• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

XLNC

Really like 1.0.3 so far with my monk. Act 3 is so much easier. I can stand in one spot and tank against most elite packs, and rarely die.

Ghom, however, was a bitch. Got up to him and lost my NV stack trying to take him down. Got a DH friend to try and help and we couldn't do it. He left and I re-spec'd and I got him the next try just as his enrage timer was going off.

Farming bosses doesn't seem like a great way to get loot right now but farming elites with 5 stack NV (what Blizzard wants you to do) looks pretty good. I was getting 3 rares to drop from them quite often.

Zzoram

Hey guys, I have a question about the real money auction house.
Do I need to get an authenticator in order to sell things for real money? If so, can I authenticate online somehow?

iOS or Android official Battle.net authenticator app is free. You need to also use SMS Protect and register your cell phone if you want to withdraw to PayPal, but just an authenticator is good enough if you take your money in Blizzard store credit.

Zzoram

The Zombie Bears bug better not wait until 1.04 to fix because it totally breaks the Witch Doctor, especially since the IAS nerf also hurts the Poison Darts builds.

balddemon

Banned
help me price this, gaf? only a 2 higher in dps with 187 int and % dmg and max arcane power and one is 1k dps and one is 961dps.that's only wands though. i don't know how it compares to other possible wizard weapons. edit: just checked and its like that for other 1h weps too.
3sj2u.jpg

inky

Two hundred and fifty US dollars, to the first rich person playing a monk that sees it.

Edit: Unless this Inferno nerf is so nerfy that they don't need LOH anymore lol.

Would it really go for that much? I had trouble selling a similar one for $75 with STR instead of dexterity. Heck, the one I have right now has 650 LoH, 160+ STR and Fire Resist (+ something else I forget) and I got it for less than a million and it had been sitting there for a while. I know vitality is a big difference but it still makes me wonder.

Mashing

So what's the goto skill for DH now that NT is nerfed? Is ball lightning a better skill now since it still hits multiple times and has a bigger hit box?

Fuck, jagged spikes (another of my favorite) got nerfed too. That sucks.

Instro

It gets blocked by everything now, and although I haven't seen the post, word is that in the bug forum blizzard said they'll fix it in 1.04. wTF

Damn it will suck if they wait that long, shit is even causing me problems in Butcher runs. It's really difficult to make them work in the Warden fight especially.

Did a siegebreaker run just replacing NT with Ball Lightning. Wasn't bad. Stuff took a bit longer to kill, Siegebreaker takes a bit longer to kill just means potting on cooldown and swapping into a LOH weapon.

Ball Lightning was fine, you just can't spam it for reasonable single target DPS like you could NT. It's still good vs. Siegebreaker.

The optimal farming route will need to be extended past 5NV, it certainly includes the following:

Underbridge
Bridge Stores (dicey, that place is unfun for range if you get certain packs, but duck in->SS->impale-> duck out can work fine)
Forward Barracks
Icefall Caves if up (NEVER do Caverns of Frost as a DH)
Two packs in Stonefort
Two packs in Keep Depths 3 (no lashers)
Field area right outside the keep (not the open across the bridge , that area has way too much mob density)

Ball Lightning seems bad but I think it's more my now-bad bow (I didn't want to sell it, used it up to the last minute and was overall positive EV for me) talking. I've corrected that and am back up to 65k non-SS DPS. Hate the slower attack speed though, but I'll get used to it.

RDreamer

Wow, every elite pack so far has just been a big fuck you to DHs and a big enrage timer fest... Seriously, I think we ran into an enrage timer with every elite pack we ran into. And each game had either 2 or 3 DHs and me a monk. I was surviving 100% A OK, but yeah... they were dying and enrage enrage enrage. Almost every elite had reflect damage, too. And a bunch of them were those stupid battlemage things that run away every 2 seconds.

Zeliard

What is the reasoning behind this:

"Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses"

To reduce the viability of chest farming?

How have people been finding MF working now in general with the new patch? Presumably it has at least a bit more of an effect now since the drop percentages on high-level items have been increased.

I just bought a bunch of GF. Where do I go? I'll probably be in Hell.

If you're in Act 3 these gold runs seem to work pretty well:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5755557054

goober

oTstt.jpg

This is fully buffed with Warcry and Battle Rage.

Base Magic Find of 104% with no NV.

Safely doing all of Act 3 with this build / no deaths

How much did that cost you? I'm sitting on 2mil (lol) and I'm willing to spend to upgrade all my armor.

what resists do you recommend for act 2? I can handle normal mobs but get wrecked by elites.

Kthreev

Did a siegebreaker run just replacing NT with Ball Lightning. Wasn't bad. Stuff took a bit longer to kill, Siegebreaker takes a bit longer to kill just means potting on cooldown and swapping into a LOH weapon.

Ball Lightning was fine, you just can't spam it for reasonable single target DPS like you could NT. It's still good vs. Siegebreaker.

The optimal farming route will need to be extended past 5NV, it certainly includes the following:

Underbridge
Bridge Stores (dicey, that place is unfun for range if you get certain packs, but duck in->SS->impale-> duck out can work fine)
Forward Barracks
Icefall Caves if up (NEVER do Caverns of Frost as a DH)
Two packs in Stonefort
Two packs in Keep Depths 3 (no lashers)
Field area right outside the keep (not the open across the bridge , that area has way too much mob density)

Ball Lightning seems bad but I think it's more my now-bad bow (I didn't want to sell it, used it up to the last minute and was overall positive EV for me) talking. I've corrected that and am back up to 65k non-SS DPS. Hate the slower attack speed though, but I'll get used to it.

Try frost arrow + cull of the weak passive.

LordCanti

So 1.0.3 basically buffed melee classes, and shat on everyone else. Got it.

So what's the goto skill for DH now that NT is nerfed? Is ball lightning a better skill now since it still hits multiple times and has a bigger hit box?

Fuck, jagged spikes (another of my favorite) got nerfed too. That sucks.

Ball lightning doesn't crit for as much, but it does hit more enemies. You've got to decide which is more important to you.

huh
so i just need some (alot) more str and i'm good. cool. thank you.

Almost all my pieces have a shitload of STR in addition vit / resist. A few examples:

GfmWR.jpg
TrOmH.jpg

xuFai.jpg
Dvc7z.jpg

You kinda get the idea.It starts getting expensive when you look for STR *and* VIT *and* All Resist *and* high quantities of each, but it's the only way to really get your dps up that high.

IceMarker

I feel like I'm attacking underwater right now with the IAS nerf. Also, nerfing MF across the board and only buffing elites was a total bullshit call, bosses should always give the best loot if you have 5 stacks of NV and random objects including chests should still drop good loot.

rCIZZLE

Two hundred and fifty US dollars, to the first rich person playing a monk that sees it.

Edit: Unless this Inferno nerf is so nerfy that they don't need LOH anymore lol.

Why couldn't this have dropped like a week ago lol. I'm going to scout exactly how good this is before I do anything.

How much did that cost you? I'm sitting on 2mil (lol) and I'm willing to spend to upgrade all my armor.

what resists do you recommend for act 2? I can handle normal mobs but get wrecked by elites.

Honestly, a ridiculous amount. I started small though and struggled through Act 2. Did some goblin farming, got lucky with a few good drops. Then instead of making small upgrades to many pieces I would wait until I could afford a huge upgrade to a single piece.

A week or so ago I met a monk who was ridiculously geared (and skilled) and now he, myself, and 2 of his other friends have been farming ponies and Act 3 every night for 5-6 hours.

The most expensive piece was the legs (scroll up). I'm sure I overpaid, but when you're trying to get MF on gear that is already ridiculously good without the MF, the prices get outrageous). If you take the MF off of all my pieces, you can probably get all of it (minus the weapon) for less than 5 million a piece. A few of the pieces I got for less than 2 million, although I consider them snipes.

I'm not sure what you need for Act 2. I would imagine post-nerf you could get by with 300 all resist (buffed). Make sure you use enchantress with the correct skills, as she buffs you more. If you're having trouble, go more tank centric. Use Threatening Shout (it helps a ton) and Ignore Pain constantly. And Leap with Armor buff rune

inky

I feel like I'm attacking underwater right now with the IAS nerf. Also, nerfing MF across the board and only buffing elites was a total bullshit call, bosses should always give the best loot if you have 5 stacks of NV and random objects including chests should still drop good loot.

I agree on both accounts. If they really want to make it so that you don't rush bosses again and again and play longer chunks of game, they could have it so that you should have 10 stacks instead of 5 or something (with the same MF bonus even). No need to nerf boss drops just because. Seems counter-intuitive to how people play, and ass backwards like a lot of other stupid decisions from Blizz.

goldensun

Tomes of Jewelcrafting are way overpriced right now if anyone still in Hell wants to make some extra gold. They were trading at over 2k earlier but down to "only" 1.7k now.
Thank you kind sir, just sold a few I had left over that I didn't need anymore! :D

This...I really thought I would like this patch but I think it will only cause me to take a break for a while and play something else. Also I just really can't understand their logic with the repair bill increase. It is just flat out idiotic.

Zeliard

Yeah it's strange. Were people taking that much advantage of chest farming? Seems goblin runs were the most popular thing. Dunno why they stopped MF from affecting chests.

Also, gold has a decreased chance to drop from barrels... why?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This...I really thought I would like this patch but I think it will only cause me to take a break for a while and play something else. Also I just really can't understand their logic with the repair bill increase. It is just flat out idiotic.

Look at all of the glass-cannon Demon Hunters in this thread crying foul about the repair bill costs.

That was their logic.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah it's strange. Were people taking that much advantage of chest farming? Seems goblin runs were the most popular thing. Dunno why they stopped MF from affecting chests.

Also, gold has a decreased chance to drop from barrels... why?
Gold drops from destructible items was a mean to stop the bots afair.
As for farming chests, I've got a few million worth of drops, 3 legendaries and one set item by farming Act IV with 250 MF for a few days.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

You can't understand the logic of trying to make a death something that matters? Having a penalty for just constantly letting yourself die?

SleazyC

Clouds in pony land literally drop only 300 gold now. >_>
Yea.

I'm pretty much done with the game for the foreseeable future. I may be making a knee jerk reaction here but even before the patch hit the itemization issues couple with just playing the game for gold sapped almost all of my enthusiasm out. Now with the new patch it pretty much killed off any reason for me to play. Might revisit with future patches but I'm pretty burnt out of the game.

I agree on both accounts. If they really want to make it so that you don't rush bosses again and again and play longer chunks of game, they could have it so that you should have 10 stacks instead of 5 or something (with the same MF bonus even). No need to nerf boss drops just because. Seems counter-intuitive to how people play, and ass backwards like a lot of other stupid decisions from Blizz.

I'm confused. Where did it say they nerfed MF across the board, and how is rushing bosses again and again still not the most efficient way to collect rares?

Say it takes me 30 minutes to farm 5 stacks of NV, and 5 minutes to kill Siegebreaker.

When I swap in MF gear before killing champs, even without NV, I generally average just under 1 rare / champ. This means sometimes it drops 0, sometimes even 2, but but most of the time 1. Not always, but most of the time. When I kill the boss, I'm going to get anywhere from 2-4 rares, usually. So let's just say 3 on average.

In 35 minutes I got, give or take a little bit, 0.8 x 5 + 3 = 7 rares. Hourly, this is about 12 rares / hour.

Now say I get 5 stacks, kill the boss, then continue farming elites. Assuming I am just as efficient in killing rares afterwords, I will kill 5 more rares in the next 30 minutes, but with an additional guaranteed drop, this is about 1.8 rares / champ pack.

So, 0.8 x 5 + 3 + 1.8 x 5 = 16 rares in 1 hour 5 minutes, or about 14.75 rares / hour.

This is on Act 3, and the boss method is even more efficient on Act 2 since ZK > Belial are within 5-7 minutes of each other.

So it's about equal. 14 vs 12 is definitely within the margin of error given my handwaving numbers and the fact that random numbers are random.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
That needs to be fixed/nerfed/removed from the game. So cheesy.
It's fixed according to the 1.0.3 patch notes:
Players wearing +Life on Kill items should no longer receive a benefit from this affix when “killing” friendly monsters (e.g. when a witch doctor re-summons a Spider Queen while another Spider Queen is still active)
Also, 1.0.3 bugs and issues.
This one is awesome:
There are reports of not gaining experience and health globes being invisible. One suggested workaround is to reset your password, that seems to have worked for a few people.

Cipherr

What are they doing? I mean after the nerfs I am still at about 70k DPS and have not come close to an enrage timer.

Cleared any and everything in Act 2, then did some Act 3 farming. DH are just fine. I didn't have any deaths at all clearing All of Act 2 and Belial. The loot is fantastic. Folks need to stop complaining about NT. Switch to Ball lightning, or frost Arrows with CoTW. Use BL against groups only, switch to Hungering for single target dps.

BL still rips through large hitbox targets multiple times. The only difference is you cant just space out and use BL against a single target, its not as efficient dps. But Hungering with the 70% rune still does 100k - 200k crits on a single target, so you only need BL for elite packs since they run together and groups, and its massive AoE range is outrageous.

Seriously, if this is "The Great DH nerf" then we made out like bandits. T-Minus 3 weeks before the whiners realize that minor shift in stat priorities puts the class right back where it was to begin with.

Lol I am not even a demon hunter but ok whatever floats your boat.

That dudes got DH class envy coming out of his ears, don't mind him.

I also may be crazy, but I think they made Teleport work better for getting though walls.

Also, I just went to the Highlands Passage before the Warden, and there was no event at all. I didn't think that was possible. I always get ether the weapon maker or the merchant.

That's not new. I've down quite a few Butcher runs and while getting an event has a high probability, it's not always there.

I just spent like, 30 mins crafting the 600+ gems I had stocked up because I heard about the money changes.

I upgraded all my gems too. So cheap! ^_^

Yes. This.

Now is the time I once again playfully tease their "do no harm to co-op" philosophy. They are slowly moving in the right direction, though.

Average MF still, but also add a small additional overall bonus (25% max) when playing in a group?

That's one possible solution.

Totakeke

Cleared any and everything in Act 2, then did some Act 3 farming. DH are just fine. I didn't have any deaths at all clearing All of Act 2 and Belial. The loot is fantastic. Folks need to stop complaining about NT. Switch to Ball lightning, or frost Arrows with CoTW. Use BL against groups only, switch to Hungering for single target dps.

BL still rips through large hitbox targets multiple times. The only difference is you cant just space out and use BL against a single target, its not as efficient dps. But Hungering with the 70% rune still does 100k - 200k crits on a single target, so you only need BL for elite packs since they run together and groups, and its massive AoE range is outrageous.

Seriously, if this is "The Great DH nerf" then we made out like bandits. T-Minus 3 weeks before the whiners realize that minor shift in stat priorities puts the class right back where it was to begin with.

That dudes got DH class envy coming out of his ears, don't mind him.

I swear you're trying to get DH nerfed even more. :p

OKay. Is there a ZK bug? I've been fighting him ALL day on Inferno and keep losing. When he gets down to a quarter life, he teleports close and one-hits me. I just realized how dumb I am and put rune onto Force Armor so he can't one-hit me, and he still did. What the shit? This is driving me crazy.

rCIZZLE

You can't use MF on chests, barrels, etc anymore :(
This is targeted towards pony level perhaps...

Even in like 10-20mf when I'd accidentally click a cloud I'd still often get a blue. I did 2 pony runs and got all gold from every cloud. I don't even think they're treated as normal chests anymore.

Cipherr

Oh man, act II is definitely on farm now........if only some good shit would drop

SO GOOD, I have already sold 6 items from my Act 2 run earlier, Im up about 4m gold so far. Absolutely ridiculous. I think that perhaps the death costs are supposed to even this out?

That shit aint working. I can burst these elite packs down from near off screen easily. Feels like Belials damage has been nerfed, I was eating fist smashes, and the nerfs to Zultan are great, fireball moves slow as molasses making it impossible to get hit by, and he portals to me alot so I dont have to chase him, lol. This is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom