• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed completely, and the death penalty increase really is just preventing these players from some very unfun and frustrating times in the later acts.

However, there's no need to smash a undergeared 60 trying to grind up some gear on the early part of Act I inferno with a huge repair bill. I don't think that's what they were intending, given that (honestly) act I Inferno is only slightly harder than Act IV Hell.

Unless they made Act I a lot harder, I really see people having a ton of trouble with it if they could beat Act IV Hell without too much difficulty. If people like this exist, though, I guess they can now farm Act IV Hell for a chance at some decent upgrades.

Ashodin

It's very reasonable now as opposed to ridiculous. I have 700 Resist and I can do Act 3 much easier than before but it's not to the point that it's super easy. damage is still high and elite affixes are still dangerous, just not insta-gib.

This is what I'm looking forward to. A LOT.

macewank

I mean, it's obviously to combat botters, but there has to be a better way that doesn't shit up a good portion of the fun of finding loot.

Oh and I don't think I mentioned, but I only lost about 3k DPS this patch. Yay me!

they could just like.. leave it alone.

it worked fine in D2. there were botters. nobody cared.

same as repair cost.. why? gold doesn't and shouldn't matter.

rCIZZLE

Well, something in this patch decided to take the already terrible performance and make it worse. I don't understand how an i5 with a radeon 6550M is unable to run an average looking game without problems but performs great with games like Witcher and Battlefield.

Everything is set to low including resolution and the fps is still as bad as with all high. I did a lot of the D3Prefs.txt fixes that I see suggested and nothing worked.

TommyT

they could just like.. leave it alone.

it worked fine in D2. there were botters. nobody cared.

same as repair cost.. why? gold doesn't and shouldn't matter.

Joke post?

Bots are driving inflation up to ridiculous amounts at a crazy rate. I didn't play D2, so I don't know about if people cared about them then, but it's a big issue now.

Orca

pikVC.jpg

Bought for 25,000 gold :D

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Joke post?

Bots are driving inflation up to ridiculous amounts at a crazy rate. I didn't play D2, so I don't know about if people cared about them then, but it's a big issue now.

I don't know about you, but the vast majority of my gold has come from selling shit on the Auction House. I don't even have that "pick up 5,000,000 gold" achievement yet, but I've easily racked in over 40,000,000 in sales in my Barbarian's lifetime.

So, sure, inflation going up sucks, but that just means that you won't be able to buy much on the auction house simply by picking up gold.

I would love to see server stats for the game. I predict a mass exodus of people away from the game now that repair costs are rape time.

Ferrio

Banned
Joke post?

Big deal. Inflation isn't bad in this game. Some reason people think inflation == omg world ending

Inflation is only bad if the value of the goods don't raise with it. The goods will always be in line with inflation. The only time inflation is going to hit you is if you're only gold farming or your just sitting on a wad of gold and not spending it.

The items not dropping from items/bosses is going to affect the economy way way way more.

Kenaras

Well, something in this patch decided to take the already terrible performance and make it worse. I don't understand how an i5 with a radeon 6550M is unable to run an average looking game without problems but performs great with games like Witcher and Battlefield.

Everything is set to low including resolution and the fps is still as bad as with all high. I did a lot of the D3Prefs.txt fixes that I see suggested and nothing worked.

I had this problem for a long time, and tried tweaking everything. 800x600 resolution with everything set to lowest was just as bad as max resolution with everything at highest. At its worst, the game would become completely unplayable.

Eventually, I reinstalled Windows and Diablo 3 on a new SSD. That solved the problem.

MotherFan

Big deal. Inflation isn't bad in this game. Some reason people think inflation == omg world ending

Inflation is only bad if the value of the goods don't raise with it. The goods will always be in line with inflation. The only time inflation is going to hit you is if you're only gold farming or your just sitting on a wad of gold and not spending it.

The items not dropping from items/bosses is going to affect the economy way way way more.

But elites are dropping way more items with the nv stack changes and at a higher ilvl. More items will be on the market.

Kenaras

And those changes are counterbalanced by the new rares dropping from 5 NV champion packs and from boss first kills in nightmare/hell.

The rares from boss first kills change did make it into this patch, didn't it? I haven't seen any mention of it.

mileS

Also, like I said earlier, the bots will find new ways / will be perfectly fine because hey guess what? they are fucking bots, and they can run 24/7.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I would love to see server stats for the game. I predict a mass exodus of people away from the game now that repair costs are rape time.

I think you're dramatically overestimating the number of people who were zerging their way through the game. That shit isn't fun at all for most people.

rCIZZLE

Anybody have any idea what I can do? Even a random thought is better than me doing 50 different searches on google and getting nowhere.

Orca

wtf. They miss a couple of 00's? :(

That's what happens when you put an auction that will expire during the downtime without setting a high starting point. I went through page after page of listings to find a couple that I liked and put in last minute bids on them all. This is the only one I got, so it's a popular strategy I guess.

Thoraxes

Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

Guess i'm going to curb my BREAK EVERY SINGLE THING habit.

Items level 50 and above will now display their item level in the tooltip.

sogood.gif

Belial will now enrage in Inferno difficulty after 3 minutes in his final phase, increasing the number of green pools dropped across the entire encounter platform
Thank goodness I beat him yesterday.

inky

qVcyT.jpg

Did I mention how much I love the patch? Like, rares from elites guaranteed?

Just be ready for the polearm to be crap. I've had 3 of those drop, lol (like 470 DPS). Which reminds me, it's been like 3 days since my last legendary. Where did my luck go?

GJS

This is less than minute or two into the ghom fight, only 1 corner left gas free, which quickly filled up as I moved into that area.
Screenshot029.jpg

This is when enraged:

Screenshot031.jpg

I spent most of the time moving through the gas to empty areas and healing.

Still ready to try if anyone wants to jump in.

GJS#1663

Thoraxes

This is less than minute or two into the ghom fight, only 1 corner left gas free, which quickly filled up as I moved into that area.
Still ready to try if anyone wants to jump in.

GJS#1663

Willing to take a fresh Act III Inferno Wizard?

Radec

Anyone got some spare Tome of Jewelcrafting? like 60 books, can't find any on AH and didn't care for those earlier in the game. :/

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just had an auction I sold that was processing/in review cancelled for the first time, so maybe that review is for something eh? It was only for $15 but I got an e-mail and my item back. I'm guessing the seller's payment method didn't go through or some fraud was suspected.

rCIZZLE

reinstall? talk to blizzard?

Sent a support ticket and they told me to update graphics drivers even though they are and I said that. -_-

Reinstall Windows and Diablo 3 on a clean hard drive. I know it sucks, but there's a good chance it will work. See my above response.

I did this before D3 came out. It ran pretty poorly then too and even worse now.

Even "fixes" that people post on battle.net forums don't work for me since most of the time I don't have the same options as them. For example: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149007928?page=4 second post. Seemed legit and I followed his steps until I installed afterburner and literally none of the options from the screenshot were there. PC gaming is so frustrating lol.

windz

Yeah, that's kind of BS for those that are paying real money for items. A big FU from Blizzard.

While I am on the fence about the RMAH (I've made over 100 bucks so it's not all bad...lol) the people who have the cash to spend that have dropped 100-250$ on IAS gear, only to have it weeks later be worth...10-100 bucks tops, maybe? Ouchies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom