• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

Exactly. The DH is just not designed to be able to take hits. The high repair cost plus the IAS and nether tentacle nerf just makes it not fun to play any more. With my monk and I can keep the left mouse button pressed and sit there all day. Guess that's what Blizzard wants since you need to play the AH game a lot more with melee classes.

DH has skills which suggest otherwise.

How are DHs killing Siegebreaker now that he has Damage Reflect

With LoH, Life steal, regen, pots, and a healing merc.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
We're talking about an oppressor, not that piddly shit in act 1.

Who is going to be farming oppressors when you get the same loot with the same odds in Act III?

So your comment is irrelevant.

Seth C

I just spent like, 30 mins crafting the 600+ gems I had stocked up because I heard about the money changes.

Not just gems though. The raid sword I like (I'm only level 52) used to cost a ton of resources plus 10k gold. Now it is few resources and less than 2k gold. A lot more room to try repeatedly for good rolls.

Sigmaah

Fuck this shit, just gonna play another character for now, too much gold being wasted on repairing, and I need gold to buy better shit but I'm not looking to pay like $7 for a mill gold.

I'm thinking Witch Doctor, are they a fun class?

Neki

Fuck this shit, just gonna play another character for now, too much gold being wasted on repairing, and I need gold to buy better shit but I'm not looking to pay like $7 for a mill gold.

I'm thinking Witch Doctor, are they a fun class?

I'd go a wizard personally. ;)

nitric0

So Ghom is kinda broken atm. He fills the entire room with gas in under 1 min and it's impossible to kill him. Waste of 5 stacks :(((

The tears on the official forums over the IAS nerf are hilarious. So many people threatening to sue/quit (quit diablo and go back to WoW. Seriously).

Ferrio

Banned
The tears on the official forums over the IAS nerf are hilarious. So many people threatening to sue/quit (quit diablo and go back to WoW. Seriously).

It's actually not that funny. You gotta figure people spent absurd amounts of real money on their real auction house on items that are not even close to worth that price anymore. I'm sure quite a few people got seriously burned.

Seth C

Yeah, him and another streamer from Sweeden do the same thing. Buy mats off the AH, craft all day, make a LOT of gold.

While that's cool, what I really meant was that it is now a more legitimate way to get items to use if, like me, you refuse to equip yourself from the auction house.

forrest

formerly nacire
Everyone calling Demon Hunters cheese before today's patch are full of it. Clearing all of Inferno was incredibly difficult when the slightest thing can one shot you. Plenty of the other Demon Hunters I know wouldn't even brave Act 4 let alone had a pretty difficult time in Act 3.

kpeezy

Banned
I still do 106k DPS after the patch but I lost 20k DPS. 170-250 resists with around 25k HP. I basically survive one hit from almost anything including most but not all boss attacks (cleared act 3 in one run through ezpz).

We'll see how I do tonight, I've learned how every enemy/ability in the game works so hopefully nothing changes for me and I just dodge everything like I've always done.

I don't see why glass cannon builds won't be even better in groups now.

edit: bliz definitely made my style of playing much more cost prohibitive :( People say I was playing the game wrong/abusing the game and they're glad I got punished for it? LOL! Self righteous idiots. I think maxing out DPS and then actually learning how to play the game and what the enemies do is the funnest way but I guess I'm objectively wrong. I should be buying resist gear so I can stand still and shoot, you know, play the game proper.

Crumpet

Neo Member
A crossbow that Diablo himself would be proud of !

lN6tp.jpg

Sigmaah

I'd go a wizard personally. ;)

I watch my little brother use his lvl 60 Wizard, seems really fun!

I just wish there was a way to level up really fast and get a lot of gold really fast as well...

I would play with other people but no one seems to wanna play :<

TommyT

Compared to other classes? Not really.

Like I said, my monk could just sit there all day, which is no fun either but at least I don't need to worry about repair costs.

You didn't say compared to other classes. You just said they weren't designed to take hits. They can take hits just fine if geared properly and even more so with certain skills. Sure, they can't take hits as well other other classes, but that doesn't mean it can't be done at all.

LiK

I watch my little brother use his lvl 60 Wizard, seems really fun!

I just wish there was a way to level up really fast and get a lot of gold really fast as well...

I would play with other people but no one seems to wanna play :<

i am disappointed most guys in my list are just soloing Inferno at this point to farm. i should just delete them off my list.

Ashodin

You didn't say compared to other classes. You just said they weren't designed to take hits. They can take hits just fine if geared properly and even more so with certain skills. Sure, they can't take hits as well other other classes, but that doesn't mean it can't be done at all.

Numbing Traps passive. 25% less damage for 3 seconds.

It's actually not that funny. You gotta figure people spent absurd amounts of real money on their real auction house on items that are not even close to worth that price anymore. I'm sure quite a few people got seriously burned.

I'm with you on this one. It'd be funny if we hadn't all spent $60 on this game expecting a finished, balanced product--much less those folks who spent additional dollars for equipment destined to be busted.

It's a rational expectation that once they introduced the RMAH, they wouldn't be breaking the items a week later.

Cipherr

whatever2jpg.png

From 4 to 5 stacks in Inferno Act 2 in no time, no deaths and no difficulty whatsoever. Swapped Nether Tent to Ball lightning which still hits a target more than once but does less damage in exchange for an absolutely massive hitbox. And massive is probably an understatement. Fire these down any path or corridor and absolutely everything is getting tagged.

If these changes were what it takes to get the class envying DH haters to STFU then a celebration is in order. Im heading back to farm Act 3. Not even reflect damage will phase you with the incredible life leech Ball Lightning gives you when it tags a mob multiple times per shot.

RDreamer

I'm about to throw my goddamned mouse at the wall. They fixed those moloks, but the fucking firemages are insane still. 2 hits run run run run run run 2 hits run run run run run enrage timer FUUUUUUU.... Illusionist with one of those things is an exercise in madness.

eek5

I'm about to throw my goddamned mouse at the wall. They fixed those moloks, but the fucking firemages are insane still. 2 hits run run run run run run 2 hits run run run run run enrage timer FUUUUUUU.... Illusionist with one of those things is an exercise in madness.

Yeah there are some mobs that are still terrible as far as fight/flee AI goes.

Everyone calling Demon Hunters cheese before today's patch are full of it. Clearing all of Inferno was incredibly difficult when the slightest thing can one shot you. Plenty of the other Demon Hunters I know wouldn't even brave Act 4 let alone had a pretty difficult time in Act 3.
After seeing Kripp do Act 2 with a Barb awhile back, I was convinced that the DH's "die a lot to succeed" playstyle was ultimately inferior when it comes to handling more difficult and demanding tasks. It was evident that they were gonna get hit super hard.

I'm with you on this one. It'd be funny if we hadn't all spent $60 on this game expecting a finished, balanced product--much less those folks who spent additional dollars for equipment destined to be busted.

It's a rational expectation that once they introduced the RMAH, they wouldn't be breaking the items a week later.
I'm not going to try and justify Blizzard's actions because it's impossible, but they DID talk about plans to nerf attack speed before the RMAH actually came online, so there was at least a small heads up that it was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom