• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH-Gaf, is this a good quiver? Or should I look for something else?

cnL1t.jpg

Trying to find a good one for a friend, and mother of god is the AH bad for getting a decent idea of value for quivers.

I'd give you 100k for that easily. I've been looking for a decent quiver like that for a while.

Ferrio

Banned
This was before Blizzard decided to balance the game around the existence of bots. :(

Sure it is.

Just got done trying Act 4. Was still able to take down an elite. I can notice the lack of nether tentacles dps, which is a shame but seems like I could still go on. But I don't give a damn to anymore. Game is boring, blizzard is forcing people to farm in a very specific way, levels aren't random at all, and partying with people is more frustrating than going solo. All these things just add up to the game being work, that even the allure of shinies on the ground can't fix. If I could sell all the shit on my character I would, but doubt it would go for enough for me to bother.

trs1080

Neo Member
So last night before the patch, I decided to sell my Lacuni Prowlers cause I didn't like the bonus stats on it (2% crit, 30 something LPS). Sold it for 1.2M.

And now that I check the AH to buy another, apparently the market bubble crashed for it with the IAS nerf :p. I still think it's useful for the movement speed, and was able to steal this for 350k.

PvTRf.jpg

Glad I sold my earlier ones before the patch!

I had those drop for me too, ended up selling on the RMAH for $15. I could have gotten more I have a feeling but I forgot to move the minimum bid up and they got sniped at the last minute for minimum price :/

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
And Act III down! 5 stacks of NV and all of the bosses were total pushovers. I died a few times to ridiculous affix combos on some elite packs, though. Just skipped them over. Gonna see how far I can get into Act IV.

Thoraxes

There's no way they will let you buy the expansion with Blizz bucks is there? Up to $45 now (I never imagined all the stuff I listed wrongly would sell, lol). In other news, shitty legendaries of the day:

Checking the AH, I could get 150k for all of them =D

Probably, considering you can buy digital copies of their games atm with it.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I don't see how they could be surprised that bots would come to their game. Did they ever look at D2? Or ANY item based game? It's not like this will stop bots for very long.

I hope it's just a temporary thing to deter bots until they figure out a better solution. I understand why they did it, but it sucks that everyone's being punished because a small percentage of players are botting.

Got my 7th or so legendary, it saddens me that I ended up salvaging it because it wasn't worth the slot to sell for 10k or less.

At least those shitty lvl 60 legendary weapons are worth more now that firey brimstones are less common.

Jira

Got my 7th or so legendary, it saddens me that I ended up salvaging it because it wasn't worth the slot to sell for 10k or less.

rCIZZLE

I hope it's just a temporary thing to deter bots until they figure out a better solution. I understand why they did it, but it sucks that everyone's being punished because a small percentage of players are botting.

They had a lot of years to find a solution. Bots were in the game during the second week maybe even earlier. That's as fast as a D2 ladder reset, something that they've basically dropped support for. We're being punished because blizzard would rather take the lazy route then address the problem head on.

Sigmaah

I'm getting rare drops with 5 stacks but theyre all GARBAGE, am I doing something wrong or is this just bad luck? My fucking DH cant handle a couple hits, I have almost 40K health and 20K dps, ACT 1 BS AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

someone wanna take me to like act 3 or 2 for better farming spots? I seriously need good gear...

Edit: also, why the FUCK did they make repairing so much gold again? did people complain or some shit? my god, its such a dumb change, I barely get to keep any of my gold.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What is with everyone *expecting* good drops? Have you all played a Diablo-like before?

Narag

Edit: also, why the FUCK did they make repairing so much gold again? did people complain or some shit? my god, its such a dumb change, I barely get to keep any of my gold.

It was to punish folk zerging stuff over and over. Game didn't really have a consequence to death aside from twiddling thumbs waiting for the respawn timer.

Radec

Question: Why did you feel that increasing repair costs was preferable to any other options?

Answer: (Wyatt): It's something we're still choosing a value on, we haven't settled on anything, but it's mostly a matter of degree. Let's say my repair cost after the change is 40K. How long does it take to get 40K? Current estimates are that if you are playing in Act 1 Inferno (to use as an example), vendoring the blues that you pick up, and running solely with the 75% gold find from the Nephalem Valor buff you'll make anywhere from 120K-150K an hour, easily. Since it takes 10 deaths to fully break your gear, you're basically looking at 30-40 deaths per hour. I don't know - that seems like a lot.

But like I said, it's mostly a matter of degree. Would a 50K repair feel that much worse? How about 30K? 20K? One thing I can tell you is that the current 6-10K repair cost is a little silly in that context. I would totally accept if you think 50K is too high, but surely there's a correct answer somewhere in between. We're testing to figure out what feels right and that's the number that will go live.

Pretty dumb decision if you ask me.

Sigmaah

seems to me that everyone here is getting exceptional drops, I'm obviously not expecting godlike shit but damn, garbage after garbage just makes a man mad lol.

zoukka

Fuck the repair cost change feels like they don't want you to even try playing "risky" as in acts higher than your gear check... which goes against this whole "videogame" thingy in my opinion :(

Keep grinding dat act1-2 till the end days.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
seems to me that everyone here is getting exceptional drops, I'm obviously not expecting godlike shit but damn, garbage after garbage just makes a man mad lol.

The #1 reason why so many people show off their drops is because when they ID it, they're like "holy shit, something that's not garbage!"

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Everyone is getting mostly garbage. It's just that when someone gets something amazing, they feel like sharing, so they post on these boards.

CmdrWyrm

Neo Member
Everyone is getting mostly garbage. It's just that when someone gets something amazing, they feel like sharing, so they post on these boards.

And when you have dozens or hundreds of people farming instead of just one, you get a higher absolute number of good drops. The percentage might still be the same, but the sample size is far larger.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
OK....ok...hold on a sec. I just did my first Act 3 run since the patch, and I've gotten all sub level 60 rares, when pre-patch I would get nearly all level 60+.

Did the boost to item drops in act 1 and 2 effectively nerf act 3 drops as well?

Sigmaah

Very true guys, I'm just so tired of grinding it out and getting garbage, I just wanna be like some of y'all and get something good for once haha, hopefully my time will come soon...

Best place to farm on inferno? act 3?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The most fun I had in this game, was watching other people play on hardcore while playing or multitasking.

I met the 1.9% unlocked Inferno feat, and did it solo, beat belial inferno solo. So it's not like I suck ass hole.

But after that, just can't get any drops to sale or use.

rCIZZLE

Very true guys, I'm just so tired of grinding it out and getting garbage, I just wanna be like some of y'all and get something good for once haha, hopefully my time will come soon...

Best place to farm on inferno? act 3?

Maybe you're getting some great stuff but you don't know it. Happened to a buddy of mine who always is about to vendor some pretty good stuff.

Cipherr

Hmm, I need to go rack up a red set of gear by chain dying to see how much a repair costs. People are going fucking nuts on the boards I frequent about the repair costs. Apparently its pretty damn bad. People are saying a bad pack results in 65k in repairs in 15 minutes if you have the nerve to try and kill the pack and get deaths in that time span.

I dunno..... 100k+ in under an hour for a couple of unlucky elite pack rolls might be a bit much.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Sitting on Act 1 Inferno, the bump in repair cost hasn't hit be hard yet. My gold / loot from SK runs far outpaces the cost, even with playing a very aggressive DH. I'm scared to venture into Act II now on repair cost fears alone.

RDreamer

WTF. Why won't Siegebreaker on Inferno stick? I've beat that twice already, yet I can't select the next quest, Heart of Sin for either myself or a public game...

zoukka

Hmm, I need to go rack up a red set of gear by chain dying to see how much a repair costs. People are going fucking nuts on the boards I frequent about the repair costs. Apparently its pretty damn bad. People are saying a bad pack results in 65k in repairs in 15 minutes if you have the nerve to try and kill the pack and get deaths in that time span.

I dunno..... 100k+ in under an hour for a couple of unlucky elite pack rolls might be a bit much.

It's blizzards way of saying, you aren't supposed to try it.

Sigmaah

Maybe you're getting some great stuff but you don't know it. Happened to a buddy of mine who always is about to vendor some pretty good stuff.

Could be so, but I think I somewhat know whats good haha.

These elites are destroying me, the ones that build rock paths so you cant escape, my god I hate them so much

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If I have to buy anything on the AH I'm quitting the game. Point blank. Also, 300k? I think I have 7k gold right now.

Thats fine, just realize progress will be slower then most. People have progressed though the game without using the AH though.

Seth C

Well, I guess you'll be quitting pretty soon anyway, when you get to inferno :p

Maybe so, but I will at least get my character to level 60 before quitting

Also, yes, I turn away when I identify any rare loot. It's always total shit anyway. As for jewelry? Hah! I don't think I've had a rare ring or necklace drop in the last 50 hours or more of game time. I definitely haven't had one drop since Normal difficulty.

inky

This game... it's like I am having less fun playing with my friend than by myself. I actually feel bad about that. He's set on making progress and he wants me to help but he still dies like a million times through Act II and I take a million years to kill stuff by myself. He is also spending what I imagine is tons of money on repairs, and he banked everything on IAS, lol.

It doesn't help that I am secretly hoping he doesn't join my game because he has like 0% MF, and he's always like "I like playing with you because I get tons of stuff", well no shit, guess I'm not going to anymore. It's one of those MMO gear check stats I fucking hate and I wouldn't mind if they got rid of it really.

When we were leveling up together it was pretty cool playing with him (and a couple of other friends who don't play anymore) because we were just fooling around, but now he's like super serious about finishing inferno with all his characters (he actually has 5 chars at 60 already, but he mains Wiz) and he plays them all at the same time but he's not really good at grasping the game's mechanics. Basically what I am saying is... ahhh friends, pretty cool people until they want to play Diablo 3 with you :p

panty

This game.. can't do shit with my monk in act III :D

Oh well.

Also I'm sorry but no one is looking at the D3/buy/sell-thread..

VQuQk.png

Anyone wants this/worth something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom