• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

VQuQk.png

Anyone wants this/worth something?

Are you seriously asking? A simple AH check would tell you that is worth at least a million. (well maybe not that much, but a good amount still)

Just check the AH for main stats people, it's not that hard.

R6Zyx.png

Anyone want to tell me what these are worth ?

I sold one just like that for $5. They are going from like 120k up to 20 million in the GAH =/ That set would be godly for Barbs if they had decent DPS.

panty

Are you seriously asking? A simple AH check would tell you that is worth at least a million. Just check the AH for main stats people, it's not that hard.

Haven't checked AH yet because the prices are out of the roof. I've put similar items to RMAH and none have sold and I've priced my stuff cheaply :b

I'm ok with the repair costs so far. I've had to do one full repair so far and it was about 50k. But that forces me to choose between "Do I do the more dangerous Act 3 for a higher chance of good loot, or do I farm Act 2 more easily?"

I'm still trying to figure out the best balance, I think it's good that we're making these decisions.

Going back and farming an earlier act with me is totally ok, because I can still get good drops. And to be quite honest, the drop rate of ilvl 63 pre-patch feels closer to Act 2's current drop rate than Act 3's current drop rate. So it's not like you're even losing anything.

For some reason people can't get over the fact that they have to go back a whole act. When what they should be saying is "I can farm substantially EASIER content with the SAME chance of getting ilvl 63 drops, and dying less". If you're playing the game right, you should be spending LESS on repairs than before and getting equally good drops

forrest

formerly nacire
DH-Gaf, is this a good quiver? Or should I look for something else?

cnL1t.jpg

Trying to find a good one for a friend, and mother of god is the AH bad for getting a decent idea of value for quivers.

It's not a bad quiver, but it's lacking crit.

Track down if you can:

15 IAS
10 Discipline
8.5 Crit Chance (haven't seen a 9)
1 or higher Hatred Regen
Dex as much as you can get naturally or with a socket
*Any other defensive stats (Vit, Stun, etc.)

These make for a very nice quiver, albeit a very expensive quiver!

forrest

formerly nacire
I'm ok with the repair costs so far. I've had to do one full repair so far and it was about 50k. But that forces me to choose between "Do I do the more dangerous Act 3 for a higher chance of good loot, or do I farm Act 2 more easily?"

I'm still trying to figure out the best balance, I think it's good that we're making these decisions.

Going back and farming an earlier act with me is totally ok, because I can still get good drops. And to be quite honest, the drop rate of ilvl 63 pre-patch feels closer to Act 2's current drop rate than Act 3's current drop rate. So it's not like you're even losing anything.

For some reason people can't get over the fact that they have to go back a whole act. When what they should be saying is "I can farm substantially EASIER content with the SAME chance of getting ilvl 63 drops, and dying less". If you're playing the game right, you should be spending LESS on repairs than before and getting equally good drops

How is it the SAME chance when it's officially listed as a LOWER percentage drop rate? And how does one play the game right?

*ugh double post :(

Blitzhex

This patch hit WD hard. I need to stack a crap ton of IAS to get back to 2.10 AS to be able to effectively kite and stutter step with darts again :/
Also, seems spending 1.5mill on teh ponies staff yesterday was a waste >.<

inky

It's nice when your friends are good at the game too.

I wish I had those irl friends. While my friends play games regularly, they are generally bad at everything that is not a console fighting game.

How is it the SAME chance when it's officially listed as a LOWER percentage drop rate? And how does one play the game right?

Maybe by stacking MF gear? Act II might have 100% more chance for dropping iLvl 63 items than Act I, but I can farm Act I extremely easily with 300 MF, while I have about 25 for Act II and it takes me longer to go through it. In the end, I get a ton more rares in less time from Act I runs than from Act II, and the sheer number of items that drop probably offsets the 2% extra chance. Plus I die less o repair costs are down too.

Mystery

This patch hit WD hard. I need to stack a crap ton of IAS to get back to 2.10 AS to be able to effectively kite and stutter step with darts again :/

I'm running witch doctor, and I replaced all my IAS with crit chance/crit damage stuff last week. Currently at 38K unbuffed, and 31% crit chance with 139% crit damage, and darts are effective, even though I'm at 1.3 attack speed. I use Grasp of the Dead, and Wall of Zombies to slow along with Lyndon who has a 5% Chill on Hit crossbow with Crippling Shot. Running through Act II with few problems (only some champion packs/elites give me trouble).

rCIZZLE

Also, seems spending 1.5mill on teh ponies staff yesterday was a waste >.<

Yep. I love how they finally changed the staff so you can't drop it and is easily separated from the white garbage you accidentally pick up. Then at the same time they nerf the ponies so bad that I want to drop my staff.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hmm, I dunno, maybe it's just me, but it seems like my act 3 drops are shittier than pre patch. I'm getting hella ilvl sub-60 rares over here. And that's with 321 MF with valor. I guess I'll just try it again.

/sacrifices more hamsters to the RNG gods.

Xanathus

So a few days ago I posted this
hey guys are we showing off our loot here

hmwRT.png

sniped this off the AH for 2 mil gold
and got these responses
I don't know if you actually sniped that though.
That's why he said he didn't really think you bought something worth way below it's value. I think people usually don't value % life much.

So I said
Well I'll be back once I've sold it for $250!

Well here I am back again! (had to set a lower buyout because I already had funds in my blizz bucks balance)

WRjfd.png

rCIZZLE

So a few days ago I posted this

and got these responses

So I said

Well here I am back again! (had to set a lower buyout because I already had funds in my blizz bucks balance)

WRjfd.png

Damn, I have a couple rings on par with that. Probably going to toss them in the RMAH lol. Actually I might toss all my gear in the RMAH.

Blitzhex

I'm running witch doctor, and I replaced all my IAS with crit chance/crit damage stuff last week. Currently at 38K unbuffed, and 31% crit chance with 139% crit damage, and darts are effective, even though I'm at 1.3 attack speed. I use Grasp of the Dead, and Wall of Zombies to slow along with Lyndon who has a 5% Chill on Hit crossbow with Crippling Shot. Running through Act II with few problems (only some champion packs/elites give me trouble).

Act 2 doesn't really have any enemies that throw fast projectiles at you. You need to cancel out of the animation fast to be able to dodge spears (doors) in act 3, and perhaps shaman fireballs to some degree. I don't think 1.3 AS would cut it since there's those milisecs where you can't move your char after you've shot out your darts.
You need the AS to move out of Ghom adds and Cydaea spiders that spawn under you and Diablo fireballs/wd clone mortars as well.
Then again, I play glass cannon and all of the above one shots me if I can't move out fast enough :p

Come on gaf. Give me some pointers on my wizard build. I'm taking a bigger beating than Chris Brown at this point.

IMO try taking tele with fracture + illusionist, it really helps survival especially when your gear isn't that great and/or blizzard for much better kiting. Gear wise your stats seem for doing some farming in A1 inferno.

masud

Banned
Waller to trap me? Cool. Waller to stop me from hitting you unless I walk into your plagued arcane death trap? Not cool.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Killing Azmodan totally isn't worth it now. lol, what the hell's the point anymore?

1 less guaranteed rare makes it not worth it? I just killed him for the first time in Inferno and got 3 rares. It's not like you can't get good stuff.

Act 2 is listed as a lower drop than CURRENT act 3. It's not listed as a lower drop than PRE-PATCH act 3. There is no information about drop rates before patch.

It *feels* like the current act 2 drop rate is closer to the *pre patch* act 3 drop rate.

One plays the game right by

a) not zerg rushing shit the way you used to:
b) Gearing for survivability instead of full on glass cannon
c) Going back to an earlier act if you're dying too much

Barbs have all along been in the unfortunate situation for WEEKS of having to spend millions of gold just to do anything. Now everyone else is in the same position. You can very easily find gear that has the same dps as your current gear, but with 100 extra VIT and some all resistance for a few million. And that's what DHs and Wizards have to start doing now. When you have 400 resistance, 45k HP, and 60k DPS, you're not going to be dying so easily anymore.

Dizzy-4U

Quick question, after the 1.03 patch, the game randomly freezes when I enter a building or loading screen, but if I tab out and in again, it works fine.

At the same time I installed the 304.48 nvidia beta drivers.

Anyone knows if this is related to the patch or the drivers?

Act 2 is listed as a lower drop than CURRENT act 3. It's not listed as a lower drop than PRE-PATCH act 3. There is no information about drop rates before patch.

It *feels* like the current act 2 drop rate is closer to the *pre patch* act 3 drop rate.

One plays the game right by

a) not zerg rushing shit the way you used to:
b) Gearing for survivability instead of full on glass cannon

Barbs have all along been in the unfortunate situation for WEEKS of having to spend millions of gold just to do anything. Now everyone else is in the same position. You can very easily find gear that has the same dps as your current gear, but with 100 extra VIT and some all resistance for a few million. And that's what DHs and Wizards have to start doing now. When you have 400 resistance, 45k HP, and 60k DPS, you're not going to be dying so easily anymore.

if i'm not wrong, before patch the ilvl 63 act I & II drop rate was 0

Why does the Act 2 quest of killing that Lieutenant dude only give me 2,500 xp in NM but 4k in normal? :\

I'm lvl 25.. so I can do NM now.. Does it scale with lvl? I'm at the bare min.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have been building tanky wizard for a few weeks now since I didn't feel like kitting everything. I switched to a 1H weapon, and have a nice source and shield I swap depending on how bad I am being beat on.

My Stats (Buffed, and with source):
0620stats.jpg

My Items:

My Build (uses very little arcane energy)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bSRXQO!adf!bZbaYc

Going though Act III without to much trouble now, but some elites still cause problems. I think I need to upgrade my Helm and Amulet, but what I want will be costly and simply hard to find.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
1 less guaranteed rare makes it not worth it? I just killed him for the first time in Inferno and got 3 rares. It's not like you can't get good stuff.

Compared to before, I should say. Before, I was able to kill him as he was summoning his third blood pool. Now, it takes longer, and I have to dodge 1 or 2 rounds of blood pools. It takes longer, and I have a greater chance of dying to a random laggy pool. With repair costs higher, the risk is greater, the time spent is greater, and the reward is less.

It's just faster/easier to make a new game and start all over. I'll still kill him in co-op farming, though, since with multiple people, it's easier to switch to MF gear at the end.

I thought this last patch would have make the game more enjoyable but so far it has the opposite effect. The repair cost is insane especially on my monk who died a lot. Drop are not significantly better not to mention there seems to be more blue. While the DH nerf is not major deal it does reduce my already low dps. I am not hardcore player and only play casually for the fun loot but Blizz balancing the game base on farmers, and exploiters are making me less likely to log in.

May be it's time to move on anyway, this was the only game I play since it came out and I have been neglecting the other games.

Mystery

ibflfbveesGRJv.png

This just dropped while I was goblin farming act II. Affixes are great, but I can't see any level 60 using such a low dps weapon. Should I just salvage it?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
ibflfbveesGRJv.png

This just dropped while I was goblin farming act II. Affixes are great, but I can't see any level 60 using such a low dps weapon. Should I just salvage it?

I salvage any 2 hand bow with less than 900 dps automatically. You can try list it for about 20k or so to see if anyone will bite. There is another bow on the NA AH right now that is listed at a buyout of 34k, and it's over a day old.

Cipherr

# of people in public games is down HARD today. This cannot be my imagination. Looking at the number, its way lower than normal. Ive got 50k gold on the repair costs change being neutered or pulled within 3 weeks lol.

Who the hell wants to play on a pub instead of solo with those ridiculous repair costs.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Who the hell wants to play on a pub instead of solo with those ridiculous repair costs.

I've been saying that they need to reward players for staying alive, not punish them for dying. Same thing I tried telling the devs of Final Fantasy 14. Oh god, did I just compare this game to FF14 again?.....

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
To me, the repair costs are nothing too big, Maybe they will make indestructible items worth something though. But it will likely really impact people with less defensive gear in Hell and lower infernal acts.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hidden changes list: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/vbhb4/compiled_list_of_hidden_nerfs_for_patch_103/

• Whimsyshire Pony Bottleneck was fixed
  • Act 1 Cultist Ritual easy Champ kill nerfed
  • Zombie bears now bugged
  • Command per second lowered and disconnecting people for spamming commands too fast
  • Monster walls now correctly block certain abilities like Evasive fire/Archon beam/piercing orb/etc.
  • Elite mob that used to spawn to right of Dahlgur Oasis is now purple monster that does not grant NV.
  • Magic weapon no longer duplicates its effect (it used to stack double)
  • Elite mobs often regen to full health if kited just outside of your view on the screen
  • Clouds in Whimsyshire fall under the same chests/destructible objects loot nerf
  • IAS is nerfed more than 50%. 50% nerf is the best case scenario. For most items its around 60% and for weapons it is higher (as high as 75%).
  • IAS items did a re-roll on stats in their category. You could have a high roll in the range of the original category that re-rolls low on the new category range.
  • Act 2 nagas before waterlogged passage replaced with a single named elite.
  • Dank Cellar Sarkoth now fights
  • Event in Festing Woods changes spawn locations now, and sometimes won't even appear
  • Belial powerleveling patched

[*] Goblins gained immunity to barbaian's hook when portaling away (fuck, this was HILARIOUS to do!)
  • Mythic potions drops nerfed? Could be related to destructible items
  • You can no longer force the same instance of a map by reloading a game. It will randomly pick a map every time. If you want the same map you'll have to load up several games.
  • Whimsyshire staff plans changed from 1 gold cost to 50k gold.
  • Certain popular crafting recipes ninja nerfed to higher costs. Such as Seven Sins and all pieces in Sage's set.
  • Dank Cellar goblin runs nerfed
  • Gold spammers muted/banned better
  • Act 3 pop-up mines no longer do 400k damage to enemies. They now do about 50k.

maharg

idspispopd
I've been saying that they need to reward players for staying alive, not punish them for dying. Same thing I tried telling the devs of Final Fantasy 14. Oh god, did I just compare this game to FF14 again?.....

Why shouldn't people be punished for dying? It's not really dying without any kind of consequence. Lack of consequence for death has been a problem with this game from day 1.

# of people in public games is down HARD today. This cannot be my imagination. Looking at the number, its way lower than normal. Ive got 50k gold on the repair costs change being neutered or pulled within 3 weeks lol.

Well it's not like they have any other gold sinks now. Crafting and artisan training was nerfed to the ground (yeah, yeah, high level gems, but not many people are running around with them yet anyway), the stash is pretty cheap in the first place, and there's no other gambling or anything else to get rid of gold (dyes are pretty damn minor, and the AH doesn't remove that much gold from the game, even with at 15% fee.)

They'll definitely need more sinks eventually. Maybe something like a dungeon that you pay to enter, but you're basically gambling since the contents could be crap, or maybe you'll find a bunch of elites, or possibly a jackpot of resplendent chests? Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom