• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

I doubt it. There are lots of $250 32%s sitting on the RMAH unsold and going to expire. Same stats but no vit, so that little bit of vitality might turn his into $250 "sold". Still nothing to scoff at.

Well, havent checked RMAH in a while, so yes, you might be right.

DSmalls84

38k in repair costs to kill ONE elite mob in the first room of Act 3 that I could have killed only dying maybe once or twice before the Nether Tentacle nerf, and now I can't get past the second room. Yes, this seems fair -_-

I do seem to be getting better drops though, I could only get maybe a third of the way through Act 3 before, but now my first rare drop is almost better than anything I've ever found:

Xc9vY.png

Not super amazing (?), but hey.

looks pretty solid to me. I'm going to probably drop my IAS weapon and try to get a 1 hander loaded with Str and Life Leech.

Lesath

The new repair costs are incredibly disparaging towards progression. You pretty much lose half an hour's worth of monster gold by just dying once.

RDreamer

The aoe on molten is big enough that when a pack of mobs starts circling around you, you get hit even if you don't move so it can't exactly be just under their feet.

Yeah, and this is such bullshit. If I'm planted I shouldn't get hit with molten. Moving into it should get you hit with molten. That would make the fights a lot more strategic, but also less bullshit.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
my summon zombie bears ability is having all kinds of issues with getting stuck on nothing. The skill will show but the bears won't run past me, even when there isn't anything around for them to get stuck on.

Instro

They seem to have fucked up the pathing for Zombie Bears. The bears now get stuck on various parts of floors, and on stairs they either run off into space instead of going down, or get stuck when going up.

Also FPS counter seems to be broken as well since mine was reading 0 the whole time lol.

my summon zombie bears ability is having all kinds of issues with getting stuck on nothing. The skill will show but the bears won't run past me, even when there isn't anything around for them to get stuck on.

Ah looks like I'm not the only one.

macewank

Uhm. I think I have some type of bug, trying to use the RMAH.

I tried using it last friday, when it was activated on the EU servers. Only to read that there is a 3-day wait to use RMAH if you bought the game digital. Understandable, but I was still annoyed being punished for buying it directly from Blizzard. But it's tuesday night now, and I still get the same error message!?

Anybody else getting the same thing?

can't speak for EU, but on the US, there's a "3 day waiting period" for any transactions on the RMAH (adding funds, buying items, selling items, removing funds). Doesn't necessarily take 3 days, but that's their stated SLA. Doesn't have anything to do with digital/physical purchase, but rather, the rules of the B.Net wallet.

TommyT

Ran home and played at lunch. No real issues with the DH. Lost about 20k with SS and about 2k without. Ball Lightning worked really well, interested to see how it fares in A3. Full gear A1, swapping before killing the last of elites or a boss still great. Warden and Butcher both dropped 4 rares with 5 stacks of NV and well over 300mf. Saw a couple of ilvl 63's drop. A body dropped a blue ammy, torture tools still dropped weapons (crappy ones) at times.

Looking forward to having 2-3 different sets of gear for different builds!

The problem with molten is that the AI is fucking annoying and they are programmed to run directly in a path back over the trail of molten they created. Since you are holding down the mouse button to attack them, every single time without fail you just run right back over the fucking shit. It pisses me off to no end.
Why don't you have a separate button mapped to "move?" It makes attacking and moving unbelievably better.

Kerub

Banned
can't speak for EU, but on the US, there's a "3 day waiting period" for any transactions on the RMAH (adding funds, buying items, selling items, removing funds). Doesn't necessarily take 3 days, but that's their stated SLA. Doesn't have anything to do with digital/physical purchase, but rather, the rules of the B.Net wallet.

Thanks for the response but that's not what I mean. I can't acess RMAH at all.

72NOE.jpg

That's what it looks like when I click on currency.

smr00

Banned
New repair cost makes me not even want to play the game anymore.

right now i am pretty much stuck farming A1 and the repair bill ends up costing me the same amount of gold i make and the % of finding something that can actually sell isn't THAT bad anymore but not good enough to warrent spending all the gold i get on goddamn fucking repairs.

Thanks blizz, you nerf my NT, you make it to where i am spending more gold then i am making on shitty repairs and i cant progress.. I wish torchlight 2 was out because this game just keeps getting worse and yes it does sound like i am mad because i fucking am, not only did we have to deal with 2 weeks of terrible servers and still getting lag they continue to nerf ways of making money for the legit people.. And i know why.. they want you to spend money on the stupid fucking real money auction house and i refuse /rant

TL;DR stop fucking the game up and change back the repair cost or increase the item sale cost and increase gold drop or i am done.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
They seem to have fucked up the pathing for Zombie Bears. The bears now get stuck on various parts of floors, and on stairs they either run off into space instead of going down, or get stuck when going up.

Ah looks like I'm not the only one.

Yeah, it's broke as hell, sigh.

Edgeward

New repair costs killed my interest in getting back into it. Not the best player, on top of playing a monk. Nope. Not doing it.

erragal

right now i am pretty much stuck farming A1 and the repair bill ends up costing me the same amount of gold i make and the % of finding something that can actually sell isn't THAT bad anymore but not good enough to warrent spending all the gold i get on goddamn fucking repairs.

Thanks blizz, you nerf my NT, you make it to where i am spending more gold then i am making on shitty repairs and i cant progress.. I wish torchlight 2 was out because this game just keeps getting worse and yes it does sound like i am mad because i fucking am, not only did we have to deal with 2 weeks of terrible servers ypand still getting lag they continue to nerf ways of making money for the legit people.. And i know why.. they want you to spend money on the stupid fucking real money auction house( and i refuse /rant:

TL;DR stop fucking the game up and change (back the repair cost or increase the item sale cost and increase gold drop or i am
done.

If you're dying in A1 that much then you need to build more survivability. Sounds like repair changes had the exact impact they were looking for.

Shouta

Oh man, I'm actually doing Act 3 on my Monk with a lot less tooth pulling. It's very reasonable damage now but still dangerous at 700 resist and you need to worry about the mobs more than the protecting yourself from the damage.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Gear, skill, or both? Also what act?

I want to farm Act 1 for gear since Act 2 mobs just trash me. The end of Act 1 has some really rough elites though.

I need to farm more Butcher with 5 stacks of NV for gear, but my gear isn't safe enough to comfortably farm him and the elites leading up to him. Even with full health, his "instant" hook fan attack kills me 50% of the time (which I don't quite understand...I figure it would either always or never ohko me).

The BFM

Neo Member
Can I get a price check for the US servers this seems pretty good. Also 2500 per death in repair cost when my gear isn't even THAT good is killing me.

209640d1340132364-foh-d3-bazaar-thread-d3-sword.png

bluestuff

New repair costs killed my interest in getting back into it. Not the best player, on top of playing a monk. Nope. Not doing it.

I found the patch made everything drastically easier. I went from dying in A3 catapult mission repeatability to finishing it in 1 go with 3 stacks of NV. I only have 34k health, 15k damage(buffed), 600 resists, and 6k armor. Most of my item level gear is 61-62, so its very doable.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Can I get a price check for the US servers this seems pretty good. Also 2500 per death in repair cost when my gear isn't even THAT good is killing me.

A lot. As in a lot a lot. Innate fast attack speed with dat LoH AND crit bonus. Not to mention the dps of weapons overall has dropped due to the IAS nerf, placing many once in the 900s into that range.

railGUN

Banned
Wow, just logged in to try my neutered DH, downed the first group of elites in the chamber of suffering and got 2 rares, one being an ilvl 61 ring with 4% crit chance, 26% crit damage... probably one of the best drops I've gotten in the game.

Some of these changes confirm that Blizzard have no idea how to fix their game. It's sad that the sequel to Diablo 2 couldn't even keep things interesting for a month.

Well, I made almost 1000 euro stripping my characters and selling gear on the RMAH the past week so I guess not all is bad but I'm done with this game. I need to start working on my backlog again.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
So is there a "safe" Inferno DH build around? Everything I've tried makes elite killing a pain in the ass...Still...

I havent tested this post patching...but

LMB evasive fire/cover as my hatred generator.
RMB spiketrap/scatter ( not used too often, can replace with another skill, maybe caltrops)

1 - preparation - battle scars
2 - smokescreen - lingering
3 - frost/ball arrow ( replacing NT - this is what I havent tried)
4 - vault - tumble

passives - tactical adv. archery, steady aim.

gear ( without getting too specific since I'm at work) : 1h xbow + shield.

also if you are going solo, use the enchantress

GJS

Thanks blizz, you nerf my NT, you make it to where i am spending more gold then i am making on shitty repairs and i cant progress.. I wish torchlight 2 was out because this game just keeps getting worse and yes it does sound like i am mad because i fucking am, not only did we have to deal with 2 weeks of terrible servers and still getting lag they continue to nerf ways of making money for the legit people.. And i know why.. they want you to spend money on the stupid fucking real money auction house and i refuse /rant

TL;DR stop fucking the game up and change back the repair cost or increase the item sale cost and increase gold drop or i am done.
You can farm Hell act 3/4 for ilvl 61 and 62 now if you can't progress in Act 1 inferno any more.

Won

Good to hear that the game now has something like a real death penalty. That was probably one of the bigger issues the game had.

Definity

Logged in at my lunch break and the first drop I seen had the level item# in the left hand corner. That's pretty cool.....that wasn't always there right?

ibdSOiZkaMoql6.png

This is what I was afraid of. What group of simpletons at Blizz thought the repair cost increase was a great idea.

RDreamer

Wee, look what I sniped before the down time yesterday:

a13hK.png

I'm drooling just thinking about using it. I'm pretty sure it's worth way more than what I paid.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Why don't you have a separate button mapped to "move?" It makes attacking and moving unbelievably better.
Even tho you can map a separate button for move, primary attack has move included so he will still move?

Doesn't he just need to hold shift if he doesn't want to move?

inky

Don't let these guys fool you. In fact, if you give me 200k gold I would gladly take that off your hands and give you some crafting mats in return. It's not even worth the trip to blacksmith for you, honestly D=

Volodja

Yeah, and this is such bullshit. If I'm planted I shouldn't get hit with molten. Moving into it should get you hit with molten. That would make the fights a lot more strategic, but also less bullshit.
I'm not gonna lie, it is pretty annoying when I get hit by an aoe that is supposed to be under the enemy feet while I am in front of them. Stupid Thunderclap teleport.

Logged in at my lunch break and the first drop I seen had the level item# in the left hand corner. That's pretty cool.....that wasn't always there right?

ibdSOiZkaMoql6.png
Nope, they added that with this patch.

Don't let these guys fool you. In fact, if you give me 200k gold I would gladly take that of your hands and give you some crafting mats in return. It's not even worth the trip to blacksmith for you, honestly D=
lol, not even a nice try. :p

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Nope that's new and it's pretty cool for many reasons, one being that you know salvaging level 61+ is going to get you inferno crafting mats (more money than vendoring). No more guessing!

windz

There's a thread for that.

OR:

Open auction house - put in item level - set status quality of item - search by 3 main affixes on your weapon - hit search.

Use eyes(currently not downloadable) to look at similar priced items with similar stats. Make a judgment call based off time left on similar items and their price. Undercut 5-20%.

It's really that easy :D

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
One thing this game has done is make me really anticipate torchlight 2.

Torchlight is going to be plenty of fun, but it will lack the long-term playability of Diablo II and Diablo III simply because it doesn't have a secure infrastructure like Battle.net. It's going to be great playing it casually with friends, though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Thanks for the response but that's not what I mean. I can't acess RMAH at all.

72NOE.jpg

That's what it looks like when I click on currency.

You have to do all the link up security stuff, like the SMS notifications and authenticator. I had this same message until I put both on my account.

Nope that's new and it's pretty cool for many reasons, one being that you know salvaging level 61+ is going to get you inferno crafting mats (more money than vendoring). No more guessing!

I thought 60's always did anyway? 59's are the ones that only sometimes give you inferno mats.

TommyT

I want to farm Act 1 for gear since Act 2 mobs just trash me. The end of Act 1 has some really rough elites though.

I need to farm more Butcher with 5 stacks of NV for gear, but my gear isn't safe enough to comfortably farm him and the elites leading up to him. Even with full health, his "instant" hook fan attack kills me 50% of the time (which I don't quite understand...I figure it would either always or never ohko me).

Last first - mobs just like you have a damage range on their attacks. So the low end of that range you survive, high end you don't.

There are a couple of ways you can go to beating him depending on how you want to play. If you want to survive a hit, try getting 3k armor and 300 resists with 20k hp (ideally you'll want more 30k+ when you can get there). That should keep you safe from being 1 shot (save maybe his charge). This, coupled with smokescreen will keep you safe from anything he can throw at you.

The above 3k/300 works well for surviving elites as well. Sure, early on you'll sacrifice dps for life. However once you get better at kiting and surviving you can replace your defensive with offensive gear.

As far as skill builds go and killing mobs:

Caltrops - Jagged Spikes (snare rune)
RoV - Stampede
SS - Lingering Fog
Prep - Backup Plan
Your Primary
Your Secondary

I say those specifically because it works well for the choke-point-laden areas leading up to Warden and Butcher. Basically you'll want to clear an area, then if you run into a champion or rare funnel them through a doorway. Lay Caltrops before, in, and after the door (don't overlap). When they hit the first of the three just unload on them. When they get to the doorway pop stampede in their face to knock them back allowing you to build up hatred and let disc regen for more traps or a possible SS. If you need more time to kill, just let them through the door and SS past them repeating those steps as they come at you from the other side of the door.

If you want to play a different way/build/gear then that's a different write-up :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom