• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Awww yeah, my biggest sell so far!

KW6Du.png

FXuQ1.png

panty

http://i.imgur.com/ql4pA.png

630dps 1-handed with 700 loh. I paid 100k-200k gold for that. Okay.

An auction associated with this Diablo III account has encountered an issue and has been cancelled for the protection of the parties involved. While we strive to minimise any auction cancellations and regret the inconvenience it may cause, keeping the auction house safe and secure is something we take very seriously. Any funds used to participate in this auction will be returned to the buyer, and the item will be returned to the seller in the Diablo III auction house “Completed” tab.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter. Please feel free to post/bid on the item again and otherwise continue to use the Diablo III auction house as you normally would.

Regards,

What the FUCK is this?!

rCIZZLE

So? Am I supposed to care about people's rmah business? We had this thing called hyperinflation and drop rates still need to be improved.

Not talking about rmah. If everybody got godly drops every MF run then there would be no more godly drops. I don't think getting a 1000dps 900loh 250str 1h would be very rewarding if everybody got one. That's what was so awesome about the series. (well, at least 2) You could MF for a couple days and get nothing of note then the next run you get something so godlike it pays for upgrades on everything.

i'm expecting better drops than before. So far, nothing that passes that level

You're getting a lot more rares. Not every rare has to be ilvl63 to be good. I think I got more rare rings and amulets in the past day then I got since hitting 60.

Zzoram

Selling stuff on the RMAH is how this game is won. People should know that by now. Buying things on the RMAH is how the game is lost.

He's got the same low chance of dropping lvl 62-63 loot as any other purple monster, as far as I know anyway. Honestly the gold from him isn't that stellar, and is nothing compared to just running through the cathedral or something.

Sarkoth won't kill you, random champions in the Cathedral may.

V_Arnold

What the FUCK is this?!

Maybe someone tried to sell a stuff with the broken AIS affix?
I would be ENRAGED if that did not work, especially if real money was involved.
That is basically a scam right there.

(And yes, I did buy an Inna Pants for 500k, but whatever, it can sit in my inventory for a few more weeks.)

panty

Maybe someone tried to sell a stuff with the broken AIS affix?
I would be ENRAGED if that did not work, especially if real money was involved.
That is basically a scam right there.

(And yes, I did buy an Inna Pants for 500k, but whatever, it can sit in my inventory for a few more weeks.)
What? That's my item. I sold a 1-handed weapon and it didn't have any ias.
Buyer's remorse/Paypal fuckage?

You can buy stuff and then cancel it? Time to do some "shopping" then.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Get 5 stack of NV in act 3, leave game after repairing equipment because of hours of farming pots.
Get 4 stacks of NV in act 2, disconnected from the Internet.

Sigh.

Nibel

I got two legendary items last weekend and they don't sell at all.. I feel like nobody buys stuff at the AH anymore, even if the price is way below what the items are worth

Which legendaries? It could just be that they are terrible legendaries (which is most of them).

Well at least you have chance to sell them for 20-50k. People have some weird fetish for legendaries and stuff which would be impossible to sell if it were yellow gets sold.

I've been noticing a lot more packs regening to full health immediately. Feels annoying man.

I thought it was bad when I died with a 3 second respawn, had a 5 second jog back to the group I was fighting and they were back to full again.

Then I ran into a group where I died, and they immediately went back to full HP before I even released. Guess we can't die now. :lol

The increased repair costs are fine on the one hand but they definitely have the effect of making cheap deaths more obvious and irritating. Yesterday I was fighting some elites in Act II in close quarters and kept getting killed by vortex + jailer + arcane + desecrator. At some point a lack of skill (or even decent gear) just isn't the issue anymore.

eek5

I thought it was bad when I died with a 3 second respawn, had a 5 second jog back to the group I was fighting and they were back to full again.

Then I ran into a group where I died, and they immediately went back to full HP before I even released. Guess we can't die now. :lol
It's done to promote group play /s

Yup, you're bound to get caught out by stuff like horde + arcane with some sort of lockdown affix.

Had 2 packs spawn on top of each other with unique affixes. 8 God damn things to deal with at once.

So it looks like they nerfed Kulle and Lt Dervish or w/e quests in Act 2 Nightmare..

Any other recommendations on where to quickly get XP?

Maghda gives 71k exp for finishing quest on hell+ exp for actual kill.
Just don't go back to town after killing her or it will start playing animation.

Totakeke

Wait, not only did they not improve in searching damage modifiers for off hand, they removed the minimum bonus physical damage search too? What.

Anyway, found a quiver earlier with all the desired stats that you'd want on one. Just not a high enough level to get max discipline/crit roll

fauD5.png

What should I do?

kagete

Wow I haven't gotten a single item upgrade in 2 weeks and now post-patch I can perma-tank siegebreaker without using a single cooldown and switching to a mediocre life on hit weapon allows me to perma-tank azmodan in the pools of blood. Thank you blizzard for allowing me to watch anime and do other crap while farming now. Act 3 suddenly turned quite easy and I actually make way more money now even with the increased repair costs.

The NV magic find makes it so most elites drop 2 to 3 rares at 5 stacks. I even got 3 rares from a pack when I joined a game late where I had 0 NV but my brother already had 5. Elite hunting feels to me like the most efficient way to farm now. Whimsyshire doesn't seem so hot anymore because you only get to kill 4-5 elite packs inside and if you could handle that then Act3 should be a cakewalk for your characters anyway.

Great Patch! I like the relatively quick turnaround and hope Blizzard keeps this up.

Trickster

The new repair costs are fucking dumb as shit. Today I've done from the start of act 2, and up until the point where I have to find forgotten ruins in the dahlgur oasis ( inferno ofc). In the span of doing that I've only gotten 41k gold...

Stasis

So it looks like they nerfed Kulle and Lt Dervish or w/e quests in Act 2 Nightmare..

Any other recommendations on where to quickly get XP?

Not that there was much chance of it happening at this point regardless, but that really kills what little chance there was of me ever leveling another character. Game isn't fun enough to go through legitimately a 3rd time.

Zeliard

Zombie Bears is so fucked up now. They really need to fix that asap. The bears being blocked by random shit has gotten me killed more than a few times and combined with the new repair costs, rage.

Zombie Bears is so fucked up now. They really need to fix that asap. The bears being blocked by random shit has gotten me killed more than a few times and combined with the new repair costs, rage.

I was leveling a Witch Doctor alt just to mess around with that skill, I really hope they fix that soon.

scy

I'm sorry to tell you that's a huge overpay. Lifesteal doesn't do anything in inferno, you're looking for Life on Hit.

And for anyone not using just their Primary skills (e.g., Bash/Cleave/Frenzy for a Barb), Life on Hit does even less than Life Steal%.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Why shouldn't people be punished for dying? It's not really dying without any kind of consequence. Lack of consequence for death has been a problem with this game from day 1.

What I mean is that the emphasis is more on rewards for staying alive rather than punishments for death. A kind of positive reinforcement. Death will still have costs and consequences associated with it. If players were risking losing one valor stack on death, for example, that might make them think twice about fragile builds.

Cipherr

That's why people are crying - they don't get godlike loot in 2 weeks so obviously game is crap.

I knew this was coming too. People were initially complaining about the chance for the ilvl 61-63 items. There was a legitimate problem there, but I always knew that even when that was fixed, alot of people would quickly swap from "Nothing can, and nothing does drop for me!" to "I have bundles of items, but they aren't itemized the way I want them to be!".

That crowd is never going to be satisfied, and they just need to quit the game now and save themselves the pain, and save my ears the strain. Its supposed to take months and months and months and MONTHS to put together sets of nearly completely ideal itemized loot. So long in fact that it should take you until the next expansion so the 'treadmill' gets extended once you reach that point. We are what, a month or so in and folks are already bitching.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The drop rates though...Act 3 drop rates feel terrible. I was up to my ears in trash rares. I was still able to clear 3m and $40 today through auctions but it's going to be slim pickings tomorrow. I literaaly would ID an entire stash page worth of Act 3 drops and nothing would even be worth auctioning at 30k.

Good thing to know that I'm not the only one who feels something changed with act 3 loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom