• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
All right, I now have 5.50 Argentine Blizard Pesos, big bucks, big bucks.

That is about $1.20 in real and Australian money.

Seth C

Oh how I wish I could beat the Skeleton King in Hell. 3 trips through the act so far with no equipment upgrades...getting me nowhere.

LordCanti

I just read this:

:lol

Community Manager.

The apology is even worse than the first tweet. He glosses over the fact that his tweet sounded like it came from a child, and not a grown man representing a huge company.

Hey guys i could really use some advise for if this is worth anything, Thanks a bunch!!

Decent enough DPS with 96% crit. Should be worth quite a lot. Go to the AH, and sort by 2h/96% crit (and Demon Hunter, obviously). Alternatively... if you want to take this advice...

It's a 2H bow with strength. I would guess not much.

I'd be glad to take it off your hands for twice the vendor rate lol.

Radec

Oh how I wish I could beat the Skeleton King in Hell. 3 trips through the act so far with no equipment upgrades...getting me nowhere.

Have you tried searching AH for some cheap upgrades?

I breezed through Hell thanks to AH. And I didn't even spend over 300k.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
ROplf.jpg

Just bought this off the AH for 2.2m and I'm hoping it was a steal...

That's a good price. I sold some almost identical except with int instead of str and MF instead of GF for $15 (and no melee reduction), so I think you did well. That gold find will help you in your repairs! ;)

The plans for Exalted Grand Sovereign Helm just dropped. I also have the grand cloak plans. I'm willing to make them at cost with mats for gaffers if anyone is interested. I'm endresults in-game.

Did they ever reveal what the level 61-63 item drop percentages were for Inferno pre-patch?

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot that it was explained in the 'Patch 1.0.3 Design Preview' blog post.

Started Inferno with my Wizard. ANy tips? I was doing fine until I hit some group of Elites in Act 1. They do freeze and knockback + lots of damage. Almost instant death. :(

8ytuh.jpg

That's a good price. I sold some almost identical except with int instead of str and MF instead of GF for $15 (and no melee reduction), so I think you did well. That gold find will help you in your repairs! ;)

:) Thanks for that! hadn't thought of it that way for GF, haha. Now I'm really happy with this purchase!

Jrmint

Is Nether Tentacles still the go-to secondary for DH? It seems to be doing considerably less with that supposed big fix. I'm wondering if Frost Arrow would be better now?

Well, I think inferno is out for me...not sure. I might try to farm the goat area. I got through for awhile ok, but then hit a pack of Fast/invul minion/mortar/arcane/teleport and got raped several times which cost me 11k in repairs. I can't even kite that shit in an open area.

That was at the very entrance of the level. I can't afford to sustain those losses.

Maybe back to hell act 3/4 to try and get some gold/drops that will help me out.

Sad face.

Is Nether Tentacles still the go-to secondary for DH? It seems to be doing considerably less with that supposed big fix. I'm wondering if Frost Arrow would be better now?

Nope, NT is pretty useless now unless you're in a narrow corridor and there's a bunch of enemies. I'm using ball lightning now and it's turning out to be a good substitute. Decent damage, bigger hitbox.

MrDaravon

FYI I think this is new, but they apparently fixed the Lyceum spawn, I just hit it found it. Wasn't it still not spawnable up until this patch?

Rezbit

Okay so DH is still squishy as all get-out AND key abilities have been nerfed. Great, I'm now playing the worst class >:|

RDreamer

Fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

This NV mechanic really fuckin sucks if you have Internet that goes down... Just got 5 and bam Internet down... Fucking a I'm so pissed now, because drops suck ass until you hit 5

Jrmint

Nope, NT is pretty useless now unless you're in a narrow corridor and there's a bunch of enemies. I'm using ball lightning now and it's turning out to be a good substitute. Decent damage, bigger hitbox.
Screaming Skull also seems decent? Frost Arrow pierces and hits multiple targets right?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Okay so DH is still squishy as all get-out AND key abilities have been nerfed. Great, I'm now playing the worst class >:|

Even with some of the tips posted earlier, I still can't seem to do it. It doesn't help that I only have 120k either...I can't even buy better gear, ha.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

I don't know. I was playing with a few good monks earlier, and with my build focusing on crit abuse, I still manage to deal out a ton of damage in Act 1 Inferno without going down often. Maybe playing solo I would hate it, but having decent teammates makes my life easy.

Screaming Skull also seems decent? Frost Arrow pierces and hits multiple targets right?

I've yet to try those two. TBH, I've relied on NT so long, I'm clueless as to the alternatives outside of ball lightning, which is better than NT is now. I'll try those two you listed.

Fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

This NV mechanic really fuckin sucks if you have Internet that goes down... Just got 5 and bam Internet down... Fucking a I'm so pissed now, because drops suck ass until you hit 5

I get a rare most times w/o 5 stacks, but i fight with 200+ MF

LordCanti

fuck...I need to take a loan out to pay the repair bill now.

Introducing:

Canti's Loan Sharking Emporium!

For just 2000% interest (compounded daily) you too can keep up with your repair bills!

or:

Canti's Pawn Shop!

Have a rare worth a lot? Canti will give you a loan based on that rare, and you've got 10 days to buy it back at 20% interest before I have to sell it!

This is a joke post for those without properly functioning sarcasm detectors

Seth C

Have you tried searching AH for some cheap upgrades?

I breezed through Hell thanks to AH. And I didn't even spend over 300k.

If I have to buy anything on the AH I'm quitting the game. Point blank. Also, 300k? I think I have 7k gold right now.

Jrmint

I've yet to try those two. TBH, I've relied on NT so long, I'm clueless as to the alternatives outside of ball lightning, which is better than NT is now. I'll try those two you listed.
When I was still progressing in Hell Screaming Skull came in handy, but I can't remember if it works on champ packs. I used Frost Arrow for a long time and it seemed pretty good, I just wonder if the 3% loh from nt will be a noticeable loss.

When I was still progressing in Hell Screaming Skull came in handy, but I can't remember if it works on champ packs. I used Frost Arrow for a long time and it seemed pretty good, I just wonder if the 3% loh from nt will be a noticeable loss.

If you have LoK, the LoH bonus of NT was pretty trivial. Anything you use for mobs of enemies or illusionist elites will top you off as soon as you start thinning the herd.

BigDug13

Try the fear rune. 40% chance to fear everything in a line is nothing to scoff at. Works against invulnerable minions as well.

Radec

Does Life Regen items a bit expensive now or just about the same as before ?

Don't want to spend 4mil on replacing my current armors with the same stat +life regen

:/

XLNC

I thought mobs that like to run away were supposed to do it much less in the new patch?

I just ran into 2 elite packs back to back of 'Fallen Prophets' and they ran away constantly. The first pack had Nightmarish/Shielding/Teleport/Frozen and pissed me off so fucking much. I think I might skip the next pack like that, just to spare myself frustration.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Fire Chains is the best designed and most well thought out boss ability in the game. It is hard to fight against, but you can use tactics to minimize the impact. Out of so many bad ones, that is one of the good ones.

BigDug13

Did the chance for higher level drops in lower acts get patched in this week as well? Didn't see it specifically mentioned in the notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom