• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDenny

All my boots I crafted were complete crap, not even a single one worth listing in ah.
Hopefully I was just unlucky and crafting wasn't nerf this patch.

Sigmaah

i am disappointed most guys in my list are just soloing Inferno at this point to farm. i should just delete them off my list.

I always ask people on my list if they wanna play, I either get no reply or just "I'm busy right now"

I don't blame them for farming, but hey, lets farm together at least!

:<

RDreamer

I'm starting to not like the DH nerf. Now when I party with them we always hit the enrage timer... they're not doing enough damage while they're alive... and I feel like they're way more reluctant to come back due to the huge repair bills. So I'm doing fine, but they're not :(

MrDaravon

Yeah, the repair cost increase is too much; I play with a couple of people who are level 60 but don't have super high end gear (even less so than me) and trying to progress in Act 3 not only was NOT any easier, repair costs outright bankrupted one of them. And I'm fine with the NT nerf except for the fact that I still get killed in the exact same number of hits from enemies (either 1, 2 if I'm lucky) and I also now don't have anything to mitigate Reflect Damage except SS which can be very hit or miss depending on how many enemies one of my Elemental Arrows is hitting, etc. The problem that a lot of the people LOL'ing about DH's in this thread don't realize that even if we "gear up" to take hits the class is still just outright not built for that. I'd have to sacrifice like 75% of my attack damage to take maybe 2 more hits, and at that point my damage output is so low that surviving 2 more hits isn't going to matter for shit. It's certainly not impossible, but it's significantly harder for this class than I think most people realize, and requires gears/insane amounts of money that almost no one has.

So now we continue to farm Act 1, which is what we were doing before :/. There's a noticeable increase in drops and quality which is great, but I'm going to need to get a uber lucky drop in Act 1 or tens of millions of Gold (I've never had more than about 1.8, and this isn't helping) to get gear good enough to progress without dying all the time now.

I'm starting to not like the DH nerf. Now when I party with them we always hit the enrage timer... they're not doing enough damage while they're alive... and I feel like they're way more reluctant to come back due to the huge repair bills. So I'm doing fine, but they're not :(

Yup, this is exactly what was happening to me, we actually had to outright abandon a run because someone literally ran out of money.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I always ask people on my list if they wanna play, I either get no reply or just "I'm busy right now"

I don't blame them for farming, but hey, lets farm together at least!

:<

Maybe they don't want you stealing their drops?

Edit: ^Love your avatar!

I'm not going to try and justify Blizzard's actions because it's impossible, but they DID talk about plans to nerf attack speed before the RMAH actually came online, so there was at least a small heads up that it was coming.

Ya, a lot of people knew it was coming, but the majority of the players don't follow those things, so it's gray at best. I'm not sure why Blizzard didn't delay RMAH the week until 1.03 dropped (or later). I mean, "I'm sure it was money" but that's just another part of new Blizzard that I don't love.

Edit: Game related--- What's a standard monk build? I'm leveling mine now and wondering what skills I should be getting used to.

Tom Penny

My Monk fully approves of festering woods to crypts to Butcher runs. So many rares not that I got anything really usefull but's it's great to no you have a chance unlike before. Knowing that I can get 10-20 rares a run makes me :)

Cipherr

Wow.... in before the nerf? I havent even left my Act 2 game yet, was just going to clear through belial with my 5 stacks but now Im just hunting packs in every dungeon or in the fields, I am wrecking this shit and the loot is incredible.

Im going to grind this all I can, the ilvl drops are fantastic and you get a truckload of exquisite essence that you can just dump off on the AH for hundreds of thousands. (Before the prices on them collapse that is.)

scy

Ya, a lot of people knew it was coming, but the majority of the players don't follow those things, so it's gray at best. I'm not sure why Blizzard didn't delay RMAH the week until 1.03 dropped (or later). I mean, "I'm sure it was money" but that's just another part of new Blizzard that I don't love.

Well, for what it's worth, the design update and IAS Change were on the launcher for awhile.

Neki

I'm a a demon hunter. I'm the last of them. They're all gone. I'm the only survivor. I'm left travelling on my own because there's no-one else.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Glad everyone is enjoying 1.0.3.

Wow.... in before the nerf? I havent even left my Act 2 game yet, was just going to clear through belial with my 5 stacks but now Im just hunting packs in every dungeon or in the fields, I am wrecking this shit and the loot is incredible.

Im going to grind this all I can, the ilvl drops are fantastic and you get a truckload of exquisite essence that you can just dump off on the AH for hundreds of thousands. (Before the prices on them collapse that is.)

No more 1 shot from the invis snake retards? (eu side here.)

Ferrio

Banned
Didn't even enjoy my DH before the patch, doubt I'll find much fun after.

Though damn should of waited to sell my bow.... it didn't have any attack speed on it.. could of gotton 50 more.

Tom Penny

Wait until you get higher Crit chance and use Cyclone on Sweeping Wind.

I actually have nothing with crit increases for my Monk. What are the overall benefits? I'm mostly Dex, Vitality, and resistances on armour build. Most of my vitality comes from a weapon LOL. Then some alright LOH weapons at like 1.75 attach speed.

MrDaravon

Okay, so in light of the patch hitting today I'll re-post this from yesterday (didn't get any replies), what would people recommend I specifically upgrade next? I'm currently sitting at about 2.2 million (the most I've ever had), but some casual searching indicated I should probably wait until I had at least 3 million, but then I was also wary of what exactly was going to happen with the patch today. Everything below is the same EXCEPT my damage is now about 37k. Offhand I'm thinking maybe replace all my dex gems with vit gems now?

EQmq4.png

NrrVZ.png
XuKOl.png
PeVXP.png

KFP0p.png
uAfth.png
IpGdO.png

PV7Sq.png
Cn215.png
NRZep.png

J9cZ7.png
RE8TU.png
AXQP9.png

fyW1J.png

Won

opressors can charge offscreen, also completely impossible to spot if you're heading south (the cast bar blocks view totally)

Just means you need to be extra careful in Act 4. Normal Oppressors were just always pretty low on my "bullshit" list. Their health pool is way too small to be a real threat. Elite packs on the other side are just dumb of course.

Deadly

Didn't even enjoy my DH before the patch, doubt I'll find much fun after.

Though damn should of waited to sell my bow.... it didn't have any attack speed on it.. could of gotton 50 more.
I'm stuck on the other end here. Should have sold before because it loss about 100dps and is now in WORTHLESS zone.

Shouta

I actually have nothing with crit increases for my Monk. What are the overall benefits? I'm mostly Dex, Vitality, and resistances on armour build. Most of my vitality comes from a weapon LOL. Then some alright LOH weapons at like 1.75 attach speed.

Higher damage output and more access to the benefits of certain runes. Several Runes require critical hits to use effectively like Sweeping Wind - Cyclone or Fists of Thunder - Quickening. Now that the required level of resists you need to survive has been effectively lowered, you can adjust your gear to find a better mix between damage production and survival.

Hey Shouta, what's a common monk build at 60 that is effective? I'm trying to plan mine out and the official forums are a bit of a nightmare.

This is probably the most common Monk build prior to the 1.0.3 patch

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bYgXjQ!YUX!Zcabcc

It's still very effective but it prioritizes defense. You can actually scale it back a bit to find a level you're comfortable with.

This is my most common build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aYgXih!YUX!ZcYbZc

Similarly defensive but emphasizes evasion over defense and gives you a few more methods to kill enemies quickly.

I'm doing this build at the moment though it's a little hit or miss in Inferno ponies with 700 resist

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aYgXik!YUX!YcYbca

You need Crit chance/crit damage to make the most of this build because of Quickening/Cyclone

linsivvi

You didn't say compared to other classes. You just said they weren't designed to take hits. They can take hits just fine if geared properly and even more so with certain skills. Sure, they can't take hits as well other other classes, but that doesn't mean it can't be done at all.

Do I need to explain everything in details and write multiple paragraphs? It is implied.

A monk with the same vit, armor and resist as a DH will survive much better than a DH ever will because that's what a monk is supposed to do. DH is simply not designed to function like that. You can twist your build and skills to play it like a melee class, it's just not as effective and it shouldn't be.

Cipherr

No more 1 shot from the invis snake retards? (eu side here.)

Ive been passed the point where they could one or two shot me for a while. But I do still get the feeling everything hits like a wet noodle. I have a full page of rares right now, just killed ZK because there was nearly nowhere else to find packs. Headed to belial now.

TommyT

:lol!!!! Just got back into A3 and those spear throwing guys hit for 5-6k! What a joke this is now

edit: Guess that was the low end, still doesn't hit for nearly what it used to.

Do I need to explain everything in details and write multiple paragraphs? It is implied.

A monk with the same vit, armor and resist as a DH will survive much better than a DH ever will because that's what a monk is supposed to do. DH is simply not designed to function like that. You can twist your build and skills to play it like a melee class, it's just not as effective and it shouldn't be.

No you don't need to explain everything in detail so long as you don't just make a general statement that blatantly false. Who said anything about twisting a build to play like a melee class?

eek5

Are there enrage timers in Hardcore?

Yeah. It's dumb as hell and I'm not sure why they've done this. Farming bosses isn't even lucrative anymore and it's too risky. You're better off just starting the act on the last quest and clearing every single champion pack now

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Are there enrage timers in Hardcore?

Yes. I don't know how they are after the patch, but some of them were so extreme that your HP would just melt away in like 3 seconds if you were even close to the enraged mob.

jkoch

Am I correct that the potential properties on an item are determined by the base item ilvl, and not the act that the item is found in? And if that's true and I am able to kill elites twice as fast in act 1 as act 2 or 4 times as fast as act 3/4, and in addition wear MF gear; then I am better off farming act 1 than later acts?

Shouta

Yeah. It's dumb as hell and I'm not sure why they've done this. Farming bosses isn't even lucrative anymore and it's too risky. You're better off just starting the act on the last quest and clearing every single champion pack now

DPS check! Get only the survivability you need and dump the rest into damage to ream them.

Is probably what they're thinking. Funny now that bosses might actually be harder now compared to pre-patch.

RivalCore

Dropped the Siegebreaker tonight, feels good man! Looking back on it, the process of getting from Act I to where I am in Inferno feels IMMENSE. I've bitched an awful lot, complained a lot more and cursed even more but the time and value I've gotten out of this game is like nothing other.

Finally upgraded most of my gear tonight as well. Sold off all my IAS gear as soon as GAF gave me the heads up on the nerf so I made out lucky. Have been focusing highly on DEX, All-Res, Fire Res, LoH and Armour.

Now sitting at;

1850 Dex
900 Vit
6.3k Armour
815 Resists
1350 LoH
14.5k DPS.

Looking forward to 1.03 tomorrow. Since crit chance and crit damage seem to be new hotness, I'm going to try and incorporate that into my gear.

Higher damage output and more access to the benefits of certain runes. Several Runes require critical hits to use effectively like Sweeping Wind - Cyclone or Fists of Thunder - Quickening. Now that the required level of resists you need to survive has been effectively lowered, you can adjust your gear to find a better mix between damage production and survival.

This is probably the most common Monk build prior to the 1.0.3 patch

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bYgXjQ!YUX!Zcabcc

It's still very effective but it prioritizes defense. You can actually scale it back a bit to find a level you're comfortable with.

This is my most common build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aYgXih!YUX!ZcYbZc

Similarly defensive but emphasizes evasion over defense and gives you a few more methods to kill enemies quickly.

I'm doing this build at the moment though it's a little hit or miss in Inferno ponies with 700 resist

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aYgXik!YUX!YcYbca

You need Crit chance/crit damage to make the most of this build because of Quickening/Cyclone

Much obliged.

Neki

DPS check! Get only the survivability you need and dump the rest into damage to ream them.

Is probably what they're thinking. Funny now that bosses might actually be harder now compared to pre-patch.

Well on hardcore everyone does 10-30k dps in inferno. Doesn't really help.

As tired as i got of doing Meph runs, I feel like I miss it. I don't like having to play long sessions to get 5 stacks of NV, especially considering that they are so important in getting rares.

kpeezy

Banned
For all the unnecessary things in this patch, I'm sad to see they didn't look into disallowing specific affix combinations.

Now that the best damage increase is + crit dmg I wonder if they'll nerf that too. FOR DIVERSITY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom