• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate how everything costs so much now, yet the chances of getting small gold drops are nerfed, your only chance is to sell to recover your losses

rCIZZLE

So hard to sell anything on this game anymore outside of AH. Nobody on websites bid anything close to what items are worth and the only way something sells on the AH is if it's the cheapest of anything remotely comparable. Now that shit's flooding in left and right it's becoming a pain having to wait before you can relist.

The Cydaea changes... what the hell...

It went from easy to harder than when I was trying to solo Inferno Belial as a 17k DPS wizard. Just killed my stacks on her.

smiggyRT

So I can't sell anything on the EU RMAH right now since it gives me an error saying no payment method found. I have my Paypal account connected and it was working fine when i last checked a couple days ago. Not sure what the issue could be here.

zoukka

Sounds like this was what was making Kripp get disconnected earlier for spamming spacebar to skip cutscene dialogs and stuff. Hasn't happened to me but that's really dumb if thats whats going on

Spamming clicks nets you a disconnect on a game where you spam all the time...

Totakeke

Elite mobs often regen to full health if kited just outside of your view on the screen

Damn, now ranged can't even be ranged anymore. How about you nerf your own ridiculous attack range on your mobs eh? Now fast mobs are even more difficult because you're not supposed to outrun them. What a joke. Do they expect ranged to to kite fast mobs at an equal speed or something?

Yeah, how legit is this? Can anyone comment on this, just how far are we talking?

I confirmed earlier that when I took the waypoint back to town and immediately ported back, they were full.

So that kills going back to town to heal basically. That hurts melee classes too.

rCIZZLE

Yeah, how legit is this? Can anyone comment on this, just how far are we talking?

I'm not sure if it's quite that bad. I have noticed they seem to regen to full a lot more often. Once I died with the 3 second timer and moved maybe a screen away and by the time I got there they were full health.

Wallach

I confirmed earlier that when I took the waypoint back to town and immediately ported back, they were full.

So that kills going back to town to heal basically. That hurts melee classes too.

Okay, but that's a little more understandable. That line reads like if you are kiting things any significant distance beyond your viewable area, elite mobs are resetting.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

Afair elites fully recovering while porting to town has always been in the game. Or at least I failed to go back fast enough for them not to recover.

Thoraxes

Is it profitable at all ?
I tried it eysterday like 15 times and got Cellar spawned only 3 times.

Hell yeah it is. I roll with 227% gold find though.

Osysz.jpg

ran through act 3 on my DH for about four hours this evening. Cruising theough packs wasn't all that more difficult than before, outside of the very real offscreen heal bug and the new, improved, and completely annoying Siegebreaker ( still easy, just tedious).

The drop rates though...Act 3 drop rates feel terrible. I was up to my ears in trash rares. I was still able to clear 3m and $40 today through auctions but it's going to be slim pickings tomorrow. I literaaly would ID an entire stash page worth of Act 3 drops and nothing would even be worth auctioning at 30k.

I understand that random loot is random, but things feel off in Act 3 and I can't help but wonder if I shouldn't just faceroll Act 2 since I can probably grind the Oasis + Terminus to ZK and get 1.5x the total number of rares with zero risk in the same unit time spent in Act 3.

Lord Phol

I read the patch notes and didn't see much about Inferno Act II-IV nerfs except that some mobs run away less.
I know they talked about wanting to fix bursty damage and all that before the patch, did I miss something?

I read the patch notes and didn't see much about Inferno Act II-IV nerfs except that some mobs run away less.
I know they talked about wanting to fix bursty damage and all that before the patch, did I miss something?

Yea, you missed the part that all mobs do less damage. If you could do Act 3/4 before (with trouble) it's a walk in the park now. Ridiculously easy. if you were struggling before but could kill stuff sometimes, it will feel just about right now.

You need gear, but if you meet the gear check it is much more fair than it was before. In general damage is less, obnoxious mobs have been detuned, and there aren't as many spikes in diffuculty.

LordCanti

Mmm....

Hidden changes list: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/vbhb4/compiled_list_of_hidden_nerfs_for_patch_103/

• Whimsyshire Pony Bottleneck was fixed - Dammit
  • Elite mobs often regen to full health if kited just outside of your view on the screen - Are you serious?
  • Clouds in Whimsyshire fall under the same chests/destructible objects loot nerf - Gahhhhh.
  • IAS is nerfed more than 50%. 50% nerf is the best case scenario. For most items its around 60% and for weapons it is higher (as high as 75%). - Ugg
  • IAS items did a re-roll on stats in their category. You could have a high roll in the range of the original category that re-rolls low on the new category range. - Is there a chart so I know how raped I got?
  • Dank Cellar Sarkoth now fights - This won't stop botters

Seems low level junk is more often in act 3 and 4

Certainly feels that way, Spent a good 6-7 hours today hunting packs in Act 3 and while I noticed the new rare drop rate(would sometimes get 3-4 from a single group), it was all crap. And not "oh its a level 62 but has bad rolls" crap, I'm talking level 51-54 rares most of the time. Even a dramatic shift in how many 60+ blues I was getting. :(

Random loot is random obviously, but I've seen quite a few threads popping up(and now people in here) saying the same thing.

Lord Phol

You need gear, but if you meet the gear check it is much more fair than it was before. In general damage is less, obnoxious mobs have been detuned, and there aren't as many spikes in diffuculty.

Yea, you missed the part that all mobs do less damage. If you could do Act 3/4 before (with trouble) it's a walk in the park now. Ridiculously easy. if you were struggling before but could kill stuff sometimes, it will feel just about right now.

Ah great, thanks!
Can't wait to try out act 2 on my barb now, it was managable but not really any fun and some prefix combinations were just too nasty.

zoukka

UYCwZ.jpg

Attack speed is 7% the image was taken before the nerf.

So before hitting the gold AH I present this amulet to GAF. Looking for about 10 million gold. Nothing with ias and life% like this on the AH right now and nothing with 120 str/vit life% in RMAH. Special price for GAG :)

Take iiiit I need a new weapon for my WD because the nerf destroyed my main 1hander D:

MF no longer working on chests and the tree being fixed makes Whimsyshire useless to me now after farming it for like 2 weeks. I don't even know what to do with myself now

sleepykyo

Yes and ?
DH with 1h crossbow can use it if someone wanted ultra resilent build.

My mistake, since I've come across one shield DH and read of one in this thread, I'd assume it was an impractical and somewhat unpopular build. I didn't realize sword and shield DHs were a dime a dozen.

HenryHSH

Certainly feels that way, Spent a good 6-7 hours today hunting packs in Act 3 and while I noticed the new rare drop rate(would sometimes get 3-4 from a single group), it was all crap. And not "oh its a level 62 but has bad rolls" crap, I'm talking level 51-54 rares most of the time. Even a dramatic shift in how many 60+ blues I was getting. :(

Random loot is random obviously, but I've seen quite a few threads popping up(and now people in here) saying the same thing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this. Spend hours farming today. ALL trash. I've never spent so much time farming in one session and not get anything decent. Loot range increased in all acts. Not sure why they'd do that with act 3-4 though. Seems kind of dumb.

theta11

I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this. Spend hours farming today. ALL trash. I've never spent so much time farming in one session and not get anything decent. Loot range increased in all acts. Not sure why they'd do that with act 3-4 though. Seems kind of dumb.

I farmed Act 2 and made out quite well, around 3-4m in items from 1 run.

My mistake, since I've come across one shield DH and read of one in this thread, I'd assume it was an impractical and somewhat unpopular build. I didn't realize sword and shield DHs were a dime a dozen.

So just because such build is not optimal right now it shouldn't even exist ?

rCIZZLE

I'm glad a lot of people are getting trash. If they had this intense of a drop rate and all you got were 60s and up there'd be no point to farming. Everything would be rock bottom, dirt fucking cheap in a week.

I'm glad a lot of people are getting trash. If they had this intense of a drop rate and all you got were 60s and up there'd be no point to farming. Everything would be rock bottom, dirt fucking cheap in a week.

That's why people are crying - they don't get godlike loot in 2 weeks so obviously game is crap.

I'm not crying, just posting my experiences. I really have no reason to "cry" or complain, I just crossed the $1000 threshold today. Just notice there seems to be a change to the drop rate is all. ;)

This is a bit old, but anyone else catch it? http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/v9f12/guys_i_figured_it_out_the_story_now_makes_sense/

It's the Diablo III indoctrination theory!

I'm not crying, just posting my experiences. I really have no reason to "cry" or complain, I just crossed the $1000 threshold today. Just notice there seems to be a change to the drop rate is all. ;)

I think you've won at this game while I sit here still with my meager $3.82.

LordCanti

I think you've won at this game while I sit here still with my meager $3.82.

Selling stuff on the RMAH is how this game is won. People should know that by now. Buying things on the RMAH is how the game is lost.

Is Sarkoth only good for gold? Does he drop ok loot sometimes?

He's got the same low chance of dropping lvl 62-63 loot as any other purple monster, as far as I know anyway. Honestly the gold from him isn't that stellar, and is nothing compared to just running through the cathedral or something.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So? Am I supposed to care about people's rmah business? We had this thing called hyperinflation and drop rates still need to be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom