• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
So....about that STR, son

p96zN.jpg

...is this item still a useless piece, or is it something viable for a tankish build?

put it on rmah! dumb people love high numbers!

LukeSmith

So build with some resists in mind rather than just glass-cannoning it up. Barbs and Monks are doing well now because we had to reduce damage. DHs can't instantly blow shit up now so surviving it and getting away is going to be the priority.

Also, Ball Lightning is gonna be my main Hatred skill now, heh.

I was wondering if Ball Lightning was going to come back into the fold. I really liked this skill. My DH dropped from 39k to 32k dps (Sharpshooter not included), so I'm not too sad.

Prepatch my Act 3 Inferno DH was using Entangling Shot | Elemental Arrow | Shadow Power/Gloom | Smok Screen | Caltrops | Preparation

Probably overly defensive, but I was enjoying it.

It seems like if nothing else, I hope this "nerf" encourages new builds.

I dusted off my Wizard last night to get a pre-patch Inferno Diablo Kill and totally had forgotten how much I enjoyed that class-spec was totally cookie cutter (Blizzard, Diamond, Piercing Orb, Veno Hydra, Teleport, Force Armor). Maybe I'll unretire my Inferno monk and give that a shot again too with the flattened damage.

Alright, my apologies if this has been asked already, but I searched the past couple of pages and couldn't find anything.

Just updated with the patch and my game seems weird. My followers are all back to level 13 and actually have negative experience, and my main character (Barbarian), doesn't gain any experience, period. The experience totals don't even come up when I complete a quest, and right now it says he has something like 96,700/0.

Anyone having similar problems? Can anyone point me in a direction to go to try and fix this? Again, sorry if this has already been asked but this thread is moving insanely fast. Thanks in advance.

Thoraxes

better char stats. ;)
Ahhh.
DH super nerfed basically.

Blizzard can't balance for shit.

My barb had a hard time completing act 3 pre-patch with a 29% SS, 1k+ resist all, 11k damage and 62k HP. After selling some of my items on the RMAH, I'm at 10k damage with a 2hander, 900 Resist all, 60k hp. No damage reduction whatsoever. Act 3 is a cakewalk. Meanwhile, DH's were super nerfed to the point where they're the new Monk. Most of their old builds are no longer viable and hey guess what? 100 of hours down the drain.

Ah, ok. i've only moderately leveled my Wizard (who is progressing through inferno) and a Monk to the last 30's, so I have no idea about the other classes.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Alright, my apologies if this has been asked already, but I searched the past couple of pages and couldn't find anything.

Just updated with the patch and my game seems weird. My followers are all back to level 13 and actually have negative experience, and my main character (Barbarian), doesn't gain any experience, period. The experience totals don't even come up when I complete a quest, and right now it says he has something like 96,700/0.

Anyone having similar problems? Can anyone point me in a direction to go to try and fix this? Again, sorry if this has already been asked but this thread is moving insanely fast. Thanks in advance.

Hahahaha, oh blizzard, people complain about every. Little. Thing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150757469?page=1

AMIRITE GUYS?!?! Give 'em some slack!

Other people having the same issue.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like if you are going for rares, normal elite packs are better to farm then bosses now, while the bosses still drop a shit ton of blues.

Also, I have been using the Entrantress for a bit, and everytime she says "Look, over there", I am compelled to say "More hidden foot prints"

V_Arnold

Seems like a bug that flags you as Starter Edition.
Open a support ticket, describe this problem, they will fix it asap, I imagine.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Hahahaha, oh blizzard, people complain about every. Little. Thing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150757469?page=1

AMIRITE GUYS?!?! Give 'em some slack!

uhhhhh. if i wasnt getting exp I'd be pretty f*cking pissed too.

give them slack? im sorry man, I feel for the company but dont release such a broken product. this feature is a key mechanic. it should be 100%. god. if Legend of Zelda II can count exp. diablo 3 should be able to.

keiichi

Try changing your battle.net password, that seems to have worked for some people on the official forums.

Deadly

Well geared monks and barbs should be pretty happy. My friend just said he loss some dps but he can tank everything but it takes so long it gets kinda boring.

Wizards: What to do about IAS? Get crit chance instead?

give them slack? im sorry man, I feel for the company but dont release such a broken product. this feature is a key mechanic. it should be 100%. god. if Legend of Zelda II can count exp. diablo 3 should be able to.

Yeah seems like an odd topic to pick in choosing to showcase people complaining about nonsense, it actually seems like a legitimate problem to worry about.

GJS

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

He was being facetious.

And yay, bug fix for it is to reset your password.

Yeah seems like an odd topic to pick in choosing to showcase people complaining about nonsense, it actually seems like a legitimate problem to worry about.

Might want to change the batteries in your ol' sarcasm detectors, gentlemen.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Is anyone else having NV stack issues? I had 5 stacks I then killed an elite pack and my NV stack went down to 2... lol

Neki

The Wizard has like the least mobility. Sure, he has a teleport, but thats it, thats his only 'Move fast'/gap closer/escape he has.

Wizard has the most escape mechanisms and most effective defensive abilities though of all ranged classes

The Wizard has like the least mobility. Sure, he has a teleport, but thats it, thats his only 'Move fast'/gap closer/escape he has.

Not true, you keep things movin at 60% snare with Blizz, and you can go Illusionist passive and have 5 decoy Illusion and 2 decoy teleport. Between all that and them getting reset everytime you get hit for 15% of your life, other than close quarters/boss fights, a Wizard will never get touched.

Cipherr

His petty snarky bullshit last night really lowered my opinion of him. I have a general disdain for community managers, but his "be a dick while beating around the bush" routine last night to two of the most hardcore Diablo III players out there was really out of line, especially considering his role at Blizzard.

And then it turns out he was wrong! What a worthless fucking cocksucker.

Sweet justice. Man he was being a TOTAL ass, and he wasn't even sure? Figures.

Inferno ponies is still easy as a glass cannon DH with crap gear, the bad part is I only found 3 elite packs in a full clear and clouds only drop coins.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So do people actually play this game, or does GAF just play the AH all day?

All I hear on the GAF mumble is people selling things on the AH/RMAH and on D2JSP.

linsivvi

well pre-patch I solo'd to act 4 with it, lol. Except I had 26K dps instead of 21K. No sharpshooter. And by solo'd to act 4 I mean I ran for my life if I was faced with elites I couldn't beat. AKA 90% of them.

I killed all elites, solo'ed till Diablo. Now I'm dying to elites in Act 2. Granted, the server is now performing like shit and I get lag spike every minute, but still. This is just no fun. I think I'll go back and play monk.

Xanathus

Does anyone know whether what Athene said about the +% damage on legendaries is true? I bought a Storm Crow that has +5% Lightning Damage but the damage is definitely not reflected in my damage number. It's hard to tell from actually attacking because of the range in numbers.

Vodh

Well, I think I've found the problem. Buying an acer laptop was a mistake since they appear to shortcut where it matters most. I was checking CPU temps and they're pretty fucking high - 95 degrees even with nothing except D3 running. Then it throttles down to 1/3 performance. This is the only game I've noticed this with. :\

Buy a can of air duster, loot your room for a sturdy box that's about 1 inch high, clean every single hole you can find on your laptop with the air duster, and then instead of laying the laptop flat put the box under the edge at the back, so that there's room under your laptop. I've had similar issues with BF:BC2 and this worked like charm - the issue comes back maybe twice a year, and the air duster always fixes things for me.

Neki

I'd like to see how many hits a fully resist geared DH can actually take from A3/A4. I'm guessing that one Oppressor bum rush would still be death.

Spears only hit me for 8-9k without Shadow Power, and melee hits from Blood clans only hit me for 12-16k.

linsivvi

I'd like to see how many hits a fully resist geared DH can actually take from A3/A4. I'm guessing that one Oppressor bum rush would still be death.

Exactly. The DH is just not designed to be able to take hits. The high repair cost plus the IAS and nether tentacle nerf just makes it not fun to play any more. With my monk and I can keep the left mouse button pressed and sit there all day. Guess that's what Blizzard wants since you need to play the AH game a lot more with melee classes.

Kyoufu

Patch is awesome. Just took a dump on a bajillion elite packs in act 3 without much problem.

I got a crappy legendary and an upgrade to my boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom