• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

OKay. Is there a ZK bug? I've been fighting him ALL day on Inferno and keep losing. When he gets down to a quarter life, he teleports close and one-hits me. I just realized how dumb I am and put rune onto Force Armor so he can't one-hit me, and he still did. What the shit? This is driving me crazy.

They made him harder to kill. You could use a pathing glitch to kill ZK with almost no risk prior to the patch.

They pretty much made almost all bosses harder to kill, and then at the same time also nerfed their drops. Diversity you say? Haha.

DSmalls84

I have saved up 2.5 mil for a weapon upgrade for my tank barb. Whats the minimum life on hit i should aim for? I dont want to have to upgrade again for a while.

Cipherr

OKay. Is there a ZK bug? I've been fighting him ALL day on Inferno and keep losing. When he gets down to a quarter life, he teleports close and one-hits me. I just realized how dumb I am and put rune onto Force Armor so he can't one-hit me, and he still did. What the shit? This is driving me crazy.

Are you sure you arent hitting an enrage timer? What are your resists? I got hit by him plenty when he ported to me, but he never came close to doing enough damage to 1 shot.

They made him harder to kill. You could use a pathing glitch to kill ZK with almost no risk prior to the patch.

They pretty much made almost all bosses harder to kill, and then at the same time also nerfed their drops. Diversity you say? Haha.
Yeah, I'm feeling it....I have crap to give away or gold to pay, but I'll give someone all of my flawless squares if they help me kill ZK on Inferno. 10 Topaz, 17 Amethyst, 14 Emerald and 8 Ruby. I'm desperate.

Are you sure you arent hitting an enrage timer? What are your resists? I got him by him plenty when he ported to me, but he never came close to doing enough damage to 1 shot.
6K armor and on average 700 resist

Neki

9lEIv.png

Blizzard clearly wants me to re-roll to wizard with this drop.

SO GOOD, I have already sold 6 items from my Act 2 run earlier, Im up about 4m gold so far. Absolutely ridiculous. I think that perhaps the death costs are supposed to even this out?

That shit aint working. I can burst these elite packs down from near off screen easily. Feels like Belials damage has been nerfed, I was eating fist smashes, and the nerfs to Zultan are great, fireball moves slow as molasses making it impossible to get hit by, and he portals to me alot so I dont have to chase him, lol. This is incredible.

I refuse to fight Belial again, I hate that fight, phase 3 annoys me

ZK is harder for me now since he actually follows me and doesn't stay off screen, still easy enough though

I didn't get anything too good on my farming run though, one ilvl 63 chest but the stats sucked :(

Whelp, starting my usual D3 evening. Going to zip back to Inferno act I beginning and see how it is. My guess is that it is no longer viable for me to be there.

I don't want to go to Hell, but that may be my only option now.

He enrages now. The teleporting to the player is also new.

Zoltun Kulle

General

Zoltun Kulle will now enrage in Inferno difficulty after 3 minutes, using his Ceiling Collapse ability more often and for much higher damage

Abilities

• Ceiling Collapse

-Can now be cast at a player from any range

• Fireball

-Fireball attack now moves slower
-Can now be cast at a player from any range

• Teleport

-Will now Teleport and run away from the player less often
-Will now occasionally Teleport to the player

inky

I'm confused. Where did it say they nerfed MF across the board, and how is rushing bosses again and again still not the most efficient way to collect rares?.

They didn't nerf MF across the board, they made bosses slightly harder to kill and they now drop less guaranteed rares (down from 2 to 1) while upping the number of these you get from elites with a 5 stack (1 always guaranteed), so on average a random champ pack with full stacks will give you more rares than a boss. I don't know about your numbers, but I've had different results doing different runs today. The idea is not to start in chapter 2 Act ii and do Maghda 10 times, but feel compelled to do the full act instead, according to Blizzard.

In any case I'm talking more about the fact that bosses being bosses are not the high they are suppossed to be in the farming experience, they are just a speed bump that may or may not be more interesting to kill than just wander outside looking for random champ packs. My point is more about design and playing satisfaction curve than effective number of loot you get overall (which I'll need to crunch some numbers and do about 50 runs to really get a sense of how they work).

He enrages now. The teleporting to the player is also new.
I know of his changes. What is odd is that he telports to me the entire fight---he has a very specific pattern. What is shit is that once I get him to about a quarter life, he swings immediately upon finishing his teleport. Before that point, he doesn't. This swing I cannot dodge, and it one-shots me each time. I had diamond skin on with force armor rune to reduce damage above 35% of my max and somehow it still killed me in one swing.

Gem drops decreased a lot. Especially flawless squares.

Probably to counteract that you can craft them now for not insane prices.

They didn't nerf MF across the board, they made bosses slightly harder to kill and they noe drop less guaranteed rares (down from 2 to 1) while upping the number of these you get from elites with a 5 stack (1 always guaranteed), so on average a random champ pack with full stacks will give you more rares than a boss. I don't know about your numbers, but I've had different results doing different runs today.

In any case I'm talking more about the fact that bosses being bosses are not the high they are suppossed to be in the farming experience, they are just a speed bump that may or may not be more interesting to kill than just wander outside looking for random champ packs. My point is more about deisgn and playing satisfaction curve than effective number of loot you get overall (which I'll need to crunch some numbers and do about 50 runs to really get a sense of how they work).

They probably could've left the boss guaranteed rares at 2 while still upping the champ packs. Incentive to farm a bunch of champ packs as well as the boss for a big finish.

Radiant Star Emerald pattern dropped for me today. I taught it to covetous without even realising it was the top tier gem pattern. Missing all the ones before it. Oh well.

LordCanti

I'm getting way more rares from Goblins now. Did they make it so that MF doesn't figure into his drops?

Perfect Star Emerald pattern dropped for me today. I taught it to covetous without even realising it was the top tier gem pattern. Missing all the ones before it. Oh well.

I also just got a Perfect Star Emerald. There's no way I could even afford to craft one, so I'm not sure what to do with it. I guess I might as well sell it, but who is going to want a plan for something that costs millions to make? =/

Edit: Worth 1.5m apparently. Not bad. I'll take it.

dwebo

well, last night on my barb I struggled to kill any elites in the depths. today with the same gear I cleared act 3 and 4 along with nearly every elite I came across. that is some serious, serious nerfing

ghom was probably the hardest fight, as I kept running into his 4 minute enrage before realizing I could just sit in his poison and rotate cooldowns (thank you, 1k LoH). he probably has about 2-3 million more health than he should, relative to the difficulty of every other act 3/4 boss anyway

loot was all shit, naturally, so I'm glad they preserved the core essence of Diablo 3. /s

SO GOOD, I have already sold 6 items from my Act 2 run earlier, Im up about 4m gold so far. Absolutely ridiculous. I think that perhaps the death costs are supposed to even this out?

That shit aint working. I can burst these elite packs down from near off screen easily. Feels like Belials damage has been nerfed, I was eating fist smashes, and the nerfs to Zultan are great, fireball moves slow as molasses making it impossible to get hit by, and he portals to me alot so I dont have to chase him, lol. This is incredible.

What class are you?

Got my resists to 500 and Act 2 seems pretty doable now, even took out a few packs without dying.

Pretty fucked up that after running Skeleton King a few times and hitting Act 2 I've some how accrued a 16k repair bill

inky

I also just got a Perfect Star Emerald. There's no way I could even afford to craft one, so I'm not sure what to do with it. I guess I might as well sell it, but who is going to want a plan for something that costs millions to make? =/

Crazy people that will sell them for even more millions of course. Perfect Star is like 16 million a piece isn't it? LOL... do they at least grow exponentially after Star status or is it still in +4s increments?

LordCanti

Crazy people that will sell them for even more millions of course. Perfect Star is like 16 million a piece isn't it? LOL... do they at least grow exponentially after Star status or is it still in +4s increments?

I did the rough math once, and I don't think there was very much (if any) profit in crafting the higher end gems once everything was factored in. There definitely isn't on the low end.

I'll take the 1.5m I can get for this and be thankful for the decent drop.

Ashhong

Are these boots really good? Did a search on GAH and lowest similar one is like 2mil, I didn't think they were that great. How much on RMAH? I see no boots with as high dex on it

iYANK.jpg

edit: nvm I see it on RMAH now, didnt realize items dont show if max buyout is more than 250

They didn't nerf MF across the board, they made bosses slightly harder to kill and they now drop less guaranteed rares (down from 2 to 1) while upping the number of these you get from elites with a 5 stack (1 always guaranteed), so on average a random champ pack with full stacks will give you more rares than a boss. I don't know about your numbers, but I've had different results doing different runs today. The idea is not to start in chapter 2 Act ii and do Maghda 10 times, but feel compelled to do the full act instead, according to Blizzard.

In any case I'm talking more about the fact that bosses being bosses are not the high they are suppossed to be in the farming experience, they are just a speed bump that may or may not be more interesting to kill than just wander outside looking for random champ packs. My point is more about design and playing satisfaction curve than effective number of loot you get overall (which I'll need to crunch some numbers and do about 50 runs to really get a sense of how they work).

I don't see the part about dropping guaranteed rares from 2 to 1 with 5 NV on bosses anywhere in the patch notes. Do you have a source? I did 4 bosses earlier and got 2-4 rares every time.

Radec

The repair costs feel like a deliberate "Fuck you" to wizards, demon hunters, and anyone else who has been playing glass cannon style so far.

Don't about that, but wasn't every hit taken from a monster degrades durability?

Barbs and Monks are the ones who might suffer to this. DH/Wiz/WD can kite and kill enemies without getting hit.

Nerfed IAS is the *Fuck You* to DH though.

I don't see the part about dropping guaranteed rares from 2 to 1 with 5 NV on bosses anywhere in the patch notes. Do you have a source? I did 4 bosses earlier and got 2-4 rares every time.

It used to be 2 guaranteed, now it's just 1. It's still possible to get more however

You got lucky

LukeSmith

Are these boots really good? Did a search on GAH and lowest similar one is like 2mil, I didn't think they were that great. How much on RMAH? I see no boots with as high dex on it

iYANK.jpg

edit: nvm I see it on RMAH now, didnt realize items dont show if max buyout is more than 250

Those would be sweet on a lightning resist Monk. You should be able to sell those.

dwebo

I understand what he's saying, what I'm saying is that I dont' see that in the patch notes. So can you point me to where they announced this, or was it a ninja nerf?

it was in the 1.03 preview if not the notes. I definitely only got 1 rare with 5 stacks on a boss today, most were 2-3 though

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Don't about that, but wasn't every hit taken from a monster degrades durability?

Barbs and Monks are the ones who might suffer to this. DH/Wiz/WD can kite and kill enemies without getting hit.

Nerfed IAS is the *Fuck You* to DH though.

Nerfed IAS hurts anyone who depended upon it. Don't take it personally as a DH or something.

Thoraxes

I understand what he's saying, what I'm saying is that I dont' see that in the patch notes. So can you point me to where they announced this, or was it a ninja nerf?

I don't feel like reading the notes, but in the intents for 1.0.3 Design Preview thing from 2 weeks ago:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208

It’s no secret that our goal for the end-game item hunt is players hunting monsters packs, building to five stacks of Nephalem Valor, and then killing a boss. While we’re seeing a lot of that occurring, what we’re missing is people feeling like it’s worthwhile to continue onward after killing a boss.

To help hit that goal we’re lowering the number of guaranteed Rare items on bosses when you have your full five stacks of Nephalem Valor from two guaranteed Rares to one guaranteed Rare (you still have a very good chance at multiple rares, it's just no longer guaranteed). In exchange, all champion and rare packs will now drop a bonus guaranteed Rare item when you have your full five stacks of Nephalem Valor.

The change benefits players with more overall drops, and a reason to push to continue progressing.

I don't feel like reading the notes, but in the intents for 1.0.3 Design Preview thing from 2 weeks ago:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208

Yea I went and looked up the design preview too and saw it there. The closest thing in the patch notes is this:

"The quality of the item for the fourth stack of Nephalem Valor from bosses has been slightly reduced"

Not even sure what that is supposed to mean, but it sounds different. Either way, it sounds like they just forgot to add this change into the final patch notes.

Neki

Yea I went and looked up the design preview too and saw it there. The closest thing in the patch notes is this:

"The quality of the item for the fourth stack of Nephalem Valor from bosses has been slightly reduced"

Not even sure what that is supposed to mean, but it sounds different. Either way, it sounds like they just forgot to add this change into the final patch notes.

They already have implemented it, I've gotten 1 rare from Azmo a couple of times now.

Shouta

You can still get 3 rares from bosses, I got 3 from Siegebreaker earlier. It's just not guaranteed like before.

Thoraxes

I'll just take a wild guess, and surmise maybe we were guaranteed 1 rare a 4NV and 2 at 5NV? Either way, yeah, it doesn't appear to be in the notes.

GJS

Perfect star isn't the top gem, it only costs 5 mil to make one. The top gem is radiant star.

Coincidentally I also got a perfect star plan today, but mine was for topaz.

inky

The way it is in the patch notes just means that you used to get a rare from your 4th stack and another rare from your 5th. Now the 4th is just a blue item, and the only guaranteed rare is the one from your 5th stack. Less than 4 stacks would mean no sure rare for you.

Perfect star isn't the top gem, it only costs 5 mil to make one. The top gem is radiant star.

Coincidentally I also got a perfect star plan today, but mine was for topaz.

Oh, ok. But still, top gem costs about that doesn't it? I only get shit pallium/dread shield plans... got like 4 of each.

LordCanti

Cool thanks, I've never had an item that was worth more than 100k so I wasn't sure. Picked it up on my first Butcher run post patch yay

I sold a similar pair for like $15 in the RMAH, if you're thinking about going that route.

Can anyone help me determine how much these are worth (if anything):

meyuu.png

Pre-nerf, they were pretty highly valued by DH's. Post? Who knows. They probably still go for a mil or two, I'd think. More if it had vita or higher dex/int.

linsivvi

It was mentioned in the design preview, but not in the actual patch notes.

Although, this could be it:

The quality of the item for the fourth stack of Nephalem Valor from bosses has been slightly reduced

Maybe previously you were guaranteed 1 yellow from 4 stacks and that has been removed. Just bad wording I guess.

Radec

I just read this:

Bashiok
My apologies Kripp and Krippi, looks like you were 1st HC Inferno clear. (my spreadsheet deciphering isn't what it used to be) Congrats!

:lol

Community Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom