary but it's not that bad!

...if only the set itself was better.

Isn't it +3 of different magic schools? Therefore after getting the full set you will only have +3% damage on all your spells?

LegoDad

And most skills scale better than 1:1 for damage so the "only 12k DPS" is a little misleading. And Life on Hit scales really poorly with many Barb skills in general.

If you are defensive, the only offense is Frenzy which is 110%.. which is nothing... and 3% LS is nothing compared to 80% of 1400... At 30k DPS that's only 180 per hit... compared to 1120 from LOH.. Barbs need LOH and Health Regen...

You can change it at the login screen.

Login screen is blacked out with a popup box telling me there's an update. With the only option 'OK'.

12172ECB1017B8D73BE9E3AF083A2EBA1F8C776A

Goddamnit I have the worst luck with this game.

I'm 26 years old and don't get to play Diablo 3 a fraction of the time that I used to put into its predecessors and this is like the third time since launch where I've been like, "Hey, I got nearly a full day with nothing to do tomorrow, that'd be a good time to play Diab~SERVER IS DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE LOL WILL BE BACK UP JUST IN TIME FOR YOU TO HEAD TO WORK. DICK."

Ugh.

I know that feel man. It'll be up and running RIGHT when I head out the door for work. At least this gives me time to play the new Isaac expansion.

Who am I kidding, my D3 addiction is fierce. For all of the haters out there saying it's not the same as the first two games, you're right. It's even better!

Ferrio

Banned
Well I'll try farming act 4 today, don't have high hopes though. I was happy for the buffs to 5 stacks of NV... but that's pretty much counter acted by not getting shit from any destructable.

rCIZZLE

A couple of my legendaries came from objects in the environment. Kinda sad to see it go, but I guess the botting was getting out of hand. Maybe they're trying to keep it from becoming as rampant as D2, but I'm not sure they'll be successful. They'll just keep removing shit for everyone else because of dumbass botters. Wish they'd get on top of the AH bots.

Well, making the best stuff drop in A1 was a pretty terrible way of pushing away bots. Bots weren't breaking barrels in D2, they were doing boss runs. Now instead they'll do area clears. They really aren't addressing the bots, just delaying them a short time. Is it so hard for them to determine who's botting that they have to keep changing the game?

That's part of making a good game, if they worry that something like running around farming pots will dilute the experience (which I can understand), and eventually lead players away - they have to nip it in the bud.

Part of my experience was killing all monsters and firing arrows at barrels hoping I'd get something good. They should just put stuff in the game and let us decide what's the best experience.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Force weapon nerf for wizards or is there some other reason my DPS went down 4-5k? (No IAS/ASI)

scy

Isn't it +3 of different magic schools? Therefore after getting the full set you will only have +3% damage on all your spells?

It's a Damage bonus as far as I'm aware. You deal +3% Damage as X.

If you are defensive, the only offense is Frenzy which is 110%.. which is nothing... and 3% LS is nothing compared to 80% of 1400... At 30k DPS that's only 180 per hit... compared to 1120 from LOH.. Barbs need LOH and Health Regen...

I guess I should've specified. Yeah, if you're still doing S/S single-target damage, you're pretty much stuck with your primary skill which scales best off of LoH. When you get into actually being able to DPS, LS% starts being far more viable if only because LoH scales worse than Life Steal does for some skills.

Force weapon nerf for wizards or is there some other reason my DPS went down 4-5k? (No IAS/ASI)

Bug fix. It reported 30% but only actually gave 15%. At least, that's how Blizzard worded it awhile back.

Checked my email, sold another item for 20 bucks, lol.

I've never sold anything for the mega bucks but I've sold so many things for 10/20 bucks it's insane.

Ferrio

Banned
why did you like breaking vases? for an easy reward? because you wanted to.

Because it's a loot game, it's what you do. The best item I ever got was from a random vase I shot. It was very very seldom a rare would come outta a destructible item, so it was always awesome when it did. One of those moments that define loot games.

scy

Because it's a loot game, it's what you do. The best item I ever got was from a random vase I shot.

I hope it's a temporary fix until they get the botting problem under control.

I'm also delusional and hopelessly optimistic at times.

RPGCrazied

Whoa. Patch 1.03 seems smaller than the last 2 patches, and isn't supposed to be the biggest patch yet? Didn't download that much at all. Though it did change my video settings.

scy

So is life steal better than life per hit? Or is life per second the way to go?

It takes a lot of damage for Life Steal% to be better than Life on Hit in general. However, skills do vary on how much you get back from Life on Hit. Some are okay (Wizard Magic Missile is 100%, for instance) while others are abysmal (Piercing Orb is 25%, Blizzard is 2%). Basically, if your attacks do area of effect damage, Life on Hit starts scaling down.

Life per Second is just always good to have.

Duesy

So glad I switched to a 700 dps dagger with 300 int and life steal over a 950 dps sword with IAS now that I see the effects

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Kind of nice actually that death is something meaningful in SC. Death before had almost zero consequence. Making it expensive is a good idea.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
We're all feelin' da dps drops. Even crit wiz since our force weapon was fixed.

I'll never be able to use the RMAH to fund my drug habit now :(

And by drug I mean starting up LoL.

I kind of want Diablo 3 to be my gateway drug for Dota 2. Practicing all that micro with the isometric view. I'll actually need to get into the beta for that to be a reality though.

It's like they tried with the +Skill bonuses but forgot how to actually make them relevant.

Honestly? I think they pretty much kept the placeholders on them. I don't think anyone could be that dense in making such shitty items intentionally. You just have to glance at D2 (or hell, even WoW set bonuses) and see how much better they are. Leaving them fucked up wasn't good, but it'll take a fair amount of time to come up with more interesting things that are (fairly) balanced.

---

Also, the OP is updated, if anyone is interested. Though if you follow the game closely already there isn't anything you haven't already seen.

What the fucking shit?

Step out of one of the ritual sites in Act 2 and get mobbed at least 15 enemies..

Die

Try getting outside again

Die

It's not that much easier guys and I'm down 5k

scy

I kind of want Diablo 3 to be my gateway drug for Dota 2. Practicing all that micro with the isometric view. I'll actually need to get into the beta for that to be a reality though.

I'll have to worry about DotA2 later :x My WC3 DotA days are years ago and I haven't been competitive in RTS playing in general for years. I have a lot of rust to work off! And pretty much everything about the genre is new to me (fucking item builds last hitting oh god).

Honestly? I think they pretty much kept the placeholders on them. I don't think anyone could be that dense in making such shitty items intentionally. You just have to glance at D2 (or hell, even WoW set bonuses) and see how much better they are. Leaving them fucked up wasn't good, but it'll take a fair amount of time to come up with more interesting things that are (fairly) balanced.

-1 Cluster Arrow resource cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom