• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

vilmer_

I don't mind the increase in repair costs, it's still not as severe as Diablo 2 was. Imagine the insanity on the forums if they brought back experience reduction when dying :p

Kenaras

I did this before D3 came out. It ran pretty poorly then too and even worse now.

Even "fixes" that people post on battle.net forums don't work for me since most of the time I don't have the same options as them. For example: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149007928?page=4 second post. Seemed legit and I followed his steps until I installed afterburner and literally none of the options from the screenshot were there. PC gaming is so frustrating lol.

My only other suggestion would be to run a temperature monitor for your video card. Make sure your video card isn't overheating and throttling itself down. If you've already done that, I can't think of anything else.

Ashhong

Installing D3 on my macbook and it seems to be stuck or something. It's been updating that same file for like an hour maybe. Shouldn't the game be playable at this point?

NmFu8.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, there must be something Nerfed they didn't mention, without any attack speed items, my DPS still went down.

MotherFan

For everyone having trouble with repair costs, don't forget that ilvl 61+ items that are garbage should be salvaged and mats sold on AH. Doubles what you get from vendor basically.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ok, there must be something Nerfed they didn't mention, without any attack speed items, my DPS still went down.

Class? If it's wizard they just fixed the damage bonus of magic weapon - force rune to show correctly. You never actually did that extra damage. If you're another class, I have no idea.

HenryHSH

DH super nerfed basically.

Blizzard can't balance for shit.

My barb had a hard time completing act 3 pre-patch with a 29% SS, 1k+ resist all, 11k damage and 62k HP. After selling some of my items on the RMAH, I'm at 10k damage with a 2hander, 900 Resist all, 60k hp. No damage reduction whatsoever. Act 3 is a cakewalk. Meanwhile, DH's were super nerfed to the point where they're the new Monk. Most of their old builds are no longer viable and hey guess what? 100 of hours down the drain.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Class? If it's wizard they just fixed the damage bonus of magic weapon - force rune to show correctly. You never actually did that extra damage. If you're another class, I have no idea.

Yeah, that is likely it.

Also, repair costs are far higher, at least 10x as much I think. Died 3 times, 17k repair bill.

My Attack speed rings are still nice for farming Act I, haven't given Act II a try yet. Going a much long rout in Act I, starting near the giant spider boss.

Dahbomb

Re-rolling wizard, brb.
HAHAHHAAHAHA

DH got hit hard in this patch. Glass cannon builds are simply not viable now due to insane repair costs. I logged in and checked my DH only to see that I had like 20K+ of repair cost from my previous game before the patch. Can't be dieing too much or else your gold progress is offset by your death. DH's now need to gear like Monks, which means they need to give a shit about mitigation and health. That Gloom build is looking a lot sexier now. NT is ass now against single big targets as opposed to being OP against big targets before. Still good against crowds but probably better to pick something else. Impale is going to be a hot skill for DH's now. IAS nerf also hurt DH big time but that goes for everyone.

And like I mentioned before, they fixed the spider spawn exploit in Act 2. They don't drop shit anymore, at least from my Act 2 run today. The tower still drops gold though. Didn't see it in the patch so I thought I would mention it.

Inferno is nerfed and I can definitely feel the nerfs on the specific enemies (the Wasps really just stay there) but it's offset by the repair cost. You don't step into an Act unless you are absolutely sure you can destroy Elites on it with relative ease. I guess I am ok with this, this should put a damper on characters farming Act 3 when they are barely clearing Act 2.

I also tinkered around with the Blacksmith costs and they are very reasonable now especially in the lower difficulties. I got 3 upgrades today from crafting. I also upgraded all my crap gems into Flawless Squares so that was nice too. Overall liking this patch a lot, still some things to fix in the game but this is a step in the right direction IMO.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

My barb had a hard time completing act 3 pre-patch with a 29% SS, 1k+ resist all, 11k damage and 62k HP. After selling some of my items on the RMAH, I'm at 10k damage with a 2hander, 900 Resist all, 60k hp. No damage reduction whatsoever. Act 3 is a cakewalk. Meanwhile, DH's were super nerfed to the point where they're the new Monk. Most of their old builds are no longer viable and hey guess what? 100 of hours down the drain.

Never believe anything on the first day of a patch that nerfs things. The hyperbole will always be insane.

kpeezy

Banned
This thread is moving so slow considering the patch just came in. Sucky, but I guess it's because it was moved to community.

Ashodin

HAHAHHAAHAHA

DH got hit hard in this patch. Glass cannon builds are simply not viable now due to insane repair costs. I logged in and checked my DH only to see that I had like 20K+ of repair cost from my previous game before the patch. Can't be dieing too much or else your gold progress is offset by your death. DH's now need to gear like Monks, which means they need to give a shit about mitigation and health. That Gloom build is looking a lot sexier now. NT is ass now against single big targets as opposed to being OP against big targets before. Still good against crowds but probably better to pick something else. Impale is going to be a hot skill for DH's now. IAS nerf also hurt DH big time but that goes for everyone.

And like I mentioned before, they fixed the spider spawn exploit in Act 2. They don't drop shit anymore, at least from my Act 2 run today. The tower still drops gold though. Didn't see it in the patch so I thought I would mention it.

Inferno is nerfed and I can definitely feel the nerfs on the specific enemies (the Wasps really just stay there) but it's offset by the repair cost. You don't step into an Act unless you are absolutely sure you can destroy Elites on it with relative ease. I guess I am ok with this, this should put a damper on characters farming Act 3 when they are barely clearing Act 2.

This is how I have always geared though, which means I have been following the correct path.

So I started up the game at lunch and tried to get the Blood of ZK. I started the cave with a molten elite pack and it rocked me. Re-started. I got every affix after that but molten and kicked ass. I worked plauged, arcane, desecration, jailer, waller etc etc. I'm up towards the end of the 2nd level of the cave and my fifth pack (the one that would have landed me a rare) is a molten champion pack that slaughters me again. I die twice and have to head back to work. Didn't get a rare, didn't get ZK's blood.

My DPS went down to 10.5K unbuffed from 13.5K. My APS with one weapons went from 2.3 to 1.77. FYI. They also more than halved IAS. Everything was rounded down so it's more like 60%.

It does feel easier, but now I don't generate enough LOH to come close to deal with molten. At least with desecration you can escape. Molten enimies in caves leave you no where. It seems to take off more damage than plagued too.

How do you Monks out there deal with Molten?
800 LOH 380 LPS 580 RES ALL

I'm gonna head back to act I to farm tonight.

Demon Hunter sucks dick now but whatever, I'll just keep farming act 1 and 2. I do have a level 60 barb though. Maybe I'll try it out. Them repair costs are too much.

Anyway, I'm not familiar with these items or which classes can benefit, are these worth anything???:

3C2iw.png
aLx54.png

xelios

^Vendor/salvage

Tip: If you have a level 60 weapon with dps not at least in the 600s (even then barely worth crap) for a 1 hander, more for 2h, vendor or salvage it.

linsivvi

He comes across of a bit of a douche bag in the tweets, but I think everyone blew it out of proportion. You can tell Bashiok clearly dislikes them though, probably for trying to spread false rumours about the gold duping on the AH.

Eh what? He has no business making that comment in the first place, he's not just a random player. He works for Blizzard for fuck's sake. So what if he doesn't like a certain player? He needs to shut up and do his job, which is PR. If it doesn't concern him, he has no place to say anything because he represents his company.

LordCanti

Sarkoth fights back now...lol :p

Did the patch make Lacuni Prowlers a lot less useful? The attack speed on every item is now halved, correct?

Right. It's now probably mathematically more sound to go crit chance/crit damage instead of IAS. It just depends.

They buffed the living shit out of Siegebreaker. He reflects damage now, and I think he takes a bit more damage. Brutal.

He's got an enrage timer now as well IIRC.

Neki

HAHAHHAAHAHA

I also tinkered around with the Blacksmith costs and they are very reasonable now especially in the lower difficulties. I got 3 upgrades today from crafting. I also upgraded all my crap gems into Flawless Squares so that was nice too. Overall liking this patch a lot, still some things to fix in the game but this is a step in the right direction IMO.

I'm not even glass cannon, I just feel extremely terrible as class when I'm dpsing now. I have to throw 4 impales and then run back and wait for hatred, I basically feel like a wizard without the mobility or the cool abilities. The gloom build is shit now though, because nether tentacles only hit once, you don't get enough lifesteal to sustain anything. I feel like a rogue from WoW basically, I auto-attack for really low damage, but when I crit, I hit huge damage (300k crits). So I basically have to rely on crits to actually kill things.

Shouta

So build with some resists in mind rather than just glass-cannoning it up. Barbs and Monks are doing well now because we had to reduce damage. DHs can't instantly blow shit up now so surviving it and getting away is going to be the priority.

Also, Ball Lightning is gonna be my main Hatred skill now, heh.

xelios

Did the patch make Lacuni Prowlers a lot less useful? The attack speed on every item is now halved, correct?

Everything except quivers yeah. Prowlers still have the benefit of being an item with both move and attack speed, but there are better spots to get your move speed in imo. Not nearly as enticing to lose main stat/resist/crit/whatever in that slot now.

kpeezy

Banned
This is how I have always geared though, which means I have been following the correct path.

You're kidding right. The correct path is the strongest path. You've been gearing in an objectively inferior manner before now, it doesn't make you good when Blizzard nerfs the better spec.

You were incorrect to not spec IAS before unless you were dosing large quantities of melange.

LordCanti

I'm not even glass cannon, I just feel extremely terrible as class when I'm dpsing now. I have to throw 4 impales and then run back and wait for hatred, I basically feel like a wizard without the mobility or the cool abilities. The gloom build is shit now though, because nether tentacles only hit once, you don't get enough lifesteal to sustain anything. I feel like a rogue from WoW basically, I auto-attack for really low damage, but when I crit, I hit huge damage (300k crits). So I basically have to rely on crits to actually kill things.

Are you saying they've managed to screw up both inferno viable DH builds with one patch? Nice work Blizzard.

Sigmaah

anyone wanna play? i wanna 5 stack and get some goodies!!!

Sadly my DH cant kill elites or champions without extreme difficulty... I need help :<

Neki

Are you saying they've managed to screw up both inferno viable DH builds with one patch? Nice work Blizzard.

I was trying it, and it kinda works only because the damage is severely nerfed, but I can't say for sure. My lifesteal now is certainly shit because impale is so much worse for life to hit ratio than nether.

TommyT

So build with some resists in mind rather than just glass-cannoning it up. Barbs and Monks are doing well now because we had to reduce damage. DHs can't instantly blow shit up now so surviving it and getting away is going to be the priority.

Also, Ball Lightning is gonna be my main Hatred skill now, heh.

Pretty much this. Didn't have any issue when I tried earlier for about an hour, don't suspect I will have any now.

Ashodin

You're kidding right. The correct path is the strongest path. You've been gearing in an objectively inferior manner before now, it doesn't make you good when Blizzard nerfs the better spec.

You were incorrect to not spec IAS before unless you were dosing large quantities of melange.

So says the min-maxer.

I play the way I want, and when Blizzard buffs me (ie, by making it harder for glass cannons to just blow through shit), I enjoy it. You should be penalized for trying to cheat around the game's mechanics through brute force, and you are.

Just goes to show ya.

I firmly believe in Blizzard's vision for the game being viable for all specs, but not viable for cheesy glass cannon stuff.

Also, GRENADEZZZZZZZZZZZZ BABABAOOM EXPLOSIONS!! SPIKE TRAPZ

I'm having a BLAST. no pun intended.

Just to let you guys know how I do it - Life on Hit procs on every single tick of DOT damage, and I stack a lot. And now they crit, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

For my demon hunter I've switched to cull of the weak and rapid fire with webshot, impale just doesn't cut it. I also have to use the raven now because I need hatred ASAP. Entangled shot is too weak to help me so I can't use that.

Basically any fast elite, you'll die, most act 3+4 elites, you'll die. And this is with 450-500 resists. Act 1 is still easy as always, act 2 is doable depending on elites. You COULD maybe go higher but prepared to get butt fucked on repairs.

for reference my DPS after the nerf is 21K.

Won

Getting some proper defense and health was always the strongest path. Just not the cheapest.

Only had 2 ias rings and lost 12k DPS. Can't afford repairs. Can't even farm act 1 Inferno reliably.

I think I'm done punishing myself.

Sothpaw

Everything except quivers yeah. Prowlers still have the benefit of being an item with both move and attack speed, but there are better spots to get your move speed in imo. Not nearly as enticing to lose main stat/resist/crit/whatever in that slot now.

I didn't buy them specifically because of the 1.03 preview, glad I didn't. This patch seems to really have made building a WD a lot less clear. People on the blizz forum are saying that bears don't work, splinters are far less useful and dots are not critting. Hopefully the situation clears up a bit when I get home from work so I can figure out what type of gear to spend my money on.

TommyT

For my demon hunter I've switched to cull of the weak and rapid fire with webshot, impale just doesn't cut it. I also have to use the raven now because I need hatred ASAP. Entangled shot is too weak to help me so I can't use that.

Basically any fast elite, you'll die, most act 3+4 elites, you'll die. And this is with 450-500 resists. Act 1 is still easy as always, act 2 is doable depending on elites. You COULD maybe go higher but prepared to get butt fucked on repairs.

Well what's your HP?

Getting some proper defense and health was always the strongest path. Just not the cheapest.

Hell maxing aspd was just about the most expensive there is unless you got in super early.

Nether tentacles doesn't hit multiple times on the same enemy anymore? DH feels so fragile and weak now. EDIT: How does a DH beat the end of act 2 with nerfed NT?

Ashhong

Blizzard should refund the costs of jewelcrafting or leveling up the crafters. It's not like it would be that hard to do. At least the levels. 20k -> 100gold is ridiculous

windz

Eh what? He has no business making that comment in the first place, he's not just a random player. He works for Blizzard for fuck's sake. So what if he doesn't like a certain player? He needs to shut up and do his job, which is PR. If it doesn't concern him, he has no place to say anything because he represents his company.

Exactly, when you represent a huge company like Blizzard as a whole, and someone accomplishes the hardest achievement/difficult part of your game and you, representing your company, responds with the equivalent of "LOL WHO CARES NOT IMPRESSED" - you kind of deserve the fallout you get. I never had an opinion of Bashiok till now, and I am sure a lot of people will see him in a negative light from here on out.

TommyT

Pre-patch I would say that's a bit low for beyond A2. However now I would think you can survive at least 1 hit from most mobs in A3 which is really the crucial part since you can then start your evasive action.

I haven't been in A3 yet though so I can't say for certain. Gear wise seems like you'd be ok, just need to find a good skill setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom