• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJS

Playing act 3 right now, the two elite packs I've run into so far are barely touching me, outside of plague etc draining health and having to move.

7k armour buffed, 672 resists, 1147 LoH, dual wield monk.

scy

What the fucking shit?

Step out of one of the ritual sites in Act 2 and get mobbed at least 15 enemies..

Die

Try getting outside again

Die

It's not that much easier guys and I'm down 5k

They lowered spikes but the average damage should still be roughly the same. What are your stats? You might just still be undergeared for the content.

Like I said people, lower expectations a bit :x

Ploid 3.0

Think too many people are spoiled by how items in WoW (or mmos in general) are distributed. Diablo 3 is more similar to a random number generator than WoW in terms of item loot.

I didn't play wow, but I played a ton of other loot games (Titan Quest, Borderlands, etc). I remember being pumped to go into those games day after day to find new loot to replace the loot I had. With this game I fully expect to trash every item I get in a run to the NPC for 200-1k gold each then head to the AH and buy something usable with enough gold obtained.

Keep trying what?

Let us know when it's up.

Sometimes when the button is grayed out the AH is up for others, and you just have to keep entering / exiting your game until it lights up

Edit: In other news, where the fuck is the Change Character button? It won't let me change to my HC character.

GJS

I still got killed by a vampiric, electrified, fire chains, desecrator, soul ripper, but it was due to the fire chains and their speed. The tongue isn't wiping out my health, so I can kite them around now.

rCIZZLE

So... they started buffing legendaries by dropping Andies to 5 IAS.

iO63EU5QkddU5.gif

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, that haste sword I was trying to sell for 6 million probably isn't worth more than 1 million now.

I'm glad I dumped all of my haste gear before this patch, though. Now I won't log in to see a drop of like 10k+ DPS.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
On the bright side now that I can see the item levels I know what's going to salvage into Inferno level materials (61+ with 60s rarely - better to vendor the 60s and below).

I'm hoping top-end dps weapons will still retain their value, since relatively speaking, they should still be at the top end. I put a 50m+ weapon on the AH last night that when you sorted by DPS it was on the very first page of results. But going down the list of other items there, every single one had IAS on it so it should still be in the same relative position on the list. Just hoping it didn't lose a ton of value overnight, but hopefully it's not that bad.

Totakeke

Hahah, with NT nerfed, my dps is now like 1/2 of the original amount I can do against bosses. None of the other skills really compare I think.

inky

I (barb) only lost 1.5k DPS, which I guess is alright all things considered, tho my APS went from 2 to 1.6, and I think it will hurt my already lame LoH. Couldn't unload an amulet+ring I had with 15% IAS, and now they only have a shitty looking 7% but the truth is, it was a good idea not to bank a lot on the stat. Now I just have to wait and see how that replacement weapon I bid on turned out. In a way, I still think IAS will be looked after, I mean right now the ceiling will be the same for everyone, so instead of looking for 25%, you'll look for 11%. Maybe it's even a stealth time to buy IAS while everyone unloads it for cheap =D

probably not

Updated, but Diablo crashes every time with this information : (
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Diablo III.exe
Application Version: 1.0.3.10057
Application Timestamp: 4fd7d4a5
Fault Module Name: d3d9.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e3c5a98
Exception Offset: 00003a22
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: c7ae
Additional Information 2: c7aed7028719dfc152c777f5c3828759
Additional Information 3: 0c39
Additional Information 4: 0c39f6421ecfa8f5f078af5ad66816f7
Anyone else?

Edit: Restart fixed this for anyone else.

GJS

Took out the soul ripper pack with only 1 death to fire chains, got two ilvl 62 items.

Obligatory screenshot of me fighting them without almost zero health.
Screenshot027.jpg

RDreamer

Just tried it and Act 3 seems much easier. The heralds don't hit for as much, and those moloks don't run away like little assholes quite as much. So far this patch is A++ would download again.

Man, what the hell are you selling? I don't get any bites on the eu rmah :p

:'(... does manticore blocking still work though?
gloves, shoulders, lol.

Also I used to be able to beat almost every elite pack in inferno in act 3. And now I can't seem to beat shit. That nether tentacles nerf and also me losing 8K DPS is just about destroying me at the moment. From being able to somewhat hang in act 4, back to act 1 I am.

What the fuck. Opposite effect?

syllogism

I'm hoping top-end dps weapons will still retain their value, since relatively speaking, they should still be at the top end. I put a 50m+ weapon on the AH last night that when you sorted by DPS it was on the very first page of results. But going down the list of other items there, every single one had IAS on it so it should still be in the same relative position on the list. Just hoping it didn't lose a ton of value overnight, but hopefully it's not that bad.
If your weapon had a relatively even dmg% and IAS distribution you probably didn't lose any value, otherwise definitely lost some. Anyone who bought an IAS weapon after they announced they would likely be nerfing the prop should have seen this coming. I bought this yesterday; it was quite expensive but I don't see getting an upgrade in a very long time

6rK00.png

Mayyhem

Very new to diablo III. I understand that there was an update or something? I was just playing for 30 minutes until I realized that my exp bar isnt going up at all. Anyone know whats wrong?

edit; the exp bar at the bottom is empty and it wont fill up no matter what I do, even though I keep progressing. I don't understand :(

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
gloves, shoulders, lol.

Also I used to be able to beat almost every elite pack in inferno in act 3. And now I can't seem to beat shit. That nether tentacles nerf and also me losing 8K DPS is just about destroying me at the moment. From being able to somewhat hang in act 4, back to act 1 I am.

What the fuck. Opposite effect?

Yeah I imagine it's pretty hard for DHs at the moment, but you gotta admit they were pretty OP. With repair costs the way they are now too I expect a whole new world for them.

Kunohara

Cue lots of people doing charge backs on items bought through the RMAH because now the damage they are seeing is lowered.

I would not be surprised.

I'm glad I didn't have any IAS stuff on my monk. I won't lose any dps (what little I have anyway).

Yeah I imagine it's pretty hard for DHs at the moment, but you gotta admit they were pretty OP. With repair costs the way they are now too I expect a whole new world for them.
if a whole new world means spend a lot more time in act 1, I agree.

Otherwise it just seems like more frustrations. I'm never a believer in constant nerfing to make better. The last few things done to DH have all been nerfs. I went from dying often to dying often and now having to spend a shitton on repairs.

Ferrio

Banned

That and nether tentacles.

But neither bothers me.

What bothers me now it's harder on me AND i get less reward for my troubles.

Macattk15

If your weapon had a relatively even dmg% and IAS distribution you probably didn't lose any value, otherwise definitely lost some. Anyone who bought an IAS weapon after they announced they would likely be nerfing the prop should have seen this coming. I bought this yesterday; it was quite expensive but I don't see getting an upgrade in a very long time

6rK00.png

Got damn. Hammer of the Gods.

I didn't play wow, but I played a ton of other loot games (Titan Quest, Borderlands, etc). I remember being pumped to go into those games day after day to find new loot to replace the loot I had. With this game I fully expect to trash every item I get in a run to the NPC for 200-1k gold each then head to the AH and buy something usable with enough gold obtained.

Pretty much (although I have played a lot of WoW). The drop rate is completely demoralizing. I barely play anymore because no matter how much I farm, I continue to get lv54-58 gear in fucking inferno mode. Typically the gear in one chapter would help you prepare for the next chapter, but in this game that's not the case. I can dominate Act I inferno with my eyes closed using my Barbarian, but can't take a few hits from elites in Act II. I've gotten up to Magda and easily defeated her (boss fights continue to be a joke apparently) but if I run into elites I pretty much have to log out.

My gear isn't great but then again I shouldn't have to spend all my money on the AH to find decent stuff.

Apparently today's patch fixes things, we'll see

GJS

Took out a champion soul ripper pack, plague, molten, jailer, and something else.

Died twice to molten and plague stacking, was fine once I took them to a wider area in the keep.

LowParry

Well with the attack speed nerf, went from 46k to 32k. But at least mobs seem easier to kill though elite sure as hell seem faster with out that Fast buff they have. Scary.

Totakeke

So my ability to kill elites hasn't changed that much (just takes a bit longer) but my ability to kill bosses certainly have decreased quite a lot. I was already running with no IAS gear so I was not affected at all by that nerf, but NT nerf hurts lots. :p

Time to find new places to farm.

Going out for lunch, but I'll be back in a bit. Downloaded the patch and tried to check the AH, but it was greyed out for me.

Still have to write up my full thoughts on the changes though when I come back (dat destructible object change).

Shouldn't have taken too much of a hit in damage as the only IAS thing I had was 11% on a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom