• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went on a massive farming spree in Act 3. Killed 27 elite packs, picked up 47 rares. 24 of the rares are Item level 61+, but only 4 of them are 63.

Now to see if any of them are good...

*edit* Nope :(

scy

Thanks for a lengthy description, that is nice of you. Will test them out .

It's also worth noting that Life on Hit isn't technically "you gain X Life when you hit an enemy." Life on Hit ticks every .5s and it adds up all the hits you've done, multiplies those by their respective skill scaling coefficients, and then you get healed by that amount whenever the .5s tick occurs. That .5s tick is the same as any Life per Second you have, for the record, so Life on Hit "essentially" temporarily increases your Life per Second regen.

Basically, lets say you have 300 Life on Hit and Whirlwind through a crowd of enemies and hit 17 total times. Your total life gained would be 300 * .13 * 17 or around 663 Health and you'll get that healing whenever that .5s tick occurs.

Also of note, this scaling multiplier is the same one used for those "You have a chance on X for Y to happen" like Overpower's cooldown reduction. So every Whirlwind crit has a 13% chance of lowering Overpower's cooldown by 1.

Is there any place for a barb to farm In act 3 besides Siege Breaker or Azmodan?

It's also worth noting that Life on Hit isn't technically "you gain X Life when you hit an enemy." Life on Hit ticks every .5s and it adds up all the hits you've done, multiplies those by their respective skill scaling coefficients, and then you get healed by that amount whenever the .5s tick occurs. That .5s tick is the same as any Life per Second you have, for the record, so Life on Hit "essentially" temporarily increases your Life per Second regen.

Basically, lets say you have 300 Life on Hit and Whirlwind through a crowd of enemies and hit 17 total times. Your total life gained would be 300 * .13 * 17 or around 663 Health and you'll get that healing whenever that .5s tick occurs.

Also of note, this scaling multiplier is the same one used for those "You have a chance on X for Y to happen" like Overpower's cooldown reduction. So every Whirlwind crit has a 13% chance of lowering Overpower's cooldown by 1.
Even more interesting. thanks. Yeap I've noticed that LOH was acting like regen, now I know howto calculate it.

Where's my price check on this?

fauD5.png

Not maxed discipline or crit but the stat distribution is pretty good.

Unsure if it'll go ignored by people looking for 10 discipline

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
ran a2 last night. def higher drop rate or better items. wallers are insane with their cast rate now. snakes seem easier. bees are just as annoying. my comps performance seems to have taken a hit though. i think theres a bug with those mid quest bosses not dropping anything though. they are yellow like elites and they are boss status like a boss, but they never drop anything. resplendents are worthless making all those side events useless. absolutely pointless to break anything anymore. mobs elemental ( frozen bombs, lightning) damage seems to have gone way up. monsters now still attack and stay in my face after using smoke screen. all in all my gold amount stayed about the same, between repotting, repairs, vendoring and GF.

I feel like it's all just bandaids on a really broken game. still glad to see moves are being made. and it hasnt become unenjoyable yet.

one bandaid i'd like to see though is either a full rejuvie potion, or up the amount pots heal. because they are nowhere near healpful compared tothe amount of vit people have.

scy

As a barb, is a 1H weapon 683dps with +100str or 562 with +200str ?

How to calculate this ?

Well. Write down your Strength without any weapon equipped. Now:

WeaponDPS * (1 + [STR + WeaponSTR]/100)

So, if you have 1000 STR without either weapon:
683 * (1 + [1000 + 100]/100) = 8196
562 * (1 + [1000 + 200]/100) = 7306

Just a rough way to go about it. There's no easy "+1 STR = +X DPS" since it largely depends on your current STR.

one bandaid i'd like to see though is either a full rejuvie potion, or up the amount pots heal. because they are nowhere near healpful compared tothe amount of vit people have.

+Health Globe Healing should probably boost Potions as well, really. Maybe not as much (half?) but ... something. 12.5k HP isn't that big.

Then again, it also promotes more mitigation to boost EHP rather than more VIT to boost EHP.

Mr Swine

Banned
Is it me or did barbarians get a big nerf with the new patch? I'm still having problems killing blue and yellow elite mobs. What's even worse is that repairing cost so much now :(

Neki

Is it me or did barbarians get a big nerf with the new patch? I'm still having problems killing blue and yellow elite mobs. What's even worse is that repairing cost so much now :(

Poorly geared Barbarians did, barbarians with decent gear are doing much better now.

TommyT

If that had more dex it'd be a $250 item

Still a fantastic quiver. I'd totally buy it if I wasn't broke from gearing my monk

:lol yeah I didn't get the high end of the dex or vit roll. I still put it up for $250, it can sit for a day or so. If nothing, I'll lower it or just plop it on the gold AH for quite a bit. I saw one with less stats have a 9m+ bid so looking for something around there with it.

I also love how mortar now targets you when you're standing directly beside a mob. You know, because there weren't already enough affixes that sucked for melee characters. :p

scy

I also love how mortar now targets you when you're standing directly beside a mob. You know, because there weren't already enough affixes that sucked for melee characters. :p

They should have increased the minimum range. I don't actually think I got a Mortar affix at all from playing last night.

...but, considering the other things that kind of got broken (seriously, Bears?)...

Really? I think I'm decently geared but I just changed gear with more resistance to all elements. Shouldn't that help against fire/ice attacks?

How much Armor did you drop for those resistances?

They should have increased the minimum range. I don't actually think I got a Mortar affix at all from playing last night.

...but, considering the other things that kind of got broken (seriously, Bears?)...
Are you saying you think they did increase it or you think they should have? I only ran into it once last night but it definitely felt decreased, as in "minimum is now 1 yard" decreased.

scy

Are you saying you think they did increase it or you think they should have? I only ran into it once last night but it definitely felt decreased, as in "minimum is now 1 yard" decreased.

Sorry, they said that they increased the minimum range rather than decreased it entirely because of what you're saying: It sucked that the minimum range was short enough that it would still splash onto melee (or just outright hit them). Your safe zone should be greater post-patch.

I didn't run into any Mortar enemies last night to check how significant the range increase was. Or, if I did, it was so ridiculously huge that I didn't care and just went on face melting on my Barb.

Realyn

Hi there d3gaf,

haven't posted for a while ... because I didn't play much infact. Got my lvl 60 on the 23th or so, did two days of Act I goblin, got soooo bored and sold all my gold on ebay. Probably could have made a small fortune if I had kept playing :D.

Anyway, some friends finally bought D3 this month and they are close to sixty. How are my stats looking for Act1/Inferno/HC solo or in group with Barb,Monk,WD,Wizz?

My blockchance is very bad. But I couldn't find a shield below ~800k that would be a decent upgrade.

Picture is with Ench buff.

LordCanti

Are any of those one button MF gear switch safe to use?

Safe as in "will I get banned" or safe as in "will I get a virus"?

To the first question, no, probably not. No one really knows yet though, so if you don't want to risk it, don't risk it. To the second question, no, as long as you're smart about it. Use a script where the source code is freely displayed, and that uses a well known (and non-diablo-related) program.

DSmalls84

Str: 1161
Int: 363
Dexterity: 489
Vitality: 955

DPS: 11541 with the unforgiving + Berserker rage and brawler passive skills

I'm going after the two orbs, the beacon of light.

Well I would switch to Nerves of Steel, Tough as Nails, and maybe Superstition as well for passives. Those should boost your ability to survive.

scy

Picture is with Ench buff.

Just Enchantress buff? No Warcry? Either way, Armor/Resists are fine for Act 1; I'd focus on raising Resists to approach your Armor for future upgrades. Your Shield is awful though :x 13% is practically not even there~ But I can imagine that upgrade would be a pain.

RDreamer

So, I'm at an odd spot. I really don't know what to upgrade. Everything I look up seems to be at best a kind of side grade that I'm worried if I spend the 3 mil or whatever it is it won't actually be better:

I actually borrowed a friend's 28% stormshield, and I'm not sure it helped any. I'm really not sure it's worth the price, anyway. I am looking at possibly grabbing a helm of command that has like 60 dex, and 140 vit, and lightning and all resists added to about 65 (I use One With Everything). But, again, I'm not sure that's an upgrade. I get a lot more vit, but that armor goes way down. I just looked through some pants, too, and couldn't really find anything better without sacrificing like 200+ armor to do it.

So, GAF, what do I need to change or look for?

Realyn

Just Enchantress buff? No Warcry? Either way, Armor/Resists are fine for Act 1; I'd focus on raising Resists to approach your Armor for future upgrades. Your Shield is awful though :x 13% is practically not even there~ But I can imagine that upgrade would be a pain.

Nah with Warcry. And yeah .. its awful. Crafted 5 lvl 61 shields yesterday and only got the biggest shit you could imagine. Hopefully I'll find a good one on the AH.

Every real upgrade will cost more than 1 mill tho. I'm using a full Vit chest, amulet and helmet, since noone of my AR items have Vit on them.

Shadow780

Safe as in "will I get banned" or safe as in "will I get a virus"?

To the first question, no, probably not. No one really knows yet though, so if you don't want to risk it, don't risk it. To the second question, no, as long as you're smart about it. Use a script where the source code is freely displayed, and that uses a well known (and non-diablo-related) program.

Thanks, I'm looking for one that works on both PC and Mac.

Almost all of the resist I have are at 300 and 3 of em at 340.

Is that with War Cry active? You'll want that as one of your skills with the Impunity rune, gives you 50% more resist.

And are you using the Enchantress as your companion? If not make sure you do, and pick up her 15% armor buff skill. Also try swapping some of your passives, Dsmalls listed the ones that are more defensive. with 11k DPS you should have more then enough firepower to kill elite packs in Act 1 without your current ones.

I have to say, I had a lot of fun just with farming last night on Act 1/Inferno.

It was a little disappointing when I first logged in to see my DH go from 50K DPS down to 40K DPS, but to me I think it was just an opportunity to get some better gear. By the end of the night I was back up to 45K.

I switched over to ball lightning and while everything felt slower, it's actually a great skill because the range on that thing is immense so it's really great when the enemies are spread out a little. The one thing I feel I'm really missing right now is a way to better handle reflect champs. I know you can use SS at the moment it hits them but it felt sometimes like I needed something more so I'm thinking a lower DPS bow with life on hit and a socket for more would do the trick(I hope).

Once I hit 5 stacks, it was really fun though. So good to always seeing those yellows fall from champs. Yeah, they aren't all going to be perfect items, but it's fun at least seeing them so often now.

I did feel underpowered in Whimsy though. I had a hard time with the bosses so as has been mentioned by some, it feels like it might not be a very good option or at least not until I gear up some more.

I was running Festering Woods and then over to the Cemetery, then to Northern Highlands(someone posted about the tower there and it rocks) and then finally Warden/Butcher. Lots of places listed there, but very quick to do I found and just a ton of rares along with my second set item I've found.

scy

With Magic weapon change everyone is swapping to Familiar with 12% dmg increase rune ?

There was no change, just a display bug :x Force Weapon is still better than Flintlock.

Almost all of the resist I have are at 300 and 3 of em at 340.

You may want to adjust your passives to something more defensive (Nerves of Steel, Tough as Nails) and then work on getting your Armor and Resists to higher values. 4k Armor is pretty low for an Inferno Barb, really; I think I have 6k on my Hell Barb.

And, really, I don't think Berserker Rage, Brawler, or even Unforgiven are all that good anyway :x

Mr Swine

Banned
Is that with War Cry active? You'll want that as one of your skills with the Impunity rune, gives you 50% more resist.

And are you using the Enchantress as your companion? If not make sure you do, and pick up her 15% armor buff skill. Also try swapping some of your passives, Dsmalls listed the ones that are more defensive. with 11k DPS you should have more then enough firepower to kill elite packs in Act 1 without your current ones.

That is without, with warcry I get 445 and the 3 get around 515

Yeah I'm going to use enchantress now more often, thanks :))

DSmalls84

If the 11k DPS is partially coming from the passives and it lowers with the change, it might be a little tough to go all the way to Butcher. I would say either get a weapon upgrade and skill passives for defense, or keep the current set and upgrade the armor. Probably easier to get a better weapon though.

scy

I actually borrowed a friend's 28% stormshield, and I'm not sure it helped any. I'm really not sure it's worth the price, anyway. I am looking at possibly grabbing a helm of command that has like 60 dex, and 140 vit, and lightning and all resists added to about 65 (I use One With Everything). But, again, I'm not sure that's an upgrade. I get a lot more vit, but that armor goes way down. I just looked through some pants, too, and couldn't really find anything better without sacrificing like 200+ armor to do it.

So, GAF, what do I need to change or look for?

Honestly, I just don't like Shields on Monks anymore. I championed the cause for awhile but high Armor/Resists with Dodge is just overall better for survival than some block chance via a Shield. Especially since Monks can break the 60%/70%/75% marks for Evasion. Don't think of it as relying on Evasion to survive, it's just relying on Evasion to frontload mitigation instead of Block at the backend.

But ... you're just looking at needing millions of gold per upgrade. A lot of your slots are really good. Your DEX/VIT/IAS% Ring could be replaced with something better and maybe your Chest with a higher Armor, DEX, VIT, etc. with three sockets. Also, you may be reaching a point where you'd get more mileage out of DEX sockets rather than VIT.

The other thing is possibly the Helm for something just as good but with a Socket for +15% Life to socket into it.

The one thing I feel I'm really missing right now is a way to better handle reflect champs. I know you can use SS at the moment it hits them but it felt sometimes like I needed something more so I'm thinking a lower DPS bow with life on hit and a socket for more would do the trick(I hope).

Can try building towards Shadow Power/Gloom build instead of SS. Glass cannon-y days are dying :x Unless you don't mind repairs, I guess.

scy

My DPS barb with zero defensive passives is doing awesome.

I can't wait to get my Barb to ~50% Crit and see how it pans out for Inferno :x Forget this defensive shit~!

So the dps calculation shown in game was incorrect ?

Because i was getting 13,5k with Magic Weapon and close to 12k with familiar ?

Pre-patch, Force Weapon was giving +15%, showing +30%; post-patch, it's giving +15%, showing +15%.

Only 4 is still above average for 47 rares in A3. :lol

Psh, pre-patch I was rolling in Archon gear. Now I get assaulted by level 51 boneweave armor. COME BACK ARCHON GEAR :(

If the 11k DPS is partially coming from the passives and it lowers with the change, it might be a little tough to go all the way to Butcher. I would say either get a weapon upgrade and skill passives for defense, or keep the current set and upgrade the armor. Probably easier to get a better weapon though.

I just assumed he was standing in town reading stats to us. If thats the case then Brawler isn't affecting dps(no mobs around), and Berserker Rage isn't either(no rage). If he was getting his dps numbers in live combat with full rage and 3 mobs around, then yeah he's going to take a hit when he swaps those.

DSmalls84

Psh, pre-patch I was rolling in Archon gear. Now I get assaulted by level 51 boneweave armor. COME BACK ARCHON GEAR :(

I just assumed he was standing in town reading stats to us. If thats the case then Brawler isn't affecting dps(no mobs around), and Berserker Rage isn't either(no rage). If he was getting his dps numbers in live combat with full rage and 3 mobs around, then yeah he's going to take a hit when he swaps those.

You're probably right just trying to clarify for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom