• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

So glad I killed Ghom without issues before the patch. Seems like they made him a bit nasty.

Luck is back, with back to back legendaries, one is a ring =D

gmmBK.png

rukland

I'm starting to not like the DH nerf. Now when I party with them we always hit the enrage timer... they're not doing enough damage while they're alive... and I feel like they're way more reluctant to come back due to the huge repair bills. So I'm doing fine, but they're not :(

What are they doing? I mean after the nerfs I am still at about 70k DPS and have not come close to an enrage timer.

Audioboxer

Does anyone play as a Witch Doctor? Seem fairly unpopular.

Starting Nightmare on mine. I love the armour!

Looking for some more serious builds now, just messed around with abilities I liked in Normal mode.

forrest

formerly nacire
I always ask people on my list if they wanna play, I either get no reply or just "I'm busy right now"

I don't blame them for farming, but hey, lets farm together at least!

:<

I like playing with other people, I really do. But when I invite people in all of the sudden it takes way longer to kill anything, the group MF value plummets and the reward vs time suddenly becomes not worth it. :(

Blizzard really needs to address the incentives to grouping up in this game.

Einbroch

Banned
I like playing with other people, I really do. But when I invite people in all of the sudden it takes way longer to kill anything, the group MF value plummets and the reward vs time suddenly becomes not worth it. :(

Didn't they do that today with the patch?

Dahbomb

Did they buff the first time loot drop on Nightmare and Hell on bosses like on Normal? Because if they did I am not feeling any difference.

I read something about that previously.

linsivvi

No you don't need to explain everything in detail so long as you don't just make a general statement that blatantly false. Who said anything about twisting a build to play like a melee class?

How was it blatantly false? I said DH is not designed to take hits. I didn't say you can't take a couple hits and survive, but a DH is designed to dodge and evade attacks, not tank them. There are a couple skills that help you survive hits and that's it. You took my statement out of context and twisted it.

eek5

Did they buff the first time loot drop on Nightmare and Hell on bosses like on Normal? Because if they did I am not feeling any difference.

I read something about that previously.

No, it's something they are considering for a future patch though.

forrest

formerly nacire
Didn't they do that today with the patch?

Did they? If so how? Did they make MF work on an individual level instead of a group level? Did they make it so people get a MF buff for grouping together? I mean the health values haven't changed for group play so it still going to take forever to kill shit unless they entire group is geared up nicely. Dropping mob damage was a start, but it's a far cry from fixing the issue in my opinion.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Yes. This.

Now is the time I once again playfully tease their "do no harm to co-op" philosophy. They are slowly moving in the right direction, though.

Neki

Diablo 3: where killing elite mobs is better than bosses

get 3 rares off 5 nv elite mobs, 2 rares off a boss.

so awesome

MrDaravon

So I just spent most of my money on this:

KFzP8.png

It only dropped my unbuffed damage by a couple hundred but upped my HP by almost 6k (up to a little over 39k now). At this point my unbuffed damage is 36900, as a DH post-patch would it be worth it to just stack Vit gems in all of my 5 slots (3 armor, 2 pants) instead of Dex?

Zzoram

Aud&#943;oboxer;39049974 said:
Does anyone play as a Witch Doctor? Seem fairly unpopular.

Starting Nightmare on mine. I love the armour!

Looking for some more serious builds now, just messed around with abilities I liked in Normal mode.

It's the pet class and has useless pets. Pretty simple solution that Blizzard is ignoring. Not a single WD uses pets in Inferno because they basically die in 1 shot.

kpeezy

Banned
It's the pet class and has useless pets. Pretty simple solution that Blizzard is ignoring. Not a single WD uses pets in Inferno because they basically die in 1 shot.

This, the "tank" pet gets one shot. I don't even know what's good anymore, my roommate has a very good WD but I haven't seen him play it in 1.5 weeks. Bears used to be good DPS but they are apparently having issues post patch.

Zzoram

I like how the Social tab now shows our Battle Tag so we don't have to look up the number. It also now clearly indicates what game the people on your list are playing (ie. D3, SC2)

The Social tab is enormous now, it fills the entire right side of the screen.

forrest

formerly nacire
What the hell does Blizzard want people to do in this game if not farm for loot? This is a pic of a Azmodan inferno kill from today. Notice the single rare as opposed to the usual 3. I like farming elites, but I like to tie them into a boss kill for the finale. With the removed items from destructibles, the nerfed boss loot, and the Demon Hunter changes I'm trying to figure out just what and how Blizzard wants me to play this game.

Got 2 rares off of 5 packs and a Act Boss total. Yeah yeah, I know kill more packs, I get it and I usually do. Just pressed for time and pretty underwhelmed by the results of today's changes.

Sigmaah

hey dawg get your dps to like 25k and we'll talk. :p

I cant because I have no gold to buy things! once I figure out a way to get a lot of gold, ill buy better stuff so I can get my DPS up. At least take me to where I can farm, so then I can farm myself? :>

Oh, I didn't know that, now I get it!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
As tired as i got of doing Meph runs, I feel like I miss it. I don't like having to play long sessions to get 5 stacks of NV, especially considering that they are so important in getting rares.

You must want really short bursts. A butcher run is like... 30 to 40 minutes?

Mitama

Diablo 3: where killing elite mobs is better than bosses

get 3 rares off 5 nv elite mobs, 2 rares off a boss.

so awesome

I get 1-2 rares from an elite pack pretty often (w/o NV), that's with 250%+ mf though. I wonder what it'll be like once the patch hits here. Hope my DPS won't drop that much (DH)! :<

Mephisto runs were 5 mins tops. :p

Ferrio

Banned
So I just spent most of my money on this:

KFzP8.png

It only dropped my unbuffed damage by a couple hundred but upped my HP by almost 6k (up to a little over 39k now). At this point my unbuffed damage is 36900, as a DH post-patch would it be worth it to just stack Vit gems in all of my 5 slots (3 armor, 2 pants) instead of Dex?

Vit is useless unless you have armor and resistances to back it up.

What the hell does Blizzard want people to do in this game if not farm for loot? This is a pic of a Azmodan inferno kill from today. Notice the single rare as opposed to the usual 3. I like farming elites, but I like to tie them into a boss kill for the finale. With the removed items from destructibles, the nerfed boss loot, and the Demon Hunter changes I'm trying to figure out just what and how Blizzard wants me to play this game.

Got 2 rares off of 5 packs and a Act Boss total. Yeah yeah, I know kill more packs, I get it and I usually do. Just pressed for time and pretty underwhelmed by the results of today's changes.

I bet most of those blues were lv55-58

rCIZZLE

Meph runs were nicer. :\ Mainly because you could do an Andy run -> Meph run -> Diablo run -> Baal run plus whatever mix of unique monsters in the same game. And it'd only take you like 20-30 minutes.

I can't even do pony runs now since the clouds drop gold. ALL OF THEM DROP GOLD. What a stupid fucking nerf.

Last night I logged out with 19k dps on my Barb in full tank gear.

Today I logged in with 13.5k dps. I switched into dps gear instead, figuring enemies would be easier so I didn't need 900+ resists. That brought me back up to 19k dps. I then speced for Battle Rage (in place of Threatening Shout) and the passive that gives you +25% damage at max fury (in place of Superstition). That brings me up to about 27k dps with 600+ all resist and 45k HP.

I can easily farm Act 3 with this, just did a 5 stack siegebreaker without a single death, and killed 2 packs of elite soul rippers to boot. Even dropping my resist, armor, and HP pool by this much, I never get below 80-90% HP on Siegebreaker, and never need to pop a potion.

All this running around with 100% MF before NV on my actual dps farming gear. Life is good.

balddemon

Banned
I cant because I have no gold to buy things! once I figure out a way to get a lot of gold, ill buy better stuff so I can get my DPS up. At least take me to where I can farm, so then I can farm myself? :>
Do warden to butcher. I can get you the warden waypoint later if u need it.

MrDaravon

Vit is useless unless you have armor and resistances to back it up.

zvROG.png

Problem is I don't really know how high I'd ideally want my armor/resists for Act 2 or 3. Outside of bad Elite mobs I could do Act 2 okay, but I'm not sure how much that has changed post patch. I think most of my gear (I posted on the last page) could use some sort of upgrade, but need to get that money first. At least I can farm act 1 in semi-decent GF/MF gear without much trouble outside really bad combination elites.

Ugh, post patch I still have the same problem. I get around 7 to 10 fps on a 560ti 448. Didnt happen until patch 1.0.2b, then bam. Anyone know how to fix this? I went to the D3 forums and nothing there helped.

balddemon

Banned

Today I logged in with 13.5k dps. I switched into dps gear instead, figuring enemies would be easier so I didn't need 900+ resists. That brought me back up to 19k dps. I then speced for Battle Rage (in place of Threatening Shout) and the passive that gives you +25% damage at max fury (in place of Superstition). That brings me up to about 27k dps with 600+ all resist and 45k HP.

I can easily farm Act 3 with this, just did a 5 stack siegebreaker without a single death, and killed 2 packs of elite soul rippers to boot. Even dropping my resist, armor, and HP pool by this much, I never get below 80-90% HP on Siegebreaker, and never need to pop a potion.

All this running around with 100% MF before NV on my actual dps farming gear. Life is good.

so ~what~ are your stats now?

ch0mp

I've been running around act1/2 with an unlimited WotB/WW build, killed belial no problem. Normally I would be in tank spec. Having the best time I've had in this game, it feels like I'm actually playing a barbarian now.

Zzoram

Is Zombie Bears bugged now? It gets blocked by the shaman from Big Bad Voodoo and seemingly blocked by my own character

Ouch..my DPS took a dive from 30k to 23k....sigh. Guess I need to buy different gear but I need to farm gold and I don't think I can be bothered with doing it. Gonna try act 2 though

Is Zombie Bears bugged now? It gets blocked by the shaman from Big Bad Voodoo and seemingly blocked by my own character

It gets blocked by everything now, and although I haven't seen the post, word is that in the bug forum blizzard said they'll fix it in 1.04. wTF

eek5

Tomes of Jewelcrafting are way overpriced right now if anyone still in Hell wants to make some extra gold. They were trading at over 2k earlier but down to "only" 1.7k now.

I'm trying to tweak my Wizard to be more Inferno-based now. I stopped using Prodigy for Astral Presence and now I'm wondering if I should keep Galvanizing Ward---360 life per second doesn't seem like much help in Inferno. Thoughts?

Tomes of Jewelcrafting are way overpriced right now if anyone still in Hell wants to make some extra gold. They were trading at over 2k earlier but down to "only" 1.7k now.
Damn. I just used all 60ish of mine to craft gems.

The IAS nerf wouldn't be so bad if it didn't completely change the timing of my kiting. Everything is so slow now that recovery from the swings is making me take a lot of hits even with 24% run speed. It doesn't help that I'm using a staff instead of one hander and source because it's like half the price for twice the DPS and searching sources is impossible right now.

The repair costs feel like a deliberate "Fuck you" to wizards, demon hunters, and anyone else who has been playing glass cannon style so far.

Farming rares and elites instead of resetting my NV stacks to kill bosses is a nice change, but overall, this patch feels like one step forward, two steps back.

Helmholtz

Hey guys, I have a question about the real money auction house.
Do I need to get an authenticator in order to sell things for real money? If so, can I authenticate online somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom