• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

Blizzard should refund the costs of jewelcrafting or leveling up the crafters. It's not like it would be that hard to do. At least the levels. 20k -> 100gold is ridiculous

Wouldn't do much good now. Would have done us a lot of good back when the game was new, though... Think of all that gold we'd have had as we were leveling, especially since gold was worth more then than it was now.

Telaso

Banned
You guys are scaring the crap out of me....

I had 185% ias yesterday at 119k damage with SS up.... I'm afraid to log in today :(

Maybe just start a wizard and not look back.

Pre-patch I would say that's a bit low for beyond A2. However now I would think you can survive at least 1 hit from most mobs in A3 which is really the crucial part since you can then start your evasive action.

I haven't been in A3 yet though so I can't say for certain. Gear wise seems like you'd be ok, just need to find a good skill setup.
well pre-patch I solo'd to act 4 with it, lol. Except I had 26K dps instead of 21K. No sharpshooter. And by solo'd to act 4 I mean I ran for my life if I was faced with elites I couldn't beat. AKA 90% of them.

Even though this ring I just looted in act 1 today helps me a bit (adds 2K HP and 1K dps for me), I've decided to sell it.

How much do you guys think I can get rmah? I'm thinking a lot. I was thinking of putting it up for $150-$250.

srd60.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder what effects the repair cost increase is going to have on the economy. Will it cause deflation, making gold worth more and auction house items worth less? Or just be an annoyance.

For the ring, if you can get $150, great. But it doesn't look like that great of a ring to me. I will value it at $3. Just compare it to similar rings though.

Vodh

Only had 2 ias rings and lost 12k DPS. Can't afford repairs. Can't even farm act 1 Inferno reliably.

I think I'm done punishing myself.

2 ias rings used to give you ~30% dps buff. So you're saying your DPS dropped from 80k to 68k and you can't farm act 1 reliably? You're doing something wrong. Unless you've got ridiculous +crit damage and that's it, and you're talking about full sharpshooter dps, then i can see you struggling. But then again act 3/4 hell drop up to ilvl 62 now, and if it's the critdmg/sharpshooter dps it would mean your real dps is at around, dunno, 18k? In which case act3/4 hell should be a good place to even find some upgrades, let alone farm cash for AH stuff.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Even though this ring I just looted in act 1 today helps me a bit (adds 2K HP and 1K dps for me), I've decided to sell it.

How much do you guys think I can get rmah? I'm thinking a lot. I was thinking of putting it up for $150-$250.

srd60.png

wait, 150 or 250????? seriously? or you just screwing with us

Lesath

This is less than minute or two into the ghom fight, only 1 corner left gas free, which quickly filled up as I moved into that area.
Screenshot029.jpg

This is when enraged:

Screenshot031.jpg

I spent most of the time moving through the gas to empty areas and healing.

Still ready to try if anyone wants to jump in.

GJS#1663

Do you have any life on hit? 1k+ with Fists of Thunder was pretty much how I cleared him pre-patch.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

srd60.png

jesus man you're dreaming.

put it for 5$ bid. 50$ buyout, if you really think it's worth as much as you hope.

unless my item perception of the rmah is way off.

rCIZZLE

My only other suggestion would be to run a temperature monitor for your video card. Make sure your video card isn't overheating and throttling itself down. If you've already done that, I can't think of anything else.

Well, I think I've found the problem. Buying an acer laptop was a mistake since they appear to shortcut where it matters most. I was checking CPU temps and they're pretty fucking high - 95 degrees even with nothing except D3 running. Then it throttles down to 1/3 performance. This is the only game I've noticed this with. :\

TommyT

srd60.png

I'd give you quite a bit of gold for that... but I dont' think it will rmah for much.

Dahbomb

I wonder what effects the repair cost increase is going to have on the economy. Will it cause deflation, making gold worth more and auction house items worth less? Or just be an annoyance.
I had to sell one of my MF items for cheap to have enough gold to repair my DH. I wouldn't be surprised if there are people like me out there who need the money so desperately they will start emptying their stash for some cheap bucks.

jesus man you're dreaming.

put it for 5$ bid. 50$ buyout, if you really think it's worth as much as you hope.

unless my item perception of the rmah is way off.
I've sold MUUUCH worse for 10-15 bucks.

High dex and vit is great for range classes, the increased attack speed is the cherry on top. Let alone the resistance.

Never underestimate what some people are willing to pay. I remember last time I asked here if I should sell an amulet, you guys said it aint worth much, sold it for 10 bucks lol.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I had to sell one of my MF items for cheap to have enough gold to repair my DH. I wouldn't be surprised if there are people like me out there who need the money so desperately they will start emptying their stash for some cheap bucks.

It makes me glad I got my self back upto 800k last night, I was down to like 5k.

High dex and vit is great for range classes, the increased attack speed is the cherry on top. Let alone the resistance.

Never underestimate what some people are willing to pay. I remember last time I asked here if I should sell an amulet, you guys said it aint worth much, sold it for 10 bucks lol.

Yeah, I have sold some pretty crappy rings for $10... I'll don't think you will get more then $20 though. Prove us wrong though, would love to see it.

Slightly annoyed they made it so weapon racks don't gurrentee a drop anymore, it makes me sad inside to not see the item flip though the air, hoping it is something worthwhile.

Lesath

srd60.png

I disagree with the other guys. IAS is still valuable, even if there is less of it to go around. The huge dex and vit bonuses make it valuable for a lightning resist monk. I'd argue you'd be hard pressed to do better for stats.

OK, my DH build is completely F'd. Even with 50k DPS, i'm getting smoked since I need to burn disc on vault or SS when enemies get close, which they do much more often now that NT sucks. I switched up to impale and it drains hatred like no other. Any DH's wanna poke holes in this build? Resists and HP are low, yes, but for a class that's built on damage and evasion, I don't see the point. Now that the damage is taken away, shit sucks.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

srd60.png

You're really bad with prices, and you ask about them a lot and don't learn or appear to want to do your own research on the AH.

That ring only has 3 significant stats. There are 3 filters in the AH. Fill them in, push the search button, sort by lowest buyout price -- there you have it.

sleepykyo

Are you saying they've managed to screw up both inferno viable DH builds with one patch? Nice work Blizzard.

The DH is going to be the toughest by far to fix.

For one thing, the DH lacks resiliency. Barbarian obvious, Monks can either go for increased armor and evasion or regen and resistance, the Wizard can run force armor and presumably the pets will eventually get buffed enough that they can serve as tanks for the WD.

For another, DH doesn't do anything except shoot arrows for massive damage. There isn't a whole lot of room to play with.

I disagree with the other guys. IAS is still valuable, even if there is less of it to go around. The huge dex and vit bonuses make it valuable for a lightning resist monk. I'd argue you'd be hard pressed to do better for stats.
that's what I'm saying! As far as rings go, where you gonna find that. When I looked it up on both AH, there were only 2 in the gold house, 15 mil and 20 something mil. And the rmah only had 3, all for huge ass dollars.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
DEAD SERIOUS. Obviously I got that price by searching up same stats on the rmah. Prices were all higher than 150 I believe I think it was 250, 240, and 195 for similar.

Well my experience is that people like to just screw and see if some sucker will bite - but I hardly think the chances of that are good. Maybe I'm wrong because I only use the gold AH but I can't see the price difference being that great

Woo-Fu

Banned
Before:

4tjDA.jpg

After:

MttuX.jpg

Lost 16912.55 DPS (Roughly 1/3)
Lost 1.05 Attacks per Second

Not great, might have to switch back to a Vision Quest build, particularly if it is more survivable in Act 2 and beyond with the decreased difficulties. Attack speed is still pretty good, in terms of kiting, just not a firehose of darts.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

geuss we arent aware of the dumbness of the general public!

one of the reasons I havn't put a dollar of my own money on the rmah.

good luck though, let us know how it turns out!

Ashhong

Wouldn't do much good now. Would have done us a lot of good back when the game was new, though... Think of all that gold we'd have had as we were leveling, especially since gold was worth more then than it was now.

It would help with these damn repair costs...I paid like 100k+ in leveling and crafting gems a couple of weeks ago. Big mistake.

You're really bad with prices, and you ask about them a lot and don't learn or appear to want to do your own research on the AH.

That ring only has 3 significant stats. There are 3 filters in the AH. Fill them in, push the search button, filter by lowest buyout price -- there you have it.
umm I'm asking because things are different now post-patch, of course I looked it up in the AH. But I don't know when those were put up. Seems before patch. I'm assuming it still has value.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member

So I get some high dxt - great - my monk loves that - but I am not paying a premium for that when beyond the high dxt/vitality there is not much going on for the ring.

TommyT

that's what I'm saying! As far as rings go, where you gonna find that. When I looked it up on both AH, there were only 2 in the gold house, 15 mil and 20 something mil. And the rmah only had 3, all for huge ass dollars.

Don't forget they're still there because they aren't being bought. Just because it has a price of whatever doesn't mean it's going to sell for that, otherwise it would have already.

Most people put idiotic numbers on items when they go to sell them; don't be like them. Price it for something reasonable and sell it instead of just sitting on it (unless you want to use it that is).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I also may be crazy, but I think they made Teleport work better for getting though walls.

Also, I just went to the Highlands Passage before the Warden, and there was no event at all. I didn't think that was possible. I always get ether the weapon maker or the merchant.

Kenaras

Well, I think I've found the problem. Buying an acer laptop was a mistake since they appear to shortcut where it matters most. I was checking CPU temps and they're pretty fucking high - 95 degrees even with nothing except D3 running. Then it throttles down to 1/3 performance. This is the only game I've noticed this with. :\

Glad to hear you're making progress on the problem. I also had huge problems getting decent performance out of the game, and no problems with any other games. For some reason Diablo 3 just puts massive stress on your hardware. My video card was running over 100 degrees Celsius.

spirity

what.jpg

Was just about to move off after killing a whateveryoucallabluepack, clicked on the ground but accidentally looted these. I would have missed them otherwise. I was just going through the motions, bored with the game tbh and wondering why I even logged in. Then all of a sudden, I'm enthused after finding these and I've got that ol' item hunt scratch back again.

Maybe there's something in that. Some sort of psychological mechanic Blizzard could exploit - offering cool shit to keep you playing. I think Blizz should look into that.

Sigmaah

I'm getting destroyed on ACT 1 with my DH, I have 17K damage and 25K health and still getting raped.

Stats are

Strength 779
Dex 1315
Intelligence 351
Vit 727
Armor 3111
DPS 17890

I'm assuming I need more armor and resist? what resists do I need specifically? HELP A NOOB OUT!

Lesath

So I get some high dxt - great - my monk loves that - but I am not paying a premium for that when beyond the high dxt/vitality there is not much going on for the ring.

The price you are willing to pay for an item is not necessarily the price someone else is willing to pay. What he has linked right there is better than what most Inferno monks are using. The same reasoning is why my 26% block Stormshield was purchased for a fraction of the cost of the 30%+ Stormshields.

Maybe it could have been improved with an additional All Resist attribute, or meager amounts of LoH. The only viable alternative roll to IAS is Crit%/Crit DMG. IAS is still amazing for LoH and LpSS.

inky

Cementery > Festering Woods > Halls of Agony is the new Butcher run. 2 pages and half my inventory full of rares and I've yet to get to the jail area. Couple of lvl 63s too.

Next up, some Maghda runs to run some item comparisons.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So....about that STR, son

p96zN.jpg

...is this item still a useless piece, or is it something viable for a tankish build?

Definitely viable, in my opinion.

It would be insane if it had 500+ Life on Hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom