• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rCIZZLE

Damn, I want to start listing my average stuff for 50-100 and see if I get any takers. This patch isn't downloading for some reason though. -_-

Zeliard

Sold it for $50 earlier. Sorry :D

lawl, you bastard

Bet you could have sold it for $100+, though.

There is so much room for arbitrage right now it's hilarious.

If the gold AH was up it would be even worse.

You can buy a 30% Stormshield for $100 on the RMAH

You can sell a 30% Stormshield on the gold AH for 20 million gold.

You can sell gold for $9 / million on trade forums.

Boom, you just made $80 for doing nothing.

Yep. I imagine quite a few of the larger sales people are getting through are to those who are attempting to make an even higher sum with them.

They're also hilarity in the form of buying items off the gold AH for dirt cheap and reselling them for a meaty sum on the RMAH.

If anyone has the Flawless Star Amethyst recipe can you add me? I have one Star already, thinking about buying 2 more stars and then upgrading to a Flawless. I dont want to outright buy a flawless on the AH though because that's like 650k I don't need to spend.

Anustart

Question for someone trusted. I accidentally sold items for blizz bucks, would anyone be kind enough to put up a junk item and I buy it, then they paypal me the money, minus say 5$ for helping?

someone pm me if available, I'm away from home, but would need the assistance later!

Yep. I imagine quite a few of the larger sales people are getting through are to those who are attempting to make an even higher sum with them.

They're also hilarity in the form of buying items off the gold AH for dirt cheap and reselling them for a meaty sum on the RMAH.

I actually earned a 30% Stormshield earlier by buying underpriced items on the RMAH this morning and reselling them (on the RMAH) for anywhere from 3-7x the price I paid until my bnet balance was high enough to just buy one.

Hmm, should I sacrifice 200 Dex for Attack Speed, Crit Chance and Crit Damage?

I can't do the math, lol.

This is for my DH btw.

Askani

Am I missing something? With two characters on their first play through Act I Nightmare, I haven't dropped a single rare off any boss. I'm getting rares from goblins and chests and elites and whatnot, but none from bosses. Is this some anti-farming thing that I didn't read about?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I actually earned a 30% Stormshield earlier by buying underpriced items on the RMAH this morning and reselling them (on the RMAH) for anywhere from 3-7x the price I paid until my bnet balance was high enough to just buy one.

So are only items over x dollars getting flagged for that "processing" e-mail/status then? Every item I've sold I don't have the money for yet and they don't have their item yet.

So are only items over x dollars getting flagged for that "processing" e-mail/status then? Every item I've sold I don't have the money for yet and they don't have their item yet.

I think so, but I'm not sure what the cutoff is. Seems like anything under $10 doesn't get flagged, or at least that's hot it was with me. I suppose the algorithm could be more complicated and I got lucky, but I definitely had ac ombination of flagged and unflagged items.

All the items that were flagged, I had the money in about an hour

RDreamer

I sold something for 4 bucks and I haven't got my money yet... Which really puts a damper on trying to flip things...

I just sold my sub-1000 dps (although it had a socket) Crossbow for $40 ($33 profit). My armor, which I listed up for a bit less ($25-30 range for each of the pieces) hasn't yet sold. This was all a crapshoot, though, and I cannot even fathom / believe people paying this much cash for this stuff.

HBdrK.png

xelios

Attack Speed seems like a bit of a landmine until we see what the nerf is.

Now's the time to sell that atk speed stuff off for big bucks, then if it's still decent after the nerf buy it back cheaper. Lots of people don't even know it's incoming and it's still one of the best selling mods.

Edit: Man, someone was actually trying to talk about the GAME. I apologize!

I sold something for 4 bucks and I haven't got my money yet... Which really puts a damper on trying to flip things...

Weird, maybe it has to do with whether the seller is receiving the funds as paypal or bnet? Almost all my transactiosn under $10 weren't flagged, but the few that were higher did get flagged.

Then again, it could be completely random like airport screening!

BigDug13

I'm a US Sailor stationed in Japan. Will I have access to the RMAH? (I'm at work right now since it's 9:17am on Wednesday here.)

Riggs

Banned
Really do not like how this game has become all about real life cash , at least at the moment. But eh just my opinion. People will argue D2 always had this going on, I just never took part in it. Everyone has an opinion I guess.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Am I missing something? With two characters on their first play through Act I Nightmare, I haven't dropped a single rare off any boss. I'm getting rares from goblins and chests and elites and whatnot, but none from bosses. Is this some anti-farming thing that I didn't read about?

They're only guaranteed on normal, or if you're level 60 and have nephilim valor stacked. They're changing it so you get guaranteed rares the first time you kill a boss on a particular difficulty though iirc.

rCIZZLE

I wonder how long this is going to last. In the next day everybody is going to be listing their actual good gear for reasonable prices.

I wonder how long this is going to last. In the next day everybody is going to be listing their actual good gear for reasonable prices.

Yea if you look through the list right now there are tons and tons of shit items listed for high prices. Almost nothing ever shows as Sold anymore. Going to be a reality check in 1 day 6 hours :)

Riggs

Banned

It will all balance out I'd think. The question I have is RMAH good for the game, I would have to say no. I don't really have any facts on why I think it's bad for the game, just a gut feeling.

Ferrio

Banned
I just sold my sub-1000 dps (although it had a socket) Crossbow for $40 ($33 profit). My armor, which I listed up for a bit less ($25-30 range for each of the pieces) hasn't yet sold. This was all a crapshoot, though, and I cannot even fathom / believe people paying this much cash for this stuff.

HBdrK.png

Crap my Xbow isn't going to sell at 200 then! Oh well. Just means I'll still have a weapon come 1.0.3.

BigDug13

It will all balance out I'd think. The question I have is RMAH good for the game, I would have to say no. I don't really have any facts on why I think it's bad for the game, just a gut feeling.

The real sign will be once they implement PvP. Then you're going to run into people selling and buying in the RMAH to have a legit leg-up on the competition.

inky

Meh, I just feel like cashing out will all the crap I have and start over or wait for 1.0.3. It's that double feeling of probably partaking in the madness and at the same time hating what the game will become with it. The other option is to completely ignore it I guess, but it's hard to do that. Maybe I'll just go hardcore where there's nothing of this nonsense.

Einbroch

Banned
Meh, I just feel like cashing out will all the crap I have and start over or wait for 1.0.3. It's that double feeling of probably partaking in the madness and at the same time hating what the game will become with it. The other option is to completely ignore it I guess, but it's hard to do that.

That's what I'm doing. Selling it all and playing other stuff until 1.0.3 and just starting fresh with a new character if things settle.

Riggs

Banned
The real sign will be once they implement PvP. Then you're going to run into people selling and buying in the RMAH to have a legit leg-up on the competition.

Never thought about that, lol it takes away the entire point of Diablo for me. Whole point is to find my own loot, not pay for it. But it's all personal choices I guess.

xelios

Geez my gloves just sold for $75. Still waiting on someone to buy my awesome ring or boots.

Alex

I hate that the PvP is arena-type fare. WoW team laments arenas and wishes they didn't put them in, Diablo III team turns around and puts them into a game where they make even less fucking sense.

Shoulda ripped off Demon's Souls and went with world invasions. I keep saying this because it would have been awesome.

Crap my Xbow isn't going to sell at 200 then! Oh well. Just means I'll still have a weapon come 1.0.3.

That seems to be a general feeling among several people I know. "Aw, its not selling... well at least I wont be naked now!" :lol

spirity

Really do not like how this game has become all about real life cash , at least at the moment. But eh just my opinion. People will argue D2 always had this going on, I just never took part in it. Everyone has an opinion I guess.

Its quite a bit different when its brought -into- the game though, where its front and center.

Interesting to see its effect on everyone.

BigDug13

Gaming for profit. Things that people have been doing since the days of EQ, selling items and gold on ebay, now sanctioned with tools provided by the game makers.

I know of people who used to make it their job, sometimes pulling in as much as 30k a year farming EQ items to sell.

Can you make a living doing this?

Meh, I just feel like cashing out will all the crap I have and start over or wait for 1.0.3. It's that double feeling of probably partaking in the madness and at the same time hating what the game will become with it. The other option is to completely ignore it I guess, but it's hard to do that. Maybe I'll just go hardcore where there's nothing of this nonsense.

That's basically been my feeling, except I'm pretty committed to my Hardcore Witch Doctor right now until she dies. My eagerness to play Diablo III has been dwindling, so all of my softcore Demon Hunter is on the market. The worst that happens is that I buy all new gear (at obviously lower, reasonable prices) later or before an expansion comes out. Plus, with changes in Attack Speed and whatever else is coming, the meta game will be very different from what it is now anyway.

tl;dr: Now is the time to sell, baby.

Ferrio

Banned
I hate that the PvP is arena-type fare. WoW team laments arenas and wishes they didn't put them in, Diablo III team turns around and puts them into a game where they make even less fucking sense.

Shoulda ripped off Demon's Souls and went with world invasions. I keep saying this because it would have been awesome.

That seems to be a general feeling among several people I know. "Aw, its not selling... well at least I wont be naked now!" :lol

Really good, bow.. but it's DPS numbers aren't huge (1022) so people don't take notice. 250 dex, and like 50% crit damage.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Gaming for profit. Things that people have been doing since the days of EQ, selling items and gold on ebay, now sanctioned with tools provided by the game makers.

I know of people who used to make it their job, sometimes pulling in as much as 30k a year farming EQ items to sell.

Once item values stabilize? I really, really doubt it. There might be a small handful who will be able to hustle their way to a meager living, if that.

Unfortunately, there is no way the demand is going to outweigh the competitive supply in the long run. Give it a month, maybe even less than that, and it's going to very much be a buyer's market except for the toppest-of-the-top tier. Plus, as long as workers in other countries are in on the farming and don't mind making much lower revenue, then it's not going to fit well with western standards of living.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom